The Core Institute

The Core Institute United States Employee Reviews

I wished I never worked here.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: the doctor i worked for
Cons: everything else
They don't care about their employees, everything comes from the top down not from the bottom up. It is very much about who you know and who likes you to move anywhere.

I've seen some excellent people be let go and some mediocre lazy people stay. They make huge decisions without thinking them all the way through. And the patients are the ones being effected by this.

I wouldn't be surprised if they went bankrupt.
i loved this company, but lacks communication
Billing Specialist I (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: lack of communication
This was a great company to work for, but i felt like i was wrongfully terminated due to miss communication with my former supervisor and HR Dept.
Not a great place to work
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee), Sun city westNovember 29, 2014
Cons: drama, favortism, clicks, back stabbing, lying from management
CORE use to be about its employees now they're about dominating the Ortho market. It's who you know and not what you know or how good you do your job.
Excellent providers
Scheduler (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 19, 2014
Pros: treated like family
Cons: manager with no experience supervising people. promised promotions that never happened
In the year that I worked at the CORE Institute, I was pressured to accomplish unattainable goals. I worked very hard to accomplish those goals and fell short weekly. Not only me but my coworkers also fell short of these goals.
I enjoyed my job of helping patients behind the scenes. I did however miss working directly with the patients.
Some very kind people.
Billing Assistant/Cash Applications (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 27, 2014
My co-workers were wonderful. They were helpful and considerate. I learned to identify many different documents such as; VA forms, Medicare forms, and most insurance companies forms.
started in 07-08
core (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 13, 2014
Pros: pay, growth
Cons: drama, favortism, clicks, back stabbing
CORE use to be about its employees now they're about dominating the Ortho market. It's who you know and not what you know.
Productive and fun
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee), North PhoenixAugust 13, 2014
Pros: learning something new every day
Cons: non
Working at The Core was not only a great work experience ,but also a great place to work. I enjoyed going to work everyday knowing that I was going to experience something new. I learned a great deal of new things such as casting and casting removal. The managers are really helpful and very cooperative and they listen to your every need, my fellow employees are also really helpful and really friendly. I like the fact that as an employee we are all treated equally and no one was less or more than anyone. Being productive is one of my everyday goals and at The Core there is always something to do.
Dedicated Doctors
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee), 18444 n 25th Ave Suite 310, Phoenix, AzJune 16, 2014
The Core Institute cares for it's patients and I really appreciated the dedication of the Doctors there. I worked in the Contact Center as a Patient Care Coordinator. We were to do "One Call Resolutions" which means that no matter what the problem was we either needed to get the right answers from the patients chart or send a message to the appropriate person. I learned to use EMR program as well as GE Centricity program. The leads are helpful with questions that we need help with. My coworkers were professionals and had awesome customer services skills. At times when our evening lead could not be on site during shift we had to use are best judgments for patient issues. I feel that I was really able to help our spanish speaking patients/parents because I was the only bilingual speaker 3 nights a week on the night shift and I really loved being able to help them.
Exciting place to work and grow in your skill set
Medical Records Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 24, 2014
Pros: i had my own office
Cons: hours
Loved working for The CORE Institute. A variety of tasks to complete every day. Working at your own pace while keeping within the required guidelines.
Very Busy Environment
Manager of Human Resources (Former Employee), Sun City West, AZOctober 14, 2013
At the time, it was a very fast pase, new environment. Great place to work.
Worst change
Medical assistant (Former Employee), MiOctober 7, 2013
Cons: lack of patient care/ confusion
Worst merger ever. This destroyed patient care. Revolving door is right!
Just another job
Medical Records Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 19, 2013
the most enjoyable part of the job is the free lunches. The Core has a revolving door
It was a great place to work
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee), Sun City, AZJuly 24, 2013
Pros: the people i was working with.
Cons: on fridays sometimes it would get slow in the office
It was a great place to work the other MA's there were very friendly and helpful. The doctors were all nice. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with the patients. The hardest part of the job was sometimes when the doctors would get behind and some of the patients would get mad and think it was our fault but I would just smile at them and say I am sorry that the doctor is behind but some patients require a bit longer with the doctor than others.. A typical day at work would get pretty busy. I learned how to room patients how to use the EMR system, how to draw up injections for the doctor , how to fax, how to scan updates into the patients chart, how to set up the room for injections and minor procedures, how to set up surgery charts, how to confirm physical therapy appointments, how to enter new patient information.
work in progress
Orthopedic Technician (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 23, 2013
Pros: few
Cons: many
company is currently suffering from many growing and changing pains
Productive and Hard Working Team
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee), Phoenix ArizonaMay 21, 2013
Pros: team work
Everyone worked together as a team their was no one left behind when in need of help.
scheduling surgery
Front Office Lead/Clinic Lead (Current Employee), SCWOctober 30, 2012
Pros: you learn at lot
Cons: volume is to great
Coordinating patient’s surgery to include making reservations at the hospital, arranging anesthesia, and communicating with PCP office. Coordinating with Vendors of surgical devices/implants representatives and surgical assistants. Providing necessary educations, instructions and paperwork and confirming all steps with all parties prior to the surgery date. Educating the patient’s on insurances and of common-used concepts, practices, and procedures. Supervised over seventeen staff members and responsible for daily operation of the clinic. Responsible for hiring, training, and orientation of new employees. Working in close proximity with physician, physician assistants, surgery scheduler, and triage nurse to provide excellent customer service. Handling complaints, greeting patients, checking in and out patients. Charge posting, verification of benefits, obtain authorization for test, and physical therapy. Scheduling consultation and established appointments patients for nine plus doctors. Also scheduling x- ray’s, injections, MRI, answering phones and maintaining lobby area. Routing calls to appropriate departments. Collecting co-payment and past balances. Balancing out monetary, credit cards, and check transactions collected daily. Updating and entering current and new patient information. Printing super bills proof reading. Opening closing and preparing office daily.
n/a
Medical Assistant Externship Student (Former Employee), Sun City West , AZOctober 1, 2012
Pros: 1 hr lunch
Cons: n/a
I was a student doing 300 hours of externshiptime nothing realy to say, it is a very good company to work for.
A fun and positive learning environment for children to learn foundational skills.
Academic Motor therapist (Former Employee), Alice DriveMarch 3, 2012
The Core is a fantastic gym-like environment helping children to reach their athletic and academic potential.