The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas Employee Reviews

Avoid The Food And Beverage Department
Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 8, 2016
The director of beverage doesn't know how to speak to his employees and managers let alone manage them. Instead of working with his management he cuts them off without a chance to work. He will not give you a chance to manage and show your experience and skills. He is still stuck in his Station Casino ways. Their job requirements are minimum 3 years of experience but they only want managers with no experience so the director has more experience than them. They are write up happy here and will put your job and family against the wall just to protect themselves. The VP's need to realize the unprofessional work environment their directors produce for their co-stars and move on to a professional, more experienced director. The rest of the management is a bunch of washed up Caesars employees. Im upset I left a good job to come work here.
Pros
Employee meals, managers park on property.
Cons
Everyone else parks off site, inexperienced upper management.
Modern vibe and collection of great coworkers
BEVERAGE SERVER (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 14, 2017
Still a modern hotel concept that brings great guests. Twist to the originals, the Cosmopolitan pushes the comfort zone and invites the curious. Hiring the right people to bring this concept to life, there are many great coworkers to enjoy your shift with, no matter the department.
Management is horrible in some areas
Retail (Former Employee) –  Las VegasOctober 22, 2012
The hype was to be different and exceptional. Everything is high tech and there are a lot of glitches. Each department works independently of the other and communication is poor. Your opinions were supposed to count and you were encouraged to share ideas for improvement. Best to keep your mouth shut. Follow through was minimal. Get everything documented to protect yourself if you work there. Lots of things happen there that are kept under wraps. Coworkers were not happy and turnover was high. Negative work atmosphere. If you are good at keeping secrets, then this is the place for you to work.
Pros
free lunch, great health benefits, great salary: unique rewards program
Cons
poor management, lack of communication, lots of passing the buck
don't do it
Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 18, 2016
upper management is very inexperience hiring make no sense
went to work one day and someone we passed over as a bus-boy was running an outlet as the manager no wonder this property has just started to make money. The F&B is staffed with people that worked in their moms restaurant that is what makes-up the leadership from the director down The food side does well because the are good landlords the house owned outlets are at best poor
Benifits
Guest Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 22, 2014
What i liked the most about working at the cosmopolitan is because of the benefits i have. The hardest part about working here is making double beds especially when their all check outs. but always manage to finish rooms in great standards. I feel very satisfied when i do great work because knowing you've made guests happy because of making their room look nice and spotless and a very good thing to them!. Other than that i'm very satisfied being an employee here but i want to work else where.
Fun and Exciting atmosphere
Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 9, 2013
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas has created a newand dynamic gaming and culinary experience for both the guests and the employees. The company culture encourages and values their employees. Great place to learn and grow.
Pros
great benefits, outstanding management team
fun work place
bellman (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 2, 2015
day starts with a pre shift letting us know what is going on through out the day, assisting guest with luggage check-in delivering amenities as well as luggage, answering guest question or concerns

management is hands down one of my favorite group of individuals. Coworker are easy to get along with the hardest part I would have to say is guest and the best part about the job Is pretty much everything very proud to be working at the cosmopolitan
Pros
interacting with different people from all over the world
Cons
noting i can really think of all aroud great place to work
Fun involved workplace
Conference Concierge (Current Employee) –  Las VegasMarch 6, 2015
Great place to interact with fellow employees, get involved in the community, and develop & learn. Fun environment with excellent benefits.
Pros
Great employee dining area
Culture driven work place
Resort Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 11, 2012
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas afforded me the opportunity to learn, in depth, about the casino industry. I was trained in First Aid and CPR that I can take with me on a day to day basis in life. Management team was well structured. Being in the Security department, coworkers became more than just coworkers, we built camaraderie and looked out for one another on and off the job. The most difficult part of the job was seeing some acts that most people never even realize happen in a casino. I truly enjoyed the ability to help others in more ways then simple customer service.
Pros
training that can be used in life not just on the job.
Cons
the advancement opportunity selection process fell short in my opinion.
great people, horrible company, even worse HR and management
Cosmopolitan (Current Employee) –  CosmopolitanMarch 1, 2015
I worked here almost since opening, they say they value their employees being innovative and bringing new fresh ideas to the table, but they only value that if you're drinking the koolaid. You are not allowed to have an opinion that differs from management and god forbid you suggest something that works better after management has made up their mind. They will fire you if you are a good employee with an opinion, but as long as you act like a sheep and do only what you are told, you will have no problem. They keep employees who should have been fired - kidnapping hookers, forbidding people to leave, punching people in handcuffs, managers sleeping with employees and getting promoted while the employee got fired, stealing from lost and found, higher ups lying about their project and then firing the entire investigations team for following orders, a dispatcher using the casino cameras to stalk his girlfriend , management sits in the office and plays on YouTube all night while report writers and dispatchers control the shift.

HR is the worst I've ever seen. They are judgemental and never have the employee's best interests in mind. They will keep you if you are a horrible employee who harasses and sexually harasses others and make racial comments, but you will be let go for "using your phone". HR will also lie to the unemployment office so you cannot get unemployment. Make sure if you ever work here, you keep copies of everything, because they miraculously "don't have it" once you get fired since they know it will get them in trouble. Also if you are military, get ready for a
  more... fight because HR is awful at following USERRA and will most likely suspend your medical benefits if you go on orders because they don't understand the laws. Can we say illegal and military discrimination?

