Multi-Media Sales Representative Opportunity:
- An Outside Sales position with defined local territory, pre-assigned accounts, as well as business lists and leads for prospecting.
- Highest starting base salary for local media companies and uncapped commission plan
- Career growth aligned with your performance and desire to achieve. We pride ourselves on developing our employees and promoting from within.
- A comprehensive training program that will enhance or complement your existing knowledge and prepare you for success
- Competitive Benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401K, flexible spending accounts and car and cellphone allowances
Multi-Media Sales Representative Desired Skills and Experience:
- Consultative business-to-business ROI-based sales experience with a successful track record of achievement, prospecting and cold-calling
- A college degree and prior experience are strongly preferred
- A goal-oriented candidate who can demonstrate a strong work ethic and enthusiasm for success would also be considered
- Valid driver's license and clear driving record required, no multiple infractions within last 12 months
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong prospecting and cold calling skills
- Excellent work ethic
- Ability to multi-task
- PC Skills
- Tech- and internet-savvy (Google, Facebook, Yahoo!, etc.)
- Ability to think on your feet
- Positive attitude, confident, enthusiastic
- Competitive spirit and hunter mentality
- Desire to learn, adaptable to change
- Ability to work in a commission driven environment.
Who We Are – The Courier is southeast Louisiana’s premier news reporting organization and the leading provider of multi-media marketing solutions for local businesses. We are a newspaper, a high-quality offset web-printer, the area’s leading web site, with over 6 million monthly page-views and 400,000 monthly unique visitors, a direct mailer and much more that offers print and online advertising solutions to local businesses. In this market and the advertising solution business for over 135 years, we have helped thousands of businesses achieve success with the most complete suite of marketing solutions for local businesses.
Why join The Courier?
- High Earnings Potential – Highest local media starting base salary plus uncapped commissions
- Established book of business – Existing book of business provided from the start that allows you to earn commissions quickly
- Progressive - Work with the latest printing and digital technology. We partner with Google, Yahoo!, Monster, Facebook and many more high profile digital companies.
- Comprehensive Benefits – 401K, Medical Dental, Vision, Laptop, Car/Cell Allowance
- Paid Training – Get paid on top of your base salary during your comprehensive training.
- Growth potential- Environment that promotes from within and offers multiple avenues for growth
- Incentives- We consistently offer performance based incentives.
- Work for a Leader – High energy environment with southeast Louisiana’s leading media company. The Courier has been named the Louisiana Press Association’s NEWSPAPER of the YEAR for 13 of the past 15 years --- more than any other newspaper.
- Make a Difference – Help local businesses succeed and grow the economy
The Courier is committed to helping local businesses grow. Our strategy is to be the trusted partner helping local businesses grow through effective print and digital marketing solutions. We position ourselves as the marketing department for local businesses: making marketing simple and delivering results. Local businesses will increase their digital advertising budget exponentially over the next five years, while maintaining their print presence. We are better positioned than any single company to capture investments - using our competitive advantages to focus on client relationships and results.
The Courier has the most robust suite of print and digital solutions and the experience and local market knowledge to deliver cost-effective results for our clients. This means we are a "one stop shop" - the trusted partner that local businesses are looking for to build an effective marketing program and help them grow.
At The Courier, all of our consultants have access to state-of-the-art technology tools and solutions that help them build successful, fulfilling careers. Consultants receive a laptop computer, for designing presentations and monitoring daily schedules, as well as a smartphone allowance. These tools help our consultants demonstrate the full profile of our extensive and award-winning solutions, which include:
- Desktop and Mobile Websites
- Facebook Fan Page Setup
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and Optimization (SEO)
- Reputation Monitoring
- Online and Mobile Advertising
- Advertising in Online Directories
- Print advertising design and full campaigns (award winning)
- Fully integrated multi-media campaigns
Today's media world is fast-paced and ever-changing, and as a result, business owners have a difficult time choosing where to spend their advertising budgets. With The Courier, you can help clients find the most effective way to use their budgets. Take advantage of a great opportunity to work in this growing and dynamic industry
The Courier is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace.
Indeed - 6 months ago
The Courier Newspaper is looking for a Press Operator and is located in Houma, La. Houma is a unique part of cajun country in sourth...