The Container Store

The Container Store Employee Reviews

Great Company to work for.
Fulfillment / Customer Service (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Attentive Staff
Cons: Growth
Great environment to work in. Great staff. Short manageable shifts. Difficult to move up. Very flexible and understanding.
Employee-first culture that doesn't live up to the hype
Sales / Visual Merchandising (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZJuly 30, 2015
Good co-workers but poor management. Very difficult to move up in the company--very few opportunities especially for men.
Family
Warehouse worker/Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Coppell, TXJuly 2, 2015
great awesome company to work for. employees come 1st before customers is a great motto to keep employees happy and always strive to take care one and another.
Fun culture.
INBOUND TEAM LEAD (Current Employee), Coppell, TXJune 27, 2015
Pros: Fun events
Cons: working weekends
A company that truly cares about it's employees and could go to work every day knowing that I would be working for a better good for the company.
The real plus is having hours that fit with employees who have children
Visual Sales Merchandising Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 25, 2015
Each day upon arrival, the employee would find out what position/area they would be working in for their shift. I learned how the visibility of items and campaigns hugely impacted sales of a particular item. The management was okay. Our manager recently was fired after corporate figured out she was the cause of massive turnovers. The hardest part of the job is lifting and removing items at the very top in the stockroom or on the floor in front of customers. Sometimes you don't have anyone to assist you so you must be extra careful as customers are below you. I enjoy the new campaigns and products we see first.
Fun workplace with fun people.
Overnight Merchandiser/Visual Sales (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 25, 2015
TCS overnight shift is fun but very different from what you see during the day. The work is very tedious and repetitive. This a great second job for those us who need supplemental income. Great for college students, actors, musicians, or in need of a second job. Management is very visible and approachable. Very relaxed working environment. Management does a very good job of being very selective with hiring new employees. Very low turnover for a retail business.
Employee First Culture
Register Sales Person (Current Employee), Brentwood, MOMay 4, 2015
Pros: Fun place to work
Cons: Very little chance of ever getting full time
TCS works to train all employees so they can be the best to service our customers. Training is on going through out your employment. It is a fun place to work.
Wonderful Company
Register Salesperson (Current Employee), Glendale, AZMay 3, 2015
Great benefits! Great people! Open door policy is true to word. I would recommend anyone with people skills and a desire to help people apply here!
Great place to meet fun people
PART TIME SALES VISUAL SALES (Current Employee), El SegundoApril 22, 2015
Pros: Discount, people
Cons: needs to work on communication, not enough hours
The container store is great at hiring fun and interesting people of all ages. Not only will you have fun with all the product, but you'll work with the best people out there.
Fun Place to Work
Seasonal Team Member (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 18, 2015
Everyone is very nice; they're almost like a family there. I never once felt uncomfortable and when you mess up, they are very understanding. The training is very helpful and they pay you for training which is more incentive to pay attention.
communication is key
DISPATCHER (Former Employee), NYC, NYMarch 4, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Cons: no free lunch
Great work environment, ability for advancement, great co-workers, great teamwork, love helping customers, love working with a reliable team.
Great People & Great Environment
Visual Sales Representative (Former Employee), Chestnut Hill, MAFebruary 24, 2015
Great place to work. The management is very organized and work hands on in store every day with the employees. Great training provided and steady bi-weekly pay.
Fast-paced environment
Transitional Team (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: friendly staff, great pay
Cons: n/a
As a Seasonal Transitional Team Member, I unpacked new stock onto shelves, while still having the product maintain visual organization. The majority of my duties consisted of: unloading stock, opening boxes, unwrapping and unpacking product in a fast but neat manner.
Exciting
Merchandising/Maintenance clerk (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 5, 2015
You will literally enjoy going to work everyday. With all the different products it becomes impossible for a customer to leave the store with out purchasing something.
The Continer store
Manhattan Logistics (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 19, 2014
This was a very people friendly environment which at times felt more like a family. Which was the Container store ideology.
Work was fast paced at times and I enjoyed most of my time there.
I got to meet a lot of people even some celebrities who frequent the store.
Great enviornment
Forklift operator (Former Employee), Coppell, TXOctober 30, 2014
Pros: many events
Cons: hire the wrong people for the job
there is something new to do every day

i learned how to operate forklifts and to be a lead. also how to speak infront of a crowd

management was good as well, they are there when you need them

great co workers but some did not want to do there share of work

my hardes part of the job was to deal with co workers who did not want to work

over all expirence i had there, i learned many great things that really help me to be a better employee and coworker.
Best Retail Job I Ever Had
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Columbus, OHOctober 7, 2014
Pros: great pay, positive team environment, room to advance, hard work is always noticed
Cons: carrying product to customers' cars in bad weather was never fun, but they give you coats to wear if it's cold or raining
The Container Store culture is one of enthusiasm and teamwork. They set the bar high on the services they provide customers, but it never goes unrewarded. Daily and weekly team meetings to talk about sales goals is typical, but the meetings are approached in a positive way -- one that gets you excited to work hard to meet those goals as a team. Holiday time in retail environments can be stressful, but at The Container Store, you can be chosen to give gift wrapping demonstrations to customers and it is so much fun. Management team worked hard but they always were approachable and helpful. Pay and benefits were the best I have seen in most retail sales associate positions. They encourage promotion from within and many people stay on with the company for years.
Pretty Good Place... For Retail
Visual Sales Lead (Current Employee), Lone Tree, COSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: good pay for retail industry, good people, overall happy atmosphere
Cons: poor medical benefits, changing culture, retail hours, high physical demand
Retail hours and demands, including working many holidays, nights, and weekends.
Average to poor healthcare benefits for Full Time employees
Management required to work extra hours, typically working 50-60 hours a week
Public Company means that stakeholders have made for a higher demand for profitability, lower payroll, and changing the company culture from "Employee First" to "Profit First"
Employee First Culture
Full-Time Sales (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PASeptember 22, 2014
Pros: salary, co-workers
Cons: long retail hours
The Container Store has been a good place to work and has taught me about sales and how retail operates. Excellent pay and excellent staff.
Excellent company to work for
Sales (Current Employee), Southern CaliforniaSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, benefits, great co-workers, decent pay.
Cons: management leadership, lack of discipline
Each day at The Container Store, I get to work with a fabulous team. We each support each other and work great together to get the job done. I feel productive in my position and love the atmosphere. This company has its moments, just like any other company, where sometimes the direction and leadership can be questionable. However, the company as a whole, takes great care of their employees and does their best to ensure each individual has the full support of the business at all times.
Headquarters