The Cotton On Group Employee Reviews

Your typical retail job.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CADecember 6, 2016
This was my first job and though I've spent over 3 years with them, I saw no advancement aside from a 50 cent raise. If you're looking to move with a company and grow, this probably isn't your best bet. Otherwise, it's a great place to work for your first job, especially if you enjoy customer service. Taught me a lot about entry level customer service and allowed me to experience tasks that assistant managers and managers deal with in order to receive experience that way. Co-workers were a blast to be with and the environment overall was enjoyable to work in.
Pros
Great discounts for employees and great environment to work in.
Cons
No benefits, no way to move up.
I love my job!!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAOctober 4, 2016
This is the first job I've had where all the employees get along and work together and I love it. If I had to change anything I would want to raise my pay rate to something a little more realistic for a young man who has bills to pay. Besides the low pay rate I love my job and I am very eager and always ready to work.
Pros
discount, coworkers, trendy clothes
Cons
low payrate
Great coworkers, great brand, great customers
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 27, 2016
A typical day at work is arduous, but the payback in customer involvement and appreciation is worth the hours. Management is well composed and orderly, but slightly micro-managed. I have learned that our workers and store are highly capable despite being overstocked and under-employed. My co-workers are great, able to keep things light and controlled. The hardest part of the job is keeping the store up to par, and the most enjoyable is helping a customer find what they need.
Pros
great co-workers and customers
Cons
not enough workers
Productive and Fun workplace that was always racing the bar for other stores.
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 27, 2016
Working for Cotton On was a great experience that gave me the opportunity to use the skills I have acquired over the years in a brand new store. Since I was part of the opening of this location , I had an opportunity to learn first hand as to what it takes to open a business from a successful operation point of view .I was able to train and foster great relationships with my coworkers, many of whom have never worked in retail before, with the proper tools to do great in retail. I enjoyed coming to work everyday with set goals and expectations of from my how to exceed what was expected of us as a team .
Pros
Great opportunity to learn and grow .
Cons
Down season hours did not let put up all the discount shipment we received .
Unproductive workforce, Managerial issue
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CAJanuary 19, 2016
A typical workday for me entailed doing all my required responsibilities. However, the "team" I worked with seemed to be more like a clique in high school and would gossip and make matters hard for me because I was new. I would take on others shifts and take on their workload when asked and was still treated poorly.
Pros
Typical
Cons
No benefits, acceptance issues
Fun and easy going work enviornment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAOctober 27, 2016
A wonderful work enviornment. Friendly and professional management. Flexible hours fit for a college student. After a while of working at this company you feel part of the cotton on family. Cotton On take great pride in their Cotton on charity foundation. A 100% of the proceeds from their customers charity donations go to a village in Uganda.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Very little hours offered
Fast pace and interesting store
Cashier Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Kendall, FLOctober 29, 2015
When I first stepped into CottonON, I was a little overwhelmed; the atmosphere was bright and the staff was very bubbly and enthusiastic. I got over that feeling once I saw how professional yet inviting the company and its employers were. The job was fast paced and I had a lot of information to cram into within a matter of a day to be well informed of the company/charities I was representing. The season was that of Black Friday and Christmas so it was quite hectic, but I found solace in satisfying customers' needs and ensure everything was to their liking.
Pros
30/hour breaks
Cons
No food provided, no benefits
Productive and un work place with art and unique fashion sense
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJSeptember 27, 2016
Co workers are what makes this job enjoyable, if you have a strong relationship/ friendship as a base and can meet eye to eye with your co workers, it makes things less stressful. You learn to work together as a team, and appreciate the quality of work being done.
Pros
Great team experience, goal oriented
Cons
Organziation after closing takes longer than expected
easy going environment
ASM (Current Employee) –  TXOctober 16, 2015
Its an easy going job, as a manager you will sometimes be left alone in the store which means no actual break. Higher management does its best to keep up eith store but will leave you on a cliff hanger for weeks at a time. Its a good part time job but if you're looking for more hours and benefits this is not for you.
