The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf Employee Reviews

Great Coffee with Great People
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 14, 2017
I've worked for a couple different coffee shops, and as with the typical coffee shop environment, you become family with your coworkers. The company is great and well managed. With the exception of the shift I work, I don't have a single complaint about my time with Coffee Bean.
dont work here
Barista (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 9, 2017
If the sorry management doesnt get on your nerves the entitled customers will. You dont get any benefits or good pay and you feel miserable coming in to work every day
Pros
funky a$z free drink
Long days with lovely guests
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 9, 2017
A typical day at coffe bean, was a lot of cleaning with a mixture of unproffesionalism. Learned that no one will listen, Guests are always nice, The hardest part about coffe bean was keeping everything cleaned and delegating workers to do what they needed to do. The most enjoyable part of being a barista was having to come in with everything done and communicating with my dailies. The management was fair but was never tehre to fully help. The workplace culture is centered around policies that are and were never followed by anyone,
Pros
great guests and amazing coffee
Cons
paid the same rate as teh barista being a supervisor
General Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 23, 2017
I love this job. It was stressful at times, but that is normal. I felt that there was a good work/life balance as well as good compensation for all of my hard work.
fun and easy job to learn
Skilled Barista (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INSeptember 21, 2017
I learned how to make all the cold and hot drinks, as well as work the register. It is not a difficult job, once you get the hang of making the drinks. The management is fine, and the pay is good. My coworkers are nice and good to work with. It is a very fast-paced job, because people are always in line to buy coffee or tea.
Pros
free dinner, good pay
Cons
very fast-paced
fast paced, time flys by, and makes it fun
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CASeptember 20, 2017
management opportunities, always something new at work. makes it something to look forward to. fun, the customers teach you to be patient. over all a good place to work
Pros
discounts
Cons
not great salary
fun but too stressful
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 17, 2017
Coffee bean was fun but stressful. The store that i was located in was very busy and hectic. Many because of that quit and therefore causing the people who stayed understaffed. That began to make us employees stressed. The manager was a good person but i felt didn't have the balance to make everything work.
Productive and Fun
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 13, 2017
A typical day at work consist of laughs and giggles among colleagues and team-based projects. Management can improve communication and distribute that information among the team. Benefits should be implemented to part time employees, as well. Overall, fun place to work in.
Pros
Free Fancy Coffee
Cons
No Benefits
Rude manager and lazy workers
Barista (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 8, 2017
Coffee Bean was a nightmare for me because it was my first food job and I was left by myself all the time. Even when it was busy I would have to take orders and make drinks by myself. Everyone got paid more than me as well.
Pros
Cons
horrible manager
Productivity at it's Best
BARISTA (Former Employee) –  Arizona, USASeptember 7, 2017
My time at the Coffee Bean was amazing because I really got to understand the craft behind being a barista - it's not as simple as making a cup of coffee here and there. The team I worked with made the workplace run smoothly and kept the atmosphere light and fun - exactly what a coffee shop should be!
Best Job I've ever had
Barista (Current Employee) –  Orange, CA 92865August 27, 2017
If I had it my way I would never leave this job, I love it so much and it was the best thing to ever happen to me. Everyone was always so sweet and considerate. they had Great moral and really knew how to give good constructive criticism as well as a wonderful work environment.
Pros
Free Coffee and Tea all day. one free drink and 50% off everything
Cons
Not as many hours as I would have liked
Fun first job
Barista (Former Employee) –  Century 21August 24, 2017
It was my first job, but it was really fun. It's interesting learning new barista skills from those who's been there for a while. I do wish they open their locations in New York again, but whenever they do, I do want to work there again.
Pros
Nice people, calm environment, creative
Cons
Poor management, schedule miscommunication
great working experince
Lead Baurista (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 18, 2017
I was young but it was a wonderful well managed coffee shop to work at. i learned alot about different coffee and teas. the staff was great and that brought respectable customers.
Fun Coffee Shop
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 17, 2017
CBTL is a great place to work. The only thing i would change is more opportunities for advancement. It is very hard to work there full time and trying to move into a store manager position can be very difficult.
Fun and enojoyable
Barista (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 7, 2017
I was trained properly how to pull espresso and steam milk. The management was very helpful and always supportive. The work environment is very easy going and everyone gets along pretty well. Only complaint would be VERY young management goes with inexperience.
The Coffee Bean is a great company to work for.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Commerce, CAAugust 7, 2017
Working at The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf has given me the opportunity to grow my customer service skills. The environment is extremely fast paced, so I am able to multitask. I enjoy delegating tasks and setting goals for our store.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Not full time
Great Culture People focused
Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 6, 2017
Company that truly cares about their team members. Can be a disconnect between what the people in the field need and what the Corporation believes they need.

Great Product.. Hard work.. Looks easy but it is not.
Learn how to be a barista.
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Los Angeles, CAAugust 3, 2017
Learn how to work on the expresso machine and make lattes macchiatos and also learn how to work as a cashier. Got alot experience with customer service.
Pros
Experiance
Cons
Short breaks
a friendly environment
Barista (Former Employee) –  Pacific Palisades, CAAugust 3, 2017
this is a fast paced environment to work for. Multi-tasking is a plus. Early morning shifts always require energetic people. Being able to learn a lot of drinks in short amount of time is best. Following standards to make the right product and reach high levels of customer satisfaction is always the goal.
Pros
shift usually is fast during rush hours
Cons
job requires to multi-task most of the time, low pay
fast-paced environment while making drinks
Barista (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAAugust 2, 2017
a regular day consisted of daily cleaning of the store. consecutively making coffee drinks for customer during the morning rush. I've learned to get to know regular customers, therefore making it easy to know their drink and have it ready.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. Our community is ready to answer.