The Conti Group Employee Reviews

Good Company
Estimator (Former Employee) –  South Plainfield, NJJanuary 23, 2017
I had limited experience working in Conti Group in the early days of my career. Great work environment. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for growth opportunities.
Long hours, low pay, little to no appreciation
Civil Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJNovember 7, 2016
They expect typical 45-50 hour work weeks, yet will not compensate overtime. Upper management was very arrogant; chatting audibly and contributing very little in comparison to the younger workforce. Very little genuine appreciation for work done as "it is expected simply to maintain position". You can tell who is in a position due to their work nature while many others are simply in good relations with upper management. Breaks are always rushed due to the pressure. Reminded me of how my friend at Goldman Sachs describes his days, yet pays 1/6 what he makes...very disappointing experience.
Long hours!! Understaffed
full time employee (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJNovember 4, 2015
Great work experience but that's it. Some great and friendly employees. Your promised so much from recruiting, when you get in you work very hard long hours with little training. Would never recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Some friendly people, great parking
Cons
Management is it ver educated. Not sure who screens these people
If your a robot,you will get along just fine
foreman (Current Employee) –  new yorkJanuary 3, 2015
Run like the military.Management has a definite pecking order that they constantly flaunt. Arrogant top managers. No job security; they brag about how they fire 20 year plus seniority employees for one screwup. They despise unions because they can't get away with abusing them.
Other than that,it's just a wonderful place to work!
Wouldn't recommend it
Junior Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJDecember 17, 2012
Odd hours. Have to be at work at 7am and close at 5pm. Which means you're working 45 hours a week but paid less than people working 40 hours a week elsewhere. You're better off taking a job at burger king.
Very large company in business for over 100 years
Estimator (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJune 1, 2012
Their main focus is Army Corp of Engineer work which is awarded on value, rather than low bid. I started at a subsiderary of Conti, Lehigh Fabrication in Whitehall, PA, which closed based a corporate decision.
Typical day started at 7:00AM and ended at 5:30PM. I was able to learn HCSS, OST and AGTEK which are programs used in estimating. Management had several tiers and was well thought out. They used a program called Sucess Factors. Coworkers were top of the line employees. I only really worked at 3 different locations prior, but normally I would have been considered one the most reliable and business savy employees. At Conti almost every employee was one. They only wanted the best and paid accordingly.
The hardest part of the job was 4hr commute (2hrs to 2hr back).
The best part was the respect the company has in the industry. If you asked for a quote or work to be done, most would be eager to comply. It was a clean enviroment with the latest equipment and people who knew how to use it.
Pros
good people, excellant benefits, all company outings and there was several, were first class.
Cons
amount of hours, standard day was a minimum of 10 hours, 5 days a week, most employees worked alot more

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Conti Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6