The Dallas Morning News Employee Reviews

Wonderful work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 8, 2018
This company helped me to develope my communication skills as well as my people interaction skills. I also improved my typing sills. They made working there a pleasure. The pay was excellent for the time I was there and bonuses and recognition was appreciated.
Pros
Bonuses, no weekends
Bad hour Bad Pay
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 2, 2018
Had to pay for all your expenses and gas . No time off. low pay.Night hours only. This is the worst job I ever had and only did it because my father-in-law was ill and needed the family help till he could retire.
Pros
Cons
Night work . No Time off. 7 nights a week
Fun workplace at the heart of Downtown Dallas Texas
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 30, 2018
Manage vendors of the Dallas Morning News Newspaper magazine to all patrons in the downtown area. Also promote concerts and events that were being sponsored by the business.
Pros
Exciting . Get to meet a diverse group of people all the time
Cons
part time with no benefits....not technical enough and can get boring
Working for The DMN
Assistant Distributor (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 30, 2018
Working for The Dallas Morning News has been the most challenging experience of my life. The owner of the company and people who don’t work along side us have NO idea what the working conditions are like. It’s a terrible work environment and they are supremently and stupendously hands off and no desire to try to cater to the workforce, which we have to privately build ourselves, to provide stable wages. I officially work for the “home delivery” side of the company, we aren’t compensated for use of our private vehicles, which we use to drive for many miles and many hours to deliver their products, or for use of our own personal devices as the Morning News does not supply us with reliable means to even do the job properly. To get to the point, the job pays the bills.
Pros
Short work hours
Cons
No compensation for anything, no days off, 7 days a week, no hazard pay, no...no anything, really.
Not a fun place to work.
Credit & Commercial Collections (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 19, 2018
I am no longer employed there but the environment was very unpleasant because of the bullying by other employees & management did nothing to stop it.

A typical day at work was processing credit applications, making collection calls & negotiating past due balance with the customer. Also conferring with the sales team on potential & existing customers.

the management was not very supportive of the individual efforts & very critical.
Pros
It was a job
Cons
working conditions
Newspaper transitioning to digital
Assistant News Editor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 4, 2018
Newspaper facing the usual 21st-century dilemma of leaving print for digital. I worked for the print side until my job was outsourced in 2017. It's a good place for editors and reports.
papers
Distribution (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 23, 2017
the dallas morning news was ok temp job late nights 7 days a week poor pay not hard work just bad hours 7 days a week 365 days a year that's all da
Belo is a great company to be a part of.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 14, 2017
Rigorous work day, full of deadlines and cancellations.

Hardest part of job was meeting print deadlines.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the co-workers.
Poor Management
Recruitment Inside Sales and Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 13, 2017
Sales job, was on the phone all day with inbound calls. most managers are out of touch with front line employees. very strict about work hours. lots of changes that decreased perks.
Dallas Morning News was detail and interesting
Data Entry II (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 4, 2017
Dallas Morning News was detail and interesting. My job was dealing with customers by mail. I learned that customers really love to read the paper, especially Sunday paper because they had discounts & coupons. I also love the people in the department. The hardest part of the job was working on Saturday.
great and fun place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 27, 2017
Bindery workers first assemble the books and magazines from large, flat, printed sheets of paper. They then operate machines that fold printed sheets into signatures, which are groups of pages arranged sequentially.
Pros
free newspaper
Cons
not enough time
fast paced work environment
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 26, 2017
The plant where i worked is currently closed down. It was something to start with when i was young but i don't recommend for a career . Only would recommend if your seeking extra income. didn't see any potential in advancing within the company
Work Life Balance was excellent
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 25, 2017
Work Life Balance was excellent. There is opportunity to work from home from time to time; however, the opportunity for advancement or a career path is obsolete
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
No room for growth
Truly a top 100 Company in Dallas
Full Service SMB Media Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 25, 2017
The Dallas Morning News is the most respected and trusted news media organization in the D-FW marketplace. This organization takes seriously it's resonsibility of reporting quality news and information that matters most to the people of North Texas. TDMN also holds in high esteem it's customers and employees who service the customers. A culture of putting forward quality and innovative journalism is important here to make our communities stronger and more prosperous for all of the citizens of Dallas County, TX
Pros
Credibilty; Trust a sense of serving the community penetrates te entire building
Cons
Too many initiatives; .
A diverse, laid back, stress free productive fun company
Accounting Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 8, 2017
I would recommend this company to anyone that is looking to work for a diverse company. This company provides a well balance atmosphere that is stress free, laid back and friendly.
Pros
Exercise room and televisoin
Would not recommend
Production Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 12, 2017
Would not recommend this job was horrible I would not recommend this to anyone very little pay very fast pace on organize , employees was not friendly
Great Place to Work, Industry Going Away
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 11, 2017
A Great Place to Work, but the Industy is Going Away. Enjoy the time you are there, the people a great to work with! But this career path is a stepping stone.
Productive and fun atmosphere.
Recruitment Manager and Operations Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 9, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my tenure with the Dallas Morning News. It was a great company to work for. The learning environment was tip top. There were always training seminars to attend to advance your knowledge of the newspaper industry.
Pros
Fun learning engironment.
Cons
Too many meetings but they were informative.
Great newspaper
Automotive Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 4, 2017
I loved working here and representing The Dallas Morning News. It is a very fine newspaper editorially and it's well respected in the community. They work hard to keep up with changing needs of advertisers.
Pros
Reputation of DMN.
Cons
Long commute
Productive workplace. Work/Life balance adhered
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 3, 2017
Overall, working at DMN has proven to be very beneficial as it pertained to career advancements and communication within the company. I would recommend this job to anyone seeking adventure.
Pros
Excellent lunch hours
Cons
Low morale at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Dallas Morning News. Our community is ready to answer.

The Dallas Morning News Reviews by Location