The Cotton On Group Employee Reviews

Really Bad
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAJanuary 17, 2018
Not Fun At All. It Was Really Bad Service and I Would Not Want Anyone I Know Working For This really Bad Company. They Were Really Bad At Taking Care Of There Employees
Fun, but also hard working place.
Sales Associate/Assistant Manager(temp) (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 15, 2018
A typical day always started off with being caught up on the daily sales and promotions going on by the manager. There was always music playing in the store to make the shopping environment more enjoyable to the customers. The hardest part of the job was having to remember all of the sales numbers and sometimes dealing with difficult customers. The most enjoyable part was having a fun and safe place to work at.
Pros
50% off
Cons
Working in a mall
never again
Visual Lead (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJanuary 4, 2018
i would never want to work there ever again in my life. that was such a crazy place to work i would never want to go back, the culture of the place is off
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAJanuary 2, 2018
The coworkers are all great and the managers are very competent. The store is a little small which makes it cramped but it's a minor inconvenience. It's a chill work environment.
cotton on was a fun job to work at but had no growth.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJJanuary 1, 2018
cotton on was a great environment to work in. it was a great environment to make friends and meet new people everyday. i didn't agree with the schedulaing but also it is impossible to grow in this company
Pros
great environment, meet new people
Cons
horrible hours and bad schedule
fun and chill atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Arcadia, CADecember 29, 2017
i loved working at this cotton on store! our days consisted of making sure the store was organized and clothes were folded. on slow days it's honestly just pretending to do something. the managers are the coolest people you'll meet and aren't stuck up when they tell you what to do. super flexible schedule, i was a seasonal worker but i'll be applying again in the future.
Pros
50% discount and 70% once in a while, very cool managers and atmosphere
Cons
short lunch breaks for busy seasonal days at mall
Good Starter Job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLDecember 28, 2017
Everything was fine until I found out I got paid four dollars less then the other in the same position . Hidden agendas, and rude Corporate. Clothes were cute but would shrink super quickly. Learned a lot though.
Pros
discounts
Cons
unfair pay
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CADecember 27, 2017
I do multiple tasks in a day of work such as organizing clothes, cleaning, overlooking fitting rooms and ringing customers up. The managers are very nice but the hours are very little for everyone working there
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
Short breaks and little hours
Hectic
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNDecember 17, 2017
What I didn't like was how a certain key holder would treat me as the go back girl or fitting room queen vs teaching me my role as a key holder as well. The situation wasn't good bc I was the bad guy when asking for employees to go to their areas.Management n key holders aren't on the same page. The amount of paper work is ridiculous lol. So much to do for opening n closing that the store
Pros
Store discount
Cons
Training, nd favortism
cool place to work
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CADecember 15, 2017
Managers were fun to work with. They were always hearing something from corporate that wasn't really their fault. Nice discount. Work wasn't always stressful. I enjoyed working there.
Pros
discount, management
Cons
not enough hours
you will have an amazing time working there.
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Camarillo, CADecember 1, 2017
it was great working there because everyone got along with each others. One of the best part is that we donate most of money to charity in Africa. it is fun to be with them
Pros
discount and games
Cons
no healthcare
Productive and fun place to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CANovember 28, 2017
I am a seasonal employee but I am being offered to be a permanent employee which I really like. The job itself is easy and isn’t hard to do because I communicate so easily with not just my co workers but also my clients.
Don't ever work here
Sales Associate, Concord (Former Employee) –  Concord, CANovember 27, 2017
They do NOT care about their employees. They work you like a dog during the holiday season then cut your hours, if they decide to keep you, drastically. They DO NOT pay you enough for the work you do and they hardly ever give you overtime so they won't have to pay you. They even let the store physically fall apart.
Cotton on
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Grove, NYNovember 23, 2017
Working here was great! Co-workers were great, managers were great, environment was great. The only downside was the pay. It was a minimum wage job that only allowed about 12-15 hours a week and paid every two weeks. My paychecks practically only paid for my gas to get to and from work for the next two weeks.
Pros
environment, co-workers
Cons
pay, hours
2nd job
Sales (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 15, 2017
Your typical retail job for college students. It was relaxed, flexible and easy but the hours were very limited since the only busy hours were during black friday. It's an easy side job.
Pros
discounts
Cons
limited hours
Large selection of clothes.
STOCK/SALES CLERK (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYNovember 12, 2017
I've had around a year experience working at Cotton On. The staff is incredibly friendly but the pay isn't great for the kind of work you do. This is a back up job.
Pros
50% Mens/Womans Clothing
Cons
Poor Pay
Exciting
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Utah County, UTNovember 8, 2017
I enjoyed working there. It was a fast paced and exciting environment. The work was the equal to the pay though. Other retail stores pay at least 9 and hour and they were offered full time and benefits. We were only paid 7.50 without full time and no benefits.
Pros
discount
Cons
short breaks, health care, and salary.
Ehh
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLOctober 9, 2017
Its okay I guess. I was just upset because I was not paid on time and/or at all because of payment issues that were barely corrected. Maybe it was just the manager?
Former employee`
Key-holder/ Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAOctober 6, 2017
This company really cares about their employees. 50% discount a plus. Great company to work for. I really love the managment and HR is alway available.
Pros
50% off
Relaxing and fun environment
Associate Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 5, 2017
Most days were relaxing, not stressful at all (except the holidays). Learning how to talk with strangers and understand their needs and wants is the biggest lesson I grabbed from this experienced. Management could have improved in terms of guiding newcomers and effectively teaching employees how to engage with customers. I believe the hardest part of the job was maintaining a calm attitude while working with upset or distressed customers, and finding a solution to help them. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work independently with customers and being of help to them.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
No benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cotton On Group. Our community is ready to answer.