The Delta Companies Employee Reviews

Don't give them the time of day
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 7, 2017
Very odd employees. Don't follow up with all backs like they say they will. Very unprofessional staff. Don't seem to have a handle on day to day operations. Questionable human resource team
Pros
Possible good oay
Cons
Horrible Human Resources.
They really value people both internally and externally.
Marketer (Current Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXMay 1, 2017
The corporate culture here rocks! It is of hard work gets you lots of fun and privileges. They value people and give out awards for humanitarian reasons which contributes not a penny to their bottom line directly, but shows that they care.

They do not keep any brilliant jerks around here. Two high producing sales people got fired for doing their jobs well, but were counseled about their interpersonal skills several times and then they were let go.

Cool place to work if you can get hired. You will work hard, but you will work among the best coworkers.
Pros
pool table, basket ball hoops, crawfishboils, baseball games, summer olympics, oh my!
Cons
lazy people will not succeed here. Actually, I guess that's not a con at all!
Amazing people and culture!
IT Director (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 4, 2016
The time I spent at TDC was wonderful, I loved my team and the people I got to work with every day.
I left because my spouse relocated, and I miss everyone there so much!
Pros
culture, activities, change
Was ok for a while...then all bad
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 17, 2016
Worked here for a few years and was great in the beginning, lots of employee activities, focus on the culture, events....fun atmosphere. After a few months you begin to see behind the curtain and see that the executives do not practice what they preach and will make normal employees into scapegoats to cover for their failures. It is sad because I didn't learn this just on my own, but from employees who have been there for years and years and have just learned to accept it because they get a good paycheck. Personally I could no longer stomach working for a company that looks so great on the surface, but has so much negativity...and all of it brought on by the actions of the executive team. So while I did have a good time while there, just be prepared that if you go work there, the new shine will wear off quick by the long term employees who are most definitely disgruntled. What's worse is that after a short time, you will find out that there is a reason why these employees are disgruntled.....which is why I left. I now work for a company that lives by their principles and are not just words.
Pros
Events, perks, fun culture
Cons
Negativity, executives
CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TxJune 26, 2014
If you are right out of college. Excellent training. Employees are very easy to get along with. Be prepared to smile and dial.
Fun place to work and excellent culture.
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 7, 2014
If you are serious about sales this is a great place to perfect your craft. Long hours, but rewarding. Career gives you the opportunity to make a difference in people lives through healthcare.
Pros
Great culture and never boring
Cons
Can be long hours and consistent workload.
Lcoum Tenens
Recruiter/Marketer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 29, 2013
I enjoyed the work I did, but the middle management personnel is extremely judgmental, attacking a persons best attributes as a means of managing that person.
Pros
people are very focused on personel success
Cons
director and team leads need to improve their interpersonal intelligence.
great company with crazy disco balls
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 22, 2013
This was my first job out of college and it is a great company! I started out as an administrative assistant reporting to the Vice President and worked my way over to their Risk Management Department. Once I was in Risk I was able to work my way up through a series of promotions to become a team lead.

My typical day at work involves: checking emails, responding to voicemails, processing onboarding paperwork, a one-on-one meeting with one of my direct reports, pulling reports for our Joint Commission audit, coming up with creative solutions to get onboarding paperwork completed, communicating with clients, communicating progress with my director, the VP of recruiting and the Senior Director of Marketing, handling any issues in regards to background or drug screens, auditing files, and diffusing tense situations.

I have learned so much from this company. This company not only values the business side but the professional growth of their leaders as well. I have been able to receive training on coaching, goal setting, P&L statements, effective questioning, hiring processes, and sexual harassment.

The hardest part of my job is always explaining the "why" to the producers when something has to be done. Explaining the "why" creates buy in from them and makes my job a lot easier but it is not always the most efficient way.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the people. My director and other team leads are people that I know will always support me no matter what. They have also provided me with a flexible work schedule so I could complete my master's degree while keeping my full
  more... time job.  less
Pros
great company wide activities, ability for advancement, compensation
Cons
no recycling
Great place to grow, in fundamentals of life and work
Market Consultant/ Territory Manager Illinois (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 12, 2012
*On going training with market trends.
*Always intaragating reality with business partners
*CEO is knowledgeable and intament with everyone
*Hardest part of the job is bouncing bad from a bad deal
*I am always challenged in a positive way to overcome problem solving
Pros
goals are reached and rewarded

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Delta Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2