The Doe Run Company

The Doe Run Company Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Purchasing Clerk (Former Employee), Viburnum, MOMarch 8, 2015
I had such a great time at Doe Run. My co-workers and supervisors were great. I went to work every day and i learned so much working there. I would love to go back there.
The People are great but the Safety though talk about is not all that great
Shift Extra (Current Employee), Herculaneum, MOApril 12, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: upper man. is unreliable
I am in a underground mine 20-25 moving machines at anytime. I I have learned that safety and speed will go far. management was terrible unless you were part of the GOOD_OL_BOY- crew. Co workers were great very good group of people. the hardest part was the drive there the job is very easy. the peole were the greatest part of this job.
Great career employer
Data Entry (Former Employee), Viburnum, MOJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: great job to get into
Cons: tempory positions do not last long
I used Auto-CAD to input information that the Geologist brought from drilling underground. I also did a lot of filing and data entry. My management was great, could not ask for a better group of people. The hardest part of the job would have been learning Auto-CAD. The best part was having to learn a new skill such as Auto- CAD.
production setting with a safe attitude
Operator (Current Employee), Herculaneum, MOAugust 29, 2013
several job duties , can fill in any position if needed fully trained in all aspects of lead smelting and material handling
Once a great place for a career.......
Lead man, Kettle Operator, Maintenance Person II (Former Employee), Herculaneum, MOFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: descent wage
Cons: work enviorment
A typical day in the the products department. The movement of lead in the refining processes, the preping of the lead, desilverizing, alloying,casting and shipment of the finished product. Over 20yrs i learned invalueble work ethics and standards through experience and in house trianing. Upper managment is generally good. The Products Dept. is were i worked for almost 20yrs. Products Deptartment coordinator lacks abiltity to to have front line supervisors operate at a same level of expectations. the mix of a hourly self directed work force mixed with a salary supervisory crews allows for this. In this deparment you are NOT equal to others of the same title. i believe the idea of a pecking order is very counter productive. I always thought coordinators were to uphold same work practices throughout a department. Moral is never at a high. it is just liiked at as a 12hr shift that you must get through. Once well staffed crews of 9-12 hourly employees are now no more than 7. this has lead to rush training in a sink or swim enviorment. the people are generally good to work with. and the hardest part of the the job is the work enviorment. it is very deamanding.
I am looking for Job Security. Our plant is due to close in the next year.
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee), Herculaneum, MOJanuary 3, 2013
I am a Maintenance Supervisor for The Doe Run Company. Responsible for the maintenance of the plant on a nightly basis. I manage between 5 - 12 employees and contractors nightly. Responsible for annual training and mobile equipment training of these employees. I have earned the respect and loyalty of each of my employees. As a team or individual, when given a task to complete, I am certain they will achieve my goal. Trying to maintain the plant without the parts to fix problems is a challenge for us from time to time. I enjoy knowing that when I leave work, the work we did kept the plant operational and safe on a nightly basis.
Productive and self fullfilling
Senior Mine Geologist (Former Employee), Viburnum, MOJuly 11, 2012
Self motivating work allowed for thinking outside of the box and to converse with others to improve quality of work.

About The Doe Run Company

The Doe Run Company is a privately held, innovative natural resources company dedicated to responsible mining and metal production. – Read more