The Connection Employee Reviews in United States

Typically a fun place to work.
Sales Consultant/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Loves Park, ILOctober 27, 2015
The Connection's low pay of 9.00 an hour and no raises. Makes it very hard to buy guess for the long journey to work, and keep up with everyday bills and expenses. If they offered a more competitive salary of at least 10.00 and hour it wouldn't be a bad place to work. Dealing with sales the 1st half of the time I worked there was very stressful, you had to worry about being on probation or even losing your job if your sales wasn't up to par. They wasn't fair about who they offered promotions too, but they did have their perks. They would have contest like chili cook offs in which I won 1st place and I think a 50.00 gift card to Walmart. They had the Wii for you to play on your breaks. Halloween costume dress up and contest. They fed the employees on Thanksgiving and different holidays. Instead of the perks, the employees would much rather have a pay raise.
Pros
Contests, Wii, and dinners.
Cons
Hourly pay and pressure to make sales

Comment – November 3, 2015

Congratulations on winning the chili cook-off! We are always looking for ways to create an energetic and fun environment throughout our centers and I am glad to hear that you were part of making those events possible. I apologize that the compensation scale was not clearly outlined during the New Hire process so that you were aware of the opportunities to increase your earnings. There is a compensation plan that allows agents to earn increases based on their performance levels. The Connection® continues to gather feedback and look at how we can improve and create a better experience for our employees. We appreciate your feedback. -The Connection®

Slow and boring, but productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Holdrege, NEMarch 11, 2016
We answered inbounding phone calls for companies excluding the phone companies. I learned to work with my people skills over the phone. It was completely different then when taking to someone in person. Management was alright. We did have supervisors that would pull us aside when the call lines were low to discuss what we need to improve on and what we were doing really well with. Most of us co-workers kept to ourselves. Some of us did get to know some of the others and became good friends with them. Hardest part was leaning the different programs that we used, but once you got the handle of it, it went well. Most enjoyable part was hearing different accents of people all over the United States of America.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Sitting down for 4-8 hours a day
A very busy place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Loves Park, ILJuly 29, 2016
You sign in on your systems and start taking calls. I learned how to work on multiple screens at a time and increased my computer knowledge. Management was great, very supportive. My co-workers were fun and most of them were younger than me which was nice because they were very tech savvy and often showed me short cuts regarding the computer. The hardest part of the job was answering calls every 4 seconds and being tethered to a phone. I did enjoy working for The Connection, it was a great experience. I enjoyed assisting clients with computer trouble shooting to get into their wellness accounts and scheduling wellness appointments. I met hundreds of very nice people over the phone. It was rare to speak to someone who was rude.
Pros
Supportive team
Cons
Being tethered to a phone and the pay
Positive place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Machesney Park, ILJune 1, 2016
A typical day at the Connection consisted of taking calls, and making sure that you did what you were supposed too. This job helped me to gain more experience with customer service. Loved the supervisors that I worked with, but I didn't really socialize with any co-workers. Hardest part of this job was irate, but due to experience I knew how to handle the call. Most enjoyable part I would have to say was the free lunches, pot lucks, and the company spirit days that we had
Pros
My co-workers that I spent time with
The Connection
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Loves Park, ILMay 10, 2016
The Connection was a great job with wonderful management and team supervisors. I loved working with the customers that would call and provide them with anything I was able to do to help them; weather it was with their billing, account, or just wanting information about the company. I had a team supervisor that was always available if needed, and would pull us a side to overview our quality for that week. I loved hearing criticism weather it was good or bad, it allowed me to work my job better.
Great place to work if you love customer service
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Loves Park, ILOctober 13, 2015
Great place to work if you like talking on the phone and problem solving. Great job security. Very nice management. The hardest part of the job is dealing with angry customers, other than that everyone else is very nice.
Pros
PTO
Cons
Angry Customers
Busy and Hectic
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYMarch 24, 2016
A typical day consisted of answering inbound calls and resolving issues for customers; as well as data entry and making outbound calls.
I learned how to type faster and multi task better to be more efficient with documentation while on the phone with the customer.
My co-workers were nice and friendly.
The hardest part of the job was the steady stream of calls and having to repeat the same thing over and over again.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting an issue resolved for a customer
Nice place to work - people pleasant and good environment
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYApril 5, 2016
Nice place to work - people there were pleasant and good environment - helped you if you needed help on something - fun to talk to customers on the telephone and put orders into the computer also !
Pros
Breaks - days off when earned are many - free food sometimes !
Cons
Have to make sure doing each client correctly as they have quality control
Very poorly ran
Customer Advocate (Former Employee) –  Loves Park, ILAugust 17, 2016
The Connection is a very poorly ran call center. Management could care less. The pay was horrible and they did not offer raises. Did not enjoy my time here.
Very professional and gfun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Loves Park, ILDecember 8, 2015
I loved the training, and how seriously The Connection seemed to take the employees. I was pregnant and never once felt discriminated against. They also have a great management team.

