The CMI Group Employee Reviews

Fun workplace with overtime and bonus
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXOctober 9, 2016
Debt collections is exactly how you picture it with people cussing at you or yelling at you daily but you also get people that really want to pay their bills and gives you the opportunity to make bonus.

The hardest part of the job is having to figure out which aggressive but not unprofessional approach to take with the debtors.
Some employees would not code an account properly causing us to call the same debtor that cussed us out earlier

Management was cool. Some were a little snobbish but ok. They really try to help you get the job down. They don't want you to fail. The company gives you 2 weeks paid training but that's just the basics... you learn more out on the floor.

Enjoyable part - They give away gift cards and different goodies from time to time. Also, available OT.

Company has great benefits and also owned by the employees. They arent like other debt collection agencies. They have morals and good ethics. The CEO is a Christian man and treats his employees well.
Pros
Available OT, Good people to work with
Cons
Phone system and being assigned to only one client to collect on
awesome workplace
1st Party Representative (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 30, 2017
The management is decent, while some leaders are top notch others seem inexperienced and would be new people hired outside current staff when at the hiring process you are told that they promote from within staff. Hardest part of job would have to be collecting from outside customers since it is a collection agency. I learned to have patience and hear the person out as well as assist in all ways possible to help the customer understand why they have accumulated such a large bill and to assist in making the payment to restore their internet/phone/cable services.
Pros
great opportunity to make alot of hours/bonuses
Cons
may only get to work 4 hours before getting sent home
productive and fun open learning work place
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 14, 2017
job requires consist voice calls from customers while crew member receives customers information to collect a debt. the most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers, management can also help receptionists (crew) with hard or difficult calls
Very Unorganized
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJanuary 11, 2017
There were not very good employees and they were not very nice. They were rude but they did give lots of overtime. I took payments up from the customers
Pros
overtime
Good place to gain call center experience
First Party Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 27, 2016
I've worked for the dallas office, and the environment was great. The CMI group is a good place to gain call center experience, but not a good place for any long term commitments.
Pros
Gaining call center experience, systems are simple and easy to navigate through
Cons
Only for those who have no call center experience, only work 30 hours a week at $9.00 per hour
Fun learning enviroment
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75287October 24, 2016
I kind of grew on the Cmi group due to my team lead because the customers can be something else but in all, this is where i learned more so of keeping calm and building rapport with the customers to make calls go easier a little
Over all, a good solid company to work for, depending on the department
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJuly 11, 2012
For a smaller company, they do a great job at reviewing benefits annually and finding the best options for its staff. The pay is also much higher than expected for a company of its size.

Certain departments have a poor work/life balance where overtime is expected. During my tenure, these were not salaried positions.

Training is not standardized (no formal training offered, no continuing education offered) for positions outside of the call center.
This is a privately held company, there are several family members in its employ.

This is also a call center, and therefore has a low retention rate, as expected for such.
Pros
great benefits, pay
Cons
poor work/family balance. management of certain teams expects overtime greater than 5 hours per week
Excellent work place and fun to work,
Bilingual Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJanuary 21, 2015
The best thing that i enjoyed of the cmi is that they let me do my own schedule. worked part time but also sometimes they let me do extra hours. The teams that they have it made it fun. That was because we competed with all the teams who collected the most. I use to get different prices and by collecting more and more it was better for our record. The management their worked hard with us compensating us with prices, certificates, or by giving us a raise. The hardest part sometimes was Taking care of costumers that we couldn't help and they wanted for us to help no matter what was the issue. I learned how to time and speak on the phone at the same time listen to the costumers issue.
fun workplace, lots of contest to win great prizes
Collector (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJuly 11, 2016
very repetitive since its a call center. You have a goal every month and get an update on how you're doing each day. The management team is great and willing to coach you if needed. Co-workers are friendly but there is a high turn over rate. Collections isn't the most fun job but CMI does what they can to make it better by having games and contest.
Fun place to work in HS
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 24, 2016
really fun place to work if youre in high school. perfect first job. Super easy and fun. Recommend to any high school student
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
short breaks

Want to know more about The CMI Group?

Ask a question
productive workplace
CSR Agent (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXAugust 12, 2016
a typical day at worked consisted of taking inbound calls from time warner cable services. as a csr agent I would take payments over the phone and set up payments arrangements. I would also be able to answer any additional questions.
productive, manageable
Customer Service Rep for Time Warner Cable (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXNovember 11, 2015
overall CMI is a good company to work for. It's very fast pace at times but very easy to adapt to. Fun and motivational space
benefits
Cons
short breaks, no lunch
decent company. fast pace customer service
Customer Service & Collections Representatives (Former Employee) –  dallas, txOctober 4, 2014
it was the first real call center position
adjusted to it well and quickly
coworkers were ok
management was ok I got along w my supervisors
most enjoyable part of the job was meeting monthly goal
most hard part was having to make up for sick time
definitely learned how to multi task and organize
Pros
trained well to perform quality customer service
Cons
not too many benefits
ok job
Collector (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXOctober 19, 2012
cmi was a part time job. didnt have any full time positions available unless you invested a couple years there. cmi also works with there employees with school, second job and ect. it just didnt pay enough
Pros
cmi works around employees schedules
Cons
no pay raises nor full time positions
Not a good company
3rd Party Collector (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXApril 27, 2016
These people are theives! Not only from the customers but from employees! They didnt even pay me all my money when I worked there, after my last week there, they still owe me a check for a whole week, this place is ghetto and dirty. Dont go here!
Confined
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMarch 20, 2014
Did a review previously for current position as a Quality Assurance Analyst
Pros
Independence and Mininmal Supervision
Cons
Compensation
Exciting
Call Center Specialist- Inbound & Outbound Calls (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 4, 2016
Great place to work, family oriented, managers were not very good or hard workers, free lunches and gifts and bonuses every month
very good place to work
Customer Service Rep and Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJanuary 4, 2016
This is a very good place to work.Co workers are very helpful,management creates the right atmosphere and everyone looks forward to the next day
Fun place to work at, people are great although customers were not
Call Agent (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TexasSeptember 23, 2015
9 hour shift with 1 hour lunch, learned about cable company billings etc, management was good, co-workers were the best. Hardest part of the job would be schedule change request and days off request were never accepted even for important things. The most enjoyable part was the income.
Pros
Good income and great bonuses
Cons
Hard to get a schedule change or days off
CSR Agent
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXNovember 10, 2015
Its a great environment if your a teenager in high school. But for an adult to make it a career I doubt thats the place you want to build your future. This is a stressful environment and they ask for to much and pay to little.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The CMI Group. Our community is ready to answer.

54%