The Crown Group

The Crown Group Employer Reviews

The Crown Group Is Very Demanding
Quality Inspector (Current Employee), Livonia, MINovember 2, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: long hours
I work 10-12 hrs a day. It's a great place for stability. Even though management seems to be unaware of what they are doing, they mean well.
i like working at the crown group because of the people that i work with on my line
powder greenline parts prep person (Current Employee), Waterloo, IAOctober 21, 2014
Pros: my pros for this job would be the nice people and the great benefits and this job is laid back.
Cons: the pay is not that good, and there are a few things that management does that makes you not like the job.
a day at the crown group is very busy there is rarely not anything to do. if we are not hanging parts on our line we are cleaning our area or helping our other lines get their work done until we get work. I learned more about the john deere company than I have ever liked to know before I started working at this company. i'd rather not talk about management. the hardest part of my job is being slammed with constant work back to back to where you can not hang one set of parts up before you get another set. my co-workers some of them are great workers and fun to work with but I generally get along with everyone I work with. I enjoy the talk time my co-workers and I have family stories and funny stories we have fun along with the hard work.
Very productive workplace ensuring quality products.
Quality Inspector (Former Employee), Waterloo, IAOctober 9, 2014
Pretty stable environment able to complete jobs on task each day.
productive and fun workplace with crown group
Assembler (Former Employee), Detroit, MISeptember 15, 2014
busy and long day, I learned different kinds of car axles and the names of them.
good place to work, very productive
Production associate (Former Employee), waterloo,iowa 50703June 23, 2014
Pros: food sometimes provided by company
hot environment
great training
great management
diverse environment
flexible hours
great working environment
Good work environment
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee), Waterloo, IAMay 6, 2014
A fair and balanced work place. It's nice that is very flexible and no micro managing is present.
worker
line leader (Current Employee), livoniaApril 21, 2014
Pros: bad jod
Hate this place, you work you butt off and they dont respect you at all.... cant wait until i find a better job... they don't like to the pay the worker ..... been here for 7 years.... run far away there a better job out here this not the one.... cant wait until they close down......
quality
QC Auditor (Former Employee), Shelby Twp, MIMarch 18, 2014
inspecting parts not really too much to say about this company but thanks for asking
productive and fun place to work
Quality Inspector (Former Employee), MIMarch 13, 2014
Pros: friendly enviroment
Cons: lack of work and pay raises
The company was cheap but it was a fun working place and very clean and organized. the staff team was very friendly but the advancement wasn't really there.
Hard work but not bad
production line (Former Employee), livonia michiganFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: long hours
assmebly line production make automotive parts. faced paced but you will work.
The worst place I have ever worked
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Shelby Township, MIJuly 12, 2013
Cons: everything
Second shift was poorly managed....As a new employee you couldn't really be trained as they moved you everywhere so learning was a slow process....The heat was extreme as temperatures hit 125 and over...I didn't get a break for 4 to 5 hours most of the time...You have a start time but no end time until they let you go home. If you left you would be fired. You might as well work in a sweat shop in China..Some of the people were very rude, disrespectful and made it very uncomfortable for a new hire...I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.....And there open door policy will get the door slammed in your face they just don't care...
Packager/Paint Technician (Former Employee), Dearborn MIJune 19, 2013
I learned to make fresh pastries daily. The most enjoyable part was working with a great set of staff.
okay
Line leader (Former Employee), MIApril 6, 2013
Pros: co-workers
Cons: managment
okay compant worked there for long time . but was treated unfairly
I loved my job
Quality Inspecter (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INNovember 21, 2012
Pros: staying busy
Cons: heat
Stayed busy all day! Loved my job! I was lefted to work by myself, if I had any questions, would find my boss & let him decide if I should ship the parts
Clean, Organized, Structured Environment and Work
Supervisor (Current Employee), WaterlooNovember 11, 2012
Pros: simple well planned and organized work.
Cons: poorly planned hours and temperature extremes.
As a new employee the biggest problem I see is with their hiring practices. Quick replacements are sought and usually are not prepared for the varying temperatures, steady...sometimes stressful, work. Most do not understand that after a few weeks the work and process is simple and easy to do. Then the biggest difficulty is the sometimes 8 hour days or 10, or 12 depending on the customer schedule (which is really quite amazingly poorly planned). Overall, however it is good clean work and the people are nice.
very productive
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Shelby Township, MINovember 9, 2012
always busy i learned how to inspect parts.most of mamagement was really great and easy to work for the co-workers were the best it was like a big happy family.Hardest part about the job was nothing really i really in joy my job
The days were busy and went by swiftly
Material Inspector (Former Employee), Detroit, MIOctober 1, 2012
Pros: we got free lunch once a year.
Cons: we only got lunch once a year.
*My days were spent inspecting axles & filling out paperwork.
*I learned how to operate the computers to tally up painted axles at days end.
*Management is never satisfied.
*I love my co-worker.
*The mental stress of the job is the hardest part of the job.
*The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I did a good job!
Great Place To Work & Learn New Things
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Waterloo, IASeptember 26, 2012
Pros: paid breaks
Cons: n/a
A typical day at work is very interesting & full of surprise's. I worked at a fast pace and acheived goals that were set before me. I learned about different metals and different ways to paint john deere parts. The management team were great, i just didn't like going to work not knowing if i was working 8 hours or 12! The hardest part of my job was making sure i was getting the right amout of product out to the production floor where the floor was mostly crowed by lack of saftey persuasion. The most enjoyable part of the day was when are goals were acheive so that the costumer was happy.
productive
Forklift Operator, Warehouse Stocker (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INSeptember 21, 2012
Pros: lots of work
Cons: dirty
lots of work but was to dirty an not wanting to pay for the upkeeping
Not always up front with the truth of their products
Manufacturing Services (Former Employee), Warren, MIAugust 26, 2012
Pros: healthcare, quality of work life good
Cons: many to report, as a customer need to stay on top of their processes
Upper management, one way street, their way or the highway. Product process somewhat suspect, not meeting customers requirements