The Dart Network Employee Reviews

Under Staffed
Road Ready Supervisor, Dart Safety Lane (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNOctober 2, 2017
They are under staffed in areas of the company causing issues with taking care of the customer as needed. Customers include the drivers, internal and external customers.
Dart Transit
Parts Manager (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNSeptember 20, 2017
Dart was a good company. They valued their employees, and did have a lot of room for advancement from within. Annual reviews along with good annual raises.
Pros
raises, promotions, benefits
Very good company
Driver (Current Employee) –  Lewes, DESeptember 16, 2017
Very good company to work for. Managemtn could be a little more professional but overall good. Excellent pay and health benefits for seasonal employees
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Volume
Its ok
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXAugust 22, 2017
Its a good place to work but there is so much owner ops there is Times you have to wait (Local lds)but over All good place to start off and get the feel of trucking..
It's a typical truck drivers life.
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 18, 2017
Typical day at Dart was checking your computer in truck for loads and messages from dispatch. Punch in your destination on your GPS. Drive to destination, pick up freight. Then punch in new address for delivery to next stop. While at the dart terminal it was friendly with the drivers but to get to your dispatcher or see anybody for a problem they would have locked doors So you would have to report to a window and stand in line or sit in break room waiting for a response. The break area was very small so you mainly had to sit outside till you could see someone. The parking for trailers really sucked cause it was always packed full of trailers at all yards I have been through. Especially in the Lancaster yard. But the process of hiring and getting a truck only took three days. Getting good loads was awefull. So I transferred to the Target Distribution Center. Well if your leasing a new truck, that is not the place to go. If you have a used truck you can make good money at Target. They are consistent with there loads and it is all drop and hook. All in all it was a good place to work but I should have leased a used truck to start with cause the new truck was very expensive to lease.
If I had to do it all over again I would have leased a used truck and stayed with Target.
Pros
Always getting good loads at Target.
Cons
The pay scale kinda sucked.
Relaxed atmosphere
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNAugust 15, 2017
Good place to work ,can work at ur own pace,not home a lot, can get paid when u want ...options to lease ur own truck..fleet manager is good to work with..
Pros
Good people to work for
Cons
Not home a lot
cut throat short on frieght
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul Church, MNAugust 11, 2017
At dart on a typical day you have to really crunch numbers and watch that you dont lose youre loads without being told because the problem is that when they are short on freight they send company trucks into get the freight out from under you without telling you and youre working under an lease purchase program
Family run company in business over 80 years.
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJuly 6, 2017
Long time player in the transportation industry that made major changes in their structure and vision. They require their network of operations people to work long hours and weekends. They have decent benefits.

Your ability to advance is sometimes difficult because of a lot of nepotism that has always existed.
Pros
Fun activities outside of the job. Free lunches on occasion.
Cons
Lots of time spent on the job...including weekends.
Family Owned
Road Ready Supervisor, Dart Safety Lane (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNJune 24, 2017
Dart has been around more than 85 years and is family owned. Always looking to help better things for other carriers to succeed. They usually look to hire within rather the outside, but sometimes that doesn't work.
Not all organize
Owner Operator Program (Former Employee) –  OTRJune 20, 2017
to many drivers not enough work all work up north nothing sought. waiting on load up to 32hrs of waiting time. not worth it. to much money on a lease purchase program. all of it goes to the truck. you'll need to run all 7 day to make money.
Good company
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, TXJune 12, 2017
Good company but average haul for otr is around 500 miles, you only drive the east half of the U.S. but it seems the brokers pick up any loads possible so you run a lot of really short runs with an occasional good load, pay per mile is decent and lease payments are reasonable. 6 months required otr experience with a clean record. No training of new drivers experience only.
Pros
Very relaxed management
Cons
Short loads
Drive-cam equipped STAY AWAY!!!
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAApril 16, 2017
One of the worse companies I have ever worked for. They have horrible dispatchers. They have cameras in their trucks & nick pick all day. They never wanted me to get home to see my family. STAY AWAY!!!
Cons
Nice management team and very helpful staff.
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 4, 2017
I would recommend Dart Transit to others if asked about the job. Dart really cares about their drivers and keeps you rolling on the road. If I was to go back on the road it will definitely be with Dart Transit.
Pros
Home on weekends
Cons
Not home everyday
great place to work for
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNMarch 3, 2017
A good place to work for. gut home when i like. Good equipment
and good paying loads. help me when i needed it.gut pay when i wonted.they have a let of work.
Pros
people are good
Cons
long nights
productive and interesting
OPERATIONS INTERN/FLEET MANAGER/LOGISTICS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TXJanuary 30, 2017
First time working in a dispatching office. Everyone there is very nice, the only issues people have are communicating with some of the over the road drivers. Which is challenging sometimes but rewarding when you can finally offer an "everybody wins" scenario
No loads
Driver (Former Employee) –  Eagan,MNJanuary 28, 2017
Had a very difficult time getting work. Very few loads. Management uncommunicative. Assigned as a city/short haul driver but continues to be dispatched as OTR with a cut in pay rate.
Good place for someone starting out in their career
Microsystems Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJanuary 17, 2017
This was my first professional work experience. I gained a lot of knowledge in the Micro Systems area setting up Novell networks and supporting the SQL Windows Tariff and Rate quote application used by the Sales and Marketing group. I worked with a lot of great people.
Pros
Good variety of work. Computer programming, Network support. Tech support.
Cons
They did not pay a competetive salary for the market place.
Excellent Work Environment with the BEST team dedicated to their drivers
Driver (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MN and Knoxville, TnJanuary 7, 2017
If you are not rolling for Dart...you are sitting in the wrong Driver seat! If you are considering a career at Dart make the move and you will thank me for this post!!
Pros
Great Support team
Internship at Dart Transit
Fleet Services Intern (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJanuary 4, 2017
I interned at Dart Transit for two summers in the fleet services department. Management gave me a lot of flexibility to do projects that best fit my skills. Additionally, they instilled trust in me and did not hesitate to give me responsibilities. I would say the culture is friendly, and it is obvious that it is a family-owned company. It did not have the corporate feel I was familiar with. People seemed to know each other, and often time their families. In other words, the culture was close-knit and welcoming.
Great local driving job
CDL Class A Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNDecember 30, 2016
very flexible and decent pay , loved my co-workers , up-to-date equipment , and paid holidays and fuel bonus and short haul , detention and breakdown pay!
Pros
home daily
Cons
long hrs some days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Dart Network. Our community is ready to answer.

The Dart Network Reviews by Location