The Cotton On Group

The Cotton On Group Employee Reviews

Unproductive workforce, Managerial issue
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CAJanuary 19, 2016
A typical workday for me entailed doing all my required responsibilities. However, the "team" I worked with seemed to be more like a clique in high school and would gossip and make matters hard for me because I was new. I would take on others shifts and take on their workload when asked and was still treated poorly.
Pros
Typical
Cons
No benefits, acceptance issues
Fun, fast paced, trendy retail environment that connects well with its customers
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Arcadia, CAJanuary 13, 2016
Intense retail position, from working the register to fitting rooms to zoning the floor there is never a dull or dry moment when you're on clock.
Did not work here long
Customer service (Former Employee) –  NJDecember 9, 2015
This company is new to the country and is still building a name for themselves. I do not have much to say about my time with the company.
Great Hours And Custiomer servies
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 18, 2015
Learn about sales and more customer services and Helped customers with sales and fitting cloths. Learn more about bring in rates. i loved meeting and help customers.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
short breaks
productive
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJNovember 17, 2015
great people and managers that helped me learn new things. Easy cashier system and the co-workers were really helpful when i needed their help
Fun and Diverse place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CANovember 17, 2015
While working at Cotton On I have to say working at Cotton On was such an awarding experience and I enjoyed every bit of it.
Pros
50% Employee Discount
Cons
Short Breaks
Great atmosphere
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLOctober 22, 2015
Needs better upper management, as far as the corporate office goes. Unfriendly staff, Underpaid for the amount of work you are required to put in.
easy going environment
ASM (Current Employee) –  TXOctober 16, 2015
Its an easy going job, as a manager you will sometimes be left alone in the store which means no actual break. Higher management does its best to keep up eith store but will leave you on a cliff hanger for weeks at a time. Its a good part time job but if you're looking for more hours and benefits this is not for you.
Pros
50 percent discount
Cons
in store lunch, company constantly chnaging but giving you last minute updates
Great place to meet new and different people
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CAOctober 5, 2015
Cotton was a culture shock of a sort for me because never worked in a place that was prodomedently one race but it was a learning experiece just like any other exerience you go through in life.
Pros
Free Lunches sometimes
Cons
Short breaks, Little pay
Dynanmic
Executive Assistant to GM Cotton On Asia (Current Employee) –  SomersetOctober 2, 2015
Learned to be really flexible and to be independent when doing tasks.
To be prompt and accurate in task delivery. Able to withstand high pressure and a lot of last minute changes. To think out of the box and be resourceful.
I was exposed to many high strategy meetings which gave me insight on how mass retail is planned and executed.
Enjoyable part of the job is when I have successfully solved people's problems e.g. getting vendors paid , organizing big events and conferences.
Pros
Great location and colleagues
Cool Work Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FlSeptember 25, 2015
A typical day at Cotton On is Laid-back and cool. I learned great customer service skills. Management and coworkers were fun to hang around. The most enjoyable part of this job was the laid-back atmosphere I was in.
Pros
discounted clothes
Cons
N/a
this was a fun productive place to work
Customer service/Inventory/Cashier /stocking (Former Employee) –  gaineville, floridaSeptember 25, 2015
at this job place i basically gave customer service to the guest. I open the fitting room, re-stock, cashier, and closed. this job was pretty easy and i met alot of people due the store being in the mall.
Pros
very diverse area and fun to work
Cons
sometimes it could be really slow
High energy growing business.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  La Mirada, CASeptember 20, 2015
Great working environment if you are looking to hone your skills in developing a business with little direction. Decision making and best practices are left store to store allowing for a lot of trial and error and allowing your business to be specific to your market. Very little follow up or recognition from senior management, and because of the entrepreneurial environment, policies and procedures are constantly changing. In management, don't expect to work less than 50 hours per week.
Pros
Hourly overtime for management
Cons
No direction or singular vision
fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJuly 27, 2015
I always had a fun time a Cotton on, the vibe at the job was energetic. I always learned something new at the job, meeting new people/ customers was always a fun new experience.
Cons
N/A
Reconsider
Management (Former Employee) –  Maryland/Virginia DistrictJune 2, 2015
Overall, a good brand. Probably moreso outside of the U.S. U.S. has poor corporate organization. Upper Management does not care about employees. A lot of work for low pay. Constant changes and re-changes. Area-management poor. Unrealistic expectations. Lack of support for front-line workers. Most enjoyable part of the job is the clothing and customers. Worst part of customer service is constant complaints due to unrealistic return/exchange policies.
Pros
Great employee discount
Cons
Poor area management, expectations, poor benefits and pay
fun workplace
Retail sales associate (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAApril 27, 2015
It was a temporary job, for the holidays. It was my first real job, and it showed me the ropes. I set up displays, and kept the store organized for my time there. I enjoyed my time there, the managers were helpful and the coworkers were nice.
Overall was a good learning!
Visual Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  GLOBALLYApril 21, 2015
Great place to learn, fast. This is a very fast paced environment. Be ready for a challenge and to be challenged.

The people were not right for my liking.
Fun and exciting place to work
Sales Assiociate (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAApril 17, 2015
Management is amazing and everyone is always excited and ready to work.
Customers are always friendly and there is very little stress related obsticals working for this company.
Fun Workplace
Retail/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAApril 16, 2015
Everyone is chill and the managers make work fun.. Employee are great and you get 40% off all merchandise. hours are great. Store is always busy. You get vacation benefits too. a lot of room for advancement on the sales position.
Fun/easy place to work for
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ft WorthApril 8, 2015
Company as a whole wasn't organized but depending on what store you work at you may have a manager that does there best to be organized and on point