(Salary $68,000/year plus commission)
Responsible for developing prospects, selling sponsorships and managing relationships for assigned Conference Board’s conferences.
Reports to Director of Sponsorship.
Principal Direct Activities
1. Responsible for annual growth of sponsorship revenue. Current budget is $3.7M conferences.
2. Generate new business and increase revenue from new and existing conference clients.
3. Accurately forecasting and reporting activities and results to Manager.
4. Develop new business by analyzing account potential; initiating, developing, coordinating groups and closing sales.
5. With Program Directors, Senior Vice President, Engagement, Executive Directors of Engagement and Director of Sponsorship as certain sponsorship needs and assists in strategy for seeking sponsorship.
6. Gather and track intelligence on competitive offerings to maintain competitive advantage.
7. Seek out opportunities for expansion and growth through prospecting and research.
1. Develop and assist in the creation of Sponsorship Proposals for meetings, research and combined packages.
2. Assist Program Directors and others throughout The Conference Board in sponsor sales. Involved in establishing sales calls and negotiations as necessary.
3. Coordinate with Directors of Associate Service, other departments and regions of world for cross selling opportunities.
1. Attend Conference Board events to engage sponsors, and solicit new sponsors.
2. Maintain reports on personal sales, sponsor commitments, activities and contacts.
3. Perform additional duties as delegated by Sponsorship Sales Manager.
Desired Qualification and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 3 years of business-to-business sales experience.
- Strong knowledge of business issues.
- Proven track record of exceeding sales quotas.
- Ability to work with and pitch to senior level executives.
- Understanding of complex business issues and negotiations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Conference and/or industry experience is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and be self-driven within a team structure.