The Conti Group

The Conti Group Employer Reviews

Very large company in business for over 100 years
Estimator (Former Employee), Edison, NJJune 1, 2012
Pros: good people, excellant benefits, all company outings and there was several, were first class.
Cons: amount of hours, standard day was a minimum of 10 hours, 5 days a week, most employees worked alot more
Their main focus is Army Corp of Engineer work which is awarded on value, rather than low bid. I started at a subsiderary of Conti, Lehigh Fabrication in Whitehall, PA, which closed based a corporate decision.
Typical day started at 7:00AM and ended at 5:30PM. I was able to learn HCSS, OST and AGTEK which are programs used in estimating. Management – more... had several tiers and was well thought out. They used a program called Sucess Factors. Coworkers were top of the line employees. I only really worked at 3 different locations prior, but normally I would have been considered one the most reliable and business savy employees. At Conti almost every employee was one. They only wanted the best and paid accordingly.
The hardest part of the job was 4hr commute (2hrs to 2hr back).
The best part was the respect the company has in the industry. If you asked for a quote or work to be done, most would be eager to comply. It was a clean enviroment with the latest equipment and people who knew how to use it. – less