The Cotton On Group

The Cotton On Group Employee Reviews

Horrible experience
Store Manager (Former Employee), N/AJune 15, 2015
Pros: Nothing
Cons: No breaks, no work/life balance, long hours in the early morning, no payroll, the list is endless
I don't recommend anyone to work for this company. I worked by myself long hours with no breaks on several occasions. Sometimes I would work around the clock (24 hrs). No payroll to accomplish what needed to get done. Drama filled and no communication between management and corporate. No emails to communicate or able to check your figures (budget). I could sit here all day on all the cons about this company. WORST COMPANY TO WORK FOR. BUYER BEWARE!! If you have a family or want a work life balance this company is not for you.
Reconsider
Management (Former Employee), Maryland/Virginia DistrictJune 2, 2015
Pros: Great employee discount
Cons: Poor area management, expectations, poor benefits and pay
Overall, a good brand. Probably moreso outside of the U.S. U.S. has poor corporate organization. Upper Management does not care about employees. A lot of work for low pay. Constant changes and re-changes. Area-management poor. Unrealistic expectations. Lack of support for front-line workers. Most enjoyable part of the job is the clothing and customers. Worst part of customer service is constant complaints due to unrealistic return/exchange policies.
fun workplace
Retail sales associate (Former Employee), Torrance, CAApril 27, 2015
It was a temporary job, for the holidays. It was my first real job, and it showed me the ropes. I set up displays, and kept the store organized for my time there. I enjoyed my time there, the managers were helpful and the coworkers were nice.
Overall was a good learning!
Visual Merchandising Manager (Former Employee), GLOBALLYApril 21, 2015
Great place to learn, fast. This is a very fast paced environment. Be ready for a challenge and to be challenged.

The people were not right for my liking.
Fun and exciting place to work
Sales Assiociate (Current Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAApril 17, 2015
Management is amazing and everyone is always excited and ready to work.
Customers are always friendly and there is very little stress related obsticals working for this company.
Fun Workplace
Retail/Cashier (Former Employee), Torrance, CAApril 16, 2015
Everyone is chill and the managers make work fun.. Employee are great and you get 40% off all merchandise. hours are great. Store is always busy. You get vacation benefits too. a lot of room for advancement on the sales position.
Fun/easy place to work for
Supervisor (Former Employee), Ft WorthApril 8, 2015
Company as a whole wasn't organized but depending on what store you work at you may have a manager that does there best to be organized and on point
Fun job
Store Manager (Former Employee), Temecula, CAMarch 31, 2015
The company is small and still growing with lots of chances for advancement. Just wish they invested more time on giving more payroll instead of having just one manager and one associate all day long
Cotton On
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Aventura, FLMarch 28, 2015
cotton on workers are usually very hardworking and dedicated. Sometimes stressed and Overwhelmed from a lot of work but lack of staff.
everyone loves cotton
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Riverside, CAMarch 22, 2015
Pros: gift card when hired, discount was amazing, management was awesome
Cons: n/a
Easiest place to work because of the environment was healthy. Well structured and still had lots of laughs. I wished I took a permanent position.
Friendly Staff and Fun Workplace
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), El Cajon, CAMarch 17, 2015
Work didn't feel like work. I had fun working with my co-workers and the key holders and managers were fun to work with as well. I liked helping people look for clothes that matched their style and helping them in general.
all day babysitting
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Vacaville, CAMarch 1, 2015
Pros: watched netflix and played video games all day with the kids
Cons: watched netflix and played video games all day with the kids
It was a good summer job. It wasn't through a company, just a friend of a friend needed a babysitter and didnt want to pay as much
very productive, and enjoyable
Cashier, Sales Associate (Former Employee), Middletown, NYFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: the discounts and great people
Cons: not many benefits and the pay
- A typical day at work was productive and fast
-I learned a lot about P.O.S ( point of sale ) system
- My co-workers were for the most part great
- The hardest part of the job was maintaining the store by yourself at times, especially on busy days!
- The most enjoyable part of the job was making customers happy.
Cotton On
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ontario, CAJanuary 11, 2015
It was a good work experience and I learned a lot. They were very flexible with schedules but then they rarely gave out hours.
Fast Paced
Sales Associate/Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Plantation, FLDecember 2, 2014
Pros: 50% clothing
Cons: low pay
I had two very different experiences with different managers.
My first manager was more experienced, an excellent multi-tasker, friendly, and knowledgeable. Which made a typical day very scheduled and easy to follow. I did not have the same experience with the latter manager.
fun and great environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLDecember 1, 2014
You really need to have great time management in order to be successful at this company.
Ruined retial for me
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Naples, FLNovember 12, 2014
Pros: met a few good co-workers
Cons: short break, long-tiring shifts, no management, expected to do more then job required
Company doesn't know what it is doing, turn over was huge, Managers were in and out all the time, not consistent
Fast paced
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee), Montclair, CAOctober 22, 2014
Pros: charity donations, discounts
Cons: not enough coverage, management, no weekends off
the pay was decent and training was great. I learned a lot rather quickly.
Cotton on
Store Manager (Former Employee), new jerseyOctober 16, 2014
Cotton on needs work in their upper management, organization, and work life balance for employees.
Fun workplace but unorganized.
Key Holder/Part Time Manager (Former Employee), Langhorne, PAOctober 2, 2014
I learned a lot about time management working for this company and colleagues. Workplace was always pleasant and fast paced. Colleagues were positive. The hardest part of the job was adjusting to so many changes coming from a previous organized business. The most enjoyable part about the job was the coworkers and discount.

1 2 3 4

About The Cotton On Group

The Cotton On Group is a retail powerhouse renowned for its winning combination of globally relevant fashion at affordable prices. – Read more

The Cotton On Group Salaries