The Core Institute Employee Reviews

Productive work place
Patient Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 16, 2016
a typical day would be answering phones, verify insurance and schedule patients. I learned how to view referrals and call patients to schedule and to verify insurance online. Management was pretty good, I didn't approve on how they really ran the business, and believe it couldve been ran a little better. My Co workers were great and very friendly. The hardest part of the job was hearing the story of how the accident happen and the most enjoyable part of my job was cheering up the patients.
Very Horrible Experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LASeptember 9, 2016
I most certainly wouldn't recommend anyone to work their. Very unprofessional, management treat employees very poor, co-workers are very snobbish. The hardest part of my job was trying to get to know everyone. Management and Co-workers have such BAD attitudes. If you like a gossip, bad attitudes, and very judgmental work environment then I would recommend this job.

Lafayette, LA
Productive workplace
Medical Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 2, 2016
This job was a bit of a learning experience, but my longevity there allowed me to soak in a ton of knowledge. Again, I loved my co-workers and the DR's that I worked for showed great compassion.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Long days
Was a great place to learn more about my training in school
Extern MA (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 14, 2016
worked with 2 surgeons. and the MA's I was placed with tought me alot. It was also a good place to learn about the EMR system. and to put my practical skills to use.
Paid for their title
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sun City, AZMay 27, 2016
They give the employees out this survey that traces back to them so of course they have to say something nice but I am no longer a worker there and I will speak my mind this job is like Sweet Valley High. The management does not take responsibility for their mishaps, they do not show any appreciation to the staff whatsoever when we put up with a lot. The little people are what runs the company so the people above us have no clue. This job is not a stable company if you feel like you will be here for a long time you're wrong!!! You never know when you are there they will fire a group of 40 people then turn around and paste a job to hire the same people for the positions they let go when you have exceeded and work your butt off.
Pros
The MA's become like family
Cons
Managment and responsibilities
Very friendly place to work
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Sun City West, AZMay 14, 2016
The Core Intitute was one of my favorite places to work. Very friendly work force and everyone was on board to teach you anything you needed to know.
Pros
education work place
Cons
paperwork to computer change
Doctors are nice
Surgical Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIFebruary 17, 2016
The people are nice but the company as a whole only cares about money, money, and money. Management is a joke and nobody ever knows whats going on. Pay is good but benefits are horrible so u are broke after paying for health insurance for a family. Overall not a great place to be employed.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Healthcare
Awesome
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZNovember 23, 2015
It was a great work place. It gave me experience and an opportunity to grow in the company. It would be busy but efficient. The managers and co-workers worked all together and made the best possible for patients to feel comfortable.
The credentialing department was very unorganized
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 13, 2015
Performs all duties related to privileging, credentialing, recredentialing, hospital credentialing and reapointments.
Primary source verification
All processes for Provider privileging including prepares provider files for privileging committee.
Collects status of all information from providers and health plans, requests privileging, credentialing, recredentialing and contracting information.
Ensures privileging, credentialing and recredentialing is completed in a timely manner.
Coordinate preparation and routing distribution of all documents including credentialing, recredentialing and hospital credentialing to complete all processes in a timely and thorough manner, fast track processes according to health plan guidelines tracking health plan system.
Resolve all past, present and outstanding, privileging, recredentialing and issues.
amazing company lots of practice management changes
Surgery Scheduler/PCC (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AzAugust 10, 2015
prepped surgeons cases for the day, contact to hospital OR daily for emergancy add ons and rotating the schedile. i was in charge of 5 doctors and thier schedules professional and personal. When I started there were three schedulers at my location within three months I was the only on for 7 MD's, that was the hardest part since I would have to come in at 6am and normally stayed until after 8pm as well as working most weekends. Through out my time there we went through three other schedulers and 5 practice managers. Most enjoyable part of the day was when there were no changes to the schedule.
Pros
I enjoyed staying busy
Cons
not enough support help for me once our practice started to take on more patients
Very busy, not enough staff to keep up with volume
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 17, 2015
Very very very busy and fast paced. A lot of politics within management. I enjoyed being around my coworkers. but this was not a good fit for me to be stuck at a computer 8-9 hours every. If you are looking for over time to make extra money, this is the place for you. However, do not feel bad if you say no.
review
Scrub Technician (Current Employee) –  Sun City, AZJune 16, 2015
Was a good company, willing to help people learn and grow. Loved working with the doctors, valley anesthesia and x-ray.
Pros
new management is great
Cons
disappointed in the past management
Great work place
Medicare Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 29, 2015
A great location and call center base. The company is growing and has a lot of opportunity for new and welcoming faces. Opening offices in multiple states, give the world of research and education and giant leap.
The Core Institute
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 9, 2015
It's a great place to work and advance my career. I enjoy the management as well as my colleagues. If fits well with my life.
Terrible place to work
Assistant (Former Employee) –  MichiganApril 11, 2015
Worst place I've ever worked. Communication between management and employees was non existent. Fired because physician didn't "like" me. They are only interested in Money, Money, Money; Full of drama, clicks and back stabbing. HR was non exsistent, only listed to what physicians had to say didn't care
Pros
Cons
too many to list
I wished I never worked here.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 25, 2015
They don't care about their employees, everything comes from the top down not from the bottom up. It is very much about who you know and who likes you to move anywhere.

I've seen some excellent people be let go and some mediocre lazy people stay. They make huge decisions without thinking them all the way through. And the patients are the ones being effected by this.

I wouldn't be surprised if they went bankrupt.
Pros
The Doctor I worked for
Cons
Everything else
i loved this company, but lacks communication
Billing Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 8, 2015
This was a great company to work for, but i felt like i was wrongfully terminated due to miss communication with my former supervisor and HR Dept.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
lack of communication
Not a great place to work
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sun city westNovember 29, 2014
CORE use to be about its employees now they're about dominating the Ortho market. It's who you know and not what you know or how good you do your job.
Cons
drama, favortism, clicks, back stabbing, lying from management
Excellent providers
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 19, 2014
In the year that I worked at the CORE Institute, I was pressured to accomplish unattainable goals. I worked very hard to accomplish those goals and fell short weekly. Not only me but my coworkers also fell short of these goals.
I enjoyed my job of helping patients behind the scenes. I did however miss working directly with the patients.
Pros
treated like family
Cons
Manager with no experience supervising people. Promised promotions that never happened
Some very kind people.
Billing Assistant/Cash Applications (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 27, 2014
My co-workers were wonderful. They were helpful and considerate. I learned to identify many different documents such as; VA forms, Medicare forms, and most insurance companies forms.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Core Institute. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7