The Container Store Employee Reviews

A well oiled machine
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fortworth, TexasJanuary 10, 2018
Efficiency is the base of all activity here. Because of that yout job as a stock assistant is fairly straightforward as it is a case of following steps and repeating. I've never seen teamwork like it in my life. I love that kind of enviroment and Container Store hits it out the park.
Pros
Health care plan at any level
Cons
Early hours
productive and fast paced
Merchandise Processor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 9, 2018
it was a productive fast paced environment. It was great for part time while I was going to school full time, but not really much career advancement. Management wasn't as good as it could have been and were not understanding at all about missing any days of work even if you were sick. Not paid time off at this company for part timers.
Pros
15 minute breaks
Good company, just not for me
WAREHOUSE EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJanuary 9, 2018
I worked in the Distribution Center. They require a fast paced performance, that just didn't suit me. Good people, good company. Benefits are above average.
Don't forget, it's still retail
Part-Time Visual Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJanuary 8, 2018
Decent place with decent people. Corporate seemed like a bit of a mess at the time. Too much focus on keeping payroll under budget, especially when more staff are needed on the floor.
Great at first...
HUMAN RESOURCES / TRAINING LEAD (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAJanuary 8, 2018
They welcome you in and warm you up but if you aren't 100% their "type" forget it... Management seems supportive until you disagree even one bit and then you are ousted.
Great place to work!!
Area Director (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJanuary 6, 2018
Wonderful company culture!! Employee first. Amazing, nurturing work environment--focused on employee growth and development. Genuine care and support for all employees. Team-oriented--focused on working hard while having fun. Blessed to have had 21 incredible years with the company. A company with leadership at all levels that "walks the talk".
Left for family/personal reasons and relocated to a city with only one Container Store--no management opportunities, unfortunately--otherwise I would still be a TCS-er!
If you have the opportunity to join this amazing company--DO!!
Pros
Amazing company culture
Cons
None!
Simple
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VADecember 19, 2017
My experience within the store was fun at times interacting with different types of customers and co-workers while learning about the different products we offer.
Very Positive Experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYDecember 19, 2017
This company is a wonder to work for and i have no problems working with them. They really take care of their customers and workers better than any company I've ever witnessed. The differences between this company and many others is night and day and they are a great organization.
Great Place to Work
Sales/Merchandise Processing Associate (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLDecember 10, 2017
Great place to work! I would recommend to anyone to apply. It's a creative and collaborative environment. You get to help people get organized and that's pretty awesome.
They promise alit but deliver that starts right form the jump!!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIDecember 3, 2017
I was told the pay would be 12.65 to start that didn’t happen. I was told 320 hrs of training would happen. That didn’t happen. Basically they’ve been like used car dealers promising the moon but not delivering. You do get health insure . The container store says there better to work for than any retailer but there not Nordstrom starts at 12.50 an gives you as many hours to work as you want . I chose to go with the contanier store because of all the promised . Unfortunately none but the health insurance was true .
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Low pay an NO hours to work
Friendly employee atmosphere!
Visual Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYNovember 20, 2017
With a great company culture and fabulous managers, TCS was one of the best experiences I had in retail. I had a great group of coworkers who welcomed me in when I began, and helped every step of the way through my development at the company.
Pros
discounts, company culture
Productive, customer oriented workplace
Stockroom associate/visual sales (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GANovember 6, 2017
I work the truck shift every week from 5 AM - 11 AM. During that time, we make sure all products are in their proper place so that the store is ready for the customers.
Mom/pop mentality
Advertising and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXNovember 4, 2017
No advancement opportunities, career planning or succession planning. No job descriptions. Doesn't believe in job titles. No HR department at corporate office. Cannot contribute to 401k until completing 11 months on job.
Was good at first.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newark, DENovember 2, 2017
Not enough hours.
If get hurt, blame employee
no room for advancement.
No Raises
Critical of everything
Does have great discounts.
Fun people at first
Pros
Discount
Cons
Hours
Positive Up-building Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Arden-Arcade, CAOctober 30, 2017
I worked as part time sales. Selling closets and other items throughout the store. It was a great team i worked with. Friendly, positive environment. Management was always willing to help and train. I always received constructive criticism to help improve myself as a sales person. I would recommend this work environment to anyone.
Pros
Great team to work with
Cons
Healthcare is not great
one of the best jobs that I have had
Visual Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 30, 2017
The Container Store treats all employees like management. It trains you to help the customer in any way you can. It is a family type atmosphere and fosters creativity. I have utilized the training I received there in every other job I have had.
container store
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXOctober 25, 2017
It was a good place to work,Bad management cost sales to decline by 80%.Container store management gave us a choice lay off or freeze all raises 401 benefits .Hours dropped off team members quiting not a great place to work now.

Jim
Things have changed
Visual Sales (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 24, 2017
The Container Store was a great place to work when I started. The people were great, the customers were great, the management was great. Over the years the culture has declined, tenured associates are leaving and new faces are coming from outside companies to something completely different. Now a typical day is short staffed with customers complaining that they cant find anyone to help them and there are long lines at the register.
Pros
Jeans and tennis shoes every day
Cons
Wage freeze for the last two years, no 401K match, short staffed because of payroll hours
management was cutthroat and dishonest
Lead the department (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXOctober 23, 2017
coworkers were great for the most part. the company and the original owners were wonderful human beings but they were out of the loop as far as working conditions in the warehouse. management was out of control. my manager was fired after being caught stealing from the company.
Pros
great company-games, parties, lunches
Cons
bad managers in warehouse
Organized, structured place to work
Part-Time Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJOctober 22, 2017
A typical day at work is difficult to discuss as I only work 8 hours per work at The Container Store since it is a part-time job. The environment is great, and they have solid founding principles
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Not much room for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Container Store. Our community is ready to answer.