The College of Health Care Professions Employee Reviews

Do not apply here
ACCOUNTING MANAGER/PAYROLL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 19, 2017
This company is a very cut throat company I do not recommend this company to anyone. Please do not send anyone to work there. Very unprofessional. Executives only for themselves.
Do not work here! Run!
Instructor/ Faculty (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2017
Degree Mill. For Profit. School is going down in flames. Most programs have lost their accreditation. Students cannot afford the outrageous tuition...so they get dropped left and right.
Pros
Great Faculty
Cons
Everything else
No true culture
Admissions Advisor (Current Employee) –  TXJune 7, 2017
Leaders focused on money and their professional security. VP is not present and not strategic, seems to be a place holder. good training but no systems in place to monitor progress and development are not used/not believed in.
Going Down Hill Fast
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 23, 2017
At one time I really enjoyed working at the HNW campus but in a short period of time "corporate" has come in and run off all the great people. The once thriving positive mood has been replaced with everyone just staying to themselves and looking for other jobs. It's not a good environment to educate students. I really wish they would see how things went from good to bad overnight.
Pros
None right now.
Cons
corporate doesn't get it at all
Student Focused Company
Externship Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 7, 2016
I have had the pleasure of being a part of this great team for nearly 5 years. Their mission is to prepare students to be successful allied health care professionals and they definitely succeed at that.
Management and Corporate are all approachable and listen to ideas and observations. Admissions and Education all work well as a team toward the success of our students.

Yes, there is always some turnover, just like any other company as not everyone is cut out to work in education. The good ones stay!

I am proud to work for such a great company!
Pros
Team Oriented/ Rewarding to see students succeed.
Cons
None in my opinion.
Minimum Support from Corporate Office
Financial Aid Director (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 18, 2015
Minimum support from Corp Office however on the campus level everyone was like family. We all wanted to see each other succeed and did everything in our powers to help each other..
it's ok
Admissions Advisor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 12, 2015
No advancement opportunity and the location is not ideal, as well as leads are few and far between, departments do not communate
Motivating, fun, and supportive work environment.
Director of Education (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 31, 2015
Everyone at the campus is dedicated to the students and staff. Motivating and fun, very high energy. Great group of people to have on your team.
Great School for Students
Financial Aid Administrator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 3, 2015
Dedicated instructors/staff. Great program choices for people interested in the medical field and reasonable registration fee and tuition.
Pros
Dedicated instructors, Staff
Cons
Not stable for long term career and no room for advancement
Horrible Place to Work, Admissions Dallas
Admissions (Former Employee) –  dallas, txMay 14, 2015
From corporate all the way down to each campus they are corrupt! Everything done, is based on personal feelings, not buisness. The corporate DOA is very messy and unprofessional, who just like to gossip. The turn over is outrageous! The company is a revolving door, and will not last long. Stay away, unless you just need a nice salary for a few months!
Pros
management, time, gossip
Cons
salary, students
fun workplace
Financial Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 6, 2015
love working with the students and staff. very challenging job. loved the new faces I interacted with on a daily basis. had to learn government policy rules every quarter as they change
worst place i have ever worked
Financial Aid (Former Employee) –  san antonioFebruary 25, 2015
This work environment was horrible. The Corporate office has their ground campus create reports vs. being provided to allow their employees complete their duties effectively. There is no policies and procedures and when you request guidance you are told to just complete as you please and then when it is not completed to their liking you are reprimanded.

Employees are more worried gossiping and creating false information. Many employees have created lies to have valuable employees fired because they are not allowed to just do as they please, even though HR has noticed the pattern those same employees remain to be employed.
High Turnover
Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 16, 2015
They have had 6 campus directors in 5 years, a few CEOs, COOs, Regional Directors and campus staff and faculty. CHCP does a great job at getting graduates work in their field but who know how long you will have your job.
Pros
CHCP does a great job at getting graduates work in their field
Cons
High turnover
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 31, 2015
I enjoyed working at CHCP for the reason that I would see all types of individuals working toward bettering their lives. It could be quite inspirational. There were some really hard working students and instructors there.
Diploma Mill
Teacher (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 18, 2015
Management entrenched, corrupt

One way communication Top Down

3 campus Presidents within 2 years
Pros
Off on Fridays
Cons
No breaks
Good company
Admissions Recruiter, Field Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 27, 2014
Worked in the online division. Great supportive teamwork environment.
Admissions Advisor Team Lead
Admissions Advisor Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Houston, TexasMay 19, 2014
• Increase annual sales by 40% while consistently exceeded monthly sales quota.
• Responsible for all phases of the student admissions process.
• Responsible for generating prospective students for enrollment in Associates and Bachelor degree programs for Health Care
• Team Lead - Business Development Division.
• Adhere to sales goals for degree programs by following standardize guidelines and procedures.
• Conduct product knowledge seminars for Admissions Team/Students
Pros
Great working enviroment
Cons
No up-to- date computer/telephone networks
Want to pass on Skills and Knowledge!
Health Payments Education Director (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 28, 2012
I have being a teacher, mentor in my blood. I work well passing on knowledge, and A/R revenue skills to others. Every staff member makes a team and we cant win being a island.
Enjoyed coaches and helping people
Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 15, 2012
I was very happy working with this college. I was pleased with the way the students were treated. This college really helped their students. They were honest with the students and worked extra hard to make sure the students were able to work in their field.

It is a Business a for profit college and the only thing is ninety days was not enough time to build an admissions team exspectuallyone that had had seven different Directors of Admissions in only eight years. I regret the college could not have given me more time. Overall it was a great place to work at and I would love to go back.

My day includung training, keeping reports, mentoring and meetings.

I was told that I create a lot of positive energy, I was firm but fair and gave a lot so that we could create the number based on the lack of inquires we had to work with.

Ninety days was just too short, I had great plans to create growth,
I wish the Owners, Managers and employees much sucess.
Pros
a great staff to work with
Cons
not given enough time to prove my abilities