The CMI Group Employee Reviews

Very Good Place to Work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXOctober 31, 2017
Overall great place to work for lower level workers. If you have ambition and are seeking advancement, it is a great resume builder. Great, fun people to work with and conveniently located in the metroplex. Very easy to stand out there. I love working there!
Pros
Low Pressure Environment
Cons
Low Compensation
Busy and stressful
Bilingual Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 27, 2017
The call center was very stressful and fast-paced. While there were some pros to working there, there were more cons than anything else. Working collections is a difficult job.
Enjoyable
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 15, 2017
Typical work day. Learned how to correctly collect money and what legal terms to use when or before collection. Management was of good assistance. Workplace culture was pleasant.
It's ok
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXSeptember 7, 2017
It used to be pretty comfortable for us to work. It was a great enviornment, but then calls started to slow down, so they would send people home even if they didn't want to, computers would always freeze while we were on calls. It was pretty stressfull!
fast paced environment
Customer Service Representative/Collections (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXSeptember 6, 2017
Quick and can be stressful. I learned how to deal with customers over the phone and deal with collecting debts. Management and co-workers were positive and motivating. Hardest part of the job was dealing with irate customers who couldn't be reasoned with. But the most enjoyable part is learning the skills to help that irate customer and solve their problems and notice their entire attitude transform.
Pros
Good hours, No weekends
Cons
No benefits
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 31, 2017
No 👎 no no no no no no don't work here. It sucks there i will nwver go back there its messy dirty and they lie they dont pay enoigh either this is the most unorganized company
high expectations
Debt Collector agent (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXAugust 19, 2017
They expected to much as a new person. In your first day on the phones they expected you to collect as much payments as the person who has been there years.
First Party Agent (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXAugust 18, 2017
Staff is great. Call center, you can expect anything coming from a customer that's in collections. Easy job, 1 week training, many positions available- full and part time.
Fun first job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXAugust 9, 2017
I liked working at CMI because of my coworkers and it was actually fun to compete in little competitions of who can collect the most of pot pucks etc but the pay SUCKS they don't pay the representatives what they deserve.
Pros
Coworkers fun place to work at
Cons
Short breaks pay stressful
Extremely strict
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJuly 27, 2017
Hardest part of the job for me was having to learn something new after I had already consumed information to learn something else only a month in. Didn't even have time to perfect what I was taught. Even when I asked if I could maybe get used to my 1st call center, I was told that I had no choice in the matter. Otherwise, I excelled and I got better at doing that job every single day. I progressed so quickly some of the call center veterans couldn't resist commenting on my astounding progress.
Pros
I got to choose my work hours
Cons
Extremely strict rules
Good call center
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 6, 2017
The sea in my group is a great customer service call center for anyone who is willing to work fast paced and willing to work extra hours they offer lots of hours good pay and good hours
Very productive
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJuly 1, 2017
A typical day at work friendly easy paste
How to maintain great customer service skills
Taking supervisor call in q
Most enjoyable part of the job was
Lunch room
Hardest part wasq/a"s
Pros
Answer phone calls, Pto
Terrible
sales (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJune 24, 2017
TERRIBLE company to work for. they are unorganized. the management system stinks. they scheduling is terrible. the pay is horrible, the building itself is bad.
busy and comfortable workplace
Agent (Current Employee) –  dallas texasJune 9, 2017
Most days consist of a comfortable work environment, with very friendly coworkers. Everyday is a different day, I always learn something new, whether it is with a customer or a co-worker. The management at the CMI Group is always on top of their agents through out the day, they are always letting us know how we are doing every 3 hours or so. The hardest part of the job is remembering the script verbatim. Now, the most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with different customers everyday.
Pros
comfortable, flexible hours
Cons
15 minute lunch, no benefits, only part-time, no PTO
OK Company to work for
SQL Database Developer (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMay 16, 2017
Do your job, get a paycheck and go home. No fringe benefits that make it fun going to work. If you want stability and fairly regular hours this is for you.
Productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMarch 29, 2017
typical day is to get as man payments as possible.
comfortable work environment.
bonuses if you get a lot of payments.
con is mandatory time off when they send you home for low call volume.
Needs Improving in all aspects
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMarch 28, 2017
two weeks of training, managers micro manage. The pay scale is poor and they have a high turn overrate. Hour lunch with two fifteen minute breaks. Great job for entry level.
Pros
catered lunch someimes
Cons
pay
Does not pay enough
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXFebruary 26, 2017
Last resort work.. they are really easy to get on but once you get on there it is awful.. they are con artist. They make it hard to bonus, their turnover rate is so high everyone is leaving. Do not go there if you have other choices
awesome workplace
1st Party Representative (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 30, 2017
The management is decent, while some leaders are top notch others seem inexperienced and would be new people hired outside current staff when at the hiring process you are told that they promote from within staff. Hardest part of job would have to be collecting from outside customers since it is a collection agency. I learned to have patience and hear the person out as well as assist in all ways possible to help the customer understand why they have accumulated such a large bill and to assist in making the payment to restore their internet/phone/cable services.
Pros
great opportunity to make alot of hours/bonuses
Cons
may only get to work 4 hours before getting sent home
productive and fun open learning work place
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 14, 2017
job requires consist voice calls from customers while crew member receives customers information to collect a debt. the most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers, management can also help receptionists (crew) with hard or difficult calls

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The CMI Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9