The Cotton On Group Employee Reviews

Your typical retail job.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CADecember 6, 2016
This was my first job and though I've spent over 3 years with them, I saw no advancement aside from a 50 cent raise. If you're looking to move with a company and grow, this probably isn't your best bet. Otherwise, it's a great place to work for your first job, especially if you enjoy customer service. Taught me a lot about entry level customer service and allowed me to experience tasks that assistant managers and managers deal with in order to receive experience that way. Co-workers were a blast to be with and the environment overall was enjoyable to work in.
Pros
Great discounts for employees and great environment to work in.
Cons
No benefits, no way to move up.
I love my job!!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAOctober 4, 2016
This is the first job I've had where all the employees get along and work together and I love it. If I had to change anything I would want to raise my pay rate to something a little more realistic for a young man who has bills to pay. Besides the low pay rate I love my job and I am very eager and always ready to work.
Pros
discount, coworkers, trendy clothes
Cons
low payrate
Productive and fun working environment with clothes
Handling any and all customer service issues (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJNovember 24, 2016
A typical day at would be opening and closing register procedures. Managing staff while doing paperwork. Running go backs and clean up the store as well as working shipment every single day. Replenish clothing and do floor sets. Also what I've learned is how to multi-task and be able to handle, a fast paced environment, and become a better manager. My opinion about my management is that I believe they can be ungrateful sometimes but I learn to have fun regardless. As for my co-workers they're great hard workers and I adore them. The hardest part of the job is in the morning times when I'm stuck alone from 9:30am-2pm and having to do everything at once. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the teamwork to get work done for district visits and floor sets.
Pros
we get out of work on time, shipment isn't so bad, teamwork
Cons
short breaks, feel unappreciated sometimes
fun easy place to work
Retail Sales (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 19, 2016
I enjoy this job however i need more than 30 hours a week and so i cant make it on this job alone but any retail job gives low hours. Management is good and takes care of employees.
Pros
nice long breaks, nice staff, friendly people
Cons
low benefits
Great coworkers, great brand, great customers
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 27, 2016
A typical day at work is arduous, but the payback in customer involvement and appreciation is worth the hours. Management is well composed and orderly, but slightly micro-managed. I have learned that our workers and store are highly capable despite being overstocked and under-employed. My co-workers are great, able to keep things light and controlled. The hardest part of the job is keeping the store up to par, and the most enjoyable is helping a customer find what they need.
Pros
great co-workers and customers
Cons
not enough workers
Fun and easy going work enviornment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAOctober 27, 2016
A wonderful work enviornment. Friendly and professional management. Flexible hours fit for a college student. After a while of working at this company you feel part of the cotton on family. Cotton On take great pride in their Cotton on charity foundation. A 100% of the proceeds from their customers charity donations go to a village in Uganda.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Very little hours offered
Great work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJanuary 2, 2017
Fun, positive co-workers
Reliable management
Great costumers
Organized
Flexibility w/ hours
Learned how to properly set up marketing
Learned how to organize shipment
Little training time
Little experience required
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Shipment
Productive and Fun workplace that was always racing the bar for other stores.
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 27, 2016
Working for Cotton On was a great experience that gave me the opportunity to use the skills I have acquired over the years in a brand new store. Since I was part of the opening of this location , I had an opportunity to learn first hand as to what it takes to open a business from a successful operation point of view .I was able to train and foster great relationships with my coworkers, many of whom have never worked in retail before, with the proper tools to do great in retail. I enjoyed coming to work everyday with set goals and expectations of from my how to exceed what was expected of us as a team .
Pros
Great opportunity to learn and grow .
Cons
Down season hours did not let put up all the discount shipment we received .
productive and fun co-workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 11, 2017
A typical day at work is reviewing daily goals that need to be met, folding and keeping store in tact at all times, I learned how to properly fold clothes and how to display items to get better sales. co-workers are fun and bubbly, brought a lot of energy to work setting. The hardest part of the job would be keeping store completely tidy at all times during very busy times. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping customers put outfits together or helping with whatever I could assist them in.
Pros
easy going work setting
Cons
short breaks
good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDDecember 21, 2016
typical day was a slow but productive day, ill would get things done in a timely fashion. the management was good no complaints, there were no hard part about this job.
Thoroughly enjoyed it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 23, 2016
This was my first retail job and it was seasonal, so I worked during the busiest time of year, yet management and all my co-workers were very nice, they took the time to train me thoroughly and accepted all my questions, and were understanding about balancing my work schedule with my school schedule. The hardest part of the job was maintaining floor appearing and stocking, everything else was highly enjoyable.
Pros
Great atmostsphere, Great discounts
Fun workplace
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYJanuary 10, 2017
Cotton On is a place where you can express your individuality through your own personal style. There's theme days where everyone participates and can win a gift card. The vibe there is very calm and every one is easy going. We all work together as a team and get the job done.
Productive and un work place with art and unique fashion sense
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJSeptember 27, 2016
Co workers are what makes this job enjoyable, if you have a strong relationship/ friendship as a base and can meet eye to eye with your co workers, it makes things less stressful. You learn to work together as a team, and appreciate the quality of work being done.
Pros
Great team experience, goal oriented
Cons
Organziation after closing takes longer than expected
Coworkers alwasy happy and lively
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJuly 2, 2016
Working for Cotton On was exciting and a new experience for me. Working with people close to age and seeing them move up in management. They always had your best intrest in mind and made sure you was alight.
Great Part Time Job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CAAugust 7, 2016
+ Fun Work Environment
+ Helpful Management
+ Good Training
- A lot of down time
- Store was a test location for floor plans
Working at Cotton On
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 10, 2017
This was my second retail job and it was definitely different than my first retail job. The environment was different but I got along with all of the workers there. However, hours were very little and you are usually asked to cover a person's shift every week.
Pros
discount on clothes
Cons
little hours
Not a secure job.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 4, 2017
Even though I was seasonal, I was barely given any hours. If you are called in and can't be there on a day you're NOT scheduled on, they will not give you days to work on what so ever.
Pros
The employees are mainly nice and the atmosphere is okay
Cons
Lack of any work hours even during the holiday time
Great work atmosphere
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CASeptember 12, 2016
A typical day at Cotton-On consisted of interacting with guests and telling them about the deals of the week. During my time there I learned the procedure for folding clothes and assisting guest(s) with completing their transaction via electronic cash register.
Pros
consistent work flow, great atmosphere, reasonable hours
Cons
not much communication
Fun workplace with great room to advance
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYNovember 8, 2016
The job was very enjoyable and every day new task would intrigue my interest to learn more.
I learned how to manage task time while being able to handle customers.
Productive workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterway PointDecember 18, 2016
Overall, had a very good experience working there with colleagues that work well with me. The pay was very good as well. Store manager treated me well with sufficient training.
Pros
Allows break for prayers
Cons
End work late

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cotton On Group. Our community is ready to answer.

The Cotton On Group Reviews by Location