The Dart Network Employee Reviews

Internship at Dart Transit
Fleet Services Intern (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJanuary 4, 2017
I interned at Dart Transit for two summers in the fleet services department. Management gave me a lot of flexibility to do projects that best fit my skills. Additionally, they instilled trust in me and did not hesitate to give me responsibilities. I would say the culture is friendly, and it is obvious that it is a family-owned company. It did not have the corporate feel I was familiar with. People seemed to know each other, and often time their families. In other words, the culture was close-knit and welcoming.
Fast Paced Environment
Commercial Company Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSSeptember 9, 2016
The work can be very hectic, at times. Lots of turnover, with home time a low priority for company. Work every Sunday, 6 days a week. Many times there is little time available on the DOT clocks, but company asked that you push limits.
Pros
Good miles
Cons
Pay not commensurate with amount ot time put in.
Excellent Work Environment with the BEST team dedicated to their drivers
Driver (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MN and Knoxville, TnJanuary 7, 2017
If you are not rolling for Dart...you are sitting in the wrong Driver seat! If you are considering a career at Dart make the move and you will thank me for this post!!
Pros
Great Support team
Pretty good
Lease Operator (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNJune 2, 2016
2yrs so far, ups and downs just like any other company.mostly good, far from perfect but you get what you give. Been driving 20 plus yrs and im happy . I run pretty hard most of the time, get home when i need to (usually not an issue). If your one of those that needs your hand held constantly this isnt your place. Dont get me wrong everyone is very helpful. But if your not approaching this as a business or you need to take off a week after driving a week. Well than stay as a company driver,That's realistic anywhere. At this point i plan on finishing my lease and staying on.
Pros
Decent company, easy to talk to.
Cons
Terminals need major overhaul (bathrooms, showers) and weekend dispatch is severely understaffed.so get done what you need m-f
Fair Pay
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 7, 2016
Busy. Keeps u moving.Lots of Loads. Dispatchers are helpful with getting you home when requested. Fair pay. The yard in Dallas provides a lounge room on downtime.
good place to work for
Driver (Former Employee) –  Buford, GASeptember 20, 2016
be a pro and ask questions you will learn a lot The most enjoyable part of the job is I learned how to make it work for me getting the most out of what the load pays
Great place to work, plenty of room for advancement
Travel Trainer (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEApril 1, 2016
As a Travel Trainer, I do interviews three days a week. I interview disabled people and make a determination as to whether or not they are eligible to ride the Paratransit services. It's quasi-state, with great benefits and job security. I enjoy the people I work with and work for. I have no complaints about the work itself. If I had to complain, my one complaint would be that there's a freeze on state worker's ability to get an annual raise. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the disabled and helping them with the services that they need to help them maintain an independent life with dignity, according to the American Disabilities Act.
Fuel program
Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJuly 7, 2016
I had great experience here and learned a great deal of the trucking business, very good learning opportunity and equipment. Was a friendly environment and productive.
Pros
Mech support
Cons
Cliquish
horrible place to work
CDL Class A Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJanuary 22, 2016
The worse company that I have ever driven. I was lied to about my pay and how many miles i would run. They change freight from boards so often that once i would make a little money they'd take it right back by not having freight on my board. Management and dispatcher and recruiters have no integrity. No one wants to solve problems and make things better. Drivers are no body's here.
Pros
very nice trucks and trailers
Cons
horrilbe management and : poorly ran company
Great experience
Fleet Manager (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNMay 31, 2016
Great place to gain more experience. Fun environment to work in with great people! Management is excellent. Very laid back environment.
LOGISTICS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJanuary 28, 2016
Asked to give to much of your personnel life. Long hours little support. Asked to fill to many positions with little advancement.
it was good
truck driver (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNNovember 17, 2015
it was good some of the weekend dispatcher's were less than stellar they could care less. but over all good place. I was satisfied with them I had issues at home that forced to be home
Pros
good money
Cons
dispatchers weekend
great people pool table
Transportation Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 1, 2015
I went in and started my day assigning buses. I learned the art of dispatching and all that entails with the job. The management was great and help anyone that needed it. I enjoyed my co-workers and interacting with them on a daily bases. The hardest part of the job was filling route when personnel was low. I enjoyed just being there.
Pros
great people
Cons
very short breaks
Very productive with a wonderful work family and nice equipment. A must try company for new beginner truck drivers.
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNMarch 19, 2012
Dart is a very nice company to work for.The open door policy just adds to the warm relationship between driver an the people sitting behind the desk. As a driver thats important to have that relationship and understanting.The scene fron the drivers prospective is a lot more graphic from his office seat than that of his dispatcher or management.Thats why that relationship is so important.The sacrafice that the driver makes for family is very demanding.
Pros
good equipment, very nice terminals
Cons
not enough miles, pay rate to low
Great Co-workers but too much politics
Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Lancaster,TxJanuary 6, 2013
Very limited opportunity for growth. While having much more education and equal experience,completely unable to move around or up within the local office. Unless you are willing to just be a bobblehead and do what you are told without asking why- likely you also may become unhappy as I did after some time. If you are looking for a career company - many have done well and have stayed for multiple years- others are there only for the paycheck and don't enjoy the job or what they do and others like myself came in with big dreams and big ideas and over time, they got squashed and it became too stressful to keep fighting the inability to do anything more than what you were assigned to do.
Pros
friendly and helpful co workers
Cons
micro management that does not willing accept your input
Benefits and compensation packages are getting worse every year
Rail Central Support Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 11, 2015
Benefits and compensation packages are getting worse every year. Some job positions doesn't have no accountability. And different department in company don't work well together
Pros
Job security
Cons
Benefits packages
Good learning experience for interns
Safety & Compliance Intern (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TXFebruary 3, 2015
My coworkers were fun to talk with and if I had questions they would always be sure to help me. I also enjoyed talking with the drivers and hearing what they had to say.
You're right but you're wrong
Compliance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNDecember 13, 2013
There are those tough times that happen when you know clearly what should be done, but instead the choice that is made is a poor one for fear of what would happen should you stick to doing what is truly right.
DART TRANSIT the best fleet to screw you up . LOCAL work Chicago.
truck driver local owner operator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 11, 2014
At Dart you are on your own.
If you get stack at the shipper/receiver don't count on any help. Long hours Monday thru Friday 14 hours a day where you drive for 6-7 hours a day.
The pay 70% of the load according to contract but really it is 70% of that what DART decides you should make. You will NOT see the original invoice going to customer. So it looks like that : Dart puts up a quote and they get a load, than they deduct all the expences, they send a $ number to O/O and than you get the 70%.

There is a lot of DART adds in which they say that they pay for plates, tolls etc. None of them are true. If you want plates DART will deduct that of your pay check. My 1st contract was saying that they pay some of the tolls. NONE was paid.

In February 2012 DART came up with new contract in which they said they will pay tolls. But they cut rates down by 7.5% and that supposed to be out toll money.

At DART you have to do ANUAL FCMSA inspection NOT once every 12 months but every 3 months ans guess who pay for that ???
Pros
NONE
Cons
STAY AWAY!!!!!
Enjoyable
DEDICATED DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAMarch 29, 2013
Being on the road was an exciting time for me, but if you have a family this might not be the right job for you. This is a relaxing job with little to no interference.
Pros
freedom and time to yourself
Cons
long hours sitting down

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Dart Network. Our community is ready to answer.