The College of New Rochelle Employee Reviews

backstabbing management- ungrateful- liars- thieves and cheaters
General Services smuck (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYApril 15, 2017
I wouldn't want to be quoted as being negative about such a fine institution.
There are some great and friendly- good and nice people.
Seems like too many people think they are in charge of the world...
From " Hymans to Hijabs" lecture was very enlightening and just plain sick.
Financial difficulties? How about fraud, larceny and incompetence?
Pros
some departments- like working in the zoo- fun and crazy
Cons
working with liars and backstabbers can be difficult
Working at a College
Part-Time Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYApril 7, 2017
I am very grateful for the support and encouragement that I have received from the organization . The people that are employed there are like family .
Pros
Great Support
Cons
Low Wages
Bursar Office
Bursar Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYFebruary 28, 2017
This is a great job for a work study student especially someone who is majoring in business. This job allows the student to get a feel of what atmosphere they would like to work in later in the future.
Great school with great staffs
Student Mentor (Current Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYFebruary 21, 2017
The school has excellent staffs with great discipline. It has taught me discipline and leadership in all ramification. It was taught me to be a good role model
very productive and informitive place to work.
Library Assistant/Clerical Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 23, 2017
I was a intern while earning my degree and took on the as a library assistant staff and students where very respectful and we learned many different things from one another.
Okay
Student Leadership (Current Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYJanuary 4, 2017
I am a student and there are many opportunities to perform as a student volunteer at this school. Its expands the horizons quite a lot
Working as a Career Services Intern for the College of New Rochelle was an rewarding experience
Career Counselor Intern (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYNovember 2, 2016
Having the opportunity to do my graduate internship at the College of New Rochelle. Allowed me to develop my counseling skills with the young and working adult population at the Office of Career Services,which helped to demonstrate what counseling skills I have obtained from classroom in addition to previous employment and past internship which were also related to counseling type jobs. All of these skills and experience became an extension in addition to the graduate internship I worked at the Office of Career Services to further my career in wanting to service and counsel general and special populations in obtaining future employment.
Pros
Increased exposure to utilizing my counseling skills on college students on campus.
Cons
Furthering more of my office career skills while doing my graduate internship.
Decent but needs better managing
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 7, 2016
Worked during my time as a student here as workstudy. Would recommend for those looking to earn money while attending classes at a college. However needs better management
Fun place to work
Sports Manager (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYMay 15, 2016
We have a fun staff its a fun school and working together with your peers to make the place a little fun and be able to provide help to those who need it.
A great and enjoyable invironment.
Coordinator/Supervisor Safety/Security (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYNovember 12, 2015
This was not just a job, it was an experience that afforded new and welcomed challenges each day. Unfortunate, due to downsizing, my position was no longer available and I was (regrettably) let go. I now find myself in need of immediate employment and I am willing to take just about any position.
Fun and extremely enjoyable
Computer Lab Assistant/ Information System Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYOctober 15, 2015
I was able to take care of something I found enjoyable and so I was content. Helping and interacting with people helped me grow and develop. I had a very nice supervisor.
Pros
Could do my school work, had time to eat, sufficient breaks
Cons
customers with bad attitudes, people who did not follow the rules
Enrollment Operations
Associate Director of Enrollment (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYOctober 13, 2015
major reorganization caused questionable rational about selection of "excess positions" for past two years.

Problem using data based decisions due to past experience of senior management.
Pros
lovely campus
Cons
low salary levels, little recognition of lower level employees
Productive Work environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYMay 23, 2015
- Answered incoming phone calls and politely greeted any guests to the college.
- I learned communicative, organizational, and clerical skills
- Management was organized
-Co- Workers had a great relationship
- The hardest part of the day consisted of working long hours with short breaks.
-The most enjoyable part was meeting new people and helping any guests with directions.
Pros
Able to take other employees shifts, great environment
Cons
Short breaks, low pay
A place of strategic growth and leadership development.
Assistant Director of Alumni Relations (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYMarch 30, 2015
Great team environment, I learned to take risks and be flexible. Due to the nature of the work, there was never a typical day. Management was supportive in guiding you to achieve your goals. If I wasn't organized that would have made the job very difficult. However, the most enjoyable part was the collaboration across the community.
Home away from Home
Administrative Assistant, Financial Aid (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn NyOctober 30, 2014
Working for this job was my home away from home. The people felt like my family and it was a nurturing experience to work through.
Pros
Great Co-Workers
Cons
no advancement
Decent work enviornment
Graduate Clinical Researcher (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYSeptember 10, 2014
Reasonable work environment with room to grow within your career, within the scope of geriatrics. Difficulty gaining recognition when due. Administratively the work environment needs improvement.
Was a great place to work in years gone by.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT TO CAMPUS DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYJuly 24, 2014
The overall morale has declined a great deal due to poor financial management and changes that turned out to be detrimental rather than improvements. The overall quality of the workplace has declined, as has the quality of education provided to the students.
Fast-paced, high-energy, productive workplace.
ASSISTANT BURSAR (Current Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYJuly 22, 2014
Working here taught me to learn as much as I can, in order to be as helpful as I can. Knowing how to get from point A-D is important when trying to keep a student-centered office.

The change of computer systems was also a challenge. Being it's a "home-grown" system, there were many glitches to be worked out.(still working some of those glitches out)

Communication is KEY in any organization. Having open channels, where the information is getting to the point-person is essential.
Pros
Freindly co-workers, flexible schedules (at times)
Cons
Compensation, Communication.
Fun work place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYJune 5, 2014
Answering phones and signing guests into the residence halls of the college. I learned a lot about having patience with certain people and keeping my work space organized. There is not a lot of interaction with co-workers or management unless there are questions to be asked or answered. The most difficult part of the job would be keeping track of who is in the building on busy weekends and explaining to a guest that they are not allowed into the building when they fail to present identification. Being that I attended the college I knew most of the people in the buildings, there were times it did not feel like work at all.
Pros
independant, easy going, simple job
Cons
no real breaks, minimum wage
Expanding provides oportunity for growth.
Exam Proctor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 26, 2014
The College of New Rochelle is the place to go if one desires to obtain an post secondary education. The professors work in their field of expertise which provides the students with the latest and most up to date information for the work force. This is a comfortable and friendly atmosphere to work in.
Pros
Great benifits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The College of New Rochelle. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2