The College of Saint Rose Employee Reviews

Mixed experience...
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 27, 2017
Great benefits, opportunities for learning and developing skills. Overall student body a plus. Individual departments vary in terms of culture and work environment.
Adjunct Professor
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 16, 2017
For almost ten years, I taught as an adjunct professor at the College of St. Rose. I enjoyed the work and the students and would have continued doing it if they kept me. Because of fiscal issues, I lost my class.
Relaxed environment and fun people to work with
Summer Days Program (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 19, 2017
I was a one-on-one with a wonderful girl and I helped her with social skills and activities. Hours were lax and I enjoyed working there. The hardest part of the job was trying to figure out the child's needs, but I was able to get the hang of it with help from others that had worked with the child before
Used to be good
Advancement Records Specialist (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 2, 2017
Struggling organization
Top heavy management-wise
"too many chiefs and not enough Indians"
No advancement opportunities
large turnover of staff
No-Vote of confidence from faculty - twice
cut back on Alumni events
Pros
Office in a house
Cons
no raise in four years
Excited to start
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 14, 2017
Haven't started yet, I start in the fall of this year. Super excited to start this opportunity that I have been waiting all summer for. New year new students.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Less party time
Productive and interesting workplace.
Overnight Host (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 21, 2017
I got the chance to show prospective students around campus. I took them to my classes, in which some professors made them participate, and I took them to meals in the main dining hall.
Amazing place to study
Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 22, 2017
The College of Saint Rose is an awesome place to work because of the heavy involvement of everyone that works within the college and also outside the college as well. I have worked very closely with graduate students and PH.D professors that provide extensive knowledge to get an competitive end on the job market.
Stage Crew for College concerts
Stage Crew Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 6, 2017
Nothing much to say here. Students only job, we setup and breakdown curtains, risers and stage extensions for college concerts. We also work backstage and usher for the concerts.
Fun Place
Technology Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 13, 2017
The place was a great place however the compensation wasn't enough. Also the manager always complained that I do too much. Being the senior person after a while I had no choice to do all I can to make sure all were up and running.
Pros
MY technical Skills
Cons
My Manager
Excellent
Student (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 7, 2017
I received an incredible education from The College of Saint Rose. Everyone I worked with there, both students and staff, have geared me to be in the position I am in today.
Pros
Phenomenal Teachers
Cons
N/a
Saint Rose Counselor
COUNSELOR IN TRAINING (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 16, 2016
The students and staff were all very nice and fun to be around. I was only a counselor in training so I didn't do any of the hard work but it was an overall great experience!
Fun place to work
Athletics Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 12, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was having the opportunity to interact with athletes and use my photography ability at sporting events. Working with my supervisor was very helpful to me.
Pros
Free access to events
Cons
Hours available
An excellent place to work
Fire Safety Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 15, 2015
On a typical day I would be involved in building inspection for any new construction projects, providing direction to the technical staff on testing and maintenance of life safety equipment or meeting with either City or State officials on code compliance issues.
Custodial Manager
Custodial Manager (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 12, 2015
Manger staff and provide custodial services to students and faculty. There are 49 unions staff as well 3 supervisors and 1 manager in Custodial Facilities.
Friendly staff and interactive learning
Summer Assistant in the Office of Student Affairs (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 27, 2015
Typical office tasks: answering phone, organizing supplies and closets, interacting with various bosses, creating bulletin board designs, creating and proofreading documents.
Housekeeping
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 1, 2014
Housekeeping at the college of Saint Rose was pretty busy the campus had over two hundred dorms and classrooms. My job was to maintain the cleanliness of areas assigned to me. The staff was easy to work with. The most difficult part of the job was nothing and the most enjoyable part of the job was me utilizing the wax machine and the buffer.
Great !
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 5, 2014
The supervisor is very polite and is easily approachable. The tasks aren't complicated and the supervisor makes sure that you don't have a lot on your plate.
A great learning opportunity
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 3, 2014
St. Rose provided me with a wonderful knowledge basis. I learned a lot about biochemistry, chemistry, biology, and physics. My professors were very helpful and gave me great guidance. I also found a tight-knit group of friends.
I learned a lot about omputer modeling in my undergraduate research. I also became competent in writing and running perl script. I mostly worked independently, but also discussed results with my project advisor. Since I had to learn new programs and a language, it took a long time to gather results from this project.
Productive with great atmosphere
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  albany, nyMarch 17, 2014
I performed administrative and office duties such as answering telephone calls and transferring to appropriate supervisors, receiving and directing visitors, general clerical duties like copying/filing, faxing, word processing, collecting mail, maintaining staff schedules and appointments, organized offices and created a warm and inviting environment. I have worked within this position throughout my four years of college. I have gained the administrative experience and have proven to be completely trustworthy, making it easier for the supervisors if they needed to step out, for meetings or other things that may have come up, to handle the building on my own.
Multimedia Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 27, 2014
Excellent workplace with great coworkers. The benefits are comprehensive and the retirement plan is wonderful.