The Cotton On Group Employee Reviews

you will have an amazing time working there.
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Camarillo, CADecember 1, 2017
it was great working there because everyone got along with each others. One of the best part is that we donate most of money to charity in Africa. it is fun to be with them
Pros
discount and games
Cons
no healthcare
Don't ever work here
Sales Associate, Concord (Former Employee) –  Concord, CANovember 27, 2017
They do NOT care about their employees. They work you like a dog during the holiday season then cut your hours, if they decide to keep you, drastically. They DO NOT pay you enough for the work you do and they hardly ever give you overtime so they won't have to pay you. They even let the store physically fall apart.
Cotton on
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Grove, NYNovember 23, 2017
Working here was great! Co-workers were great, managers were great, environment was great. The only downside was the pay. It was a minimum wage job that only allowed about 12-15 hours a week and paid every two weeks. My paychecks practically only paid for my gas to get to and from work for the next two weeks.
Pros
environment, co-workers
Cons
pay, hours
2nd job
Sales (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 15, 2017
Your typical retail job for college students. It was relaxed, flexible and easy but the hours were very limited since the only busy hours were during black friday. It's an easy side job.
Pros
discounts
Cons
limited hours
Large selection of clothes.
STOCK/SALES CLERK (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYNovember 12, 2017
I've had around a year experience working at Cotton On. The staff is incredibly friendly but the pay isn't great for the kind of work you do. This is a back up job.
Pros
50% Mens/Womans Clothing
Cons
Poor Pay
Exciting
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Utah County, UTNovember 8, 2017
I enjoyed working there. It was a fast paced and exciting environment. The work was the equal to the pay though. Other retail stores pay at least 9 and hour and they were offered full time and benefits. We were only paid 7.50 without full time and no benefits.
Pros
discount
Cons
short breaks, health care, and salary.
Ehh
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLOctober 9, 2017
Its okay I guess. I was just upset because I was not paid on time and/or at all because of payment issues that were barely corrected. Maybe it was just the manager?
Former employee`
Key-holder/ Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAOctober 6, 2017
This company really cares about their employees. 50% discount a plus. Great company to work for. I really love the managment and HR is alway available.
Pros
50% off
Relaxing and fun environment
Associate Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 5, 2017
Most days were relaxing, not stressful at all (except the holidays). Learning how to talk with strangers and understand their needs and wants is the biggest lesson I grabbed from this experienced. Management could have improved in terms of guiding newcomers and effectively teaching employees how to engage with customers. I believe the hardest part of the job was maintaining a calm attitude while working with upset or distressed customers, and finding a solution to help them. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work independently with customers and being of help to them.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
No benefits
Wanted it to be great
Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 30, 2017
Had high hopes that the group's strategies and vision would enable growth and learnings.
Disappointed with the results and the hands on approach taken by leadership in the head office.
Great Upper level mangement and Family Environment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CASeptember 19, 2017
When you get used to working with other store managers and assistant managers over the phone, it makes life so much easier and there is such a strong support system between all managers and I truly feel like our districts, as intertwined as the three of ours are, create a great family where you always have somewhere to turn for guidance and support. Always a lot of positive energy floating around and impacts the vibes in stores in the most positive of ways.
Good company
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 15, 2017
It's a fun environment. Coworkers are typically very kind and hardworking. Sometimes it would get a bit hectic but overall a good company to work for.
Typical Day
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CASeptember 14, 2017
My favorite part about working at Cotton On has got to be the positive vibes and the constant need for customer service since you meet someone new everyday. The hardest part is just keeping up with all the folding that the customers do during their time in the store. You learn efficient teamwork and time management. Very hip and down to earth store.
Pros
co-workers, discounts, flexible
Cons
hours, benefits
outlet mall
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 7, 2017
so many different types of people. coming from all over the world to come get that deal. hundreds of discount stores and hundreds of people looking for the best deal. teaching the foreigners about american currency was always fun.
Pros
food court lunch
Cons
no open windows
detail oriented sales motivated company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Augustine, FLAugust 29, 2017
Great company to work for. the experience given is extensive and creative. communication with upper management is great, and helps meet needs of business
Fast Paced Outlet Environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLAugust 28, 2017
This job, at outlet especially, challenges your creativity daily with frequent placement changes..
This position taught me more about visuals than any other company. Cotton on also has the most wonderful understanding of family and individual care I've ever seen. The USA manager once complimented me for the way I interacted with my staff when in reality what that looked like was goofing off with my team during a very big store visit. The ability to speak with higher ups weekly/daily gives the opportunity to get all of your personal store needs assessed as quickly as possible and really makes one feel like they have importance and make an impact, especially when you see your requests in action and driving sales.
good place to work
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAAugust 24, 2017
I liked working here. It was a seasonal job. Learned to use register, there was some nice people working there. Very slow at times. Favorite part was just ringing up customers and folding clothes. At the end of the year thats when they were going to choose who would stay or not. They never got back to me. never called me or emailed me. I was very passionate about the job and cared while i knew and saw some employees who've been working there for a while didnt care. they were a little rude to be honest. I'm sure it's changed though since its been a while since ive worked there.
Pros
nice people to work with
Cons
no cons
Meh
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAAugust 23, 2017
The job is not bad. Management team could use a lot of developments and I was given very little in the ways of compensation. I think its a great company to START your management career in, but I would never recommending coming here with experience.
They are just missing the boat
Store Maintenance and Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  La Mirada, CAAugust 17, 2017
There is so much potential here but leaders are missing the boat on what their employees really need and want.
They need to take care of the store employees.
Pros
You become a jack of all trades. The Foundation is great
Cons
I dont think the leaders really know what's going on
The days definitely weren't repetitive ...
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAAugust 6, 2017
There wasn't a standard routine. What I did really depended on who was in charge. On the floor one would make sure the clothes on display are organized and neatly folded. In the back it was unpacked clothes and putting them in bins or on hangers. From time to time I'd be sweeping the floor or taking out the trash. Where I worked was really dependent on which assistant manager was working my shift.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cotton On Group. Our community is ready to answer.