As far as the place and the people - there were some great people who worked there. It used to be a great place to work until the only people who started getting promoted were people who kiss up to management, and not the people most qualified. Sad to see such a promising company get overrun with high school drama. It will continue to go downhill too because of the lack of leadership in management as well as the cesspool of snobs they call HR. Disgusting.
Pros
$8/day for food, good hours, decent crowd, good pay
Cons
management, HR, no opportunity to advance unless you suck up
A place to work and feel a home
Room Stylist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas NVJuly 22, 2013
A typical day at work for me is interesting and busy.I have learned how to deal with people from different culture and traditions since at The Cosmopolitan many of our guest are International.
The Management is ok although not organized especially my department but i just observe the rules and i have made it.
The co-workers are fabulous and always happy and enlightened to see me they love me
The hardest part of the job is when i have many checkouts and trashed rooms and i come to work and i dont have all i need to perform my duty it makes my work so hard
The most enjoyable part i meet very interesting guest and engaging with them making them feel at home,giving them the BEST Service they require and helping them with any information to familiarize with the hotel makes me happy,makes my day and helps me keep the hotel Culture and Values thus makes the guest come back
Organized Chaos and Pure Irony
Nightlife Marketing Host (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 1, 2014
Working at the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas was an experience in thinking outside of the box. Trying to find ways to accomplish impossible goals with creative thinking and doing it in the most unique possible manner was the name of the game. It was a great atmosphere with a relaxed structure in the most high pressure industry. Incorporating sales tactics, marketing strategies, network development, clientele management, personal assisting, event planning and overseeing a start to finish process of customer experience was just an every day task.
Pros
Marketing, Sales, Networking, Clientele Development, Customer Relationships
Cons
Insurmountable goals, high demand, pressure to succeed without complete control of the process.
a unique and different daily bar experience
Bartender, Mixologist, I (Current Employee) –  las vegas nvOctober 3, 2014
Daily commence with a lot energy at the bar. Non stop drink serving,
plenty of people movement, music non stop. There is always a way to make a drink. Is fun when you can be open to create new drinks as requested from guest. There is nothing hard, there is always something to do at the bar and every one get along quite well. Hate seems to disappear at work. There are always new managers coming in and out, it almost seems as: is a job the requires rotation of new manager very often.
Pros
free lunch, 2 for 1 concert tickets, morriot hotel discount card
Cons
no opportunity for advancement, limited full time staff
The Cosmopolitan has an outstanding company culture, It's excellent!
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 6, 2013
The Cosmopolitan is an excellent organization. With being rewarded as the top hotel of 2012, it is true! The company values the work force with many vehicles provided for voice and expression. It is a company with a high level of transparency and leadership, with many great examples to model after, if needed.? It is a fun, upbeat and great community to be apart of. The Cosmopolitan is all in the details and has created a company culture that will last lifetimes. If you are looking to grow, gain experience and be in hospitality for 5,10,15 to 20 years, then apply and retell your story.
Poor Communication/Poor Senior Management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Las VegasAugust 11, 2013
No culture at all!! Very poor senior management. They hired all the throwbacks from Caesars. A lot of behind the back talk, back stabbing, etc. The HR department does not keep information confidential. They continue to try to achieve luxury scores when it is a party hotel, catering to 20 to 30 year olds!!! All the talented people leave only after a few years.
Pros
Rate of Pay, free lunch, hard working people
Cons
Senior Management, HR
The Cosmopolian of Las Vegas was a very diverse place to work.
Security Dispatcher and Report Writer (Former Employee) –  Security DepartmentNovember 19, 2013
My work day started a 9:30pm and ended at 730am. My position when I was first hired was a Security Department Dispatcher. I was responsible for in-taking calls from guests, departments, and outside vendors. After the calls were received they would be prioritized and entered into a computerized system. I was also responsible for the review of Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) systems throughout the resort. Once I moved into the report writer position I was responsible for writing reports for major incidents that occurred at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas.

Being a Paramedic for 10 years I was already was used to dealing with the public, although it being in an emergent environment. At The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, I was now in a hospitality industry that strived to provide excellent customer service. I learned that each and every person had a different story and to make the stories personal to the guest was to get personally involved with the guest, pay attention to the guest, and make them feel important no matter what the situation was.

My management team always encouraged learning and advancement. My Co-workers were very loyal and trustworthy.

The hardest part of my job was leaving. I decided to move back to the East Coast. I enjoyed every aspect of my job.
management nightmare
with held  (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas July 13, 2013
The management across all departments has never discovered a way to share information, so employees, regardless of department, are constantly playing a guessing game as to what is going on and when. The people tasked to fix this, the "Internal Communications" team, are more concerned with making their pet project, a facebook knock-off, successful than with actually improving the working information flow.
Pros
$8 a day in free food (a small sandwich is $5.50)
Cons
no communication, management does not have a handle on the problem
A great work place where your lunch is like eating in a gourmet buffet
Room Stylist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 28, 2012
A typical workday would be very busy and I learned how to manage my time more. the management was very generous and let us know to take our time and the co-workers were vey nice and helpful toward each other. The hardest part of our job was getting through the day smoothly while trying to finish your assignment in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part was when you were able to speak with the guest while providing service to their rooms.
Check stations to be organized, nice and clean. Touch basis with closer team for that evening events in job related.
Runner/Stocker Busperson (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 12, 2013
A typical day at work would be coming into work five minutes early before work shift and go to staff meeting and get familiar daily task.

I have learned safety procedures.

Management overall is good.

The hardest part of the job is that some co-employees are jealous, they gossip and is misleading.

The most enjoyable part of the job is providing excellent customer service to guests.
Very productive,always fun to work for, proud to be part of it.
Guest Runner/ House Person/ Room Att (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas NVMay 19, 2013
Always enjoy every day at work, busiest day must be the weekends with a lot of challenges, but with the right attitude plus effort and support of management and coworkers job or assigned tasks gets done.
Pros
Easy to accumulate PTO ( paid time off), free luch, good health plan, never laid off.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas. Our community is ready to answer.

The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas Reviews by Location