The Consortium Employee Reviews in United States

Experienced, positive people and atmosphere
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 8, 2015
A typical day at work is creating an atmosphere and environment for employees to work comfortably. I've learned how to communicate with employees and provide services relevant to them. I greatly respect management for not only the opportunity of employment, but their acknowledgment, respect and providing tools and materials needed for me to do the best job possible. My co-workers were professional, loving and caring. The hardest part of the job was my having acceptance with my inability to resolve every issue that arose( Major plumbing, heating and air conditioning). the most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I gave 100% and seeing the end result of such.
Pros
the attitudes of people helping people.
Cons
Sorry benefits package.
Great staff
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 12, 2015
A typical day had me copying codes from service sheets into a Bti software program, very complex. The management proved to be a compassionate being that liked to help troubled , underprivileged people. I had proficient typing skills and since then have even learned the numerical keypad. The difficult part of the job was assisting the older working with recovery of past due and unpaid insurance claims. the most enjoyable part.. well was having my own cubicle and working unsupervised, and proving I could be productive. When I resigned I received 4 extra paychecks because I had never taken a sick day so the hours I had were clocked each week.
Pros
Tuition assistance, payed holidays, paid sick leave. vacation daysd
Cons
company is running out of funds
Lax Culture, Terrible Management Oversight, Poor Leadership
Admin Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 25, 2015
Very poor leadership that is not accountable
Incompetent mangers and lax culture that strengthens already perpetuated stereotypes of African American ran organizations.

Needs great improvement in all areas
Pros
Flexible work/life balance
Cons
lax culture, terrible management, poor leadership
fast paced not enough staff
Certified Peer Specialist (Former Employee) –  phila paSeptember 24, 2015
staff meeting at the beginning of shift,individual contacts with
client to check on progress ,meds and housing, make sure
they remember to keep forward with their recovery goals etc...
Pros
my own office paid transportation
Cons
mandatory overtime.
None its a miserable place to work because you have miserable staff who work there.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 17, 2013
A typical work day is working with out of control methadone clients who do not follow any rules of the building, most of the clients do not respect security staff or anything else. What i learned is to be able to talk down a out of control methadone client who is ready to do harm to his or her self or staff, my co- workers are wonderful we stick together because we know management doesn't help or support us in doing are job when it come down to the clients being out of control they do nothing to supports us, the hardest part of the job is dealing with staff that try to tell you how to do your job the staff is more of a problem then the clients, most of the staff don't mind there own business, and they don't do there own work because they are so busy wondering what some one else is doing instead of doing there own job, the most enjoyable part of the job is helping kids giving them snacks and information to help them be productive people in life.
Pros
none.
Cons
none.
Nice place to work
Supports Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 2, 2015
I've learned a lot about clients and families dealing with Intellectual Disabilities. Resources to assist families in coping wit the day to day life with family members with a disability.
Comfortable work pase, fun working environment
Medical Records Clerk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 23, 2013
My typical day at work consist of answering high volumes of calls. I then gather clients files for upcoming Doctors and Therapist appointments, then I proceed to filing missing documents to clients files also while doing light secretarial duties in between time. I learned a whole lot of things when I worked at the Consortium. I learned how to properly put together and disassemble a chart. I also learned the right way to file clients charts. My co workers were a huge support system to me because I was new and did not know but only one person at the time.The only hard part to the job is not being able to locate a lost client file. The most enjoyable part about working there is that you get to interact with the clients and staff, but when I could put a smile on a clients face who might have been having a bad day is what I love the most.
Pros
excellent customer service, great staff support
Cons
not hiring
The company does not have room for other social activities besides work
Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaOctober 12, 2014
Get to office in the morning check on my calendar, go on field appointments, return to office and compile reports.
The company requires me to produce certain amount of workload per week which is okay for me.The company is a human service company providing services for the well being of vulnerable people.
Working with this company enable me to perform my role as a social worker who likes to work in the interest of others, particularly those who cannot help themselves. Management is fine once task is completed on time. Co-workers are helpful, and involved in team work when necessary.
Since my employment, I have improve my skills working with individuals with different backgrounds and I have had more cultural diversity awareness. The hardest part of the job is to drive long distances, even in bad weather. The most enjoyable part is interacting with individuals and family locating resources and services for them to their pleasure. It makes you feel good when they are thanking you for helping improve their conditions.
Gratifiying at times however, poor management prevented program from reaching fulliest potiential.
Behavior Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 22, 2014
A typical day includes reviewing/responding to voicemail and email. Corresponding with therapist in regards to caseload of clients. Assisting therapist with clients in therapeutic group sessions.

The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the children and encouraging positive behavior and positive social/peer interaction.

The most challenging part of the job is dealing with non-complaint parents and co-worker who don't follow through with their responsibilities.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
did not feel valued. little to no incentives
Customer service, mental health, mental retardation
Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 23, 2013
Not much room for advancement regardless of advance degress depending on the department.
Average pay for a social services organization.
A career enhancing experience
Contract Physical Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, NJNovember 20, 2012
A challenging experience as a contract therapist. Assisted with permanent placement.
Pros
opportunity to experience diverse settings and approaches
Cons
no health care and low job security
Different and Educational
Healthcare Recuriter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 10, 2012
Working for a head hunter in the field of placing Occupational and Physical Therapist and Speech Language Pathologist. Worked on a special contract placing people at NYC Board of Education positions. When the contract was terminated, they downsized the whole department and got out of that aspect of the business.
Pros
fun
Cons
see above
Productive and great chance for advancement
FILE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 5, 2013
The Consortium has a very laid back atmosphere with friendly co-workers. I would have to say the hardest part of the job is the untimely scheduling and a lot of pressure with last minute assignments.
Excellent place to work
Independent contractor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 17, 2012
It was a very comfortable and pleasant place to work, where I learned alot from each and every staff I interacted and worked with daily.
Pros
excelent place to work at!
Cons
none!
Valuable experience/overall rating is 3 stars
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PaMarch 10, 2014
The most valuable thing I gained was experience as a therapist.
Pros
flexibility of schedule
Cons
variable consistency of consumer involvement with treatment