The Continental Group Employee Reviews

Excellent company
Present Building Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 13, 2017
I enjoyed working at the Continental group over six years.
The Regional manager was excellent, and Continental as a whole was very well run.
However, when they became First Service Residential many things changed.
They had most of their bldgs. in Dade County and I wasn't willing to travel that far any longer.
The building I was at for 6 years was also going through changes with the board, which was originally excellent
Pros
Excellent company, great benefits
Cons
New changes created so much paperwork and red tape.
property management 101
Receptionist / Admin (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLDecember 21, 2016
i was young and eager to learn a new field. i for the most part worked the front desk. also assisted the property management with any of the tenants' needs, on a daily basis.
enjoyed job
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 7, 2016
I like the company and the perks it offered its owners that used this company as their management. For example 15% discounts at Home Depot, personal concierge for travel plans. I enjoyed all co-workers and staff
Pros
great staff
Cons
Great career opportunities for experience
Front Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach FlDecember 5, 2013
I am a current employee and it isn't a bad company but if you work on site at a property its pretty much the luck of the draw on your personal experience due to the fact that every property has a different property manager but I've worked in 3 condos and 2/3 I've worked the property managers will do everything they can to overwork you. If your apart time employee they won't give you benefits but will have no problem giving you fulltime work hours they just try and avoid paying medical insurance and payed holidays. It is a good company to work for while going to school
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Work holidays rude property manager
Bad experience
front desk floater (Current Employee) –  miamiApril 28, 2013
I had the worse experience ever working with them,the front desk team leader at Akoya Condominium in miami beach she is like the owner of the building and the general manager is just a puppet beside that they take money under the desk and do personal favors to special residents that is not professionalism and valet parking smoke weed and they know it but they dont take any action because what happens in akoya stays in akoya.Is that the company you want to work for? Thanks god i was just a floater and i will never work for them again.
Pros
good salary
Cons
isn't worth it
Strong & Independent
Company Courier (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMay 21, 2014
As I worked here at the Continental Group I made many friends, I met and interacted with many great coworkers and It was a privilege working with such a large group of friends and workers. The company's condo managers were all outstanding and great to see each and everyday. The hardest part of my job was the long drives and the most enjoyable part was the human interaction and freedom and independence.
Pros
coworkers, benefits
Cons
no advancement or ethics
Room For Improvement
Front Desk Area Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 26, 2013
Great benefits - poor communication and employee incentives. Met wonderful residents at many locations. Good overall, just stay out of the politics.
Pros
Benefits, Christmas
Cons
Little incentives from corporate, poor communication.
Was an OK Property Management Co
Community Association Manager (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLFebruary 6, 2014
The really don't take care of the employees needs very well.

