THE DENVER HOSPICE

THE DENVER HOSPICE Employee Reviews

Best RN job ever
RN (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 11, 2016
I don't even know where to start praising this company. If you can handle caring for patients who are at the end of life and believe in "a good death"--this job is for you. I saw too many futile, painful procedures, and yes, bad deaths at the hospital.
In hospice there's no mandatory scripting, no nurse blaming, coworkers always (always!) have your back, and you actually use your clinical thinking and nursing knowledge. One or two of the office staff have personality issues (admissions, IT...). Where is this not the case? Fortunately, RNs have little dealing with office politics. We work in patient homes 99% of the time. Patients and their family welcome you and are grateful. It's not always easy emotionally. But every day you feel like you've made a difference and actually helped your patients. Great feeling!
Pros
Autonomy, THANKFUL patients/families, helpful coworkers
Cons
Lots of driving (!)
Lack of strong management, no job security,
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Denver,coMay 4, 2013
I worked in several positions at the company. The partition I started in had an amazing manager who looked out for the team. Every other position I was in had no security and was shown little value. I was "loaned" out to other departments and teams constantly and told not to worry that I would get hours. Yes I got hours but also found conflict between departments I was working in. Management showed little value of employees. Co workerers were very enmeshed and gossipy. Management kept piling on work with no hope of getting help.

With the right manager in the company, can be very worth time. Pay and benefits on par
Pros
Good client care, free coffee
Cons
No breaks, huge area to cover, long hours, unrealistic expectations
Bad vibes before interview- dodged a bullet
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 24, 2016
Clinical Manger is rude. Was potential employee and dodged a bullet. YIKES!!!! My little one had my phone evidently hit redial 8 times.. This enraged this gentleman.... Small tempers are a sign of small brains. I can see why this job has been posted for almost a month and all reviews have one thing in common .. high turn over.. I am not surprised
Pros
NONE
Cons
HORRIBLE CLINICAL MANAGER
Great place to work, very organized.
Float RN (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 27, 2015
This was a great place to work. Very organized, provided great hospice care. I developed "hospice burnout" as a care provider and was unable to advance beyond the RN role.
Pros
Highly ethical company, great experience, rewarding work.
Cons
No possibility of advancement
Comprehensive Hospice and Palliative Care Provided
Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 2, 2013
The Denver Hospice is a great place to work. If you like hospice work The Denver Hospice offers comprehensive education and reimburses you to obtain your CHPN. You have little call and unless you want nights you will not be asked to work them
Pros
Education and opportunity for advancement
Cons
Charting can run into your personal time
Challenging
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 14, 2015
Conducted new hire orientation, worked with management to get job reqs open. Interviewed candidates and made offers to new hires. Trained employees on what needs to be reported to the customer so clearances where not declined.
Pros
Flex Time, Free lunches
Cons
No breaks.
Tense, stressful with high expectations
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 3, 2012
In the finance dept. of the company, the atmosphere is one of stress and tension. The A/R manager is more of a micro manager and nitpicker who like to pass of responsibilities to the people under her in situations that she should be or has been asked to handle. The hardest part of the job is being overloaded with work and having more thrown on you with no consideration or knowledge of your job and what you deal with or handle for the company.
Supervisior did not understand the pressure of admissions,
Hospital Based Care Coordinator, R.N (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 26, 2012
Lost their veiw of being a NPO versus a FPO. My job became all about the number of admissions, not if a patient and their family had all their questions answered...sad. It was a greatly rewarding job when I started, then slowly became a numbers game. We were all on our own and their was not a team atmosphere. Attached to our PDA's. UCK
Pros
free coffee
Cons
no breaks
Great Company, Great Cause
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 24, 2014
This was the first time I was introduced to "Hospice Care". It truly opened my eyes to the work that was done by this wonderful organization. My co-workers were very helpful and supportive, and I have created lasting bonds with some of them. I just moved on to a better opportunity.
Pros
most compassionate people on the planet
On going management changes, lack of cohesion and view of future.
employee (Former Employee) –  Denver, ColorodoFebruary 25, 2012
Uncomfortable work environment, lack of support from managment and inadequate equipment to complete assigned duties.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at THE DENVER HOSPICE. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8