The Dart Network Employee Reviews

Driver (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNDecember 28, 2017
long hours lack of family time wasn't able to home as often as I liked and when I was home daily I worked all day so it was just like being over the road
Dispatchers were very helpful, always had loads to run
CDL Van Trailer Driver, Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 15, 2017
They have OTR and Dedicated Runs. OTR, you can run 10 days out or longer if you prefer. With the dedicated, 6 days out or more if you prefer. Owner Operators make more money.
I was a Owner Operator, truck notes were low, they pay when you want, no set days for pay, you decide. I would wait every 7-8 days while I was on Southeast Dedicated to Settle Loads. Average Direct deposit after all deductions was $1300-1700 for every 7-8 days.
Pros
you can take off when you want, run as much as you want, get paid when you want.
Cons
Dedicated runs were forced dispatch
Fast Paced, Decent Pay
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNDecember 10, 2017
We all know that professional truck drivers are majorly under paid, for the challenges we face. However, Dart Transit came close. Plenty of miles, decent compensation, decent benefits.
Pros
Plenty of miles, decent pay
Cons
Lease Op.
Only an Intern
Intern Semi-Truck Trailer Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNDecember 8, 2017
I didn't get a complete experience at Dart as I was only an intern and worked primarily alone with other interns doing isolated jobs. I have nothing bad to say about this company.
Excellent spring-board into the Logistics Industry
Fleet Manager (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNDecember 3, 2017
With over 80 years in the Logistics industry, Dart Transit has revolutionized a lot of the elements of modern trucking that we know today.

As someone with no experience in the field, Dart Transit was a very welcoming company that took the time to develop my knowledge of the industry and ensure that I had the tools I needed to be successful.

There is a bit of an issue with a good Job Work/Life Balance, however, Dart has recently started moving a lot of the schedules to a split shift schedule where an employee will have half of the week off, and work the other half of the week. I feel that this allows for a better balance than working Monday - Friday with several forced weekend hours. All is done to ensure coverage of the drivers.

All in all, I think that Dart is a great company to work for and I would recommend to anyone who is interested in getting into the Logistics industry.
Pros
Free lunches, Performance Bonuses, Casual Days, Family Owned and Operated
Cons
Long hours, Poor Job/Life Balance, Top Heavy
Na
Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNOctober 2, 2017
I do not have a lot of recollection of my tenure with Dart. Long standing company within Minnesota with an emphasis with owner operators. Family run company.
Under Staffed
Road Ready Supervisor, Dart Safety Lane (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNOctober 2, 2017
They are under staffed in areas of the company causing issues with taking care of the customer as needed. Customers include the drivers, internal and external customers.
Dart Transit
Parts Manager (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNSeptember 20, 2017
Dart was a good company. They valued their employees, and did have a lot of room for advancement from within. Annual reviews along with good annual raises.
Pros
raises, promotions, benefits
Very good company
Driver (Current Employee) –  Lewes, DESeptember 16, 2017
Very good company to work for. Managemtn could be a little more professional but overall good. Excellent pay and health benefits for seasonal employees
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Volume
Its ok
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXAugust 22, 2017
Its a good place to work but there is so much owner ops there is Times you have to wait (Local lds)but over All good place to start off and get the feel of trucking..
It's a typical truck drivers life.
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 18, 2017
Typical day at Dart was checking your computer in truck for loads and messages from dispatch. Punch in your destination on your GPS. Drive to destination, pick up freight. Then punch in new address for delivery to next stop. While at the dart terminal it was friendly with the drivers but to get to your dispatcher or see anybody for a problem they would have locked doors So you would have to report to a window and stand in line or sit in break room waiting for a response. The break area was very small so you mainly had to sit outside till you could see someone. The parking for trailers really sucked cause it was always packed full of trailers at all yards I have been through. Especially in the Lancaster yard. But the process of hiring and getting a truck only took three days. Getting good loads was awefull. So I transferred to the Target Distribution Center. Well if your leasing a new truck, that is not the place to go. If you have a used truck you can make good money at Target. They are consistent with there loads and it is all drop and hook. All in all it was a good place to work but I should have leased a used truck to start with cause the new truck was very expensive to lease.
If I had to do it all over again I would have leased a used truck and stayed with Target.
Pros
Always getting good loads at Target.
Cons
The pay scale kinda sucked.
Relaxed atmosphere
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNAugust 15, 2017
Good place to work ,can work at ur own pace,not home a lot, can get paid when u want ...options to lease ur own truck..fleet manager is good to work with..
Pros
Good people to work for
Cons
Not home a lot
cut throat short on frieght
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul Church, MNAugust 11, 2017
At dart on a typical day you have to really crunch numbers and watch that you dont lose youre loads without being told because the problem is that when they are short on freight they send company trucks into get the freight out from under you without telling you and youre working under an lease purchase program
Family run company in business over 80 years.
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJuly 6, 2017
Long time player in the transportation industry that made major changes in their structure and vision. They require their network of operations people to work long hours and weekends. They have decent benefits.

Your ability to advance is sometimes difficult because of a lot of nepotism that has always existed.
Pros
Fun activities outside of the job. Free lunches on occasion.
Cons
Lots of time spent on the job...including weekends.
Family Owned
Road Ready Supervisor, Dart Safety Lane (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNJune 24, 2017
Dart has been around more than 85 years and is family owned. Always looking to help better things for other carriers to succeed. They usually look to hire within rather the outside, but sometimes that doesn't work.
Not all organize
Owner Operator Program (Former Employee) –  OTRJune 20, 2017
to many drivers not enough work all work up north nothing sought. waiting on load up to 32hrs of waiting time. not worth it. to much money on a lease purchase program. all of it goes to the truck. you'll need to run all 7 day to make money.
Good company
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, TXJune 12, 2017
Good company but average haul for otr is around 500 miles, you only drive the east half of the U.S. but it seems the brokers pick up any loads possible so you run a lot of really short runs with an occasional good load, pay per mile is decent and lease payments are reasonable. 6 months required otr experience with a clean record. No training of new drivers experience only.
Pros
Very relaxed management
Cons
Short loads
Drive-cam equipped STAY AWAY!!!
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAApril 16, 2017
One of the worse companies I have ever worked for. They have horrible dispatchers. They have cameras in their trucks & nick pick all day. They never wanted me to get home to see my family. STAY AWAY!!!
Cons
Nice management team and very helpful staff.
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 4, 2017
I would recommend Dart Transit to others if asked about the job. Dart really cares about their drivers and keeps you rolling on the road. If I was to go back on the road it will definitely be with Dart Transit.
Pros
Home on weekends
Cons
Not home everyday
great place to work for
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNMarch 3, 2017
A good place to work for. gut home when i like. Good equipment
and good paying loads. help me when i needed it.gut pay when i wonted.they have a let of work.
Pros
people are good
Cons
long nights

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Dart Network. Our community is ready to answer.

The Dart Network Reviews by Location