The Corvallis Clinic Employee Reviews

Big organization with great administration.
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Corvallis, ORJuly 3, 2017
This is a big organization with many different locations and specialties so I think our experiences are going to vary quite a bit. My experience is that the overall administration is great and they have fantastic doctors - this is important because it is physician owned.

In my little corner of The Clinic, I have an amazing boss, friends for coworkers, and good work life balance.
Pros
It pays the bills! Work that makes a difference.
Cons
Boring break room.
Fine for right out of school
National Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORJune 18, 2017
If you're right out of college, Corvallis Clinic is a good place to get your foot in the door. However, don't expect any fair pay or great management. They only care about making money. Corvallis Clinic doesn't care about employees lives. I was diagnosed with cancer when I worked there, had to resign and my manager said she wouldn't allow me to put in my two weeks because I wasn't being "loyal" by leaving them. She didn't care about me or my personal life. They only care about who shows up. Horrible health care. No advancement opportunities.
Pros
Patients are nice
Cons
Literally everything else
The clinic is right for the right people
Medical Office Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORJune 12, 2017
Great doctors but there are poor managers unfortunately. You will always find place you work for that will not always be a good fit and eventually after 10 years and a new manager, this place wasnt a good fit for me and the several others who were let go
horrible place to work for
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORApril 21, 2017
did not care who you were. You were just a number. They wanted to keep their staff from leaving called everyone to a yearly meeting to tell us that "to keep our staff from leaving we are going to have a raise freeze". When it came time for your annual review you we judged by what other people thought about you not about your work ability. This place was a joke.
fantastic clinic
Medical Assistant - Endocrinology (Current Employee) –  Corvallis, ORMay 26, 2016
its a fun place to work where people help each other out in times of need and have each others back there is a lot of work to be done but everyone is always in a good mood, they have some of the best doctors i have worked with
Business as usual
Coder II (Former Employee) –  806 BuchananApril 25, 2016
Do you like working under intimidation and fear? Do you like working for an incompetent tool? Then The Corvallis Clinic is the place for you, especially if you are a coder. They managed to drive off the ENTIRE staff of seasoned medical coders and their supervisor (12 of them) and replaced them with a bunch of newly-certified, or not, people. Actually, many of the new "coders" they hired came from the meetings of soccer moms at their childrens' games. They care only about the report that they can give to the board at the end of the month. See how much we have billed this month? They don't have to talk about what actually gets paid...or how.
They also moved the business office away from the main campus, ostensibly to protect the collectors and others from the threats of irate patients. The real reason is to isolate the group and keep them far away from patients and doctors and anyone who may have oversight as to what is actually going on. Likely something very unethical, if not downright illegal.
Pros
It's a job. Has some benefits. Good personal time policy.
Cons
Everything else.
Not a good place for advancement
tech (Current Employee) –  Corvallis, ORJanuary 11, 2016
If you are looking for advancement this isn't the place for you. Been with the company almost 5 years and can't seem to advance.
Pros
insurance o.k, weekends off
Cons
pharmacy discount
Physician Owned Multispecialty medical center
Process Improvement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Corvallis, ORDecember 1, 2015
This organization is fortunate to house many talented, hardworking individuals. Unfortunately there is no true appreciation for staff development, encouraging growth or development and an overarching fear of change.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Costly benefits, low wages, lack of communication, no accountability, resistance to change
Too many change overs in employees
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, OregonAugust 26, 2015
The most enjoyable part of working in the medical field is the patients. There was a big turnover in employment due to the many changes of management.
Fine place to work
Medical Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Corvallis, ORJune 15, 2015
They have pretty good benefits. They probably could pay a bit better. The people are nice. It's a good starting place. There is room for growth, but not a lot. Without a degree you can't move around a whole lot. With a degree that's not clinical you can't move around a lot either.
I had a wonderful experience working here.
medical assistant (Former Employee) –  OregonOctober 26, 2014
the work place was good i like working there i just had to move.
Excellent workplace, cares about patients
Phlebotomy Internship (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORDecember 5, 2013
The Corvallis Clinic was an excellent place to work and takes pride in all it does. The laboratory had an awesome atmosphere, and may patients even mentioned this to me.
Very friendly, fun and productive work environment
o Staff Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Corvallis, ORJune 27, 2013
The Corvallis Clinic is a wonderful place to work. Even though the clinic is fairly busy, everyone has fun and is pleasant to work with. Co-workers continually help each other when needed, professionally and personally.
Overall Good place, but a little stringent on rules
Medical Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORDecember 3, 2012
I enjoyed working for the Clinic, however they have instituted a zero tolerance policy on non business internet, so make sure to stay off of it.

the experience will vary department to department, but overall environment between coworkers was relaxed and casual.
Pros
good benis, decent insurance
Cons
harsh discipline process
Different sattelite locations to work at, many varied departments.
Medical Office Specialist III Float (Former Employee) –  front desk/dept positions in all clinicsJuly 9, 2012
My typical work day was an 8-5 shift, most often i would find out each Thursday afternoon of my upcoming weeks' schedule although this seemed to change by the day. Floating allowed me the opportunity to meet many coworkers i might not have being stationed at a primary desk, and i was able to learn the different departments, meet many of the back staff, and become familiar with many of the clinic doctors. The hardest part of the job was the constant change and rotation of my daily schedule, sometimes being moved three times in one day. I felt that this hindered my effectiveness and productivity. The most enjoyable part of my job was being recognized by either coworkers or upper management for a job well done.
Pros
multi-department exposure, wonderful staff, balance of challenge
Cons
much required for limited wage increases, limited time off with advance notice, non-ergonomic stations to work
Good place to start and gain experience
Coder II (Current Employee) –  Corvallis, ORMarch 18, 2012
Good starting point for people who are wanting to gain experiance in the medical field.
Great place to work!
Referral Clerk (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, OregonJanuary 25, 2012
The Corvallis Clinic is a nice place to work. It's a clean environment that promotes health in a variety of ways. I enjoyed my time as an employee for The Corvallis Clinic.
Pros
growth throughout the company.