The Container Store

The Container Store Employer Reviews

Fun Place to Work
Seasonal Team Member (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 18, 2015
Everyone is very nice; they're almost like a family there. I never once felt uncomfortable and when you mess up, they are very understanding. The training is very helpful and they pay you for training which is more incentive to pay attention.
communication is key
DISPATCHER (Former Employee), NYC, NYMarch 4, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Cons: no free lunch
Great work environment, ability for advancement, great co-workers, great teamwork, love helping customers, love working with a reliable team.
Great People & Great Environment
Visual Sales Representative (Former Employee), Chestnut Hill, MAFebruary 24, 2015
Great place to work. The management is very organized and work hands on in store every day with the employees. Great training provided and steady bi-weekly pay.
Fast-paced environment
Transitional Team (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: friendly staff, great pay
Cons: n/a
As a Seasonal Transitional Team Member, I unpacked new stock onto shelves, while still having the product maintain visual organization. The majority of my duties consisted of: unloading stock, opening boxes, unwrapping and unpacking product in a fast but neat manner.
Exciting
Merchandising/Maintenance clerk (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 5, 2015
You will literally enjoy going to work everyday. With all the different products it becomes impossible for a customer to leave the store with out purchasing something.
The Continer store
Manhattan Logistics (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 19, 2014
This was a very people friendly environment which at times felt more like a family. Which was the Container store ideology.
Work was fast paced at times and I enjoyed most of my time there.
I got to meet a lot of people even some celebrities who frequent the store.
Great enviornment
Forklift operator (Former Employee), Coppell, TXOctober 30, 2014
Pros: many events
Cons: hire the wrong people for the job
there is something new to do every day

i learned how to operate forklifts and to be a lead. also how to speak infront of a crowd

management was good as well, they are there when you need them

great co workers but some did not want to do there share of work

my hardes part of the job was to deal with co workers who did not want to work

over all expirence i had there, i learned many great things that really help me to be a better employee and coworker.
Best Retail Job I Ever Had
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Columbus, OHOctober 7, 2014
Pros: great pay, positive team environment, room to advance, hard work is always noticed
Cons: carrying product to customers' cars in bad weather was never fun, but they give you coats to wear if it's cold or raining
The Container Store culture is one of enthusiasm and teamwork. They set the bar high on the services they provide customers, but it never goes unrewarded. Daily and weekly team meetings to talk about sales goals is typical, but the meetings are approached in a positive way -- one that gets you excited to work hard to meet those goals as a team. Holiday time in retail environments can be stressful, but at The Container Store, you can be chosen to give gift wrapping demonstrations to customers and it is so much fun. Management team worked hard but they always were approachable and helpful. Pay and benefits were the best I have seen in most retail sales associate positions. They encourage promotion from within and many people stay on with the company for years.
Pretty Good Place... For Retail
Visual Sales Lead (Current Employee), Lone Tree, COSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: good pay for retail industry, good people, overall happy atmosphere
Cons: poor medical benefits, changing culture, retail hours, high physical demand
Retail hours and demands, including working many holidays, nights, and weekends.
Average to poor healthcare benefits for Full Time employees
Management required to work extra hours, typically working 50-60 hours a week
Public Company means that stakeholders have made for a higher demand for profitability, lower payroll, and changing the company culture from "Employee First" to "Profit First"
Employee First Culture
Full-Time Sales (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PASeptember 22, 2014
Pros: salary, co-workers
Cons: long retail hours
The Container Store has been a good place to work and has taught me about sales and how retail operates. Excellent pay and excellent staff.
Excellent company to work for
Sales (Current Employee), Southern CaliforniaSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, benefits, great co-workers, decent pay.
Cons: management leadership, lack of discipline
Each day at The Container Store, I get to work with a fabulous team. We each support each other and work great together to get the job done. I feel productive in my position and love the atmosphere. This company has its moments, just like any other company, where sometimes the direction and leadership can be questionable. However, the company as a whole, takes great care of their employees and does their best to ensure each individual has the full support of the business at all times.
Flexible, Respectable, Financially Viable Work Experience
Merchandise Processor/Visual Merchandising (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 8, 2014
A wonderful place to work that offers great benefits, good pay and hourly flexibility.
Great Culture
Visual Merchandising Lead (Former Employee), White Plains, NYJune 16, 2014
People are great and company treats you very well. Reccomend for stable part time work.
Fun and exciting place to work.
Sales Trainer / Sales Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 21, 2014
Pros: great benefits, great pay and friendly environment
The company is still privately owned to this day and rightfully so. The company was named "Number One" company to work for by Fortune 500. Has a feeling of a small business.
Communicative and fast-paced work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 14, 2014
Pros: communicative and supportive environment
Cons: shift in culture to sales focus
The culture of the store supports communication, including communication with customers and with other team members. Emphasis is placed on assessing customers' needs through asking open-ended questions and providing complete solutions rather than short-term piecemeal quick fixes. Coworkers are energetic, communicative, and a pleasure to work with. With the company going public much more emphasis has been placed on sales and sales goals rather than on creating connections with customers.
This is a fun and amazing place to work.
Store Assistant, Cashier (Current Employee), Paramus, NJApril 30, 2014
Pros: benefits, flexible schedule
Cons: heavy lifting
I really love this job! The job culture is amazing and they really do care about their employees. My co-workers are amazing people and come from every path of life. I've learned so much about myself through this company and I hope to keep learning.
The hardest part of the job for me is heavy lifting. The most enjoyable part are the co-workers.
We love our employees
VISUAL SALES/MERCHANDISING (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FloridaApril 30, 2014
Cons: no hours, little pay, no advancement
We love our employees is the slogan for The Container Store, but with my experience, this only holds true for managers and full timers. As a "Prime Time" employee, not only do you get very little hours, double the work, and practically no pay, but you're also expected from the store manager to have no life outside the store. Forget about trying for an education or a second job (you can't live on a paycheck from there) because you'll be fired if you do. Advancement is a joke as well. In order to get noticed, you must pucker your lips to the biggest butt you can find. It doesn't matter how hard you work.
Great products and great people
Creative Designer & Sales Associate (Former Employee), Walnut Creek, CAMarch 25, 2014
Pros: deep discount
Cons: retail - standing all day.
If you have to work in retail, this is the place. And who doesn't want to be organized. Our customers came in looking for solutions to their challenges and we are solution driven so it's a win-win.
not your average retailer
Part-Time Associate (Current Employee), Nashville, TNMarch 19, 2014
Pros: schedules 3 weeks in advance, company culture
Cons: occasionally demanding hours
I felt well-trained and equipped for all that was asked of me. I felt not only energized and comfortable with my co-workers, but also supported and loved. Management seeks the best for their employees as people, not just extensions of the company.
Part Time Review
Sales, Cashier, (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARFebruary 6, 2014
The Container Store is a perfect place for a mom wanting to work part time, or a college student who has very specific hours they would like to work. They are very quick to give you whatever hours you request. The only drawback is how many people they hire. Though they do hire wonderful people who are very easy to work with, they hire too many people which means if you need more than 20 or 25 hours as a part timer, you won't be getting any. On a good week you will work 20 hours.

1 2 3 4

About The Container Store

The Container Store is an innovative company that sells more than 10,000 unique storage and organization solutions. We are employee-first – Read more

The Container Store Salaries