Want the Start up experience without the risk? Tired of commuting downtown everyday and hasseling with the traffic? If you have the skills and interest, lets talk!
Spindle is a software and integrated solutions division that provides management interfaces and information tools for manufacturing and service facilities. As part of that solution we have a robust reporting environments currently built in SSRS and utilizing SQL backends and SQLRD for automated report generation and distribution. We are seeking a great reporting lead to take over our existing reporting infrastructure and deliver not only great new reports and interfaces for our information, but also play the key role in laying the ground work and identification for our next generation reporting platform (maybe it is SSRS, LogiXML, Cristal, etc. Who knows, you tell me!!). We are a small team who works hard and plays hard. Come get the "Start-up" experience while working for a company that been in business for over 50 years!!
This is a chance for the right person to come in and own the reports development process for our division and make your mark. Ideas and innovations are always welcome in our dev team and we work in an open and collaborative environment fostering mutual trust and respect. You will have product management support and a whole team of our consulting services group eager to work with you to get new reports built and help you take us to the next level.
this position will report to the Database architect (who reports to the VP of Product development).
1) Work with various departments and customers to create new and modify existing financial, analytical, demographic and other customized reports through the use of MS SQL and SSRS.
2) Provide leadership and insight on next generation reporting platform.
3) Revise and update priorities, policies, protocols, and reports as needed to ensure database integrity and optimal system performance and user experience. Update policy, procedure, training and database documentation.
4) Provide ongoing technical support and customization for users in other divisions and at customers sites utilizing available resources. Resolve software technical and procedural issues and implement enhancements and upgrades (focused around reports and dashboards).
5) work with our solutions and database architects to utilize various data imports and exports from and into MS SQL
Minimum 5 years of experience with MS SQL and SQL Server Reporting Services.
Very competent with SQL server. Don't need to be an architect, but must work with them and be able to execute on provided architectures.
Self motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
Candidate must possess excellent project and time management skills, as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
Experience with Web technology (Html, twitter bootstap, web charting and analytics packages, etc.) and interfaces is a plus
Knowledge of and familiarity with any manufacturing information systems or shop floor automation tools.
If you believe your background and experience qualify you for consideration based on the criteria we've outlined, please reply with your resume and salary requirements.