The Doe Fund

The Doe Fund Employer Reviews

Very helpful program to work for, With many advancement opportunities!!!!
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: unlimited use of the computers.
Cons: learning to maintain and deal with the many different people and attitudes on a daily basis.
On a typical day of work I had the opportunity to help the other clients that were in the program with any questions/problems that had with the computers (i.e. Resume writing, obtaining a proper email address etc.) The hardest part of the jib was having to maintain the lab and computers (i.e. make sure clients were not eating or drinking in the lab, make sure they were not logging into unauthorized websites, cleaning and picking up after some of the clients that had the lack of respect etc.) The enjoyable prt of the job was having the oppertunity to advance in my own computer skills, meeting new people and working alongside some really good co-workers.
It was a learning experience
COMMUNITY IMPROVEMENT PROJECT CREWMEMBER (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 22, 2015
The day normally starts out pretty slow the norm for any job.It picks up as the day goes on. I learned good public Relations Skills. I got along good with my co-workers I developed coping skills.There was no hard parts about the job it was my job Ilove my job.
Being that I work as an overnight security officer, there are some nights that can become very busy.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYDecember 1, 2014
A typical night at work, can consist of patrolling halls, stairways, client sleeping areas and checking for fire hazards. Sometimes the staff and myself may have to conduct fire drills. I always practice to remain calm in all emergency situations with clients because customer service and client care is first. I feel that my co-security officers on my overnight shift, is the strongest team when dealing with emergency situations and properly conducting incident or medical reports.
Productive workplace
Mail Clerk (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYNovember 24, 2014
Being a member of this company, I have learned humility. Being homeless, I have learned not to give up, and I am using this as a stepping stone to acquire what I truly want in life.
The Doe Fund is a wonderful work environment.
Community Land Care Technician (Current Employee), philadelphiaOctober 23, 2014
• Performed environmental maintenance for a 65 unit 130 beds and 60 unit 200 bed, children and family shelters(Woodstock Family and Stenton Family Manor) operated by the office of supportive Housing of the City of Philadelphia
• Maintain overall cleanliness of dining hall, staff offices, common spaces and removal of trash
Baking
Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYOctober 22, 2014
Pros: worked fast past, kept our cool
Cons: cupcake mix was ruined
One sunny day, i was making red velvet cup cakes, the owner Jessica was there. She had to go on runs so i was supervising the store until she came back, we mad the cupcake mix, Jessica swung her arm, hit the bowl everything was on the oven door, than we had to make everything over again, mind you, we only had a hour left but we worked as a team and got it done.
so far so good....just keep on striving
Back Office Assistant (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 30, 2014
I've learned a lot working with the back office of NY
such and Data entry, Filing, Faxing, pretty much everything you'll do working at an office and also a lot of mailing work and sorting
Productive and fun workplace
Lab Technician (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 14, 2014
Pros: free luch
Cons: not enough benefits
A regular day at work for me consist of, opening up the computer lab. Turn on all computers, and make sure they are up and running properly. Print out sign-in forms. Check trainees in and assign them to a computer. Help out the trainees with basic computer and internet use. Assist with uploading resumes, cover letters, and copy and pasting. Shut down lab at end of day, and make sure everything is turned off. I learn everyday that people will need my help and my only job is to help them and make them feel like the are accomplishing their goals. My co-workers are very much like myself and always go the extra mile to get the job done no matter what. The hardest part of my day is having to deal with a lot of emotions and feelings from other people depending on how their day is going. The most enjoyable part of my day is when I get to see how happy I've made a trainee by showing them how to navigate through the computer and giving them that sense of confidence to know that they can do anything that they put their mind to.
This is a good process and it teach alot about yaself
CIP Crew Member (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 10, 2014
Pros: it;s a great thing to do
Cons: but will it help you get a job
Collect and condense trash bags for sanitation pick-ups
Assist pedestrians with directions
I learned to always have a hard working attiude
Provide sanitation for New York Streets
Working outside in the cold was the hardest
Having a chance to help elderly pedestrians with baggage
Very educational workplace because of the extra-curricular programs they provide to individuals in making the transition back into society.
Community Improvement Project Crewmember (Current Employee), Dumbo {Area under the Manhatten Bridge}February 22, 2014
Pros: tax free money
Cons: no real feasible cons
I strongly recommend this program to those whom are struggling in society, and need that extra boost to get back on their feet and become productive citizens once again.
produtive in helping individuals advance in life.
field supervisor (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks indeed
Busy and always adventurous with the ongoing work orders,how to manage and suficiently run a warehouse,also maintain management,good co workers,when we have to lift heavey objects,getting the satisfaction of knowing you did a good job.
was good training for me
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 12, 2014
I learned marketable skill while at Doe Fund enjoyed working with staff and helping New York City Residents find destinations in New York
Productive and educational workplace
Back Office Team Member (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 7, 2014
I am enjoying my experience here at The Doe Fund, however it is a training program preparing me for outside employment and I am seeking opportunities beyond my tenure here.
best job i ever had
Janitor/clean patrol (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 6, 2014
always an exciting say at work with the best team .the hardest part was snow patrol outside of the buildings in the cold
culinary assistant
Chef Assistant (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 6, 2014
• Prepared and cooked food according to facility menu; served meals or prepared for takeout
• Prepared and served hot meals in transitional housing facility, housing 400+ clients
• Wash, peel, and cut various foods, such as fruits and vegetables, to prepare for salad bar
• Baked bread, cakes and other assorted baked dishes
• Clean and sanitize work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, or silverware
Productive work place and helps many people.
Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYNovember 18, 2013
Pros: you get to learn as you help other
Cons: n/a
overall a good place to work. I have learn to work as a team member a typical day at work would consist of helping clients with their computer lab homework and filing names and resumes on an excel file the hardest day of the job is getting people to leave on time and working with different attitudes most of the time I will run the day to day business and then close down.
Good Job
Crew Member (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 30, 2013
I enjoy the fact that I was able to work in different environments and locations. The most enjoyable aspect was that I was able to grow and matured while being employed here.
Hard work streets of New York
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYOctober 16, 2013
A typical day at the Doe fund for me consisted of me making sure i had enough backs to change every trash can on my route, sweeping and making sure there was no garbage left in any of the trash cans.The managers that i worked for was okay, they understood what kind of work we had to do and what it took to get the work done.The hardest part of the job was dealing with dog waste and bad weather.The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to see the city while working .
Great
Community Improvement Crewmember (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 30, 2013
Pros: positive atmosphere
Cons: not long enough
Pleasant environment. Co-workers are fine. Typical day is very rewarding, educational & helpful.
Iworked as asecurity officer in a mens shelter
Security guard officer in charge (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 20, 2013
Pros: it was avery good learning experience
Cons: you had to be aware over 300men
IT was where I got my training at a mens shelter for men unemployed and out of jail