The Doe Fund Employee Reviews

This place is a hand up not a hand out.
Community Improvement Project / Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  89 Porter Avenue Brooklyn NY 11237August 15, 2017
I can truly say this has been a experience for me since I've been working for the doe fund I recommend this place to anyone who is trying to get their life in order
Great company to work for.
Community Improvement Project Member (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2017
I enjoyed working at this organization. I enjoy meeting people specifically the public. The Company provided me with allot of hours. I achieved all my goals and achievements. I would recommend this company to anyone whom is seeking help.
The Doe Fund that im experiencing at this moment in my life is a place where you could make yourself what you want to be thanks to the staff.
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 10, 2017
The days in the doe fund are a experience that i'll never forget for in a time in my life went i needed help i arrived and immediately i felt the differents.
Pros
If you want to accomplish something in life the doe fund is the place.
Porterhouse
Housekeeping/Houseman (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 3, 2017
At my time working at the doe fund I achieved a couple of certificates great place to start your life over again you have a lot of opportunities to get from this place
Doe Fund
Director of Intake (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 29, 2017
I work there for 17 years and it was not a great place to work but I stayed because I was content. And I was nervous to leave. But I took a chance. And it was the best thing I did
Pros
Great insurance
Cons
pay
1st stop
Community Improvement Project Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 26, 2017
This is a great place to learn and to move on, the culture is very relaxed and they play favorites. Lots of pictures and no money. The pay is Horrible and any one on the front lines will say the same. Work learn, network and then move on.
Pros
Company events
Cons
Salary is very low, health care is very high
NO life
Benefits & HRIS Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 20, 2017
I disliked this job for many reasons. The main reason is because of the amount of work piled on one person. The want to cut cost by overworking their employees.
Productive and fun place
Community Improvement Project (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 2, 2017
I learned new skills in the warehouse mailroom distribution environment with a lot of equipment to learn in a fast pace work setting with training and free lunch.
Open minded, Free spirited, and exciting work environment.
Driver / Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 1, 2017
A typical day at work for me is going out to the assessment shelters in the city of New York and meeting individuals wanting to better themselves. I analyze these individuals and give them a pre-screening packet which further helps me determine if the individuals are suitable for our program. Each potential client is given a urine test. I specifically and in depth explain to each potential client what our program consists of, what is expected of the potential client, and what the potential client may look forward to obtaining if they truly apply themselves.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement. Opportunity to learn new marketable skills.
Cons
Not enough hours per week.
Best job ever
Project Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 30, 2017
I was able to help homeless people gain employment and housing. I helped them to live life on life term. I also dispatched with over 5 other sites on a daily bases.
Maintenance and Housekeeping Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 28, 2017
always a good day at work employees was respectful work place was good the most enjoyable part of my job was getting to me new people, it is a fair opportunity work place loved working there
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
good
Community Improvement Project Crewmember (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 15, 2017
My time at work is alway a good day.How to be a responsible person to my job.Management good. everyone by they firs name.keep the park clean. working at the park.
prodective got to meet a lot of different people
Maintenance/Street Cleaner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 9, 2017
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Not too good
Food Service Handler (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 4, 2017
Hard to move up in role. No raise. Decedent place to work if starting in food service. Just keep looking to move somewhere else. They are quick to fire. Residents are difficult at times
Productive and a caring environment.
Graduate Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 3, 2017
The Doe Fund is a great place to work at, if you are a caring person. One could learn a lot of aspect of how to help and/or assist others in need. As well as increasing one personal knowledge.

The Doe Fund also offers a chance of advancement.
Pros
Caring environment
Cons
Homelessness is on the rise
Runnnn
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 26, 2017
A good place to start and learn what not to do in social services management. The salary is no where near competitive and the nepetisim is apparent. So if you want to be overworked and underpaid look the other way. Go learn and move on.
Having a second chance was the start of a new life
Community Improvement Project Crew member (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 14, 2017
training for re entry into the work force gave stability to my life. the doe fund instilled some good traits in me out working hard, being aware, and taking on the goal.
Pros
free lunch/ outdoor work/ borough to borough travel
Cons
short breaks/ crowed work enviorment
Challengeing
Community Improvement Project Crewmember (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 12, 2017
Great place to learn new things, meet good people to network with, as help get any help you may need from housing, job training, job placement. Great variety of training,
Job entailed supervisor responsibilities
House Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 26, 2017
As Assistant House Manager I was responsible for keeping the facility clean and operable especially when the House Manager was not on site. I inspected the facility on a regular basis to ensure smooth operations.
Producted and fun
Driver (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 15, 2017
I like the job. All you do was drive around and pick up people when you got a call pick them up safely and drop them off safely. Five days a week. Best job that I have had