THE COUNTRY CLUB AT DC RANCH
Genuine, welcoming, and warm in spirit, The Country Club at DC Ranch is North Scottsdale's premier private golf and country club, celebrating friends and families coming together to enjoy the best of times in a truly distinctive setting, including golf on the club's classic course designed by Tom Lehman and John Fought. The Club boasts a broad array of activities including tennis, fitness, swimming, exceptional dining venues and a variety of social events. Centrally located in Scottsdale, Arizona, the club is minutes from high-end shopping, world-class entertainment, and luxury real-estate.
Our mission: Through exceptional hospitality, The Country Club at DC Ranch is committed to building tradition and dedicated to being the pre-eminent southwest lifestyle club by creating a legacy of fun, family, and friendliness.
We treat our employees as part of our own family and are actively engaged in attracting new staff, while developing our current staff. The Club offers an excellent benefit package and provides a fun, safe, and friendly working environment. We are currently hiring for a Banquet Sous Chef position to work alongside our Executive Chef.
- Full-time position with full health benefits (employer paid) after 90 days as well as vacation and time off benefits.
- TYPICAL HOURS: Weekdays, weekends, and holidays; mornings, afternoons, and evenings; overtime as needed
- PAY: Depends on Experience
REPORTS TO: Executive Chef
SUPERVISES: Culinary and stewarding staff
JOB SUMMARY: The culinary department is directly responsible for member and guest satisfaction in all food operations including dining, banquets and bar service. The job of this individual is to assist and supervise daily kitchen operations and focus most attention on the planning and execution of all banquet events. This position will train, supervise, assist and coach all culinary staff in order to prepare, execute and present food according to Club standards. In the absence of Executive Chef, the Sous Chef shall be in charge of the operation of all kitchen staff. Ensures that established practices of ordering, receiving, storage and rotation of food product are adhered to in accordance with Maricopa County Health Standards. Ensures the club buildings and grounds are always neat, clean and presentable.
- Attends pre-service meeting to prepare for and anticipate service requirements, review special events and banquet needs
- Follows production prep and banquet sheet for specific details
- Responsible for purchasing and the proper storage of all food and non-food items for the culinary department
- Cuts, portions and properly store all meat and seafood for banquets production
- Checks each item for freshness and quality
- Assists in organizing production of banquets
- Stays ahead on appropriate prep work
- Ensures work station and equipment are clean and sanitary
- Maintains neat, professional appearance and observes personal cleanliness at all times
- Properly cleans and organizes the walk-in before the end of shift
- Cross-trains and performs duties of all culinary positions (grill, sauté, garde manger, pastry and basic food preparation) as scheduled or needed using standard operating procedures
- Assists culinary team members in completing station set up with predetermined mise en place required for each position; uses opening/closing check lists.
- Responsible for flow management, concentrating on busy areas first – prioritizing and organizing steps of service by effective multi-tasking
- Maintains sanitary conditions in all dining, kitchen and bar areas in accordance with state and local regulations using a ‘clean as you go’ philosophy
- Supervises daily cleaning and inventory of walk-in, storage and refrigerators
- Informs supervisor immediately of any equipment not in proper condition or good working order; Inform supervisor immediately of needed equipment and supplies
- Recognizes fellow employees for a job well done in a timely manner
- Communicates all guest/member complaints and suggestions to Executive Chef promptly
- Evaluates staff with mid-year and year end evaluations
- Ability to properly document employee situations, coach and counsel each party and have the ability to recommend proper discipline for employees
- Assists with all other duties as assigned by the Executive Chef or Clubhouse Manager
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required; long hours standing, bending, squatting, repetitive motions and/or walking
- Heavy work – Exerting up to (50+ pounds) of force frequently. Constantly able to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Ability to physically handle knives, pots, supplies and display items as well as grasp, lift and carry same from shelves and transport to every area of the kitchen/club.
- Must have high level of physical fitness
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 5 years previous cooking experience; At 3-5 years of banquet experience. Prefer experience in a private club, resort or high-end restaurant.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma required; Culinary graduate preferred
EEOC / DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE
Please note: Employment is contingent upon favorable results of Drug screening and E-Verify.
Indeed - 30+ days ago
- 30+ days ago
Genuine, welcoming, and warm in spirit, The Country Club at DC Ranch is North Scottsdale's premier private golf and country club, celebratin...