Pros
50 percent discount
Cons
in store lunch, company constantly chnaging but giving you last minute updates
Thoroughly enjoyed it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 23, 2016
This was my first retail job and it was seasonal, so I worked during the busiest time of year, yet management and all my co-workers were very nice, they took the time to train me thoroughly and accepted all my questions, and were understanding about balancing my work schedule with my school schedule. The hardest part of the job was maintaining floor appearing and stocking, everything else was highly enjoyable.
Pros
Great atmostsphere, Great discounts
Great work atmosphere
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CASeptember 12, 2016
A typical day at Cotton-On consisted of interacting with guests and telling them about the deals of the week. During my time there I learned the procedure for folding clothes and assisting guest(s) with completing their transaction via electronic cash register.
Pros
consistent work flow, great atmosphere, reasonable hours
Cons
not much communication
Awesome place of work with a good discount
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 2, 2015
So the only reason why I left this job was because my store manager left the company. I love the job though and the employee discount was amazing. They are a great place to work and have an awesome reputation and great merchandise. The benefits and pay were awesome and they're flexible if you're going to school or can only work certain days. It's a good place to work while going to college or to make a career out of.
Pros
everything
Cons
Coworkers alwasy happy and lively
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJuly 2, 2016
Working for Cotton On was exciting and a new experience for me. Working with people close to age and seeing them move up in management. They always had your best intrest in mind and made sure you was alight.
Growing company with plenty of opportunity
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAAugust 5, 2016
Room for growth, fun and engaging team. Must be resilient as their is a lot of change within marketing and merchandising. Focuses on presentation operation experience and team. You have the ability to work for different brands within the company. (I.E. Cotton on, Typo, Cotton On Kids)
Great Part Time Job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CAAugust 7, 2016
+ Fun Work Environment
+ Helpful Management
+ Good Training
- A lot of down time
- Store was a test location for floor plans
Loved my job
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CANovember 22, 2016
My coworkers were amazing, great communication, and always had a can-do attitude. I loved the fast pace work environment. If I had to change one thing about the job, I would want more hours.
Pros
Fast pace
Cons
Wanted more hours
Fun workplace with great room to advance
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYNovember 8, 2016
The job was very enjoyable and every day new task would intrigue my interest to learn more.
I learned how to manage task time while being able to handle customers.
Reconsider
Management (Former Employee) –  Maryland/Virginia DistrictJune 2, 2015
Overall, a good brand. Probably moreso outside of the U.S. U.S. has poor corporate organization. Upper Management does not care about employees. A lot of work for low pay. Constant changes and re-changes. Area-management poor. Unrealistic expectations. Lack of support for front-line workers. Most enjoyable part of the job is the clothing and customers. Worst part of customer service is constant complaints due to unrealistic return/exchange policies.
Pros
Great employee discount
Cons
Poor area management, expectations, poor benefits and pay
Managment needs to get their act together.
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  West Coast May 25, 2013
Over four years of retail experience, hired as a Key Holder and treated like a new associate. Promise growth within company but that is not going to happen. Management does not know how to make a schedule. Either you are given hours and then they are all cut or you aren't scheduled at all and they call you every day to come work. Always understaffed. I love the team I work with and the traffic we get in the store, but you will be under appreciated. Upper management is always changing so don't except your hard work to go noticed. They said they would do performance reviews/raises in May and we just so happened to get a new Store Manager/ District Manager in May so raises were delayed. How convenient..
Pros
smoke breaks, good team
Cons
awful schedules, no chance for promotion, dead end career
Productive and positive environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 25, 2016
I really enjoyed working at Cotton On for multiply reasons. I had a flexible work schedule, great co-workers and I eve received 50%off merchandize. The hardest part about this job would have to be working during all the holidays. The store would get beyond crowded.
Pros
positive environment and 50% discount
Cons
insurance and pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cotton On Group. Our community is ready to answer.

The Cotton On Group Reviews by Location