The Desmond Hotel Employee Reviews in United States

Interesting place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PASeptember 18, 2015
The environment is a good workplace to do business. People are very kind to each other and get along as a family. Its a very nice place to work.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
N/A
Fast Paced Customer Service, Great team of workers, Not my career
Front Office Representative (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PANovember 18, 2013
This has been a great workplace for me and I enjoy working with a great team of employees. This job got me through college and I am very grateful for my experience here. However I am currently unsatisfied with this position because this is not my true career. Now that I have graduated college I am ready to move on to the next level.

This job has opened my eyes into the real world of people and how they expect things to be. Throughout the day I meet many different types of people with a variety of needs. I must be resourceful as possible to be able to meet the needs of every single guest that approaches me at the hotel. I am fortunate to be able to work with a great team of coworkers that are like family to me. We are able to trust each other and rely on other's to carry out the work. The nature of the work is unpredictable because every day is different and every single guests' needs are different so I've learned how to be very flexible and helpful as possible while on this job.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
low pay, unreasonable hours
Not the greatest place I've ever worked.
Banquet Cook (Former Employee) –  Paoli, PAJuly 16, 2013
The only great thing about this place was the money. The starting rate was a little higher than average. Other than that, there's not much positive feed back I can offer. The chefs were very rude. I understand that chefs are typically mean, this one guy took it to an entirely different level. His anger problems and approach towards people are well documented. His temperamental mood swings make for a very hostile and uncomfortable work place. The "Head Chef" is often juvenile and makes of the very same mistakes he chastises the kitchen staff for. The hotel owners son also works there as a manager of sorts. I don't think I need to elaborate any further on his situation. Not to mention that the staff is very clique oriented. I definitely would not recommend working here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Desmond Hotel. Our community is ready to answer.

The Desmond Hotel Reviews by Location