The College of St. Scholastica

The College of St. Scholastica Employer Reviews

Consist Work Study Job
SSS Tutor (Current Employee), Duluth, MNMarch 16, 2014
I did typical office work: copying, filing, scanning, entering data into spreadsheets, bulletin boards, mailing, and many other things. It's a fun job. I have time to do my homework, they understand that school comes first.
Fun atmosphere with lots of alumni on the staff.
Admissions Counselor - Multicultural Recruitment (Current Employee), Duluth, MN/St. Paul, MNMay 23, 2013
The nice thing about the job was that there weren't too many "typical" work days. On average, most of our days were spent connecting with prospective students and families through phone or email. If we weren't in the office doing those things, we were on the road and a college fair or a conference.

The management, especially in the department where – more... I worked, was great. They really allowed us to explore new and creative ways to do our jobs. However, the down side to that is that they weren't always accepted. The trouble with being a young professional in a place with older, veteran professionals, is that change isn't always welcomed.

My co-workers, however, were always supportive. That can be said of people in other departments as well. The culture of the college is always that community and hospitality.

The hardest part about being an admissions counselor was dealing with unhappy students and families. Or dealing with students who always failed to get their paperwork in and then made a scene over why they hadn't heard back from us.

They best part was doing everything you could to make a student's dreams of attending your college come true. There was nothing else like it. – less
Good Culture
Intramural Referee (Former Employee), Duluth, MNFebruary 18, 2013
Fun place to work and pretty easy work
Fun environment to work in