The Clorox Company Employee Reviews in United States

Overall Review
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CADecember 9, 2015
Many activities are outsourced so you're involved in more problem resolution activities and projects. This is not a flat organization. There are many levels of review and approval.
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
Loss of historical knowledge with layoffs/terms.
Very productive and fun place to work.
Proofread/Copywriter, Translator (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 7, 2015
I was surprised to land a job at The Clorox Company because I was not looking for work, yet I heard of an opportunity I could not pass up. The environment within the office building is really wonderful. There is so much to learn while working and the coworkers are helpful and filled with good energy.
Pros
Lots of fun playing games
Cons
Located in a hard part of Oakland.
Always moving around makes it very productive and work area is aright.
Unloader/Stocker and Running Lines (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 18, 2015
A typical day at Clorox Warehouse was constantly moving from one spot to another on the lines.You learn quickly how paste yourself working with others.The managers and co-workers work as a team to get everything done.When a large load comes in at the last second that's the hardest part of the day.When I get off is most enjoyable part of the day.
Pros
No free lunches
Cons
Breaks was alright
Fun Place to Work
Process Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARNovember 14, 2015
I'm not sure if I would enjoy working in a manufacturing facility for the rest of my life, but if I was going to, I would want to do it with this company. The pay and benefits are great, the workers are friendly, and the management is solid. I really enjoyed my internship there and would strongly consider working there if I was offered a job.
Pros
Great pay, great benefits, strong culture
Cons
Manufacturing setting, lack of job clarity
a learning experience
Production Line Operator (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDNovember 13, 2015
stock rotate stock as needed and worked my way up to small scale manager. liked hours of operation and different people i got to work with
Corporate Admin Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 22, 2015
Clorox was an excellent company to be employed. My duties were to assist fellow employees with the daily operations of shipping/receiving as well as special projects of shipments to various plants.Great people and excellent benefits.
Pros
People oriented, 1/2 day summer hours.
Cons
Unexpected management decisions
It had a ping pong table we could play on at lunch
Palletizer Operator (Former Employee) –  University Park, ILOctober 7, 2015
This job was ok. It was a huge factory and required a lot of work sometimes but most of the co workers were team players. I learned how to work a conveyor belt and palletize different products. The management was ok but could've been better. The hardest part of the job was meeting the dead line for different products to be packed and ready to be shipped out to the distributer. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning how different machines worked and how to operate them.
Pros
Had cook outs for noone getting injured on the job
Cons
no health care sometimes no teamwork
Not a dream job
Labor Worker (Former Employee) –  University Park, ILSeptember 22, 2015
Even though minimum wage jobs are for people with minimum skills as some who never worked in a warehouse I would not reccommed working in a warehouse. The co-workers make it seems as if its high school way to much drama. Some of the management is nice, but others take advantage of their authority.
Cons
One break, Standing on concrete, unpaid lunches
Great company to work for with lots of opportunity.
Sr. Manager Operations (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 12, 2015
Clorox is a great company to work for. The people are great and the company is very close like family. Excellent benefits and Clorox truly believes in the work life balance for the family.
na
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  University Park, ILSeptember 2, 2015
As a DSP, you encounter plenty of Negative Nancys and Debbie Downers which make it tough and busy on certain days. There are days you have to pick up their slack. Despite having conversations with this minority group, it's difficult to turn them into Positive Pattys. Accountability is the issue here and being too lenient with the individuals will only cause a ripple effect on the good staff. How can we avoid having t…
Bad Productivity and not much of a fun work place.
Unloading and Loading (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GeorgiaSeptember 2, 2015
Working for this company was a total disaster the pay wasnt was not equal to the work, workers didnt want to complete their jobs, supervisors didnt enforce the wrong doing throughout the company. Even though, I had that my working experience their wasnt the best. Not necessarily saying how i worked because I always got the job done, worked hard and never complained. It was time for something bigger and better due to my work ethic.
Pros
The pros of the job was that I got paid every week and had the weekends off.
Cons
