The College of New Rochelle Employee Reviews in United States

A great and enjoyable invironment.
Coordinator/Supervisor Safety/Security (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYNovember 12, 2015
This was not just a job, it was an experience that afforded new and welcomed challenges each day. Unfortunate, due to downsizing, my position was no longer available and I was (regrettably) let go. I now find myself in need of immediate employment and I am willing to take just about any position.
Fun and extremely enjoyable
Computer Lab Assistant/ Information System Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYOctober 15, 2015
I was able to take care of something I found enjoyable and so I was content. Helping and interacting with people helped me grow and develop. I had a very nice supervisor.
Pros
Could do my school work, had time to eat, sufficient breaks
Cons
customers with bad attitudes, people who did not follow the rules
Enrollment Operations
Associate Director of Enrollment (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYOctober 13, 2015
major reorganization caused questionable rational about selection of "excess positions" for past two years.

Problem using data based decisions due to past experience of senior management.
Pros
lovely campus
Cons
low salary levels, little recognition of lower level employees
Productive Work environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYMay 23, 2015
- Answered incoming phone calls and politely greeted any guests to the college.
- I learned communicative, organizational, and clerical skills
- Management was organized
-Co- Workers had a great relationship
- The hardest part of the day consisted of working long hours with short breaks.
-The most enjoyable part was meeting new people and helping any guests with directions.
Pros
Able to take other employees shifts, great environment
Cons
Short breaks, low pay
A place of strategic growth and leadership development.
Assistant Director of Alumni Relations (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYMarch 30, 2015
Great team environment, I learned to take risks and be flexible. Due to the nature of the work, there was never a typical day. Management was supportive in guiding you to achieve your goals. If I wasn't organized that would have made the job very difficult. However, the most enjoyable part was the collaboration across the community.
Home away from Home
Administrative Assistant, Financial Aid (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn NyOctober 30, 2014
Working for this job was my home away from home. The people felt like my family and it was a nurturing experience to work through.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
no advancement
Decent work enviornment
Graduate Clinical Researcher (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYSeptember 10, 2014
Reasonable work environment with room to grow within your career, within the scope of geriatrics. Difficulty gaining recognition when due. Administratively the work environment needs improvement.
Was a great place to work in years gone by.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT TO CAMPUS DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYJuly 24, 2014
The overall morale has declined a great deal due to poor financial management and changes that turned out to be detrimental rather than improvements. The overall quality of the workplace has declined, as has the quality of education provided to the students.
Fast-paced, high-energy, productive workplace.
ASSISTANT BURSAR (Current Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYJuly 22, 2014
Working here taught me to learn as much as I can, in order to be as helpful as I can. Knowing how to get from point A-D is important when trying to keep a student-centered office.

The change of computer systems was also a challenge. Being it's a "home-grown" system, there were many glitches to be worked out.(still working some of those glitches out)

Communication is KEY in any organization. Having open channels, where the information is getting to the point-person is essential.
Pros
freindly co-workers, flexible schedules (at times)
Cons
compensation, communication.
Fun work place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYJune 5, 2014
Answering phones and signing guests into the residence halls of the college. I learned a lot about having patience with certain people and keeping my work space organized. There is not a lot of interaction with co-workers or management unless there are questions to be asked or answered. The most difficult part of the job would be keeping track of who is in the building on busy weekends and explaining to a guest that they are not allowed into the building when they fail to present identification. Being that I attended the college I knew most of the people in the buildings, there were times it did not feel like work at all.
Pros
independant, easy going, simple job
Cons
no real breaks, minimum wage
Expanding provides oportunity for growth.
Exam Proctor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 26, 2014
The College of New Rochelle is the place to go if one desires to obtain an post secondary education. The professors work in their field of expertise which provides the students with the latest and most up to date information for the work force. This is a comfortable and friendly atmosphere to work in.
Pros
great benifits
The art student's dream work-study job.
Art Department Secretary (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYFebruary 19, 2014
This experience was an Art Department work study job at the first college I attended. I never had an issue with any of the tasks or demands presented to me. In nature, the job was very laid back but rewarding for the soul.

