The College of New Jersey Employee Reviews in United States

Good college
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Ewing, NJJune 25, 2016
I stayed too short to tell. It is small, the faculty to students ratio is high. Most professors are good and responsible.
fun experience with knowledge of college life on campus
Retail Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ewing, NJDecember 15, 2015
learn about the responsibilities of staffing over 20 student staff can be a chore daily,getting job decriptions up to par also me interacting and meeting all diffrent types of people on campus, just the part of responsilbities and being effective for the production.
Great Place to Work
Adjunct History Professor (Current Employee) –  Ewing, NJOctober 27, 2015
No complaints whatsoever. One of the best places I've ever taught, great resources and excellent student body. Would recommend to anyone.
The Best College Job
Technical Director/Lead Stage Technician (Former Employee) –  Kendall HallSeptember 16, 2015
Worked as a Stage Technician all four years. Wonderful staff of truly great people, but this cycles out with every group that graduates. Great and flexible hours due to Student classification. Work when you want it kind of deal. Boss was always considerate and understanding on school related issues. They have stopped giving yearly raises but the pay is still fair. No chance for advancement in my specific job, but was also not necessary due to the circumstances.
Pros
The People, Relaxed Environment, Competent Management
Cons
No Raises, No Chance for Advancement
It was good to start but no way to advance
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Ewing, NJSeptember 15, 2015
When I started here it was a great place for me to learn and figure out who I was as a professional. However after applying for a higher position in the department I was in I was passed over because of a lack of supervision experience...something that the department never bothered to give me
Exciting place to work.
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Ewing, NJSeptember 5, 2015
Enjoyable place to work. Encouraged a very independent job style where you're responsible for yourself. Engineering software was readily available and cherished the valuable resource of my colleagues.
Summary of institution
Academic Writing Instructor/ESL Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Ewing, NJApril 15, 2015
The job itself is most enjoyable but it is the personnel that really contribute to the positive atmosphere. Colleagues work together and aid one another on a continuum. My co-workers are supportive and always willing to help. The director of my department is consistently easy-going, diplomatic and fair.
Great School
President (Current Employee) –  TCNJJanuary 22, 2015
Lots of great clubs and teachers at the school. Lots of great classes offered and a great environment.
Very productive and fun
OPERATIONS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Ewing, NJMay 18, 2014
My co-workers all enjoy my presence including my managers. The hardest part was coming back to receive new assignments. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to adhere to policy while also being able to exercise free-will and decision making.
Pros
great attitude
Research Assistant
Research Assistant/Coauthor (Former Employee) –  Ewing, NJMarch 12, 2014
Great experience! Learned many skills such as interviewing participants, collecting data, analyzing data, and drawing conclusions from the data. Also kept records confidential and private.

Want to know more about The College of New Jersey?

Ask a question
Great
Clinical Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ewing, NJMarch 8, 2014
Very valuable experience working at The College of New Jersey. The research I was a part of was very advanced, and so I was able to learn a lot of techniques that I can now use to market myself.
Fun and friendly yet growing environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ewing, NJAugust 28, 2013
I was assigned to be a front desk office assistant in the computer science department at the College of NJ. My daily jobs consisted of answering calls and transferring them to different staff, printing, copying, faxing and filing computer science documents. I handled emails and noted key things that i would later inform the staff about. My co-workers were great. I worked alongside another student who handled the department graphic side of things but we often were required to work together to perform tasks. This job helped me with organizing and learning to think and work fast in timely situations.
Pros
great environment, helped me becoming better at organizing
Cons
not enough hours
Flexible
Library Information Technician (Former Employee) –  Ewing, NJJuly 23, 2013
I was able to work and be a student at the same time. The tasks were straight forward. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was able to do schoolwork on the job on the computers I supervised for my shift.
good job
Student Center Adminstrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ewing, NJJuly 16, 2013
cool place to work
coworkers are enjoyable to work with
flexible schedule
Pros
good enviorment
Great Experience, always felt supported, challenged to do best work but never overworked.
Student Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ewing, NJMay 6, 2013
I love the College of New Jersey. I had no idea how great of a time I would have here when I came here as a freshman. I have learned an incredible amount from my professors and they have helped me become a better student and person. I also participated in collegiate athletics as a member of the Cross Country and Track and Field Teams. I had a great time practicing and competing for the team. It was a good balance between the athletics and academics which helped me succeed in both.
A very learn able experience working place
Temp (Former Employee) –  Ewing, NJApril 23, 2013
A typical Day The College Of New Jersey is very slow in the morning towards the the evening speed up and the work get more interesting.
The evening shifts make the day go by fast cause its speeds up the day.

I Learned that: i learned how to move at a faster paste,work better with a bigger team and learn how to train people in that type of work environment.

The management was very helpful at times when i need help with a question or help if i have problem with something i don't understand.

The co-workers i worked with were very helpful and friendly, and helpful when needed.

The hardest part of the job is when you first start working is keeping up with the fast pace.

The enjoyable part is when a student know is your first day and recondmened you to your supervisor as a good worker and knowing that you did you job right with the proper training
Pros
free lunch ect
Cons
n/a
Good working envioronment
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Ewing, NJApril 20, 2013
A typical day consists of general maintance of the electrical systems of college and completing all work orders in as short as time possible.
Overall good working conditions with co-workers and management. The hardest part of the job is learning that you cant please everyone and not to take it personal.
Pros
college environment
Cons
everybody wants it yesterday
Great work environment for independent individuals.
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Ewing, NJNovember 18, 2012
Research your assigned topic with minimal supervision. Design decisions and direction of the project is on your shoulders! Any parts that need to be manufactured are also your responsibility. Be passionate about the subject matter and you should excel.
Helping educators to help students find their field
Training and Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ewing, NJOctober 23, 2012
New Jersey educators loved this program so much we were oftn asked to conduct train the teacher workshops. An excellent program, so sorry it not still running.
Pros
helping educators to help students find their field
Cons
funding ran out
Good Work and a Great Community
Library Manager (Former Employee) –  Ewing, NJSeptember 12, 2012
I started out as a library assistant, shelving books and checking things out for students. But after years of working there I got what I deserved, a promotion to manager and a raise. This goes to show the kind of environment this was. It was meaningful work, helping people advance in school and taking care of TCNJ's great library.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The College of New Jersey. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5