The Crown Group Employee Reviews in United States

Small plant with only one customer.
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 5, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. The office started to get crowded as the company grew.
Long days
Outbound Shipping Auditor (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IASeptember 11, 2015
Days working here were very long and exhausting, but for the most part I did enjoy the work auditing the parts and orders. I met many nice people at this workplace.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Sometime you only get one day off after working 60-72 hours a week.
Great starter place for someone fresh!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 18, 2015
The Crown Group doesn't employee very many people but they are an extremely high volume output facility for automotive e-coat. The people are respectable and great to work with. This is not somewhere I see myself for years to come.
A productive company in which it had it's exciting points about itself.
Electrocoat Operator (Former Employee) –  MIJanuary 12, 2015
Enjoying my job everyday, i had pride in what i did i learned many of varies of things that i was taught from the greatest,, didn't have the experience but through knowledge and wisdom i conquered it, there wasn't a difficult part about my job it had became a norm. to me
Pros
3 company parties recognizing the workers through out the year.
Cons
n/a
The Crown Group Is Very Demanding
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MINovember 2, 2014
I work 10-12 hrs a day. It's a great place for stability. Even though management seems to be unaware of what they are doing, they mean well.
benefits
Cons
i like working at the crown group because of the people that i work with on my line
powder greenline parts prep person (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IAOctober 21, 2014
a day at the crown group is very busy there is rarely not anything to do. if we are not hanging parts on our line we are cleaning our area or helping our other lines get their work done until we get work. I learned more about the john deere company than I have ever liked to know before I started working at this company. i'd rather not talk about management. the hardest part of my job is being slammed with constant work back to back to where you can not hang one set of parts up before you get another set. my co-workers some of them are great workers and fun to work with but I generally get along with everyone I work with. I enjoy the talk time my co-workers and I have family stories and funny stories we have fun along with the hard work.
Pros
my pros for this job would be the nice people and the great benefits and this job is laid back.
Cons
the pay is not that good, and there are a few things that management does that makes you not like the job.
Very productive workplace ensuring quality products.
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAOctober 9, 2014
Pretty stable environment able to complete jobs on task each day.
productive and fun workplace with crown group
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 15, 2014
busy and long day, I learned different kinds of car axles and the names of them.
good place to work, very productive
Production associate (Former Employee) –  waterloo,iowa 50703June 23, 2014
hot environment
great training
great management
diverse environment
flexible hours
great working environment
Pros
food sometimes provided by company
Good work environment
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IAMay 6, 2014
A fair and balanced work place. It's nice that is very flexible and no micro managing is present.
worker
line leader (Current Employee) –  livoniaApril 21, 2014
Hate this place, you work you butt off and they dont respect you at all.... cant wait until i find a better job... they don't like to the pay the worker ..... been here for 7 years.... run far away there a better job out here this not the one.... cant wait until they close down......
Pros
bad jod
quality
QC Auditor (Former Employee) –  Shelby Twp, MIMarch 18, 2014
inspecting parts not really too much to say about this company but thanks for asking
productive and fun place to work
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  MIMarch 13, 2014
The company was cheap but it was a fun working place and very clean and organized. the staff team was very friendly but the advancement wasn't really there.
Pros
friendly enviroment
Cons
lack of work and pay raises
Hard work but not bad
production line (Former Employee) –  livonia michiganFebruary 3, 2014
assmebly line production make automotive parts. faced paced but you will work.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
The worst place I have ever worked
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Shelby Township, MIJuly 12, 2013
Second shift was poorly managed....As a new employee you couldn't really be trained as they moved you everywhere so learning was a slow process....The heat was extreme as temperatures hit 125 and over...I didn't get a break for 4 to 5 hours most of the time...You have a start time but no end time until they let you go home. If you left you would be fired. You might as well work in a sweat shop in China..Some of the people were very rude, disrespectful and made it very uncomfortable for a new hire...I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.....And there open door policy will get the door slammed in your face they just don't care...
Cons
everything
Packager/Paint Technician (Former Employee) –  Dearborn MIJune 19, 2013
I learned to make fresh pastries daily. The most enjoyable part was working with a great set of staff.
okay
Line leader (Former Employee) –  MIApril 6, 2013
okay compant worked there for long time . but was treated unfairly
Pros
co-workers
Cons
managment
I loved my job
Quality Inspecter (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 21, 2012
Stayed busy all day! Loved my job! I was lefted to work by myself, if I had any questions, would find my boss & let him decide if I should ship the parts
Pros
staying busy
Cons
heat
Clean, Organized, Structured Environment and Work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  WaterlooNovember 11, 2012
As a new employee the biggest problem I see is with their hiring practices. Quick replacements are sought and usually are not prepared for the varying temperatures, steady...sometimes stressful, work. Most do not understand that after a few weeks the work and process is simple and easy to do. Then the biggest difficulty is the sometimes 8 hour days or 10, or 12 depending on the customer schedule (which is really quite amazingly poorly planned). Overall, however it is good clean work and the people are nice.
Pros
simple well planned and organized work.
Cons
poorly planned hours and temperature extremes.
very productive
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Shelby Township, MINovember 9, 2012
always busy i learned how to inspect parts.most of mamagement was really great and easy to work for the co-workers were the best it was like a big happy family.Hardest part about the job was nothing really i really in joy my job

2.8