The Creative Group Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
I am still Currently employed here
Visuals Editor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 11, 2017
I am still currently employed here and do not feel it is appropriate to review my company at this time. Thank you for your understanding.

I can say that I have an amazing boss and work with a talented team of designers and Art Directors
Creative recruiter
Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 2, 2017
This is a recruiter that placed me in contract positions. Enjoyed working for the companies they placed me. They were responsive to my questions and when my contract ended, they quickly placed me in another company.
Pros
Responsive
Cons
Only contract work
High Pressure Low Reward
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTAugust 22, 2017
High pressure from management with little to no support. 8AM-6PM 10 hour work days. Bully and intimidation tactics such as ignoring employees, only emailing instead of speaking to people.
They make it easy
Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 11, 2017
I worked for them on a short contract and they made the whole process easy. They also pay incredibly fast. I submitted an invoice (time card) on a Friday and I had my direct deposit by Tuesday. They are very supportive and work actively to find you great assignments.
Pros
Friendly, professional, pay quickly
nice work group
ACCOUNT MANAGER- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 10, 2017
I enjoyed the support of my fellow employees. I was testing the waters to see if working for a recruiting company as a business development person was for me and it wasn't.
Pros
nice work environment
Cons
digging up creative work to recruit for was difficult
Very Professional
Digital Developer Contractor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 12, 2017
I worked and may contract jobs for them. Pay was always on time and supports services are excellent.

Sinc this is a consulting firm, They are very good with matching my skills with the proper client.
They have placed me at various place -- all of which had decent corporate culture and climate.
Medical Editor and proofreader (Former Employee) –  Northern New JerseyJune 7, 2017
Writing a review of my experiences with The Creative Group isn't easy, since they placed me in myriad environments. Some were more stressful than others. Stress is the nature of the beast in medical communications/advertising, generally speaking.
Pros
Usually locations close to where I live.
Cons
Working through lunch, for the most part.
fast-paced, stressful, but potentially rewarding
Senior Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 16, 2017
There's a lot thrown into training which is great, but a shorter leash to perform, hit numbers, which is not so great and very little grey area. It's a sales organization even as a recruiter. Sometimes the model can work for you and sometimes against you.
The people are great to work with and some of the management really tries to make and keep people happy and provide mentorship.
Some management shines a light on different things each week which leads to a sense of lack of strategy.
Successes and wins are shared and applauded by all which is a pretty nice thing.
Pros
Training, ownership of your business, some leaders who are strategic
Cons
Short ramp-up period, taking a large cut of earnings, lack of accountability in some key areas
Good resource
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 16, 2017
The Robert Half Creative Group is a great resource for finding jobs in the video production industry. As an independent contractor for video editing and writing, I feel as though they limit the marketability of my skills and I do wish there were more opportunities for advancement or for placement in a full-time position.
Different jobs all the time
Designer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 28, 2017
Each job was a different amount of time, money and location. The experience of many different places was great. I would do whatever so I was always busy. The best and worst part of the job was going to different places, it was great learning different ways of doing things, but never got to really 'settle in' anywhere.
Pros
Lots of different experiences
Cons
never really getting to settle in any where
top leadership, proud culture.
Senior Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 12, 2017
working here was a positive experience overall. My boss was a tremendous leader and person overall. There are many great clients, and tons of talented folks to work with.
Flexible schedule but poor management
Product Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 2, 2017
The company is going through lots of changes; the daughter is taking over the company from her father who longer is able to run the company. This transition has been forced and therefore causing lots of confusion, conflict, and resentment. Leadership doesn't have the experience to run the company. Longevity is a huge concern.
Fun environment, hard working
Account Manager client Optum (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNFebruary 2, 2017
Fun place to work but little time to have the fun as days are long and workload is significant. Management is some of the best I've seen and everyone does their best to get the work done.
The temporary assignments were enjoyable.
GRAPHIC DESIGNER, ART DIRECTOR Consultant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 12, 2016
The typical work day would be to arrive at the company that my temporary assignment was at and work at a computer doing graphic design, artwork, layout, and text editing. I learned to be more flexible and innovative. The management at the various companies were professional and provided guidance when needed. The co-workers were friendly and I made friends at some of the longer term assignments. The hardest part was at times feeling like I was not part of the team or an outsider on short term assignments. The most enjoyable part of the job was doing what I loved graphic design, production art, desktop publishing, and also collaboration on the various design projects.
Pros
There were diverse work opportunities at several companies.
Cons
At times some of the companies were difficult to integrate into the work environment.
Enjoyed my position at EarthLink
Direct Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 2, 2016
Great culture and fast paced environment.

Managed strategic planning, development and implementation of consumer broadband direct marketing campaigns from inception to completion.
Type of work was Nice...
exhibit builder (Former Employee) –  Glendale, WIOctober 4, 2015
The work that I did was fun to do. It let me get creative with jobs and let me figure out challenges. The politics got to be overwhelming.
Pros
Creative jobs
Cons
lack of communication and direction
Plenty of opportunities to try on multiple hats
Freelance Web Developer (Current Employee) –  DC MetroMarch 23, 2015
Flexible place to work. Great if you sre looking to get your foot in the door. Allows you to work for multiple companies and utilize multiple skills.
Pros
freedom to try different companies
Cons
instability
Fun place you can work at home
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 7, 2015
A typical day is receiving a email that will give you a list of objectives or any companies that would like your service in graphic design.
Opportunities abound
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 13, 2014
This internship allowed me to work with producers from major companies. Seeing all the work that went into post-production allows me to have the technical skills within communications.
Great placement agency for "creative types."
Marketing Consultant/Contractor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 3, 2013
I've been employed in a couple of placements through the Creative Group, others are positions I sourced myself. They always find a good fit for your skills, and I've had the opportunity to learn a lot.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Creative Group. Our community is ready to answer.