The Cotton On Group Employee Reviews in United States

Unproductive workforce, Managerial issue
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CAJanuary 19, 2016
A typical workday for me entailed doing all my required responsibilities. However, the "team" I worked with seemed to be more like a clique in high school and would gossip and make matters hard for me because I was new. I would take on others shifts and take on their workload when asked and was still treated poorly.
Pros
Typical
Cons
No benefits, acceptance issues
Fast pace and interesting store
Cashier Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Kendall, FLOctober 29, 2015
When I first stepped into CottonON, I was a little overwhelmed; the atmosphere was bright and the staff was very bubbly and enthusiastic. I got over that feeling once I saw how professional yet inviting the company and its employers were. The job was fast paced and I had a lot of information to cram into within a matter of a day to be well informed of the company/charities I was representing. The season was that of Black Friday and Christmas so it was quite hectic, but I found solace in satisfying customers' needs and ensure everything was to their liking.
Pros
30/hour breaks
Cons
No food provided, no benefits
easy going environment
ASM (Current Employee) –  TXOctober 16, 2015
Its an easy going job, as a manager you will sometimes be left alone in the store which means no actual break. Higher management does its best to keep up eith store but will leave you on a cliff hanger for weeks at a time. Its a good part time job but if you're looking for more hours and benefits this is not for you.
Pros
50 percent discount
Cons
in store lunch, company constantly chnaging but giving you last minute updates
Awesome place of work with a good discount
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 2, 2015
So the only reason why I left this job was because my store manager left the company. I love the job though and the employee discount was amazing. They are a great place to work and have an awesome reputation and great merchandise. The benefits and pay were awesome and they're flexible if you're going to school or can only work certain days. It's a good place to work while going to college or to make a career out of.
Pros
everything
Reconsider
Management (Former Employee) –  Maryland/Virginia DistrictJune 2, 2015
Overall, a good brand. Probably moreso outside of the U.S. U.S. has poor corporate organization. Upper Management does not care about employees. A lot of work for low pay. Constant changes and re-changes. Area-management poor. Unrealistic expectations. Lack of support for front-line workers. Most enjoyable part of the job is the clothing and customers. Worst part of customer service is constant complaints due to unrealistic return/exchange policies.
Pros
Great employee discount
Cons
Poor area management, expectations, poor benefits and pay
Cotton On
Stock Lead (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 2, 2016
Cotton on is a great place to work as far the co-workers to the customers, My mangers were awesome, We were all one big hard working family. The clothes are awesome to wear and so affordable, The Discount for the employees are awesome

Working at cotton on as a stock lead made me realize what i was actually really good at. The stock room is really small and was really backed up with shipment when i started, most of the time you may have to enjoy your break in the food court because of limited amount of space in the stock room. I was the main man in charge of the stock room so being that i organized the stock room and created space, working for the company really open my eyes as far as working as a Stock associate
Pay is Low, Even as a Manger
Pros
great discount on actually great clothes
Cons
low pay
Thoroughly enjoyed it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 23, 2016
This was my first retail job and it was seasonal, so I worked during the busiest time of year, yet management and all my co-workers were very nice, they took the time to train me thoroughly and accepted all my questions, and were understanding about balancing my work schedule with my school schedule. The hardest part of the job was maintaining floor appearing and stocking, everything else was highly enjoyable.
Pros
Great atmostsphere, Great discounts
Dynanmic
Executive Assistant to GM Cotton On Asia (Current Employee) –  SomersetOctober 2, 2015
Learned to be really flexible and to be independent when doing tasks.
To be prompt and accurate in task delivery. Able to withstand high pressure and a lot of last minute changes. To think out of the box and be resourceful.
I was exposed to many high strategy meetings which gave me insight on how mass retail is planned and executed.
Enjoyable part of the job is when I have successfully solved people's problems e.g. getting vendors paid , organizing big events and conferences.
Pros
Great location and colleagues
Productive and positive environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 25, 2016
I really enjoyed working at Cotton On for multiply reasons. I had a flexible work schedule, great co-workers and I eve received 50%off merchandize. The hardest part about this job would have to be working during all the holidays. The store would get beyond crowded.
Pros
positive environment and 50% discount
Cons
insurance and pay
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTFebruary 1, 2016
I only worked at Cotton On for a short time, but a fun place to work. Not a lot of opportunity for advancement, but good pay.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Not a lot of opportunity for advancement
Fun workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJMarch 31, 2016
Coworkers were always friendly and full of very creative individuals. My manager was serious about her job and tried to get everything done on time! She was not harsh on us, would joke around with us sometimes as well. The hardest part of the job was keeping clothes neat and folded for display.
High energy growing business.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  La Mirada, CASeptember 20, 2015
Great working environment if you are looking to hone your skills in developing a business with little direction. Decision making and best practices are left store to store allowing for a lot of trial and error and allowing your business to be specific to your market. Very little follow up or recognition from senior management, and because of the entrepreneurial environment, policies and procedures are constantly changing. In management, don't expect to work less than 50 hours per week.
Pros
Hourly overtime for management
Cons
No direction or singular vision
Fun Workplace
Retail/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAApril 16, 2015
Everyone is chill and the managers make work fun.. Employee are great and you get 40% off all merchandise. hours are great. Store is always busy. You get vacation benefits too. a lot of room for advancement on the sales position.
Fun work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMarch 9, 2016
The Typo team makes me feel very welcome and comfortable while at work. The staff works well together to meeting the goals and exceeding great customer service. Never a dull or boring moment, there is always something new to do.
Very friendly and respectful enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 17, 2016
This job was very flexible as I did have two jobs at the moment. Very understanding and gave you opportunities to try and learn new things.
fun and fast
Sales Associate (seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMarch 22, 2016
worked in a mall setting, so it was fast paced and constent rush, learned how to work in a stressful situation also. helped a lot with assisting customers in clothing choices
sales manager
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAMarch 4, 2016
great working with this company in charge of all visual aspects as it pertains to the given directive as well as the selling based in the store and that customer, alos in charge of all employee aspects
fun work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 10, 2016
The new general manager has caused many employees to quit due to major favoritism and doesn't schedule fairly. But other than that i love working for them
Love The brand.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Tejon Canyon, CAMarch 6, 2016
Amazing Place to work at i have had no issues, there very good about promoting with in. There still based in Australia so there is a bit of a disconnect.
Pros
Great Growth
Cons
Corp still in Australia
Boring short hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Eatontown, NJApril 25, 2016
All you really do is just take out the trash and fix any clothes that seemed be messed up. You also do shipment and then sort them out on the shelves.