The College Network

The College Network Employer Reviews

Great People to Work With, and Fulfulling Purpose
Academic Advisor (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 1, 2014
I enjoyed going into work on a daily basis. I enjoyed everyone I worked with in this environment. It was a shame that had to cut back on their workforce.
Not a bad place to work. The company is economically unsound at this time.
Program Advisor (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 19, 2014
Pros: good spiff contests
Cons: can't walk away from your phone for even a minute
I had a good direct supervisor. Typical day is to make lots of outbound calls and take 5-15 inbound calls to sell distance learning professional certs for professional advancement. The bad economy is hurting this company. They've had to reduce staffing pretty severely, unfortunately.
Career enhancing workplace with upward mobility
Program Advisor (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 16, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: have to be flexible to meet goals, and to stay on task.
I have held several positions at The College Network, all of which enabled me to discover and hone my skills and aptitudes.
I started as an Academic Advisor, responsible for incoming and outbound calls from customers regarding educational materials. I was responsible for completing course analysis for degree specific programs. I served as a temporary – more... team lead focusing on customer negotiations, complex problem solving skill set. That lead to a Tier Three advisor, focusing on maintaining positive customer relationships, conflict resolutions, active listening, and my oral communication skills. After that position, I was offered a chance to expound on my current aptitudes by delving into the sales aspect of the company. Once again, inbound outbound calls, meet and exceed daily expectations. Presentations daily selling and marketing educational materials. Met and exceeded monthly sales goals. Rookie of the year 2013 sales award. – less
Productive workplace
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 6, 2014
Small company..Very friendly environment. No room for advancement.
Needs more overall training provided to employees
Collections Specialist (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 6, 2013
A typical day would consist of inbound and outbound calls.
I did learn how the R/N and LPN financing works for school loans.
Once again I do believe that the managing could be more improved.
I loved working with the coworkers I worked with.
The last par of the day.
The morning part of the day.
Lots of negociating
Loan Adjustor Specialist (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 11, 2013
Collecting on past due balances.
Finding ways to get money without being too pushy.
Avoid this organization as an employee or client
Central Indiana Program Advisor (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 10, 2012
Shady. Shady. Shady.

Misleading internally and externally. At the end of the day, this is a company you will not be proud to represent.
Great Motivators and that is about it
Appointment Coordinator (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 11, 2012
Pros: prizes, benefits, customer service week
Cons: no real breaks, terrible hours, department stays cold/freezing
As an Appointment Coordinator, you are required to make at least 200 calls a day. The management look towards the Appointment Coordinators when the prospects do not want to set appointments. Many prospects go on the internet to find information or have something sent to them. When they realize the call is to set them up with Program Advisor, many decide – more... against it, or set the appointment only to call back in to cancel. Those who keep their appointments may not see the Program Advisor because they also determine if they want to drive to the appointment or not. Not to mention, many program advisors were going to the appointments and not making note of the commission that should go to the Appointment Coordinator. Other prospects decided against the company and it's programs because the company called them everyday and does not offer help, such as financial aid.
Managers in the Appointment Coordinator department talk to the staff as if they are children, not grown adults there to complete a job. All that to say the best part of my employment there were Friday's because of the prizes. I found this job to be very boring and the hours are not beneficial for anyone who wants to maintain his/her family life. As an Appointment Coordinator, my hours were noon to 9 pm with every other Sunday as a mandatory overtime day 4 pm to 8 pm. Oh and let's not forget the fact they only offer the Appointment Coordinators a hour lunch. NO real breaks; but 3 (timed) 7 minute breaks for the bathroom purposes only. No going to the break room for a drink or using your phone to check on your family.
Please do not take my review as a "soapbox rant" because these are all true accounts. Several new hires quit before ending their training claiming it was not for them.
This company prides themselves on being able to call their prospects up to 10 times a day. – less
A great place to work that affords an individual to expand their creativity. Since I manage my daily job activities.
Program Advisor (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 21, 2012
Pros: i am able to be independent
Cons: no set schedule or day i am available aat all times
Great opportunity that provides independence and creativity. I work as an Independent contractor providing education counseling. I run the an extensive territory that consist of the Dade and Monroe. My day to day. Consist of Multi tasking. B2B development meeting with department heads at local schools colleges, Hospital, Private sector corporation. – more... Interviewing prospective students, Generating lead conducting presentation of the programs to large audiences that consist of Department heads. School teacher , Director of school programs. Developing relationships. Follow up email, Attending college and school Fairs. Inservice at local nursing homes, hospitals. I enjoy meeting new people and building relations. The hardest part of the Job is the driving. – less

dustin – December 13, 2012

indiviual, manage, sounds like your someone important or high in placement in this company pretty much says so in your job description so wouldn't it be better to say its a great place to work if you have people working for you? just saying. also the double meaning in your summary is not lost on me dont be petty

The pay wasn't what they said it would be.
Recruiter (Former Employee), St. LouisDecember 3, 2011
Pros: nothing
Cons: to expensive on the salesman, and very little pay, . terrible manager
So many miles for little pay. To much time away from family. To expensive on your vehicle. All expenses were the employees obligation