Summary of Position:
The Commons at Dallas Ranch, a WESTliving managed community is searching for a Business Office Manager. The Business Office Manager (BOM) will perform accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger, and payroll functions. The BOM will also serve as the designated contact for Human Resources and will work closely with the community’s point of contact. The BOM is responsible for providing customer service to residents, families, and guests of the community and promote a positive, professional community image that mirrors the WESTliving Mission, Vision and Values. This is an exempt position and reports to the General Manager.
Specific job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform all duties associated with the processing of Accounts Receivable.
- Perform all duties associated with the processing of Accounts Payable.
- Performing data entry in the completion of General Ledger entries.
- Perform all duties associated with the processing of employee payroll.
- Perform all duties associated with the reconciliation of bank accounts.
- Perform all other accounting and related duties as needed.
- Represent the community in receiving residents, staff and the public in a positive, helpful and caring manner.
- Understand and demonstrate community mission and philosophy.
- Direct front desk personnel to provide clerical support to all departments in a timely and organized manner.
- Maintain strict confidentiality in all matters dealing with personnel, resident information, or management issues.
- Ensure that work area is clean, safe, and orderly.
- Complete and process Team Member Action Forms.
- Process Time Off Request forms and forward to Payroll.
- Miscellaneous data entry into ADP HRB.
- Community contact for Workers’ Compensation.
- Provide marketing support to Marketing Director.
- Assist in providing tours for prospective residents, respond to inquiry calls, participate in special marketing events and community relations projects, when requested.
- Attend and participate in training in-services, and staff meetings, as requested.
- Perform related duties as requested.
- Must be able to read written direction, comprehend verbal instructions, and write at a level necessary to accomplish this job.
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance.
- Must be capable of performing the Essential Functions of this job.
- Must be able to type 40 wpm and have related experience at a level necessary to
- accomplish this job.
- Experience with Excel and MS Word preferred.
- Bookkeeping or accounting background preferred.
- Will have criminal record clearance prior to presence in the facility.
- Health screening and TB test results will not be older than 6 months or will be received within 7 days of employment.
- Knowledge of ADP HRB and Timekeeping Systems preferred.
- Sitting for extended periods of time, walking, reaching, and bending.
- Occasional pushing of file carts and lifting (15-25 lbs.) cases of office supplies.
- Fine hand coordination and visual and auditory acuity within normal limits.
- Ability to read, write and communicate with residents, staff, and visitors.
Indeed - 14 months ago