The Dow Chemical Company

The Dow Chemical Company Employer Reviews

Great Company to be associated with
Customer Service, Order Handling Specialist (Current Employee), Midland, MIAugust 18, 2014
Pros: great hours and benfits
Cons: not in my career track as my past was events, sales and marketing
I enjoy my culuture here at DOW and look to advance year by year.
Excellent company to begin my career
Production Engineer III (Current Employee), Freeport, TXAugust 15, 2014
Pros: every other friday off, internal job board
Cons: pay could be better, benefits are good not great
Dow chemical was a great place to begin my career while learning the ins and outs of working in a chemical plant as a production engineer. I had a fantastic experience with the engineers, technical staff, and operators within my plant which made the day to day work enjoyable. From speaking with other engineers throughout the company your experience – more... will vary widely depending on the plant you work in. – less
Productive and family oriented
Global Purchasing Expediter (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 14, 2014
Pros: recognition ceremonies
A typical day at The Dow Chemical Company was self-paced and productive. Expediting for this company at times could be intense but very rewarding all at the same time. Management made sure the hard work employees put into their job did not go unnoticed. All employees of The Dow Chemical Company was family oriented and helpful to one another. Everyone – more... made each other's job easier by going over and beyond to make sure help was given when it was needed. So, I can honestly say there were no hard parts of the job. Being able to communicate, work well with clients, and excel in my job responsibilities in order for the company to achieve their goals was the most enjoyable part of the job. Also, being able to work at your own pace with little or no supervision was great. – less
One of the Best Companies to work for
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Marietta, GAAugust 13, 2014
Culture very cut and dry. Everyone knows the expectations and the systems are in place down to a "t." Awesome benefits even for contractors. Love it. I left because I wanted to become a leader. Wasn't ready to wait my turn, but still a great place to work.
Good place to work safety is a top priority
Crew Leader/Straw Boss, Driver Pipeline (Current Employee), Freeport, TXAugust 13, 2014
As a pipeline contractor this is a good plant to start off in safety is their top priority and everyone is entitled to a opinion when escalated to the right personal.
Summer Work program
Summer Intern (Former Employee), Bear, DEAugust 10, 2014
It was only for the duration of the summer but I loved the work. I was constantly busy and productive.
Corporate support role in marketing related areas not very secure
(CPR) Group Manager (Former Employee), Midland, MichiganAugust 9, 2014
Pros: pay, nice/professional people
Cons: office politics, male dominated company, good old boy system
Corporate marketing related roles some of the first to be cut in downsizing.

Upper management tends to remain the same while lower levels are constantly reorganized.

Opportunities to advance good IF you're identified as a high potential individual or are an engineer.

Midland Michigan is an okay place to live. Fairly low cost of living.
productive and fun place to work
Operator, Marine Terminal Operations (Former Employee), Freeport, TXJuly 22, 2014
Pros: great hours
Cons: dangerous enviornment
Dow is a really good company and I enjoyed working there. my only complaint was the pay. Great leadership and excellent training
Good company to work for
Pipe Welder (Former Employee), Freeport, TXJuly 21, 2014
Good experience with excellent safety programs.

Good training programs with good people.
A stepping stone for engineers
Senior Process Technician (Current Employee), Oyster Creek TxJuly 16, 2014
High management turnover, different messages through the layers of management
fun and friendly environment to work
SAP FICO Consultant (Current Employee), Midland, MIJuly 15, 2014
my co-workers are my homies, work together and hangout together after work. our wives hangout together as well. therefore, our discussions are all about work and this helped me to develop real quick in what I'm doing. the hardest part is the COLD weather.
Administrative Assistant-Technical
Administrative Assitant - Technical/Chemical (Former Employee), Midland, MIJuly 14, 2014
Pros: heavy work load - good attitudes and great co-workers
Cons: heavy work load - need to stay positive!
As previously noted, I worked in the Research Center of The Dow Chemical Company. My job, mainly, was to type research reports based upon the research being done in the lab which I was stationed. We also sent a lot of "communications" to people all over the world, including Africa. Often times, Management would hand over some report which needed to – more... get done "yesterday." I would usually get handed this report because I learned to type 120 wpm, including chemical equations with great accuracy. My co-workers were more than just that. They were my friends and family. Together we worked a lot of overtime and became the most productive research admin. assistants in the whole Center. I also was selected to work exclusively for a Sr. Research Manager due to my office skills. I loved working at Dow and usually came in early, and worked late, just like my co-workers. Management was very appreciative! – less
Ok pay with alot of ups and downs
Instrumentation and Electrical Technician (Current Employee), Freeport, TXJuly 8, 2014
Pros: vendors
Cons: spread thin
A lot of paperwork
some management are easy to work with and for
Work groups are treated separate (maintenance, operations, projects and contractors)
Made Epoxy adhesives
Mixer Operator (Former Employee), Midland, MIJuly 5, 2014
Pros: good money and overtime
Cons: poor managment
Stage batches, add powders to mixers, perform alot of specialized task: had poor management, had to think of fly everyday, dealing with chemicals everyday, lots of overtime.
favorate place to work
Production Operator (Former Employee), Plaquimine, LaJuly 4, 2014
Worked with a tight nit crew that treated each other like family, safety was our first priority, I was able work in my preferred field of study, I trained very hard and was able to learn the process of Ethylene production, I learned how to assemble a crew and accomplish a task with teamwork and work unsupervised while performing a routine operations – more... task. I enjoyed working in with people in an environment that requires problem solving skills, and working shift work.
The hardest part of this job was leaving. – less
stable company
Various (Former Employee), MidlandJuly 2, 2014
stable company, some identity issues. Employees are great, managers are mostly good.
Productive and rewarding workplace.
BPS Information Processing Specialist (Current Employee), Business Processing ServicesJuly 1, 2014
I work for a contractor for the Dow Chemical Company. Dow is a positive environment to work in that encourages health, safety and work/life balance. My co-workers are great people and the hardest part of my job is that it is not permanent for The Dow Chemical Company. I enjoy the occasional opportunities for fun and especially the learning opportunities – more... from Global Leaders. – less
Great Employer
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Midland, MIJune 28, 2014
The flexibility at Dow is very good. Training and safety is a priority at Dow.
Very productive workplace with safety being of the utmost importance.
Operator (Current Employee), Freeport, TXJune 25, 2014
Pros: job security, excellent safety record
Cons: rotating shift, unit i am in is shorthanded, overtime exceeds 35%, keeps me from my family to much, i also don't have very much of a chance to continue my education.
I have enjoyed working with the Dow Chemical Company. I have learned a great deal in my time there. I have gained confidence and have had the chance to be an empowered member of a good team. I feel that it would benefit me professionally to look to other opportunities where I can further my skills, knowledge, and have an opportunity to continue my education.
Rotating Shift Work
Packaging, Quality Inspection, Warehousing (Current Employee), Midland MichiganJune 20, 2014
Pros: good benefits package and 401k
Cons: rotating shift schedule
7 Midnight shifts in a row including weekends, 7 Day shifts in a row including weekends, 5 Afternoon shifts. The rotating schedule is a tough schedule when trying to balance family life with work life. This is the biggest negative aspect of my current career.

1 2 3 4 5

About The Dow Chemical Company

Dow combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is – Read more

The Dow Chemical Company Photos