On a typical day, I would fetch mail for the Art Department faculty, creating signs for visiting artist lectures or student exhibits, organizing art work for display in the hallways, assisting with installation of art work in 3D spaces, assembling or installing shelves, or sorting slides the professors used for their classes.

I would often be in the office alone with my music. If all professors were holding class, I would be their ambassador for visitors, students, and other faculty looking to book appointments with whomever.

The hardest part of the job was being in the middle of professor-politics. Some tasks would often be argued as more important than another professor's tasks. I was always able to modify my list of priorities, so it was a quickly resolved issue.

Due to the many tasks that involved leaving the office, I loved the amount of fresh air I encountered. My favorite part of the job, though, was sorting slides in the slide library. This was always beneficial because I often handled slides from my own classes and therefore found extra and unintentional study time.
Pros
flexible hours, art-based, total autonomy
Cons
politics, tiny offices
Upbeat environment, supportive staff
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 31, 2013
A day working at this facility was typically spent doing office tasks such as; filing, copying, faxing, and other office duties that may arise. I learned to be patient and efficient when working with all customers. Management and co-workers were very supportive in all aspects. I have built lifetime professional relationships at this company. The hardest part of the job was leaving when my position ended. The most enjoyable part of the job was at the end of the day knowing that I had helped several people including customers and staff to complete a duty or task. Very satisfying job.
Work Study Program!
Financial Aid Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 22, 2013
I was responsible for assisting students with their financial aid applications.

I had a very kind and patient employer.
Never a dull moment
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 18, 2013
I loved teaching the adults that I taught. They were hard-working and interesting. Yet, they knew very little about writing. It was exciting to see how much they needed to progress and to make them do it.
Pros
the students
Cons
the $
productive and learning environment
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 30, 2013
works in an office and takes care of administrative duties such as answering the phone, running errands for a supervisor and other similar activities. Helps to keep the everyday activities organized. H must also make sure that all appointments are kept and meetings are scheduled appropriately. It is up to the receptionist to make sure that everything in the office is running smoothly.
Pros
work study student
Cons
n/a
Flexible schedule, administration, safety
Math Instructor (Current Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYJanuary 9, 2013
The work schedule is fexible and class period allows students to concentrate better in class. The staff members are very friendly,and the administration keep us informed about the academic calender as well on the campus policy.
The mathematics department chair person is always available. He still giving me recommendations to serve the best my students and he is encouraging me in my teaching style.
The most difficult part in this campus is that some students are usually absent for two to three consecutive days. You are forced to review all the time.I spended a lot of time in class or after to go over these type of students the lecture they have missed.
If there is a tutor who can help these students before the next class it would be a good thing.
The class size is allowed me to check on all students work and giv e them feedback as soon possible.
Pros
upgrade the library and break room, replace the chalk being used now.
Cons
allow direct deposit payment, hire full time math professors
Okay Job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYJanuary 5, 2013
A typical day consisted of signing in, and sitting at the desk waiting for the phone to ring or for guest to arrive.
Cons
not enough hours, no room for advancement
Leadership profile
Adjunct Professor History and Humanities (Current Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYNovember 5, 2012
The College of New Rochelle enrolls nearly 4,500 students on six campuses across the Greater New York City area. Our academic programs offered in four schools -- the School of Arts & Sciences (for women), School of New Resources (for adults), School of Nursing, and Graduate School -- are distinguished not only by the strength of our curriculum, but the caliber of faculty who choose to teach at CNR. Our faculty are widely recognized as professionals in their field of study.

Learning at CNR stems beyond an academic degree to the person as a whole. Founded in 1904 as the first Catholic college for women in New York State, we remain true to our Ursuline tradition and heritage to educate the whole person and to prepare them for lives as leaders and contributors in our global society.
interesting job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYOctober 13, 2012
learned great communication skills. also learned receptionist skills