The Doe Fund Employee Reviews

the service is good.
Senior Contract Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 10, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learn from each other. very busy work environment.
Pros
busy work place
Cons
don't have that much lunch time.
great fun place to work with pool tables
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 2, 2015
Check in and out of the perimeters of the building in a daily basis. Monitoring clients to assure there safety and needs. I was responsible for daily reports and monitoring the cameras of the building.
Pros
Working with a strong team, good hours
Cons
No benefits, no 401K retiring plan.
institutinal training
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 16, 2015
worked at Brooklyn Bridge Park to start off my employment training, went into housekeeping, and lastly moved up into the kitchen.
Pros
the training
Cons
the program was too short
informative consistent work environment
Community Improvement Project Crewmember (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 8, 2015
I spend half the day going on routes or blocks that are typically 10 to 20 blocks long . where I sweep the streets,pavements as well as change the trash containers and the liners.
Pros
free lunches, dinners, travel to and from work
Cons
Short lunches and or breaks
productive work environment
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 24, 2015
Good place to work so far. Have yet to have any complaints. I wish i can provide more information but I've only been employed a few weeks. I would say that i think that a case managers salary at the doe fund should be greater
Productive and fun workplace
Director of Support Services (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 15, 2015
The Doe Fund provides excellent services to men who are homeless. As an employment based program, opportunities are given to men that are Ready, Willing & Able.
Pros
Company Culture
Cons
Educational Benefits
Very positive supportive progressive company.
Computer lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Computer LabSeptember 14, 2015
This has been a very uplifting experience. The staff have been an inspiration and an asset.

I learned the importance of being on time.

The supervisors were helpful and understanding.

Like on any job there are all different personalities.

The hardest part of he job is staying focused on the task at hand while on the street with all the distractions.

The sense of accomplishment after the job is done.
Pros
All of my needs were met by the company.
Cons
The employment was temporary, not permanent.
loving the job
Out door sanitation (Current Employee) –  2960 frederick douglassSeptember 8, 2015
working in the doe fund has help me a lot. focusing more of my leadership more understanding the important of being a team leader..
Pros
cleaning and telling people how doe fund change people life...
a typical day at work
Community Improvement Project (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 4, 2015
I was cleaning on the side walk on 59 street downtown Manhattan, this elderly lady was about to cross the street i saw her and she was in her bag as the light was about to change to green I then throw my broom and dust pan down and quickly garbed her arm back on the side walk, she looked at me and gave me a smile and told me "GOODEYE" that was a memory i will never forget.
Pros
Tips from people around the community
Cons
worked out side in the hot, hot, heat
Taught me the ropes in Case Management
Case Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 25, 2015
Great company , my co-workers were great everyone got along and it was all about helping the homeless. One of the hardest things about working in a homeless shelter is having to except the fact that there are people out there that will take advantage of the system and you can not do anything about it at that time..
Pros
Food
Cons
plenty of work
Non Profit agency
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 20, 2015
Company was a great place to work learned so much and would still be there if they did not lose funding. Company really cared about the men they helped on a daily basis. Program director always made sure staff was well informed on what was going on with the company and made sure the people he supervised where doing ok and if any training came up he made sure that we all where involve. The company went trough some serious management changes and building issue. The building was falling down had serious issues with getting bills paid by the cooperate office in New York.
Pros
fun place to work learned a lot
Cons
no room for advancement
Provides good employment training skills.
Trainee (Current Employee) –  2960 Fredrick Douglass Blvd New York, NY 10039August 13, 2015
The Doe Fund is a good place to work overall. Majority of the staff there are pleasant and as helpful as they can be. I would recommend The Doe Fund to anyone that needs an immediate job and is serious about working, because the benefits are very good for an individuals future.
Pros
Free Meals, breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Cons
Some supervisors are very unprofessional.
High expectation and very busy work area
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 11, 2015
Good work environment . Always good to work on a team. Always has something to do. Great place to personally grow as a person and a team leader.
great building characteristics good hospitality
Porter/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 7, 2015
The Doe fund is a great non funding program the staff and counselors are very business like. i learn alot from the Doe Fund from maintenance to costumers services doing laundry for other tenants. i also learn how to interact more with others when i was in route doing street cleaning,showing tourist how to get around 34th street & Broadway area.
Pros
good proogram
Cons
Very helpful in helping people get there life back on track.
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 4, 2015
It is a wonderful place to work at and business to work for. it has many trades to offer if you are willing to seek them out , and the benefits it has goes a long way in life in general.
Pros
Free trades.
Cons
NONE
The blue print to helping the less fortunate.
Senior House Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 19, 2015
Working for The Doe Fund Ready Willing Able has been a great experience. This is the only Non Profit organization that has all the right tools the help the formerly incinerated and homeless get back on track. There is no other Organization in the world like this. The hardest part of working at The Doe would be seeing a client not reach his full potential
Pros
Team Work Makes The Dream Work
the doe fund
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 14, 2015
the doe fund the best place to work they room and board you and they feed you after a day of work plus they let you save all your money ceo george macdonald is one kind mand he gave me a chance to stand on my own when i was down and since then ive been on my own for the past three years
Pros
the doe fund
Excellent place to work
Administrative Assistant Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2015
would recommend this experience to any looking to regain their lives. The Doe Fund has truly helped me to get back on my feet after dealing with certain issues which came up in my personal life that literally took me for a loop
hhard but fun work
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phila, pa.July 8, 2015
i was a basic laborere responsible for heating the kettles to melt the tar and maintaining all equipment that was needed on the daily. i did all repairs and helped lay tar and roofing and we did siding and basic construction
no comment
Sanitation Worker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 8, 2015
The Doe fund is a good company to learn from. Great job opportunities To.Help people get back on track and put their lives back together.
Pros
Good Company

4.3