The Community College of Baltimore County Employee Reviews in United States

Provides general insight into office processes
Office Assistant, Physical Sciences Office (Former Employee) –  Catonsville, MDApril 25, 2016
Provided experience with data input and other general administrative assistant duties. Provided insight into settiing up a physics and geology lab
Great Benefits! Free tuition!
Enrollment Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Catonsville, MDNovember 13, 2015
Great company to work for if you like to be micromanaged in an environment full of nepotism. You can only work so long in this arena before growth stagnates.
Pros
Free tuition, great benefits
Cons
Growth eventually stagnates
A productive workplace that that helps enroll students into school.
Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 5, 2015
A typical day at work includes helping students enroll in school to further the education experience. We help register them, choose and major, and help with fincacial aide.
Pros
Helping students with their education plan.
Cons
No Cons really
Great work environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Catonsville, MDApril 16, 2015
Training that is provide, not only technically but also on behavior, domain and etiquette. Seniors are supportive and help you to execute your tasks.
Good opportunity
Great workplace
Simulation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rosedale, MDMarch 5, 2015
Successfully planned, designed, implemented, and evaluated simulation-based learning across the continuum from
standardized patients through high-fidelity simulators. Operated simulation equipment during scenarios, including
reset and replenish between scenarios. Set up and cleaned up simulation activities including props, medical moulage,
and supplies used in scenarios. Conducted basic preventative maintenance on simulation equipment. Researched new
technologies available from vendors or scholarly groups and presents research to the simulation team for consideration
and implementation.
Friendly environment
Admissions Office Assistant /Testing Proctor (Former Employee) –  Catonsville, MDOctober 3, 2014
Typical day at work involved meeting new people and giving them proper directions.
I learned to be a very good communicator.
Coworkers were like family to me
Na
Adjunct English Instructor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 29, 2014
Overall, I great company to work for. I enjoy working with students and other higher education professionals.
very productive working enviorment
Career Development Services* Student Aide (Current Employee) –  Catonsville, MDJune 9, 2014
I enjoy working herem helping others and interacting with students.
Loved Working Here!!!
Receptionist/Testing Center (Former Employee) –  Catonsville, MDMay 29, 2014
I would come in and answer phones, answer students questions, direct students to designated areas,and filed away paper work.

All of my co-workers were very friendly and just great people to be around.

There really wasn't a "hard part" of this job. I was working inside of a college, so I was surrounded by many people from various cultures. It was a wonderful experience.
Pros
great people
Cons
the pay
Great College
Academic Advisement- Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Dundalk, MDMay 15, 2014
Great company to work for. Everyone is nice and helpful. I enjoy working with this staff and I love helpign students.
Pros
great atmosphere, nice employers
Cons
not enough hours to work
Recptionist
Career Center, Student-Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 19, 2014
Responsible for scheduling / cancelling appointments

Assisted with clerical tasks in the work place such as filing students personal information, restocking paper in the photo copy machine, helping with distributing flyers.

Assisted new students with registration for classes.

With this job I learned how to be patient with people. I learned how to multi- task, and take pride in what I do in a daily basis.
Friendly environment
Specialist 1, Student Accounts (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 18, 2014
CCBC is a very productive work place which allows me to be very customer oriented due to the growing number of students that attend college. Somedays can be very stressfull with many situations that require me to assist student with not only school matter, but sometimes personal situations. I understand that we all have bad days and sometimes people want to vent, but by the time he or she reaches our Office they are irritated and frustrated. I must remain calm and be helpful to assist them the best way so that I don't feel like their frustration is directed towards myself. If it's uncontrollable then I direct them to our office manager. The manager is very compassionate and understanding in regards to employees well being and work habits. The manager not only maintains a good work ethic but she also knows how to be a friend. My co-workers are like friends and family. No matter what goes on at work, our friendship doesn't affect our relationship. I enloy talking with and working with my co-workers as well as other staff memebers on campus. I have created a good friendship beyond our institution walls.
Pros
the pros are insurances and waived tuition
Cons
no advancement within our office
Productive and welcoming enviornment--A second family
Program Support Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Essex, MDFebruary 13, 2014
CCBC is wonderful. A typical day at work is answering phone calls from students/parents, guiding students in the direction of there teachers and eating homemade goodies co-workers may bring in.

It is truly a family oriented environment. Management is very organized and sticks to the book but gives appreciation at least twice a year to staff with an end of the term dinner or cookout.

The most enjoyable part of this job is knowing that you are not alone. If something is difficult or overwhelming co-workers will help you though it with no problem. This is a very supportive and love family.
Pros
building relationships, advisement and mentorship
Cons
no part-time healthcare/dental benefits
Productive and fun place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 15, 2014
Love the family atmsphere in the workplace. Very comfortable setting with lots of work to do. Everyone is very friendly and helpful.
Pros
small setting, family oriented
Cons
temporary position
An average job
Media Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Catonsville, MDApril 18, 2013
Given this was a Work Study, the staff was fun to work with and each day was full of excitement or at least full of having something to do.

The management were fun to work with, if not a bit stuffy.

Co-workers would help get any tasks done with no problem.

Hardest tasks, were when we'd get a last minute order for technical equiptment for a stage, and the teachers were not the patient sort.

The best part however was learning all the ways devices could be disassembled and reassembled in the fastest ways.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
low pay, and its a work study
CCBC Rocks
Coordinator of Allied Health (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 27, 2012
A great education institution that not only looks our for their student population but also shows how much they care for every employee who helps deliver that educational experience.
Part Time
Welcome Center Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Catonsville, MDAugust 22, 2012
Dispatchig calls and Directing students around campus. Answered student Questions.
Pros
fun
Cons
part time and pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Community College of Baltimore County. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3