The College of St. Scholastica Employee Reviews in United States

Good place to go to School and work
Software developer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNNovember 21, 2014
Job was eliminated after 35 years due to budget cuts, so my rating on Management and Job Security is a little low.
Was able to take classes and training on new systems and I learned a lot about the ERP system
Pros
able to have training and conferences to learn about the systems.
Cons
last few years budget cuts made management not the best.
A Day in the Life of a Graduate Nursing Coordinator
Graduate Nursing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNMarch 21, 2014
In a typical day, I receive and answer up to 100 e-mails, keep students on track so they graduate on time, collect information for grant reporting, and manage databases. The hardest part of this job is not being allowed to telecommute. I help arrange clinical settings for students doing their practicum work. The most enjoyable part of the job is that this is an online Graduate Nursing program and my correspondence with students and faculty is mostly online and not face to face.
Pros
online work
Cons
no telecommuting opportunities
Awesome Place to work
Offensive Line Coach (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNFebruary 7, 2015
Great benefits. Good people to work for. Friendly environment. Best work place Ive worked. This company is growing fast. The CSS brand is booming.
Pros
sisters
Cons
landlockes
Consist Work Study Job
SSS Tutor (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNMarch 16, 2014
I did typical office work: copying, filing, scanning, entering data into spreadsheets, bulletin boards, mailing, and many other things. It's a fun job. I have time to do my homework, they understand that school comes first.
Good Culture
Intramural Referee (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNFebruary 18, 2013
Fun place to work and pretty easy work
Fun environment to work in
Fun atmosphere with lots of alumni on the staff.
Admissions Counselor - Multicultural Recruitment (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MN/St. Paul, MNMay 23, 2013
The nice thing about the job was that there weren't too many "typical" work days. On average, most of our days were spent connecting with prospective students and families through phone or email. If we weren't in the office doing those things, we were on the road and a college fair or a conference.

The management, especially in the department where I worked, was great. They really allowed us to explore new and creative ways to do our jobs. However, the down side to that is that they weren't always accepted. The trouble with being a young professional in a place with older, veteran professionals, is that change isn't always welcomed.

My co-workers, however, were always supportive. That can be said of people in other departments as well. The culture of the college is always that community and hospitality.

The hardest part about being an admissions counselor was dealing with unhappy students and families. Or dealing with students who always failed to get their paperwork in and then made a scene over why they hadn't heard back from us.

They best part was doing everything you could to make a student's dreams of attending your college come true. There was nothing else like it.

4.4