The Container Store Employee Reviews

Not all it’s cracked up to be
Part Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 20, 2018
They give you a false sense of security, make you believe they want your opinion until they realize you have a mind of your own than it’s all down hill from there. When they say “we drank the kook-aid” it’s not a joke. Very cultish environment with passive aggressive management.
Pros
Good pay, benefits
Cons
Toxic environment
Bad company
na (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXFebruary 15, 2018
They only let in people who are friends. They are not an equal opportunity employer. They are backstabbing and cut throat type of people. Stay away from this company!
Pros
Cons
all
Amazing part time work
Part Time Visual Sales (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 14, 2018
Working for this company is the best situation one could expect for working part time. The only major benefit not covered was PTO. Time off was approved, just not paid. $12 per hour 2 years ago in Miami, I'm sure its different starting pay now. Everyone smiles. Most days are different from the last.Naturally, in a retail environment, they want you to sell....But with this store they are more concerned with solving a customer's need than the money spent. Good work is noticed and appreciated.
Pros
Great environment, usually upbeat, good benefits
Cons
few full time positions available
Fun place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Livingston, NJFebruary 9, 2018
Everyone I work with at the Container Store is super nice. It's a fun light environment. I wasn't stuck to the same job every shift which I thought was cool. Some days I'd be on register but another day I'd be doing click and pick up orders. Keeps it interesting.
The most enjoyable part of the job
VISUAL STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAFebruary 8, 2018
I love working with people day in and day out weather internal or external. I love training and developing the team on new procedures and policies. Worked with a great group of people.
Very relaxed and fun environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 6, 2018
Working at the container store provides you with a very clear cut schedule of what tasks are at hand for the day. The people are wonderful to work with.
Overnight Merchandise Processing
Merchandising (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 5, 2018
The job is ok. The manager and supervisors are easy to get along with. Some of the co-workers can be a bit immature, but aside from that, it pays the bills.
Cons
Strenuous work and low hourly wage.
Excellent Retail Environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 26, 2018
On any given day at The Container Store I walk in knowing what to expect with abundant resources to stay informed about the company, it's mission, and daily/quarterly goals. I have learned valuable skills, chiefly, in customer service, workplace professionalism, and personal accountability. The management team is open, approachable, and carries many years of skill and knowledge. The staff is diverse and meticulously selected from the top of a large pool of applicants. We are given a focused training period that is much longer than most retailers, which adds to customer satisfaction in that they can be guaranteed to speak with employees that are well versed in product knowledge and organization. Customer service can be the most challenging aspect of any business but at The Container Store there are many resources and fellow employees working together to perform at the top of the game at all times.
Pros
Benefits, Pto, Workplace Discount
Cons
Part-time hours can vary, Physical limitations
Creative, cooperative team, average pay
Visual Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 23, 2018
Employees are bright, motivated, cooperative, friendly, and excited. Discount is great. Hours are variable and flexible. Work can be physically demanding but is generally enjoyable and fulfilling. Customer interaction is both the best and worst part of any retail position, but the majority of Container Store customers are positive and thankful for assistance.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Part-time health insurance is minimal, only preventive care is covered, vast majority of healthcare needs are unmet, Mental health care is not covered.
Productive and Fun Place to Work
Visual Sales/Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJanuary 21, 2018
The Container Store offered flexible and varied work hours and shifts in a fast-paced and inventive environment. The company had several annual promotions that encouraged employee creativity in regards to customer interaction and product placement within the retail store.
Fantastic culture
Sales (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 20, 2018
Great place to work with strong culture that values collaboration, growth and community. Constructive feedback is encouraged, and leadership works hard to create a warm environment that rewards passion and commitment.
A well oiled machine
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fortworth, TexasJanuary 10, 2018
Efficiency is the base of all activity here. Because of that yout job as a stock assistant is fairly straightforward as it is a case of following steps and repeating. I've never seen teamwork like it in my life. I love that kind of enviroment and Container Store hits it out the park.
Pros
Health care plan at any level
Cons
Early hours
productive and fast paced
Merchandise Processor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 9, 2018
it was a productive fast paced environment. It was great for part time while I was going to school full time, but not really much career advancement. Management wasn't as good as it could have been and were not understanding at all about missing any days of work even if you were sick. Not paid time off at this company for part timers.
Pros
15 minute breaks
Good company, just not for me
WAREHOUSE EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJanuary 9, 2018
I worked in the Distribution Center. They require a fast paced performance, that just didn't suit me. Good people, good company. Benefits are above average.
Don't forget, it's still retail
Part-Time Visual Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJanuary 8, 2018
Decent place with decent people. Corporate seemed like a bit of a mess at the time. Too much focus on keeping payroll under budget, especially when more staff are needed on the floor.
Great at first...
HUMAN RESOURCES / TRAINING LEAD (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAJanuary 8, 2018
They welcome you in and warm you up but if you aren't 100% their "type" forget it... Management seems supportive until you disagree even one bit and then you are ousted.
Great place to work!!
Area Director (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJanuary 6, 2018
Wonderful company culture!! Employee first. Amazing, nurturing work environment--focused on employee growth and development. Genuine care and support for all employees. Team-oriented--focused on working hard while having fun. Blessed to have had 21 incredible years with the company. A company with leadership at all levels that "walks the talk".
Left for family/personal reasons and relocated to a city with only one Container Store--no management opportunities, unfortunately--otherwise I would still be a TCS-er!
If you have the opportunity to join this amazing company--DO!!
Pros
Amazing company culture
Cons
None!
Simple
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VADecember 19, 2017
My experience within the store was fun at times interacting with different types of customers and co-workers while learning about the different products we offer.
Very Positive Experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYDecember 19, 2017
This company is a wonder to work for and i have no problems working with them. They really take care of their customers and workers better than any company I've ever witnessed. The differences between this company and many others is night and day and they are a great organization.
Great Place to Work
Sales/Merchandise Processing Associate (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLDecember 10, 2017
Great place to work! I would recommend to anyone to apply. It's a creative and collaborative environment. You get to help people get organized and that's pretty awesome.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Container Store. Our community is ready to answer.