The Cotton On Group Employee Reviews in United States

Thoroughly enjoyed it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 23, 2016
This was my first retail job and it was seasonal, so I worked during the busiest time of year, yet management and all my co-workers were very nice, they took the time to train me thoroughly and accepted all my questions, and were understanding about balancing my work schedule with my school schedule. The hardest part of the job was maintaining floor appearing and stocking, everything else was highly enjoyable.
Pros
Great atmostsphere, Great discounts
Productive and positive environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 25, 2016
I really enjoyed working at Cotton On for multiply reasons. I had a flexible work schedule, great co-workers and I eve received 50%off merchandize. The hardest part about this job would have to be working during all the holidays. The store would get beyond crowded.
Pros
positive environment and 50% discount
Cons
insurance and pay
Cotton On
Stock Lead (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 2, 2016
Cotton on is a great place to work as far the co-workers to the customers, My mangers were awesome, We were all one big hard working family. The clothes are awesome to wear and so affordable, The Discount for the employees are awesome

Working at cotton on as a stock lead made me realize what i was actually really good at. The stock room is really small and was really backed up with shipment when i started, most of the time you may have to enjoy your break in the food court because of limited amount of space in the stock room. I was the main man in charge of the stock room so being that i organized the stock room and created space, working for the company really open my eyes as far as working as a Stock associate
Pay is Low, Even as a Manger
Pros
great discount on actually great clothes
Cons
low pay
Fun workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJMarch 31, 2016
Coworkers were always friendly and full of very creative individuals. My manager was serious about her job and tried to get everything done on time! She was not harsh on us, would joke around with us sometimes as well. The hardest part of the job was keeping clothes neat and folded for display.
Typical Retail
Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMay 9, 2016
Nothing special for retail. Mid-level pay, high performance expectancy, high employee turnover, long dreadful hours, minimal reward. Overall the job will pay your bills and leave you exhausted and overworked but nothing more was expected.
Pros
50% Employee Discount
Cons
Retail
Unproductive workforce, Managerial issue
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CAJanuary 19, 2016
A typical workday for me entailed doing all my required responsibilities. However, the "team" I worked with seemed to be more like a clique in high school and would gossip and make matters hard for me because I was new. I would take on others shifts and take on their workload when asked and was still treated poorly.
Pros
Typical
Cons
No benefits, acceptance issues
Coworkers alwasy happy and lively
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJuly 2, 2016
Working for Cotton On was exciting and a new experience for me. Working with people close to age and seeing them move up in management. They always had your best intrest in mind and made sure you was alight.
Wonderful place to work and Lovely clothes!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJuly 4, 2016
as a sales associates your days go quickly. never ending job of table folding. just make sure you follow the merchandising map in case a DM comes to your store unexpectedly!
Fun work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMarch 9, 2016
The Typo team makes me feel very welcome and comfortable while at work. The staff works well together to meeting the goals and exceeding great customer service. Never a dull or boring moment, there is always something new to do.
fun work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 10, 2016
The new general manager has caused many employees to quit due to major favoritism and doesn't schedule fairly. But other than that i love working for them
sales manager
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAMarch 4, 2016
great working with this company in charge of all visual aspects as it pertains to the given directive as well as the selling based in the store and that customer, alos in charge of all employee aspects
fun and fast
Sales Associate (seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMarch 22, 2016
worked in a mall setting, so it was fast paced and constent rush, learned how to work in a stressful situation also. helped a lot with assisting customers in clothing choices
Boring short hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Eatontown, NJApril 25, 2016
All you really do is just take out the trash and fix any clothes that seemed be messed up. You also do shipment and then sort them out on the shelves.
Love The brand.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Tejon Canyon, CAMarch 6, 2016
Amazing Place to work at i have had no issues, there very good about promoting with in. There still based in Australia so there is a bit of a disconnect.
Pros
Great Growth
Cons
Corp still in Australia
Fast pace and interesting store
Cashier Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Kendall, FLOctober 29, 2015
When I first stepped into CottonON, I was a little overwhelmed; the atmosphere was bright and the staff was very bubbly and enthusiastic. I got over that feeling once I saw how professional yet inviting the company and its employers were. The job was fast paced and I had a lot of information to cram into within a matter of a day to be well informed of the company/charities I was representing. The season was that of Black Friday and Christmas so it was quite hectic, but I found solace in satisfying customers' needs and ensure everything was to their liking.
Pros
30/hour breaks
Cons
No food provided, no benefits
Very friendly and respectful enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 17, 2016
This job was very flexible as I did have two jobs at the moment. Very understanding and gave you opportunities to try and learn new things.
Fun, fast paced, trendy retail environment that connects well with its customers
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Arcadia, CAJanuary 13, 2016
Intense retail position, from working the register to fitting rooms to zoning the floor there is never a dull or dry moment when you're on clock.
easy going environment
ASM (Current Employee) –  TXOctober 16, 2015
Its an easy going job, as a manager you will sometimes be left alone in the store which means no actual break. Higher management does its best to keep up eith store but will leave you on a cliff hanger for weeks at a time. Its a good part time job but if you're looking for more hours and benefits this is not for you.
Pros
50 percent discount
Cons
in store lunch, company constantly chnaging but giving you last minute updates
the most able part of the job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMarch 10, 2016
the most enjoyable part of my job was having the costumer leave with a smile on they face after helping them find what they needed.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTFebruary 1, 2016
I only worked at Cotton On for a short time, but a fun place to work. Not a lot of opportunity for advancement, but good pay.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Not a lot of opportunity for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cotton On Group. Our community is ready to answer.