Comment – January 5, 2016

Training and preparing our agents is a large part of what we do. Our training team is always looking for new ways to better prepare agents for success. Thank you for being part of The Connection® and for sharing your feedback. P.S. Congratulations on your upcoming/new arrival! -The Connection®

Close quarters and angry customers
Billing agent (Former Employee) –  Penn Yan, NYDecember 15, 2015
A typical work day would consist of answering phones and helping calling customers with issues. I mainly worked in the Billing Department which required me to answer calls with customers concerned about a bill in which they were required to pay. Working at a call center taught me patients when working with customers who were irate and also taught me understanding for all the other people who work in a call center. The hardest part of this job was having to answer to customers calling and being loud and yelling, trying to distress the situation.
Cons
Handling irate customers
Awesome environment
Customer Service Representative / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Moriarty, NMMarch 23, 2016
I really enjoyed working here because I was always given room for improvement, however was treated like one of their own. I loved my supervisor and human resources was very understanding.
Pros
Welcoming
Cons
closed down
Good PTO policy
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYDecember 20, 2014
Inbound call center providing servicing for a major tuition repayment plan. 95+ calls daily. I really enjoyed the client that I serviced and the families that I helped resolve their student financing worries. I loved the four day work week an truly worked with some very nice people. Management was quick to recognize your hard work however, the wage was very low for the industry. The hardest part of my job was the constant turn over and overall moral of employees.
Pros
4-day work week. good pto policy.
Cons
no raises, constant turn over, unstable work enviroment.
Difference of Opinion
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Loves Park, ILOctober 19, 2013
I worked at The Connection for about 4 months and in the time I was there the supervisors were not well trained and did not follow the rules of dress code. The culture and values were nothing but get the money the customer problems don't matter. There was no chance for advancement because they were too busy not allowing you to live a life while working there. The reason I was fired was because I had to leave work once in the 4 months I was employed to pick up my then 9 month old daughter from daycare because they thought she had pink eye. They don't work with you and are not family friendly, hence why their turn over rate is so high. They care too much about the profit and not at all about the employees. They had no benefits and half the time you couldn't find a supervisor when you needed help because they were too busy out smoking while on the clock.... The most unprofessional atmosphere.
I met a lot of great people while working here.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYJanuary 19, 2016
I didn't like the rate of pay compared to the distance I had to drive to get to work every day. We got paid bi-weekly and one paycheck was going into my vehicle for gasoline to and from work. It was a high stress job and supervisors change every two months.
Pros
Good people to work around
Cons
Poor Supervision, too much chaos
Very Poor Upper Management
Trainer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYFebruary 16, 2013
The-Connection is not the place to be if you expect benefits, merit increases or appreciation from upper management. Upper managements may goal is to churn as many CSR's as possible to create new training classes.

This churning is important to The-Connection because they do not have to invest in ongoing training to increase the knowledge skills and abilities of current CSR's.

The Trainers were often asked to train varying shifts usually in the same week because The-Connection did not see the value of having a training for each session or conducting training on a set schedule.

Most of the CSR's and floor supervisors were nice to work with and willing to help the trainers develop an effective training program; however upper management was often not interested in improved training techinques because this would not allow for additional client paid training.
Pros
csr's and floor supersvisors nice to work with
Cons
no benefits, no annual merit raise, poor upper management
Poor Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYNovember 18, 2013
This is probably the worst but higher paying unskilled jobs in the area.

The co-workers are rude, The Supervisors vary from rude to kind and from competent to incompetent. The company has not raised anyone's pay rate since they formed. A woman had been working there before it had its own office. She was still making entry level wages.

The company is very dishonest and tries to fire anyone and everyone at the slightest fault. No unity at all among supervisors nor discretion of clients. It actually seems to prefer the most dishonest clients it can find. (Especially an infamous face lift company.)

The training is sub-par and they care very little for the customers. Other co-workers have actually gotten away with swearing and hanging up on clients. While others simply get fired for miss registering a customer.

The is no consistency in punishment or management. The only thing consistent is pay rate being $9.00 an hour
Pros
decent pay
Cons
poor management, training, quality of service, and fairness; absolutely no flexibility
Gained customer service expereince
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILFebruary 5, 2016
The connection enabled me to gain more customer service experience by answering in calling calls, and learning how to solve problems.
Pros
Gained customer service experience
Cons
Pay rate and point system
not what I expected.
customer service (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILOctober 7, 2015
If you want to work in a place where you don't feel comfortable in environment because of harassment not enough training when you go to a supervisor they treat you like you're the one who did wrong and not another employee who did wrong long. hours really boring customers you can be yelled at if things aren't going right they don't communicate with their customers like they should or relate to other companies how the faxing works it's all really confusing but it's not a job that if you're looking at long term this is not the job for long term staying this is more for easy money. Only good thing is the customer service experience. Kinda reminds you of high school, they treat you like you're in high school and reward you like you're in high school. Your breaks and lunches are way too close together.
Phone Calls
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYJanuary 27, 2016
I liked the job, but customers tend to be much ruder over the phone when they aren't actually in front of you. So dealing with that got annoying.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Connection. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6