THE DENVER HOSPICE Employee Reviews

Very Rewarding
RN Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 6, 2017
Loved the facility and the opportunity to give families and patients a loving place to provide care during difficult circumstances. Getting the patients' complex symptoms under control as to allow them to be comfortable and peaceful was the most rewarding.
Caring Culture Passionate for Patients
Vice President of Marketing and Communication (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 23, 2017
Amazing environment in which everyone is working to help patients and families through end of life experience. Highly skilled people who contribute to making a difference every day.
reputable company
Community Liaison (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO 80247August 7, 2017
This is a good hospice agency as the quality of the programming is excellent compared to the many others in the area. The lack of sensitivity to the work in respect to the census driven mentality can be disheartening at times, but there was a change of management that appears to have been positive.
Pros
census driven climate
Cons
honorable work and reputable company
A place to be when you have compassion and love for people.
Perform Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 24, 2017
The team at the ICC is exceptional, very productive and team worker.The work at the ICC consist of assuring that patient's pain is well managed and under control.
Pros
use to be exciting but no more
Cons
The use of PTO and Sick Leave do not favor the staff
great colleagues; management pushed hard
Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 2, 2017
I worked as a middle manager. I learned a lot of management skills while working at The Denver Hospice and valued the commitment of the staff with whom I worked. The greatest challenge to me was the expectations that we placed on our clinical staff - to provide excellent care to each patient/family but to make visits as quickly as possible so that a greater number of patients could be seen
All About the Bottom Line
Internship (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 28, 2017
TDH used to concentrate on patient care, which the staff still do. Those in management seem too fixated on the bottom line and that is affecting pay. There were poor management hiring choices, which has led to a loss of good people. The culture of hospice care is still present and those who do the work love the work. They are spread too thing by management and this leads to an inability to provide care to the level staff would like to do.
Pros
Co-workers
Great People and Job
Registered Nurse (RN) Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 20, 2017
I love the people that work at Denver Hospice. I also love the work. My only concern is the work/ life balance, Typical day is 7 am to 6 pm and the come home to chart from 7 to 10;30
Wonderful Staff
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 1, 2017
The good - I have a wonderful clinical manager who really looks out for me and fellow co-workers, Patients do get the best care as far as equipment and supplies. It has been a great place to work the past few years. I have never worked with a better group of Co-workers that include CNA, RN's Social Workers and Chaplains and Dr.'s. Everyone has outstanding character and loves what they do.

The bad - Benefits are not good from PTO to Health Insurance. Pay rate is below market and now almost all staff is put on salary with no OT or OT compensation. New Management Company called Care Synergy has come and changed job culture and it has become a very challenging place to work with high caseloads and no compensation.
Pros
best co-workers
Cons
salaries are not adequate, health insurance, Pto
Positives and negatives
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 16, 2017
Wonderful mission and fantastic coworkers. Company is too top heavy with administrative support staff and management. To cut cost the clinical staff maintain very large case loads. The medical directors and NPs are very knowledgeable and easy to work with. There is quite a bit of room for streamlining the processes which would ease the load on the front line staff.
Pros
Wonderful mission
Cons
Very little work life balance
Mission driven
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 11, 2017
Wonderful place for mission driven people, however, often in this case money is on the back burner which does not allow for market-level salaries and benefits.
Bad vibes before interview- dodged a bullet
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 24, 2016
Clinical Manger is rude. Was potential employee and dodged a bullet. YIKES!!!! My little one had my phone evidently hit redial 8 times.. This enraged this gentleman.... Small tempers are a sign of small brains. I can see why this job has been posted for almost a month and all reviews have one thing in common .. high turn over.. I am not surprised
Pros
Cons
Horrible clinical manager
No job security
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 3, 2016
I worked for TDH for almost 9 years and towards the end iit became very clear that I was simply an employee sitting my desk and not a valued member of the organization. I was easily replaceable, although my years of experience and dedication to the job and patients/family were always clear.

Hospice work as a whole is powerful and became my works purpose but working for TDH almost made me consider otherwise. It all comes down to poor management, pressure of numbers and the census, difficult team members and little upper management support.
Pros
good pay, great place to work with loving patient/family
Cons
HIGH employee turnover, long hours, poor management and support
Great place to work, very organized.
Float RN (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 27, 2015
This was a great place to work. Very organized, provided great hospice care. I developed "hospice burnout" as a care provider and was unable to advance beyond the RN role.
Pros
Highly ethical company, great experience, rewarding work.
Cons
No possibility of advancement
Challenging
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 14, 2015
Conducted new hire orientation, worked with management to get job reqs open. Interviewed candidates and made offers to new hires. Trained employees on what needs to be reported to the customer so clearances where not declined.
Pros
Flex Time, Free lunches
Cons
No breaks.
Great Company, Great Cause
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 24, 2014
This was the first time I was introduced to "Hospice Care". It truly opened my eyes to the work that was done by this wonderful organization. My co-workers were very helpful and supportive, and I have created lasting bonds with some of them. I just moved on to a better opportunity.
Pros
most compassionate people on the planet
Comprehensive Hospice and Palliative Care Provided
Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 2, 2013
The Denver Hospice is a great place to work. If you like hospice work The Denver Hospice offers comprehensive education and reimburses you to obtain your CHPN. You have little call and unless you want nights you will not be asked to work them
Pros
Education and opportunity for advancement
Cons
Charting can run into your personal time
Lack of strong management, no job security,
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Denver,coMay 4, 2013
I worked in several positions at the company. The partition I started in had an amazing manager who looked out for the team. Every other position I was in had no security and was shown little value. I was "loaned" out to other departments and teams constantly and told not to worry that I would get hours. Yes I got hours but also found conflict between departments I was working in. Management showed little value of employees. Co workerers were very enmeshed and gossipy. Management kept piling on work with no hope of getting help.

With the right manager in the company, can be very worth time. Pay and benefits on par
Pros
Good client care, free coffee
Cons
No breaks, huge area to cover, long hours, unrealistic expectations
Supervisior did not understand the pressure of admissions,
Hospital Based Care Coordinator, R.N (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 26, 2012
Lost their veiw of being a NPO versus a FPO. My job became all about the number of admissions, not if a patient and their family had all their questions answered...sad. It was a greatly rewarding job when I started, then slowly became a numbers game. We were all on our own and their was not a team atmosphere. Attached to our PDA's. UCK
Pros
free coffee
Cons
no breaks
Tense, stressful with high expectations
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 3, 2012
In the finance dept. of the company, the atmosphere is one of stress and tension. The A/R manager is more of a micro manager and nitpicker who like to pass of responsibilities to the people under her in situations that she should be or has been asked to handle. The hardest part of the job is being overloaded with work and having more thrown on you with no consideration or knowledge of your job and what you deal with or handle for the company.
On going management changes, lack of cohesion and view of future.
employee (Former Employee) –  Denver, ColorodoFebruary 25, 2012
Uncomfortable work environment, lack of support from managment and inadequate equipment to complete assigned duties.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at THE DENVER HOSPICE. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6