The College of New Jersey

The College of New Jersey Employer Reviews

Research Assistant
Research Assistant/Coauthor (Former Employee), Ewing, NJMarch 12, 2014
Great experience! Learned many skills such as interviewing participants, collecting data, analyzing data, and drawing conclusions from the data. Also kept records confidential and private.
Great
Clinical Research Assistant (Former Employee), Ewing, NJMarch 8, 2014
Very valuable experience working at The College of New Jersey. The research I was a part of was very advanced, and so I was able to learn a lot of techniques that I can now use to market myself.
Fun and friendly yet growing environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Ewing, NJAugust 28, 2013
Pros: great environment, helped me becoming better at organizing
Cons: not enough hours
I was assigned to be a front desk office assistant in the computer science department at the College of NJ. My daily jobs consisted of answering calls and transferring them to different staff, printing, copying, faxing and filing computer science documents. I handled emails and noted key things that i would later inform the staff about. My co-workers – more... were great. I worked alongside another student who handled the department graphic side of things but we often were required to work together to perform tasks. This job helped me with organizing and learning to think and work fast in timely situations. – less
Flexible
Library Information Technician (Former Employee), Ewing, NJJuly 23, 2013
I was able to work and be a student at the same time. The tasks were straight forward. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was able to do schoolwork on the job on the computers I supervised for my shift.
good job
Student Center Adminstrative Assistant (Former Employee), Ewing, NJJuly 16, 2013
Pros: good enviorment
cool place to work
coworkers are enjoyable to work with
flexible schedule
Great Experience, always felt supported, challenged to do best work but never overworked.
Student Research Assistant (Former Employee), Ewing, NJMay 6, 2013
I love the College of New Jersey. I had no idea how great of a time I would have here when I came here as a freshman. I have learned an incredible amount from my professors and they have helped me become a better student and person. I also participated in collegiate athletics as a member of the Cross Country and Track and Field Teams. I had a great – more... time practicing and competing for the team. It was a good balance between the athletics and academics which helped me succeed in both. – less
A very learn able experience working place
Temp (Former Employee), Ewing, NJApril 23, 2013
Pros: free lunch ect
Cons: n/a
A typical Day The College Of New Jersey is very slow in the morning towards the the evening speed up and the work get more interesting.
The evening shifts make the day go by fast cause its speeds up the day.

I Learned that: i learned how to move at a faster paste,work better with a bigger team and learn how to train people in that type of work environment.

The – more... management was very helpful at times when i need help with a question or help if i have problem with something i don't understand.

The co-workers i worked with were very helpful and friendly, and helpful when needed.

The hardest part of the job is when you first start working is keeping up with the fast pace.

The enjoyable part is when a student know is your first day and recondmened you to your supervisor as a good worker and knowing that you did you job right with the proper training – less
Good working envioronment
Electrician (Current Employee), Ewing, NJApril 20, 2013
Pros: college environment
Cons: everybody wants it yesterday
A typical day consists of general maintance of the electrical systems of college and completing all work orders in as short as time possible.
Overall good working conditions with co-workers and management. The hardest part of the job is learning that you cant please everyone and not to take it personal.
Great work environment for independent individuals.
Researcher (Former Employee), Ewing, NJNovember 18, 2012
Research your assigned topic with minimal supervision. Design decisions and direction of the project is on your shoulders! Any parts that need to be manufactured are also your responsibility. Be passionate about the subject matter and you should excel.
Helping educators to help students find their field
Training and Consultant (Former Employee), Ewing, NJOctober 23, 2012
Pros: helping educators to help students find their field
Cons: funding ran out
New Jersey educators loved this program so much we were oftn asked to conduct train the teacher workshops. An excellent program, so sorry it not still running.
Good Work and a Great Community
Library Manager (Former Employee), Ewing, NJSeptember 12, 2012
I started out as a library assistant, shelving books and checking things out for students. But after years of working there I got what I deserved, a promotion to manager and a raise. This goes to show the kind of environment this was. It was meaningful work, helping people advance in school and taking care of TCNJ's great library.
Great College Experience
Office Assistant, EOF (Former Employee), Ewing, NJMarch 20, 2012
Pros: friendly students and staff /fun activites
Cons: not enough fun activities!
Loved my professors and overall college experience. School is really focused on helping you advance after college and providing you with the tools you need to succeed. Overall, I am grateful for the experience I had and I learned a lot and made great friends in the end.