The Connection Employee Reviews

Na
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Loves Park, ILJuly 14, 2017
Very professional work environment. Nice people. Pay is moderate. Okay for a starter job or busy work. Be punctual. Very rewarding. The people are friendly
Official response from The Connection
July 17, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. I do agree that we have some of the friendliest employees across all of Rockford which helps make it a great environment to work in! While we do have a number of entry level positions available, we are looking for seasoned customer service agents to join the team as well as Team Supervisors.

Fast paced and productive.
Team Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYJuly 7, 2017
The Connection is a fast paced productive call canter. A typical day was spent on the phones taking inbound calls with a high call volume. Over the 4 years I spent there I learned better communication skills. I learned better soft skills. I also learned how to handle tough call situations and deescalation skills. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the tough calls. I most enjoyed getting to speak with different people and assisting with their needs.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Hours and health care.
They do not care about employee health
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jamestown, NYJuly 6, 2017
Please do yourself a favor and do not apply. I currently work for this company, and am trying to find a way our! They do not provide a competitive wage. It is very hard to advance, and the upper management cares more about money than its employees.

The work environment is extremely hostile and HR does nothing when complaints are filed. I filed a complaint 2 months ago and no one I put on the paperwork have been spoken with.

Our facility has had to evacuate for emergencies three times in the past 2 years, yet the company has never had a fire/evacuation drill, so no members of management know the process and it is pure chaos.

The equipment is extremely old, and the call center is filthy. They have one cleaner in charge of a center of 300 people and the bathrooms alone are enough to make you sick, not to mention the bugs (bed bugs and other) that are regularly caught using tape and given to HR (they say they give them to the exterminator but he admitted to us that he has never been shown any other them). The company does not care about employee health, and proves it consistently.

I feel bad for members of upper management and the supervisors because they earn PTO that they are very rarely permitted to use and they max out at 100 hours so regularly they are actually losing money and time off since the company will not pay them the time off they deserve, or prove a vacation.

The company forces employees to work for clients that do not fit their life schedule, so they are forced to either quite, or not see their child or spouse because they are forced to second
  more... or third shift. THE CONNECTION DOES NOT CARE ABOUT ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES. PLEASE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND STAY FAR AWAY.  less
Pros
Csr
Cons
Company does not value employees at all
Ha
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYJuly 5, 2017
They fire u for no reason. The supervisors dont care. Things change at any time and they wont work with u on court order visits. I been here before and had to fight with them
difficult work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYJuly 5, 2017
The work with the clients and customers was very enjoyable. Customer service is enjoyable. I learned a lot about communication and organizational skills.
Pros
work is enjoyable
Cons
difficult work environment
Poor
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 27, 2017
I would not recommend to anyone they do not work with you on anything and they show favoritism if you have a medical emergency they will not work with you on that.
friendly and motivated workplace
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Loves Park, ILJune 22, 2017
friendly and motivated workplace. My supervisors were wonderful and all of the incentives and teamwork is amazing in the mnsure office.The only thing that bites is their unwillingness to work through some problems.
Not a friendly environment.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Loves Park, ILJune 14, 2017
Management belittle their employees!! Really work you like a slave at times. I would not recommend this employment to anyone. Although if you need a job they are willing to hire.
Pros
Point system
Cons
Being on a phone all day
Bed bugs
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYJune 14, 2017
Basically a sweat shop with phones. They had or was infested with bed bugs yet they denied they had a bed bug problem. The way they treat some of their employees is unfair. The time you get for training is not efficient.
Pros
Pay
Cons
A lot
Great Internship
eLearning Intern (Current Employee) –  Burnsville, MNJune 7, 2017
Both my supervisor and department head are supportive and allow space for my input and continued education. The work environment is casual and forward thinking. They are open with their communication and are always pushing me to bring my work to the next level.
Job char
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Loves Park, ILJune 1, 2017
Receiving inbound calls from customers from the southern states. Management was there only if we needed help with a frustrated customer, if the customer service representative couldn't assist them.
The work culture was very laid back. The hardest part of the job is the company that I worked for didn't have any update computer systems and was not good at following through when customer had a problem.
Pros
Employee Appreciations
Cons
No room for growth, not a good starting wage, the training was mediocrerate
work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYMay 25, 2017
I honestly loved my job at the connection. it was a great experience minus the horrible workforce, staff in HR and the bedbugs they just all love to deny that they have but eh
Professional and personable workplace
Workforce Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYMay 23, 2017
I enjoyed my time with The Connection. The clients that I got to work with were very nice and my co-workers were amazing. I also enjoyed the schedule I worked most of the time. There were some days that were tougher than others but there was always a member of management waiting with a smile. The toughest part is sometimes you may have several angry callers back to back. This was a pretty rare occasion. I learned to calm down angry customers very effectively while employed here.
Pros
Great people, great atmosphere
Cons
Not the best pay or benefits
awesome
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Loves Park, ILMay 19, 2017
I dont understand why I have to write a review on everyone of these Im just trying to find a job this seems totally unnecessary . Its a waste of time.
Loved the restraunt
Waitress/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 18, 2017
I had the best manager Pam, she could multitask like no other. They have great food and good times.wish the restaurant did not have to close. It was great experience.
It was a good work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYMay 5, 2017
I did like the job there but at the same time they lay people off just because. Then they turn around and hire new people and they did the same to them.
outsourcing
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYMay 4, 2017
It was typical outsourcing company, not a great place to work, but work if you are looking for a job in your field to pay the bills while your looking.
Pros
Day shift
Cons
was not happy working there
Fair Workplace
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYApril 30, 2017
I would go in and attend work, do my duties and get paid a fair wage. I enjoyed my position and the employees that I worked with, and I was there for almost 2 years and enjoyed it. I was just let go because I was sick too many times and didn't submit a doctors note for my absesnes.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
long calls
horrible company
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYApril 27, 2017
Company had been more concerned with maintaining image to clients than mass layoff. I have friends that stilll work there that said the Connection told the local newspaper that they offered at home positions to employees, Liars! There were NO work from home opportunities! That 750,000 state grant the Connection took to open business there in 2008 went to waste. They had forced overtime, even on weekends, shift hour cuts, they would mess up your paycheck, lazy leads & supervisors who let customers scream at you like you were the whipping boy, demanding to be transferred to a sup to fix an unresolvable issue & the sup would tell you to get back on the phone and do the sups job for them, & throw free stuff to them to avoid the escalated calls. Sophomoric cliches formed by leads/supervisor that were embarrassing and they would bully the agents,very unprofessional work atmosphere,
Pros
no longer work there
Cons
working there
Would still be there if it did not close down.
Supervisor/Coach (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMApril 25, 2017
Supervisors and management good. Fun and friendly working atmosphere. Many learning opportunities. Family oriented, not just a number but a real person.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Connection. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7