The Dow Chemical Company

The Dow Chemical Company Employee Reviews

Safe and productive place to work
Process Technician (Former Employee), La Porte, TXMay 27, 2015
Enjoyed my years there as a process technician. Great co-workers. Great team atmosphere. You rotate positions so you never become stale.
Fun company to work. Career growth, excellent
Environmental Health and Safety Technician (Former Employee), Freeport, TXMay 27, 2015
Dow is a great company to work for. Excellent benefits. care very much about employees safety and health. Dow cares about the families of the employees and allows time and considerations for family related concerns
Great job for a person who loves sports...which I do!
Program Manager (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILMay 21, 2015
This job offered you the opportunity to enhance your people skills, as well as negotiations, creative, problem solving, communications, time management and organizational skills. Benefits were traveling to every major sporting event in the country and visiting many of the sport stadiums throughout the country.
Great company
Sr. Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), Buffalo Grove, ILMay 20, 2015
Pros: Flexible family/work schedules
Cons: none
I would have never left had they not been closing their smaller sites. I held a wide range of positions there and loved my job. I had great supervisors and great friends.
Great Company to work for!
Project Technician (Former Employee), Freeport, TXMay 19, 2015
Pros: Work / Life balance
Cons: inter-office politics...
During my time there I learned quite a bit from most of my coworkers. The work / life balance was great! My skills in construction / project management increased dramatically during the 4 years I spent at Dow.
Good benifits with ok pay
maintenance planner (Current Employee), Freeport,TxMay 19, 2015
The company is not bad to work for they have good benifits but pay is on the lower side, felt kinda Micro managed in day to day activities.. also seems to be who you know is how far you get.
great company
Production Manager (Former Employee), KANKAKEE ILLINOISMay 19, 2015
this is a great company and it gave me many opportunities that I would never have I am greatful for the time I had at dow but sad the way the company was ran closing so many locations
Has been great work experience
Export Compliance Specialist (Current Employee), Midland, MIMay 13, 2015
Pros: Working remotely
Cons: Difficulty in advancement, need a mentor internally to network
It's been a great learning experience assisting with a global company's SAP system upgrade. I helped with blueprinting as well as data cleansing for each region's upgrade. Understanding the complexity of compliance for a global company has been an asset for any many roles I would obtain moving forward.

I work closely with the DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration), US Customs and Border protection, and the BIS (Bureau of Industry and Security) overseeing our regulated export and import orders.

My typical day involves system block troubleshooting, system maintenance, and compliance activities. I have a team in another division that manages some export activities for me - I guide and mentor them in their daily activities, I trained them and continue to share new knowledge and system tricks which enhance our activities. I oversee the DEA exports and I handle BIS regulated exports.

I enjoy being able to work remotely during snowy or icy days. The flexibility for working from home is also a huge asset when you have children. This allows me the freedom to attend school functions, while still getting my work done.
Overall pleasant atmosphere to work in
PU/POPG/EOB Maintenance Resource Coach (Former Employee), Freeport, TXMay 9, 2015
Pros: Very good training programs.
Cons: Oversight group for Leaders to be evaluated
Each day was a new learning experience from management to the hourly personnel. Each person had their own set of issues.
Production Director / Plant Manager (Current Employee), Charleston, WVMay 1, 2015
Large corporation. Plenty of learning opportunities. Plenty of resources. Highly structured, with sound work processes. Strong and genuine care for safety.
Great job security, lacks leadership
Senior Production Engineer (Current Employee), Pittsburg, CAApril 29, 2015
Pros: Safety, job security
Cons: Leadership, standards
Proud to work at Dow but I think the overall short term focus of Dow is frustrating and the leadership vision does not meet my expectations. Dow's safety standards and practices are best in the industry.
Excellent place to work. Great people to work along side of, good benefits and flexible hours.
R&D Technologist- PU PSI (Current Employee), Freeport, TXApril 26, 2015
Pros: Excellent benefits, good staff
An excellent growth opportunity given to me at a time when at a crossroads in my life. New opportunity in a new area with a chance to make a difference in the industry.
Union Carbide was bought out by Dow at the TC site
Journeyman Chemical Operator (Former Employee), Texas City, TXApril 25, 2015
Pros: Great co workers
Cons: Bad supervision
Really a nice place to work. Work was scheduled by operations. There weren't any supervision or "chiefs" looking over your shoulder. Operators ran the show. When there was a problem it was reported to our Superintendent if operations couldn't handle an issue. Management would intervene if there was a problem that operation couldn't handle. Co workers were pretty good guys. Everyone had a job title and we all worked together.
Engineering Co-op
Internship (Former Employee), Freeport, TXApril 23, 2015
Very good company overall. They will provides you with meaningful and challenging projects to work on that will help you gain valuable plant knowledge.
I didn't have the best experience.
Distribution Operator (Current Employee), Freeport, TXApril 20, 2015
Pros: Paid lunch, good benefits, decent pay.
Cons: Not a teamwork based environment.
I came into Dow in an area that the culture was not good. I feel as though that even though I didn't have the best experience, that there is probably a lot better in Dow Chemical than what I got.
Contract work environment
safety officer (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 18, 2015
Pros: Community outreach projects to improve the community.
Cons: 12-14 hour work shifts.
Safety compliance, I learned that the safety and welfare of all employees in the chemical plant environments important. Co-workers work together to achieve high production and safe work environment. Hardest part of ob working around dangerous chemicals. The most enjoyable part of the job is making sure everyone is working safely.
Dow is one of the best companies to work for
Senior Principal I&C Engineer (Former Employee), HoustonApril 16, 2015
When it comes to emplyee's DOW is one of top 10 that takes care of their employee.

I know many people in their 70's that working for DOW and are so vibrant and happy
Safety cultured business, benefits and pay are average.
Process Operator (Current Employee), Freeport, TXApril 12, 2015
Safety cultured business, benefits and pay are average. offers a chance to belong to union if interested. Most all the Employees I worked with as an Operator are kind, knowledgeable, and quick learners
Productive environment when working with team
Human Resources, Payroll Specialist (Former Employee), Midland, MIApril 8, 2015
Pros: Encouraged to get away from desk, Cafeteria caters food, friendly work environment, Gym onsite
Cons: High expectations, Long hours during crunch time, task could be pushed aside to further more important functions
Worked together with superiors and coworkers for greatest results. Was assigned some tasks to be solely responsible and report results to groups for discussions. If solution is viable implementation talks begin along with which individuals would be best suited to aid for completion.
Great Company
Chemist (Current Employee), Princeton, NJApril 7, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours, independent work, family-oriented
Cons: Hiring freeze, keep you as a contractor as long as they can
The Dow Chemical Company is a giant corporation that looks after its employees and is definitely a family-friendly firm. Although I only work in a very small sector of the company as a contractor, they have brought me on and treated me as though I already work for Dow. The management style is different with a laissez-faire approach. The working environment is rather independent with weekly meetings on goals. Since we are doing research and development, everyone knows their role and what needs to be done from day-to-day. The only thing here is that they will attempt to keep you as a contractor as long as possible to cut costs on their end.

1 2 3 4 5

About The Dow Chemical Company

Dow combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is – Read more

The Dow Chemical Company Salaries