The Mecklenburg Times, a twice-weekly newspaper covering real estate, development and construction news in the greater Charlotte, N.C., area, is seeking a reporter.
The successful candidate should:
- Possess a strong sense of curiosity that leads to an in-depth understanding of and ability to analyze the assigned beat;
- Be able to develop a broad range of appropriate sources in order to spot trends and stay ahead of the news;
- Be able to write fairly, clearly and engagingly
- Be able to take digital photographs
- Be competent in the use of Microsoft Office and Outlook products
- Have a degree or experience in newspaper journalism and be familiar with AP style
To apply, send a cover letter, resume and three writing samples to: Sharon Roberts, Editor, The Mecklenburg Times, 1611 E. 7th St., Charlotte, NC 28204. The deadline for applications is Aug. 2.
Indeed - 4 months ago
Helping law firms is a big part of the process for this publisher. Formerly Dolan Media Company, The Dolan Company is a diversified...