The Connection

The Connection Employer Reviews

Nice People but Poor Working Conditions
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Loves Park, ILAugust 11, 2014
Pros: nice people, easy to advance
Cons: poor attendance policy, bug problem
Loved the people I worked with but management was very poor because the were understaffed the entire time I was working there. Definitely easy to advance though. The'll give anyone the job. Worst part of working there was the bugs. They had a bed bug problem along with ants and rodents which they wouldn't confirm to its employees but people kept finding – more... them. Also if you're even a minute late from break it counts as 1/2 point off your attendance. – less
Workplace with sociable people and easy to access work area.
Contact Center Phone Agent (Current Employee), Machesney Park, ILAugust 10, 2014
Good phone center job for those trying to occupy the time between now and their future career. Very relaxed when call flow is low. Nice management, nice workers, and great HR department.
Good place to learn something new
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee), Jamestown, NYAugust 5, 2014
Pros: easy work, fast work. good pay and benefits
Cons: very angery customers, very strict work, and expected to much for to little
I like the people i met from working there. it was great and easy work plus it was fast work as well. It taught me a lot about managing accounts and customer service work and also showed me i posses a lot of other attributes i wasn't mentioning or knew about before.
The Connection
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Jamestown, new YorkAugust 5, 2014
You are always on your phone at The Connection. There are strict rules about what you can and cannot do while you are not on the phone. Some of the supervisors make the job fun, some make it upsetting. The hardest part of the job is dealing with irate callers. The most enjoyable part is speaking with good customers.
customer service representative
customer service representative (Former Employee), olean nyJuly 30, 2014
Pros: learning how to deal with emotional customer situations
Cons: no fault policys
Answering phone calls from customers daily. Handle both happy and disgruntled customers. Daily overview of customer accounts, including international customers, and commissions overviews
Poor
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Moriarty, NMJuly 29, 2014
The conditions to work in are despicable. Staff never cared, all they wanted were results. They would hire anybody with a pulse and expect everyone else to pick up the slack without any give.
All of the above
Store Manager (Former Employee), Maplesville, ALJuly 21, 2014
Pros: awesome management team
Cons: went out of business
I really enjoyed working for this company. The management team was the best. This job provided me with all the basic tools to use in furthering my career path.
Fun energetic
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Jamestown NYJuly 21, 2014
Pros: worked exactly 40 hrs
I would take phone calls from customers who either wanted to set up a new account or had a problem with there account. I would than use the computer systems that I was trained to use. All while fixing the accounts under 2 min and 40 seconds.

I learned so much from not only the company, but the people that I worked with.
Enjoyable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Jamestown NYJune 16, 2014
The atmosphere and management are not the greatest, there is little to no communication between the supervisors and the actual management sector of the call center. But the ability to help people, to calm an irate customer, and to assist someone that truly is grateful, makes it worth it. You will learn that not everyone can be trusted in a workplace, – more... people come from all different walks of life, and some will tell you every second of their life story to prove it. The hardest part of the job will be keeping your head down, staying out of the drama, and focusing on making the money not the friends, they are a bonus of working there, but they are not necessary. – less
a typical day at work
Team Supervisor (Former Employee), Loves Park, ILJune 5, 2014
• Managed the daily operations of the customer service team of CSRs. Developed, implemented and maintained processes, procedures and programs to improve customer service and responsible for promoting company standards
• Provided day-to-day supervision and technical assistance to customer service reps, and supports programs that drive team performance – more... toward departmental and organizational goals.
• Direct supervision for 16 full-time and part-time employees.
• Performed credits, adjustments, explained billing and generate invoices.
• Organized and scheduled all necessary resources required to accomplish activities.
• Oversee personnel needs; coached, trained, and evaluated employees’ performance.
• Hired and provided training for new and/or less experienced Customer Service Reps.
• Ensured employees’ behaviors are focused on improved customer satisfaction to drive customer loyalty. – less
Call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Jamestown, NYMay 20, 2014
Fast paced job, A typical day is sitting and answering phones and assisting the needs of the customers.
Productive workplace with paid breaks.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Olean, NYMay 19, 2014
Pros: paid time off and the scheduled hours were perfect for family life.
Cons: not being able to advanced.
Customer service rep for It Works Global!. Had to answer incoming calls that had to do with complaints, signing up for the product, lost shipments and to review their account. I've learned to deal with situations over the phone as in a irate customer, customers not being able to hear very well and to learn more software updates in the program itself. – more... Co-workers were the most enjoyable part of the job. Being able to relate if we had a bad experience with a customer. The hardest part of the job would have to be admitting to the customer that we were not able to help them any further that they would have to contact another source for further help. The most enjoyable was helping the customers solve their problems with what they called in for. – less
Worst job I have ever had. Management is a joke.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Loves Park, ILMay 8, 2014
I would not recommend my worst enemy apply here. I have worked for this company for almost two years. I've worked through just about every sickness known to man. I even worked here with pneumonia and no one cared. I had multiple notes from doctors advising me to stay home and again no one cared. I could either come to work and spread my illness or I – more... could get pointed for calling in. The point system is completely ridiculous. I even got pointed for taking a day off for my child to have surgery.

The management staff is a joke. They do not care for the agents that are the ones making them their money. All the care is placed onto the client. My quality scores are near perfect yet I still get no assistance or consideration. Management decided to move me to a different client in the building with no regard for the schedule change. I will be losing my job here because I can not work the new schedule I was provided as I am a single mom and the hours that are being forced upon me do not correlate with daycare hours.

The pay rate is horrible. I make $9 an hour. Please do not work for this company. They are a joke. You will be dissatisfied. You will not be able to advance.

I should not have to receive government assistance just to feed my child if I am working a full time job. Please do not walk but run in the other direction away from the Connection. – less
Loved doing customer service for Waste Management.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Loves Park, ILMay 8, 2014
Pros: the actual job
Cons: call center enviorment
Handing customer service calls and making changes or adjustments to customers accounts.
It's ok
Customer Service Representative, Waste Management (Current Employee), Machesney Park, ILApril 27, 2014
If you show up and do your job it's ok. Does have a high turn over, but it is easy work.
Its alright.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Loves Park, ILApril 25, 2014
Alright business, fun people who can be socialable and take their job seriously at the same time. Laid back style but serious at the same time.
no palce for advancement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Rockford, ILApril 23, 2014
this is not a career path place, there is no room for advancement
Good paying
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Jamestown, NYMarch 29, 2014
It has good pay but the environment is not very well. Hard to advance in the company.
Great workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Olean, NYMarch 26, 2014
I learned new things everyday which helped in different situations.
Management was always there to assist.
Co-workers were team players.
The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to assist customers with any issues or concerns they may have had.
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN PLACE TO WORK
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Loves Park, ILMarch 18, 2014
HANDLE HIGH VOLUMES OF INBOUND CALLS