The Dart Network Employee Reviews

Family run company in business over 80 years.
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJuly 6, 2017
Long time player in the transportation industry that made major changes in their structure and vision. They require their network of operations people to work long hours and weekends. They have decent benefits.

Your ability to advance is sometimes difficult because of a lot of nepotism that has always existed.
Pros
Fun activities outside of the job. Free lunches on occasion.
Cons
Lots of time spent on the job...including weekends.
Family Owned
Road Ready Supervisor, Dart Safety Lane (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNJune 24, 2017
Dart has been around more than 85 years and is family owned. Always looking to help better things for other carriers to succeed. They usually look to hire within rather the outside, but sometimes that doesn't work.
Not all organize
Owner Operator Program (Former Employee) –  OTRJune 20, 2017
to many drivers not enough work all work up north nothing sought. waiting on load up to 32hrs of waiting time. not worth it. to much money on a lease purchase program. all of it goes to the truck. you'll need to run all 7 day to make money.
Good company
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, TXJune 12, 2017
Good company but average haul for otr is around 500 miles, you only drive the east half of the U.S. but it seems the brokers pick up any loads possible so you run a lot of really short runs with an occasional good load, pay per mile is decent and lease payments are reasonable. 6 months required otr experience with a clean record. No training of new drivers experience only.
Pros
Very relaxed management
Cons
Short loads
Drive-cam equipped STAY AWAY!!!
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAApril 16, 2017
One of the worse companies I have ever worked for. They have horrible dispatchers. They have cameras in their trucks & nick pick all day. They never wanted me to get home to see my family. STAY AWAY!!!
Cons
Nice management team and very helpful staff.
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 4, 2017
I would recommend Dart Transit to others if asked about the job. Dart really cares about their drivers and keeps you rolling on the road. If I was to go back on the road it will definitely be with Dart Transit.
Pros
Home on weekends
Cons
Not home everyday
great place to work for
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNMarch 3, 2017
A good place to work for. gut home when i like. Good equipment
and good paying loads. help me when i needed it.gut pay when i wonted.they have a let of work.
Pros
people are good
Cons
long nights
productive and interesting
OPERATIONS INTERN/FLEET MANAGER/LOGISTICS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TXJanuary 30, 2017
First time working in a dispatching office. Everyone there is very nice, the only issues people have are communicating with some of the over the road drivers. Which is challenging sometimes but rewarding when you can finally offer an "everybody wins" scenario
No loads
Driver (Former Employee) –  Eagan,MNJanuary 28, 2017
Had a very difficult time getting work. Very few loads. Management uncommunicative. Assigned as a city/short haul driver but continues to be dispatched as OTR with a cut in pay rate.
Good place for someone starting out in their career
Microsystems Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJanuary 17, 2017
This was my first professional work experience. I gained a lot of knowledge in the Micro Systems area setting up Novell networks and supporting the SQL Windows Tariff and Rate quote application used by the Sales and Marketing group. I worked with a lot of great people.
Pros
Good variety of work. Computer programming, Network support. Tech support.
Cons
They did not pay a competetive salary for the market place.
Excellent Work Environment with the BEST team dedicated to their drivers
Driver (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MN and Knoxville, TnJanuary 7, 2017
If you are not rolling for Dart...you are sitting in the wrong Driver seat! If you are considering a career at Dart make the move and you will thank me for this post!!
Pros
Great Support team
Internship at Dart Transit
Fleet Services Intern (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJanuary 4, 2017
I interned at Dart Transit for two summers in the fleet services department. Management gave me a lot of flexibility to do projects that best fit my skills. Additionally, they instilled trust in me and did not hesitate to give me responsibilities. I would say the culture is friendly, and it is obvious that it is a family-owned company. It did not have the corporate feel I was familiar with. People seemed to know each other, and often time their families. In other words, the culture was close-knit and welcoming.
Great local driving job
CDL Class A Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNDecember 30, 2016
very flexible and decent pay , loved my co-workers , up-to-date equipment , and paid holidays and fuel bonus and short haul , detention and breakdown pay!
Pros
home daily
Cons
long hrs some days
Healthy Environment
Internship (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNDecember 19, 2016
A typical day would start with me getting work from my boss of what she needed done, in short busy work of filing and shredding. I learned that even though the work may not have been the most exciting, it takes you back to how essential the basics are. The management was well done and very flexible. I had a great time getting to know my friendly co-workers, who were always willing to answer my thousands of questions. The hardest part of the job was finding the motivation to shred and file each and every day. The most enjoyable was having the opportunity to see how each part of the business all fits into one to make the business flow together and be successful.
Pros
Flexible with schedules.
Cons
Same thing, every day.
Good company
Regional Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNDecember 12, 2016
Working with customers and dispatch to fulfill the needs of the company, our customers and our owner operators.

I learned that sometimes being right isn't always a benefit

My direct managers were friendly and I enjoyed working with them. Upper management seemed detached from the general worker and not interested in anything they could contribute. Executive managers were very friendly.
Pros
There were a lot of divisions and it had good opportunity to learn many aspects
Fair Pay
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 7, 2016
Busy. Keeps u moving.Lots of Loads. Dispatchers are helpful with getting you home when requested. Fair pay. The yard in Dallas provides a lounge room on downtime.
good place to work for
Driver (Former Employee) –  Buford, GASeptember 20, 2016
be a pro and ask questions you will learn a lot The most enjoyable part of the job is I learned how to make it work for me getting the most out of what the load pays
Fast Paced Environment
Commercial Company Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSSeptember 9, 2016
The work can be very hectic, at times. Lots of turnover, with home time a low priority for company. Work every Sunday, 6 days a week. Many times there is little time available on the DOT clocks, but company asked that you push limits.
Pros
Good miles
Cons
Pay not commensurate with amount ot time put in.
Fuel program
Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJuly 7, 2016
I had great experience here and learned a great deal of the trucking business, very good learning opportunity and equipment. Was a friendly environment and productive.
Pros
Mech support
Cons
Cliquish
Pretty good
Lease Operator (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNJune 2, 2016
2yrs so far, ups and downs just like any other company.mostly good, far from perfect but you get what you give. Been driving 20 plus yrs and im happy . I run pretty hard most of the time, get home when i need to (usually not an issue). If your one of those that needs your hand held constantly this isnt your place. Dont get me wrong everyone is very helpful. But if your not approaching this as a business or you need to take off a week after driving a week. Well than stay as a company driver,That's realistic anywhere. At this point i plan on finishing my lease and staying on.
Pros
Decent company, easy to talk to.
Cons
Terminals need major overhaul (bathrooms, showers) and weekend dispatch is severely understaffed.so get done what you need m-f

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Dart Network. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval