The Cotton On Group Employee Reviews

They are just missing the boat
Store Maintenance and Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  La Mirada, CAAugust 17, 2017
There is so much potential here but leaders are missing the boat on what their employees really need and want.
They need to take care of the store employees.
Pros
You become a jack of all trades. The Foundation is great
Cons
I dont think the leaders really know what's going on
Fun place for teens
Sales Associate (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CAJuly 31, 2017
Everybody working there are ages 16-25. The lunches are short and the clothes are nice so u can get your 50% discount not like some store where you won't use it.
Pros
50% discount
Needs more improvements in the company.
Brand Associate (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAJuly 22, 2017
Hours are always horrible. No recognition when someone goes out of their way to do something. Always gets called in on days not scheduled. HORRIBLE hours. Cotton on team is pretty chill though. Fun young group of people to work with. Most of the issues rely on corporate not giving much hours and not teaching their management team how to properly lead.
Pros
Employee discount. Fun chill environment. Focuses on charity
Cons
Hours suck, Disorganized management
Fast Peace Work Environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 20, 2017
• Oversee store operational requirements, shrinkage control, scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
• Achieves financial objective by setting monthly and annual sales plan; payroll control; analyzing sales penetration by department; and creating a customer service oriented culture.
Good Workplace, just not for temps
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAJuly 18, 2017
Working as a temp during the holiday season it was a pretty enjoyable job. I liked the clothes there and the discounts were nice and even a percentage of their profits go towards 3rd world countries. The downside comes with being a temp. I wasn't scheduled NEARLY as much as was promised. Other than my own personal experience, CottonOn provided a great working environment and friendly co-workers.
Pros
Helping with a cause, great working environment, friendly coworkers.
Cons
Hours can be very spotty.
Productive Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2017
A typical day at work is making sure items are organized and displayed nicely for the customers convenience, assisting customers as well as coworkers with work, and maintaining store aesthetics. The store environment is typically nice and friendly. There is always something to do.
Pros
Employee Discount
Fun place to work
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 17, 2017
There was always something to do at the facility, and at times I was offered overtime, which was great. The individuals that worked at this location were hard working individuals, who were also trying to punch in the extra hours. The labor was intense and hard at times.
Horrible place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 13, 2017
The Cotton On company is still trying to find it is place, they are not organize all over the place. you get little pay no hours for your store. You'll be better off working at Taco Bell. They have you do everything and expect it to be done right that moment .
Pros
Good discount
Good to BAD
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJuly 1, 2017
I began working here and loved it, but after a while I realized it was very hard to move up in the company, especially if you were unfairly unliked. The pay was awful, but I made 30 hours a week so I could live. But they decided it would be a good idea to hire 5 new people and cut my hours to 4 hours a week. I couldn't even afford gas to get there at that point.
They got rid of the original staff and hired incompetent employees who weren't aware of anything going on other than their cell phones.
After that I ended up quitting and I would never go back.
Pros
50% off
Cons
Bad employees, bad upperlevel management, short hours, no room to move up
Unique Style
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Friendswood, TXJune 27, 2017
Fun place to work at. Get to wear whatever I want as long as it fits the Cotton On standards which really there isn't a restriction. Friendly staff and management.
Pros
Get to dress up for no reason
Cons
Work can extend to midnight
Best job I have ever been at.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJune 26, 2017
I love Cotton on! They are truest about the development of their people. They trusted me and supported me in every decision and role in my career. Management really appreciates the hard work you put in for them. I totally recommend it!
Pros
Discount. Atmosphere. Recognition.
Cons
Payroll
Minimum wage for a lot of work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJune 9, 2017
Was expected to finish 6 boxes of shipment an hour while maintaining the stores cleanliness and managing the customers needs. Management wasn't clear with employees and over many overnight store resettings I assisted with, the final time I assisted, at 8 am the district managers came in and told us we had done everything wrong and wasted the whole night even though we followed his map and directions to reset the store. Was a fun summer job but I wouldn't work there long term.
Pros
Breaks / Fun Co-Workers / Good Amount of Hours
Cons
Bad Pay / Bad Management
I loved working here
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYJune 8, 2017
As a key holder i very much enjoyed coming into work. Although i was part time and got no benefits i still very much enjoyed this company and all of my coworkers and especially my manager
Friendly co workers, Fun Manager
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santaclara,CAJune 5, 2017
Cotton on was my first job and I'm glad it was because the co workers were friendly and fun and I was able to make friends with them and still am friends with them. The manager is fun and chill, Its a big work environment and they make sure everyone gets their 30 minute breaks. I had a lot of fun memories here and would recommend Cotton on to anybody and would love to work here again. 😄
Pros
Fun manager friendly employees good customers
Cons
Barley any Hours
productive, fun work environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAJune 5, 2017
Tons of customer facetime on a daily basis, you will learn tons of organizational skills and customer service techniques that leave customers always happy.
Pros
great discounts.
Cons
low store budget/not enough hours
Organizing store while multi tasking with customers
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJune 1, 2017
• Responsible for loading / unloading work material and tools
• Set up of material and tools to perform tile installation
• Take material and tools to different job sites
• Clean up of job site
• Assist in general office duties
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Pay Grade
Wasn't very proffessional.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Arvin, CAMay 26, 2017
It wasn't ever extremely busy and you had a lot of down time. Very little scheduled hours, and changed schedules, often without notifying you in advance.
No structure!
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 21, 2017
Company promises a fun work environment. It's way beyond that. Payroll is not great. The work load is very overwhelming. This company is always getting sue for multiple of issues. The high level managers (dms , regional and LP) have no communication with each.
Pros
Charity
Cons
Overwork
Imediocre at best
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 17, 2017
Short breaks, if any at all. The management was constantly changing due to the lack of benefits. We are paid pretty low wages, even the store leads were paid poorly.
Pros
50% off discount, charity program
Cons
Short Breaks, poor management, low wages
Productive job and friendly environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 16, 2017
Everyone was always smiling and ready to work the hours they had been assigned. No one ever complained about each other unless someone was clearly slacking. It was always a team effort.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cotton On Group. Our community is ready to answer.