A well-known, global software solution provider is embarking on a major transformation. The company is redefining itself and the Design Studio will lead the change.
One of the cornerstones of this shift is the new design studio in Austin, Texas, which will be one of the largest in the world and serve the center of design at the company. This studio will establish the company's design culture, serving as a studio for signature projects and the home of a world-class design academy and training program. The company's design studio is looking for design leads to serve as designers, thought leaders, and instructors at the studio. These leaders must excel at the following responsibilities:
- Help develop a world-class design org by structuring and developing programs that train designers in design thinking for an agile development environment and user research in a B2B environment.
- Act as design professors to deliver lectures and workshops, as well as facilitate initial project work throughout one-week and three-month training programs.
- Following training programs, act as design and account managers to mentor incoming designers for their first three months of project work.
- Mentor the design org alumni throughout their careers at the company.
- Support ongoing organizational development and the studio's relationships within the broader organization.
- Travel five percent for ongoing recruitment of design talent to build the practice.
- Relocate to Austin, Texas—a hub of technology, music, and design.
We are looking for a leader with 5-10 years of experience in User Experience Research.
UX Researchers will specialize in discovering, analyzing, and communicating user needs. They will use qualitative and quantitative user research to prioritize design work and communicate results to other members of the team.
Design Leaders will report to the Studio Director and the VP of Design (both with long track records of success inside the company).
Relocation support available.
- A portfolio showcasing your work
- High School Diploma/GED
- Basic knowledge in designing software products and applications
- Readiness to travel 25% travel annually
- English: Basic knowledge
- Consulting firm experience a plus
- At least 5 years experience in designing software products and applications