ELASTIC SEARCH - LUCENE – SOLR - Web Developers
We are looking for solid developers with Elastic Search, Lucene, or Solr experience. The below is an outline of what our Backend Developer role is but in this instance we are looking for any developer with experience on Elastic Search, Lucene or Solr. Let us know if you do. We would be happy to chat with you.
WEB DEVELOPERS (PHP/MySQL)
Bored at your current job? Talents not appreciated? Looking for more autonomy? If you have the skills, we have the thrills. Our company is growing fast and we need top talent to help take us to the next level. We have a developer culture here and we don't want to micromanage, nitpick or interfere with your work.
WHO YOU ARE:
- An expert Object Oriented PHP programmer (or equivalent experience in another server side web scripting language)
- Have solid experience building scalable web applications using open source technology
- View programming as “your craft” and have strong opinions on the subject
- Want to gain further experience scaling a high traffic website to millions of requests/day
- Dream in data structures
- Experience with Redis is nice to have
- Experience with NginX is nice to have
- Experience with Elastic Search, Lucene, Solr, or Hadoop is a bonus
- Knowledgeable in HTTP/DNS/Inet protocols
- Strong understanding of web standards-based HTML(5) / CSS(3) / AJAX coding.
- Confident in a Linux environment using bash and vi/emacs
- Use a design pattern when you can and write reusable code
- Have used MVC (Zend FW/Codeigniter)
- Use Distributed Version Control
- Raise an eyebrow when people say “Big Data” and enjoy playing with stats
- Familiar with functional programming languages
- Live in the cloud
NO TELECOMMUTING - WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE LOCATED IN OR WILLING TO RELOCATE TO THE SAN DIEGO AREA. RELOCATION ASSISTANCE CAN BE PROVIDED.
WHO WE ARE:
- A 3 yr old, VERY profitable, stable company
- Bootstrapped and not at the whims of a V.C.
- Offer an above average compensation package
- A team of nerds who take pride in being able to serve hundreds of request/second using very little resources
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and fun team
- XBOX, Call of Duty, Halo, and Office Ping Pong table
- Have “Drafternoon” every Friday (ask us about it)
- Located right on the beach in PB
- Growing very rapidly – looking to hire 18-20 more Engineers/Web Developers over the next 9 months
- Currently have a team of 26 people at our headquarters in Pacific Beach and a call center staff of 100 in Las Vegas
Experience with Internet Marketing, Split Testing, eCommerce, SEO, and Affiliate Marketing are all nice bonuses but are not required.
Interested? We want to hear from you!