The Community Builders Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Not a good idea.....
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJAugust 29, 2017
I had a poor time with this organization. No support from corporate management, the local manager was a backstabber, she spent most days on her cell phone and all her family were living on the property.
Too much work for one person.
May be ok in other states but in New Jersey, it sucked.
Pros
I'm no longer there....
Cons
Time does not permit.
was a very demanding place to work
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 21, 2017
a typical day was to check all areas of development ie: trash pick-up, then consult with office as to the work orders that were to be completed, which could include anything from plumbing, electrical to basic clean up.
Great Mission
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 14, 2017
The Community Builders is good company with a great mission. They develop impoverished communities and include the community members in the planning and provide upscale affordable housing to those who may not "normally" be able to afford it.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
No Cons
Work is very fast paced. There is not much time for relaxation or socialization.
Certified Resident Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Providence and Cranston RIAugust 8, 2017
The company is a very good company to work for at this time. I am currently looking for part time work (3 days a week Monday through Friday) and if needed I can work a Saturday. I worked for this company full time 40 hours a week and was present at two elderly senior sites every week. I also assist the corporate office in any of my knowledge and experience.
Pros
We are not allowed anything for free. The company is very strict.
Cons
Raises or bonuses based on performance or higher competitive salary.
Productive and Enjoyable Experience
Senior Tenant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dorchester, MAJuly 31, 2017
At this position, I have the most gratifying experience working with a variety of people at different professional level such as administrators, contractors, workers and the clients. I had to develop a systematic method of communication among each group. Maintain daily and period data, answer and solve issues pertaining the daily task. Provide support to vulnerable clients (relocating) who felt disoriented by the development of the project. this job required 50 percent office work and 50 percent out site work reinforcing safety and compliance of established policies.
Pros
Professional Growth
Ok culture
Project Assistant for OH, IN and KY (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 11, 2017
Not a good company for advancement, the culture is ok. Very busy company, came into to company running. Not enough training provided, but a lot is expected!
long and busy days.lot of emergcy
Service Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 25, 2017
A lot off building and ground issues .lot of energy having to deal with , on going issue on resolved with little to no supplies or staff to help with daily work orders .
Cons
parking permit
Horrible work environment. Very hostile.
Resident Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 16, 2017
TCB IS THE WORST COMPANY TO WORK FOR!!!!

Management has no idea what they are doing. Corporate does not respect the employees. This company has the highest turnover rate. It is impossible for them to keep employees over a long period of time. It is also very racist here.
Pros
there are none
Cons
short lunch, vacation is always denied
donnt have any
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsMay 11, 2017
I don't want to give any comment, it was a stressful job, a lot of pressure from my manager and supervisor.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Community Builders
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 11, 2017
This is a very busy place to work, and requires a heavy attention to detail. The requirements of meetings after office hours make it extremely difficult to balance your personal life. This position requires approximately 65 hours a week to remain efficient in the position.
Pros
Good Company
Cons
Too many hours and multiple after hours meetings
My Review
Management (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJMarch 17, 2017
N/A no longer associated with this company after my supervisor left the company the things changed dramatically. The company changed, policies changed, not the company that I started with.
Incompetent Management and Hostile Work Enviorment
Development Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 16, 2017
I worked at TCB for 2 hellish years and in all my working life I never saw such incompetence and scapegoating as I saw from TCB management and the leadership team. High turnover rate of employees who are initially attracted by TCB's mission statement but soon find themselves overworked in an incredibly oppressive work environment. Things were so bad financially that we were forced to take unpaid furlough! I went thru three CFO's during my time there. They tried to turn things around but were faced by under miners on the leadership team. Favoritism abounds and there is nothing merit based in regards to compensation and promotions.

Outside of the great South End/Back Bay location TCB sucks!

Do yourself a favor stay away!
Pros
Cons
Hostile Enviorement, Incompetent Management
Poor Management, Terrible hiring practices, No one has any training.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60653February 21, 2017
I saw more laws being broken there and more slackers getting high on the job than anywhere else I ever worked. This company helped tear down the Projects just so they could build their own slum inside the city of Chicago.
Pros
you can get wasted on the job and no one cares. Great health care.
Cons
Bed Bugs, drive by shootings, No materials or budget.
Productive workplace, you can creat your own plan for the seniors.
Senior Advocate Intern (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAFebruary 17, 2017
I like working with community builders, because I get to work with seniors in all different stages. I have clients as young as 55, and as old as 90. And I have clients that are perfectly healthy, and some clients that have survived a stroke but disabled.
Pros
Great experience working with seniors.
Cons
No Pay.
Sometimes aggressive or otherwise overworked management
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 13, 2017
The Community Builders are a great place and definitely are trying to do the right thing. I only worked there as a Summer Intern in their summer reading program. The children were great and the experience was overall positive, but sometimes upper management was either openly hostile towards their interns or just plain absent-minded.
Pros
Children
Cons
A nice company to work for...
Senior Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PAJanuary 23, 2017
A typical day was running in between three properties. Two of which were in Coatesville and the other in Center City philly. At times, you were maintaining files in West Chester and then expected to go back to the Coatesville or philly properties.

The money was good but not worth the wear and tear on you or your vehicle.

If you live in the area it's a great opportunity!
Pros
The Regional Manager
Cons
Being spread between 2-3 properties and the local housing authority to maintain records, being expected to work constantly passed regular hours despite exceedingly long commute.
great experense and hands on work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 17, 2017
very interesting company. lots of opportunity to work hard and exceed. people are committed to getting projects done. forward thinking. innovators
Awesome place to work
Area Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VADecember 12, 2016
I loved working for The Community Builders INC, it was an awesome company to work for. If I had the opportunity to work there again I would..

5 star company treats their employees great
Pros
Paychecks were always on time
Cons
To many unkept properties
Great place and getting better
Its a secret (Current Employee) –  EverywhereOctober 31, 2016
Despite some bad past reviews this is a great place to work. It has like most companies gone through some growing pains but they are mostly worked out. TCB really strives to make all there properties great places to work. They are growing by leaps and bounds so a little chaos is expected, It's kind of fun actually. If you have the opportunity to join TCB grab it you will not be disappointed.
Pros
Alway looking for ways to improve
Cons
Not much of anything honestly
the best place i've ever been
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 10, 2016
I enjoyed this line of work and would like to get back on saddle and into this type of work again. the hardest part was when my boss would come with last min things needed that I could have already been working on and had done by the time he thought to bring it to me.
Pros
great netwoking
Cons
not enough hr in the day to get everything done