Low salary

Job placement at properties
Pros
Property Management Job
Fun Company
Front Desk Team Supervisor (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 24, 2013
The job is a wonderful job the company is very good to work for also
Pros
Great Benifits
Cons
dont loose the contract of the building you working in they will not keep your pay the same
Look to work somewhere else
Worker Bee (Former Employee) –  The Continental GroupJanuary 29, 2013
This place is a joke. Middle management spends so much time overworking their employees, you have no time to take a lunch and if you do you are looked upon as a non team player. No use telling the Executive Team, they've heard it all and don't care. If you're not happy don't complain, find another job.
This company isn't loyal to anyone and it's all about CYA (cover your a**) and it doesn't matter if you work hard or not it's never hard enough, not to mention they never give you the tools you need to perform you job but expect you to do it anyway.
Take my advice, keep looking but don't come here to work. I don't know anyone here that is happy. Everyone is always looking for another job.
Property Manager
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Florida/ New Jersey EmployerMay 2, 2015
I have been a Property Manager for over twenty years. I have managed residential high rises, HOA’s, condominiums, office buildings, a mobile home park, shopping centers and industrial properties. My strong skills are in resident relations, rent/maintenance collections, maintenance-(EPA certified), budgets and long range financial planning. Personally involved with training security, maintenance and leasing personnel, including all the eviction work for multiple properties. I was a Supreme Court Certified County Mediator which has been very helpful in the property management field. Please review my resume, as I am looking for a position as a Community Manager, or Regional Manager in the residential or commercial industry. After working for a large New Jersey developer as well as New Jersey board members for the last 20 years in Florida, I have permanently relocated back to New Jersey. I look forward to meeting with you in the near future.
They will cut your job . to get a new contract in condo's
maintenance/hsk manager (Former Employee) –  gulfport /st.petersburg fla.May 13, 2013
I worked there 4 yrs. no complaints. new contract was up a couple of board members wanted a change in managment. (sterling management then. Now continental group)st.petersburg fla.!st. a new maintenance man is hired by the secratery of the gm. not the maint. supervisor. when ask why they said to help me out. that I was too busy.B.S.
I already had 6 maint men I interviewed all. then the write ups started out of no where. never had been written up prior to that.New maint. said he say ad on craigs list for new maint. suprvisor
denied by gm. and secratery of cource. OLd manager went to another proprty managed by continental. new manager wrote me up again for B.S.they got there new contract I got unemployment.for being let go for no reason contenental sucks esp.in st. petersburg fla.
Pros
Staff doing the best they can. with a 20 yr.employee secratery calling the shots
Cons
back stabbing management.Will lie cheat and.. to get new management contract
management
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLNovember 20, 2015
oversaw all aspects of management .Which included the ability to solve all problems presented to me.People weer great to work with. Knew that I could get the support I needed to be efficient.
Cons
Productive and fun workplace with a great environment.
Club Facilitator/Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 8, 2012
A typical day at work includes me opening up and making sure everything is in order. Once the community starts coming to the pool and gym it keeps me busy. I have to document who comes in and out of the club. I also am in charge of moving furniture when there is a party that is being held by a homeowner at the club in one of the party rooms. Throughout the day there is paperwork and other duties a front desk position would have. I also close up at the end of my work days. I work unsupervised for two out of three days. The hardest part of my job is being in two places at once. I have to be at the front desk as well as watch the pool, but I somehow manage to do it. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help people with what they need when they come to use the facilities and to just let them enjoy their time here.
management is good, but employee's attitudes are a disaster
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLMay 9, 2012
Working for them was excellent at the beginning, but as the months passed by i started to notice, when working for big corporations is a disaster. Headquarters are never aware of big situations or maybe ignore them. Co-workers sometimes get out of control and are extremely rude. Dealing with the costumers was already a struggle and take attitude from your co-workers did not help at all to get through the day. I did learn a lot from the field and liked the job but working for them it was not a great experience! And i worked for big corporations before
This company outbid a company I was currently working for
Design Review and Compliance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Watersound Beach, FloridaJuly 31, 2015
Difficult situation to describe as my job was deleted due to monetary cut backs. I would have enjoyed staying at the property as it is a beautiful location
Pros
Absolutely beautiful environment to work at
Cons
Job was terminated due to monetary constraints
The Esplanade on the New River
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FloridaFebruary 16, 2015
Working as Front Desk Manager it was a good experience with the residents at the property. It was not a good experience with the
management of the property. I would say 50 % of co-workers were
very enjoyable to work with.
Pros
No pros.
Cons
Would not allow meal's breaks.
Brand new highrise experience
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 5, 2013
The Continental Group is now FSR. Started with Continental in November of 2010 with a new luxury construction project in Miami. Office momentum was extreme being that we started from scratch. Created directives, protocols and applications to make the association run internally and externally. Hiring staff, executing sub-contracts for security and maintenance services. The days were long but got shorter as order and routines were sent in place.
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale at Las Olas Grand CondominiumNovember 5, 2012
* I never had any typical day being working there
* I had learned how to solve residents's issues
* I had good working relations ship with The Property Manager
* I got alone with my co - workers
* There had been no hardest part of the job I could not handle
* The most enjoyable part of my job knowing that the residents
issues have always been met.

* If I had another chance to rehire, I would be very enthusiastic continue working this Company once in for all.
Inept Management - The Cover Your Rear Squad - Dania
After Hours Emergencies (Former Employee) –  DaniaDecember 29, 2012
Worked Christmas, because no one showed up for the 12am to 8am shift. Management "forgot" to schedule someone. Worked New Years, because everyone else called in sick and I felt sorry for them. Worked a crazy shift schedule to help them get over "employee issues." I was new, what did I know. Then they hired a large woman that has no experience in management to manage, rather than promote from within. Then she hired an even less experienced person to handle after hours, again instead of promoting from within, as she was most likely having an inapproriate relationship with him and she knew him from a previous job they both got fired from. He never even was trained for the job, then started making changes that over rode years of well thought out protocol and rules. Then the large woman decided that I should come in even earlier for day work as well as many employees had left the company because of her. Upper management didnt care, because unbeknownst to her, she was just a thing that was to be fired at any moment when stuff hit the fan. This is how management protects themselves. I quit without a days notice because I have other options. If you work here, it is because McDonalds is not hiring and you have no other options in life. I feel sorry for you. Work here, and you will be a "King or Queen Loser". You've been warned! If you do work here, most employees only last a few months. Thats how the "trainer" protects her job with endless training. The Owner should be aware of this, but from what I heard, he doesnt much care either as this company is not profitable and the call centers  more... in the USA will most likely be moved to the Philipines and everyone will soon be out of a job.  less
Pros
my check cleared the bank every week
Cons
the usa operations are moving to the philipines and everyone there will be out of a job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Continental Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5