The Connection

The Connection Employee Reviews

Busy, decent pay.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Jamestown, NYMay 12, 2015
Pros: Two paid breaks and a 30 minute lunch for your free time
Cons: HR, and the Point System
Learn a lot of customer service skills while working. It's good pay and a steady schedule. You meet a lot of different people while working. The hardest part of the job is not knowing how to handle certain angry and upset customers at times, or not knowing an answer to one of their questions on the spot when they need their answer.
Assisted in online troubleshooting, provided information for health screenings to employees and phlebotomists, scheduled appointments, customer servic
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Loves Park, ILMay 6, 2015
Pros: Working with people, consistent hours, close location
Cons: Lack of management support, mediocre access to resources to help customers
I learned about different types of incentives employers provide to employees for health screenings, general techniques for de-escalating bad experiences for customers, online systems such as salesforce and aspect which are both operating systems for Quest Diagnostics. During my short tenure management was there for questions during calls but never engaged in any type of meetings or coaching sessions which is typical in a call center environment. My colleagues all were helpful and were able to relate to the experience of the job. The hardest part of the job was not having the resources to help customers with what they were requesting on calls. The most enjoyable part for me is to be engaging with people on a day to day basis to help them with a variety of problems and to help provide solutions and make things easier for them.
Over all, this was a great place to work.
Call Center Operator (Former Employee), Olean, NYApril 21, 2015
Pros: Good people
A typical day at work was very busy.

I learned how to focus and listen to the customer.

Management was very kind and helpful.

Co-workers, some were pleasant and others were not so pleasant.

The hardest part of the job was switching jobs often.

The most enjoyable part of the job, was knowing I had a job and I would be the best that I could be on the job.
great
Customer Service (Former Employee), Loves Park, ILApril 15, 2015
great place too work. people are nice and friendly easy work and great to learn about people and how they think. would work there again
Easy job but high turnover rate
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), Loves Park, ILApril 14, 2015
Not very professional work environment and high turnover but the stress level or work is very low. The atmosphere is kind of negative almost like they are waiting for you to screw up but again it is a low stress level job but also low paying.
Fun, fast paced, high tech, in-bound customer care calls
customer service representative (Former Employee), Penn Yan, NYApril 5, 2015
Pros: Diversity with customers, left to myself to work
Cons: Irate customers, staring at a computer screen all day
A typical day was spent answering phones for an internet company. I handled most billing related issues including, but not limited to, charging credit cards and bank accounts, refunding credit cards and bank accounts as well as placing bill credit on the customers' account. I learned how to utilize an intranet system that was used to cover all of their policies, technical support information and billing information. This also included product availability, pricing, scheduling, and basic customer care policy. Management was very helpful. They were hands on and would not hesitate to jump on the phone if their teams' hold times were climbing. There was not much interaction with co-workers as we were isolated in cubicles. The hardest part of the job was learning to navigate their intranet system. At the end of the day I would have talked to approximately 30-50 different people, I liked this most because I was able to talk to people all over the U.S.
Supportive staff, fast paced.
Call Center Agent (Current Employee), Jamestown, NYMarch 2, 2015
Pros: camaraderie between co workers
Working team atmosphere on SSS by NAIS, supportive supervisor staff. We answer phone calls in order to help families fill out the financial statement to apply for financial aid. We also help schools navigate our website so they are able to determine which families and how much financial aid they give out. A typical day for me entails administrative work and answering phones.
na
Inbound customer service for American Express (Former Employee), Loves Park, ILFebruary 28, 2015
I was a supervisor. I helped train my employees. Also I would help them improve there skills. I also took Supervisor calls.
Professional and fun and community oriented.
Answering Service Telephone Operator (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NMFebruary 19, 2015
Professional atmosphere, fun and community oriented. I was able to learn the computer system and enjoyed the learning process.
Not a place I would work again
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 5, 2015
The idea of working in a call center was great, but the management does not care about the people there. They treat you as if you are just another person who walks in, and will be quickly forced out. There are bed bugs and roaches, which made my time there very uncomfortable. I did learn plenty, and gained more customer service experience. I also enjoyed the job itself, but it is a terrible work environment.
very productive work place
Customer service representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NMFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: great benifits
Cons: closed down
Answer incoming call and help customers trouble shoot equipment. deal in sales and call quality. great work environment with fun incentives.
Productive great place to work
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee), Olean, NYFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: friendly co workers
Cons: could get boring
This was my first job and I loved working there. Everyone I worked with was super nice and friendly. All of my managers were very nice and understanding to everyone. I loved answering phones and assisting customers. The hardest part of the job was when the call volume got really high and you had a certain amount of time to get threw the call and some of the customers were really rude.
The Connection
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Olean, NYJanuary 23, 2015
Job Duties strictly consisted of me Getting to work on time and answering customer calls in a timely manner. I learned greatly how to interact with customers and provide assistance even in dire situations. The work Force at The Connection was negative and gloom to say the least. Hardest part of the job was honestly dealing with the atmosphere of the negative workplace. I overall enjoyed the experience of each phone call cause in all it was training and great experience to receive.
Fun place to work and offered opportunity to build on customer service skills.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Loves Park, ILJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: health care and benefits
A typical work day consist of answering phone calls and assisting customers and clients with there concerns and questions. I learned how to work with customers and provide a positive experience for the customers. My co-workers were great, helpful and encouraging. The hardest part of the job was working with customers who were unhappy with the service or product and working to find a solution that make the customer happy. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the customers and creating a positive experience for them.
Neat shop
Sales Associate/Merchandising (Former Employee), Shelby, OHJanuary 12, 2015
Neat shop now closed due to owners wrong doings. Was amazing to work there while it was open.
Good PTO policy
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Olean, NYDecember 20, 2014
Pros: 4-day work week. good pto policy.
Cons: no raises, constant turn over, unstable work enviroment.
Inbound call center providing servicing for a major tuition repayment plan. 95+ calls daily. I really enjoyed the client that I serviced and the families that I helped resolve their student financing worries. I loved the four day work week an truly worked with some very nice people. Management was quick to recognize your hard work however, the wage was very low for the industry. The hardest part of my job was the constant turn over and overall moral of employees.
Challenging
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Moriarty, NMNovember 26, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: upset customers
Call center. Answer questions and solved problems for customer of the Website www.stubhub.com. Learned to other side of websites. Co worker were interesting. The hardest part was most of the calls where upset customers, but it was rewarding to help the solve them
had a lot of time while waiting for my phone to ring.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Olean, NYSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: had two 15 mins. breaks and 30 minutes lunch as well.
Cons: never sat in the same chair day by day.
The job is ok. I enjoyed talking to people on the phone and helping them with their questions. The worst part of the job was that we didn't sit at one computer all the time. We had to move around a lot day by day using different computers.
Work center is a job which helps skills build in multiple tasks
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Carlsbad NMSeptember 9, 2014
*Taking orders for different companies
* Application processor
*Return on orders & etc.
* Learned different tasks on every company trained for
* Co- workers were very helpful if needed and when able to communicate with a co-worker.
* Having to answer a call that was a prank call
*Taking the call to full fill the customers wants and need to complete the phone call legit
Dishonest place to work
customer service rep (Former Employee), olean, nySeptember 9, 2014
Pros: paid breaks, management is nice
Cons: dishonest, poor pay
I worked in the shared department. We were told to lie to customers. we were not allowed to tell customers what their order total was and we charged hidden fees that the customers were not informed of. very dishonest place to work. if you have a conscience this is not the job for you

1 2 3 4 5