The Cons of the job was breaks wasnt as long as they should have been, Only had one 30 min day for the day, worked from 3-11, sometimes3-7 in the morning.
they don't do sales commision except anually--odd
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Northeast and New EnglandAugust 31, 2015
Clorox is trying to get into healthcare and doing well, but lacks leadership and experience to get there. They don't have a sales incentive program that is truly incentivizing and they lack a sales culture.
Pros
great benefits and work life balance
Cons
no incentive compensation and no sales tracings, poor distributor relations
Work Life Balance is a Way of Life
Foods Process Development Engineer, Scientist II (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAAugust 23, 2015
Work life balance is emphasized, but sometimes at the expense of getting the job done. Promotions often feel political and it's hard to feel like this is a long term place if you're not of the Clorox mold. Also, our pay isn't very competitive for the Bay Area.
productive and fun loving
SAP BW/HANA Technical LEAD (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton - CAAugust 19, 2015
 Has 9 Years of experience in SAP BW/BI, SAP HANA along with SAP BO ABAP/4 programming and BW on HANA, as a Technical Architecture & Team Lead.
 Worked with the global clients like Clorox Group, GE Energy Management, PerkinElmer, P&G Procter Gamble, Owens Corning, and DuPont.
 Responsible for the SAP BW/BI, SAP BO and SAP HANA Project development lifecycle from Project preparation, BBP(Business Blue Print), Realization, Final Preparation, Requirements gathering, Functional technical design documents, Development, Unit testing, Integration testing, Use Acceptance Testing, Go-live and Post Go-live support.
Pros
free lunch
Productive, and had games for break time
packer/shipper (Current Employee) –  university park, ilAugust 18, 2015
A typical day of work at the clorox company is like a daily routine. i clock in and immediately go to work. I learned how to build boxes, pack them and ship them out. All of my co-workers and fun to be around and they make the day go by faster. The hardest part of the job is standing the full 8 hours with one 30 minute break. The most enjoyable part is knowing all the work is done and going home.
Pros
free water bottles
Cons
short breaks, no benefits, and low minium wage
Great days at clorox
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GAAugust 14, 2015
My shift began at 5. We had a brief team meeting to let us know where we stood and what we had for production that day. We then selected our fork lifts and began the days/nights work. Management kept us motivated throughout the shift. my co-workers were an awesome help when i needed them. There was nothing hard about this job at all! The most enjoyable part about this job was knowing i was being productive by my LMS score status. That kept me self motivated.
AWESOME place to work
HR/Payroll Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 5, 2015
Clorox was/is a great company to work for! Job/Work balance was strongly promoted. Great people to work with Team Work environment. Employees were valued.
Pros
Summer hours from Memorial to Labor Days (May to September)
Cons
Where I lived it was too far to travel to after husband became ill, had to work closer to home!
24/7 operation - great company - constant change makes it an exciting work environment
Manager - Environmental, Safety & Health Manager (Current Employee) –  Forest Park, GAAugust 2, 2015
Typically start at 7:30 am (M-F) unless there are important issues on that particular day - periodic late night or weekend need to supervise/assist in an emergency spill clean-up or first aid incident

Enhanced my PSM skills with having two PSM chemicals - Chlorine and 100% Isopropanol Alcohol

Worked with many knowledgeable associates in the chemical handling, mixing and packaging business

The plant does not have climate control and there are days when the heat and humidity make for a long day. I've found that its best to spend more time on the floor than in the office - the constant change in environment makes me more fatigued than moving in and out of the air conditioning and has the added advantage of keeping me in touch with the associated and what's happening on the plant floor.
Pros
Weekly product give away, company uniforms provided by Clorox
Cons
Contraction of salaried work force (40 to 23) in the three years I've worked for Clorox
Help me to grown in Retail,and Merchandiser products
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRJuly 30, 2015
Excelent company. I learn the corporate sales and service techniques.

I learn the AMPS ...assorted Merchandisers Pricing and Shelf. The all combinations for exposure our products.
Great Place to work - Large Corporate Intity
Material Coordinator Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 28, 2015
This place is great. The people are great and the work is abundant. The change process is slow and bringing materials to market takes a lot but this is something the company is aware of and working on. If you don't go in at a decision making position, it could be hard to get your ideas heard without meeting upon meeting upon meeting...
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
Slow at change - Lots of old thinkers