The Collier Companies Employee Reviews

this is a great place to work if you can remove the politics.
Regional Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 22, 2017
There are many great things offered by the Collier Companies. But like any organization or group there are influintial people in all positions. This can be a good or a bad thing depending on who ends up liking you, who does not, and who feels threatend by you. Always keep your guard up because as soon as you let it down.....
Pros
The people
Cons
The people and turn.
Company expanding faster than it can keep up.
Customer Service Specialist, Dec (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 13, 2017
Company is expanding very fast and it is leaving behind its older properties and team members. Culture has dramatically changed as profit seems to be the main motivation to most decisions. Great 401K and health benefits with plenty of opportunities to further expand your education on the maintenance and office level.
enjoyable place to work
Maintenance Technician II (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 1, 2017
working here is different from what I did in the past, so far the company is nice, I have no complaints, its just hard to balance life when being on call especially if you have a family with young children, advancement seems a little hard when you work and they want to train you but there is no room for training so you're stuck doing the same thing, I don't want to spend 5 to 6 years as a tech before being considered for A service Manager because lack of on the job traning
Continuing education and room to move up! Truly care about their employees!
Assistant Property Manager/Leasing Manager (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 21, 2017
Continuing education and room to move up! Truly care about their employees! I've learned so much through my short time in the company. They have given hope to my passion of the housing industry!
Worst Company to work for ever
Maintenance Technician 1 (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLDecember 22, 2016
Terrible place to work dictatorship would be a compliment. This company promotes unequal opportunity what ever the owner rants about is your daily expectation of life
Pros
Getting Fired
Cons
you start believing there bs
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 4, 2016
very organized and willing to promote within the company. Managers and programs to improve employees growth and knowledge of the industry.
Political based company
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLOctober 19, 2016
This company is straight political and offers nothing beneficial for the standard employee. If not in the circle of things, you'll have a terrible time here. The term Shi* rolls down hill is very abundant here. Very unorganized company and has unrealistic expectations. More or less a dictatorship. Would not recommend working here.
Great place to learn about sales.
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 25, 2015
I was a leasing consultant. I would develop leads to prospects and then present prospects with apartments that would meet their needs. Learned a lot about sales and identifying customer needs.
Pros
Great co-workers.
Cons
Compensation could have been higher.
Productive and challenging workplace with a large team and property
Assistant Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 4, 2015
Working at a large by the bedroom property has taught me several things and has provided me with the necessary experience to excel in the Property Management Industry. I manage a team of 21 and a property that has 1,296 beds and 348 front doors. Managing a property of this size has allowed to me to peak in my customer service abilities as with many residents, come with several inquires and conversations.

I adore my team and the things they are capable of. My team allows my property to reach its highest potential and occupancy.
Inner circle politics!
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FloridaOctober 5, 2014
If you aren't part of the inner circle don't count on ever receiving any type of promotion even if you are the most qualified candidate.
Pros
Ample training opportunities.
Cons
Inner circle politics.
I love coming to work
Technical Architect (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 3, 2014
I work at the headquarters and really I enjoy coming into work each day. The atmosphere is very upbeat, and positive and everyone is easy to get along with.

Since this is a growing company always looking to improve, there are a lot of opportunities to grow your career.
Pros
Upbeat atmosphere, opportunities to grow, best 401k plan ever
Cons
Only 10 days off your first year
Very productive workplace
Service Technician III (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 17, 2014
Its a different workload everyday, No organization whatsoever
Not recommended
Regional Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 19, 2013
Not recommended- speaks of a great culture but does not come through. Heavy politics and very little decision making.
Technician III
Service Tech III (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 29, 2013
Did mostly grounds keeping but enough technician training also. I learned alot maintenance and gardening stuff, considering the fact that i didnt know anything about fixing stuff, before i worked for the company. Management was fair. Some co-workers was awesome. Their wasnt anything hard about this job. The most enjoyable part of this job was enjoying the days with my co-workers and residents.
Enjoyable Environment, Growth possibilities
Senior Leasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 24, 2013
PROS:
Provided plenty of training.
Many opportunities for growth.
Management is helpful.
Apartment discounts.
Smaller company with a family atmosphere.

CONS:
Pay is considerably lower than comparable jobs.
Pros
discounts, growth
Cons
pay
Great Place to grow
VICE PRESIDENT STRATEGIC INITIATIVES (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLNovember 19, 2012
The Collier Companies is truly a great company to work for. I owe them a lot.
Great work environment
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLApril 19, 2012
Great place to work while I was in school, good benefits, friendly and helpful management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Collier Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

The Collier Companies Reviews by Location