Senior Web Designer/Developer
We are seeking a highly-skilled, experienced web designer/developer to help support our marketing and application teams by developing user interface designs, creating landing page concepts, and collaborating with other coders to build out custom web applications. The ideal candidate has a wide range of skills and can build out a web application from concept to completion with minimal direction. We are looking for a start-up type individual who is passionate about solving problems and has a high standard of quality when it comes to execution.
- Advanced knowledge of HTML5 and CSS
- Deep knowledge of cross-browser implementation
- An understanding of higher-level development concepts like “progressive enhancement” and “responsive design”
- Advanced knowledge of user interface design and usability concepts and best practices
- Experience using the command line
- Experience with Git or another distributed versioning system
- Advanced knowledge of PHP
- Experience with an MVC framework like Zend or CodeIgniter
- Experience with MySQL or NoSQL
- Experience with creating AJAX calls and working with Restful APIs
- Advanced knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator
- Knowledge of fundamental design principles
- Experience with a CSS pre-processor like LESS or SASS
- Experience with other server-side technologies like Node.JS
- Experience with Redis
- Experience with Hadoop
- Experience setting up a hosting environment
You will primarily be working with our application development and split-testing teams building out new features to existing web applications and optimizing consumer-facing landing pages. You will also have the chance to learn new technologies and experiment with new ideas on our high-traffic site.
This is a full-time position with PTO and health benefits and would require you to work in our Pacific Beach (San Diego) office. Just yards from the beach, our newly-renovated office has a fridge stocked with Red Bull (and other beverages), an open and collaborative workspace, Xbox 360, company surfboards, and lots of big screen LCD TVs among other things.
This is not a position for the lazy or unmotivated, but if you are driven and passionate about your work, the environment is low-stress without any micro-management.
Please provide a portfolio of your best and most recent work in order to be considered for this position.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR AN INDIVIDUAL, NO DEVELOPMENT COMPANIES – NO RECRUITERS!!!