The Climate Reality Project, a nonprofit organization founded by former Vice President Al Gore, is offering a full-time position for a Senior Development Associate. This position will play an integral role in a fast-paced organization that uses cutting-edge communications and grassroots strategies to demonstrate the urgency and solvability of the climate crisis.
The Senior Development Associate will be responsible for fundraising initiatives and will report to the Director of Development. Climate Reality has offices in Washington, D.C. and Boulder, Colorado. The location of this position is in Boulder, Colorado.
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Assist in outreach to foundation and individual donor prospects;
- Assist in proposal writing, grant reporting and the creation of marketing materials;
- Create and manage key donor prospect lists through background knowledge and advanced research;
- Support the President & CEO from the Boulder Office as it relates to the execution of weekly development needs;
- Lead major donor meetings and fundraising events, as directed by the Director of Development;
- Lead fundraising campaigns, including innovative digital platforms, as directed by the Director of Development;
- Coordinate with various departments on development needs and reporting requirements;
- Coordinate with the Development Associate on acknowledgement letters and compliance matters; and
- General administrative tasks related to the Development Department.
Core Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 5-7 years of fundraising or development experience.
- Experience interacting with foundations and major gift philanthropic donors.
- Proficiency in grant proposal writing, event execution and funding solicitation meetings.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well part of a team, interacting with colleagues in different geographies.
- Demonstrated good judgment and absolute need for discretion.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Expertise in West Coast fundraising or development is a plus.
- Knowledge of development databases, Salesforce experience a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, especially MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Mac experience preferred.
Salary and Benefits:
- Commensurate with experience.
- Excellent benefits, including medical, dental, 401K, etc.
The Climate Reality Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.
Indeed - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard
The Climate Reality Project, a nonprofit organization founded by former Vice President Al Gore, is offering a full-time position for a...