The Dow Chemical Company

The Dow Chemical Company Employer Reviews

Document Management Coordinator (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 7, 2014
Great place to work. Hard working group of people and team players. Feel privileged to work here.
Good company to work for, good compensation.
Fleet and Contract Administrator (Former Employee), Seadrift, TXSeptember 7, 2014
Workdays are busy, expectations are high but good compensation.
very productive place to work the best employees to work with
Production Data Analyst (Current Employee), Alameda, CASeptember 5, 2014
Work in different departments threw the time I worked in Dow, one of the best environment place to work for and the best people to work with always something to learn, overall one of the best places I worked.
A good place for a career
Distribution Operator (Current Employee), Freeport, TexasSeptember 2, 2014
I love my job. Easy work for excellent pay and great benefits. Management treats you like an adult.
I GOT LAID-OFF AND WAS SHOCKED AT WHAT HAD HAPPEN.
Material Handler (Former Employee), Freeport, TXSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: enjoyed working with others.
Cons: i had no 401k or retirement.
I REALLY ENJOYED WORKING WITH THE PEOPLE AT DOW B401.ALWAYS HAD FUN PLAYING DOMINO'S AT LUNCH.A VERY GOOD PLACE TO WORK.I WILL MISS THE FRIENDS I MADE WHILE WORKING THERE.SOME DAYS WERE BUSY AND SOME DAYS WERE ALMOST TOO MUCH TO HANDLE.THE HARDEST THING WAS WORKING BY MYSELF ON FRIDAYS WHEN MY CO-WORKER WAS OFF.
Great place to work with great people.
Developer / Analyst (Current Employee), Charleston, WVAugust 30, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, creative freedom, good benefits, good pay, great people.
Cons: career / skill development could be a little better.
Typical Day:
* Meet with clients, end users, and stake holders to flesh out design and testing plans for new software or software updates.
* Write and test code as well as document project progress.
* Rollout software, train users, support existing products.

What I've learned:
* Self and team management
* All stages of software development

Management:
I – more... manage myself and I'm completely responsible for making sure that projects are functionally on target and delivered on time.

Hardest part of my job:
I've managed to build a great reputation as someone who can deliver robust solutions that go above and beyond expectations. This means that more and more people seek me out to help with their particular needs. At times I am unable to immediately take on all requests and that's always a little difficult for me. I would like to take on everything that comes my way as soon as I'm asked.

Most enjoyable part of my job:
By far the most enjoyable part of my job is when a user or owner contacts me just to tell me how helpful my applications are. – less
Fun place to work, and get the job done
DSG Services (Former Employee), Hebron, OHAugust 29, 2014
Pros: employees
Cons: open 365 days a year, but thats ok
My Review is Why can't every place be like this, no stress, pay was great, we all knew what our job was and we would get it done, and we were allowed to chat a little and still get it done
Political
Rail Fleet Administrator (Former Employee), Midland, MIAugust 23, 2014
Great benefits, and pay, however the politics leaves a little bit to be desired. I was "Downsized" because of a medical condition of Migraine headaches. Although I cannot prove this, I feel this to be true.
NA
Maintenance Contractor (Former Employee), Hanging Rock, OHAugust 21, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
Maintenance work everyday just left to find a job with more benefits.
Fun work place
Logistic packager, chemical process formulator (Former Employee), Midland, MIAugust 19, 2014
A typical work day involved lots of fork lift operating and inventory accountability. I learned the overall function of a hazardous plant and industrial safety when on plant grounds. Great managers, co-workers, great place to start a career.
Great Company to be associated with
Customer Service, Order Handling Specialist (Current Employee), Midland, MIAugust 18, 2014
Pros: great hours and benfits
Cons: not in my career track as my past was events, sales and marketing
I enjoy my culuture here at DOW and look to advance year by year.
Excellent company to begin my career
Production Engineer III (Current Employee), Freeport, TXAugust 15, 2014
Pros: every other friday off, internal job board
Cons: pay could be better, benefits are good not great
Dow chemical was a great place to begin my career while learning the ins and outs of working in a chemical plant as a production engineer. I had a fantastic experience with the engineers, technical staff, and operators within my plant which made the day to day work enjoyable. From speaking with other engineers throughout the company your experience – more... will vary widely depending on the plant you work in. – less
Productive and family oriented
Global Purchasing Expediter (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 14, 2014
Pros: recognition ceremonies
A typical day at The Dow Chemical Company was self-paced and productive. Expediting for this company at times could be intense but very rewarding all at the same time. Management made sure the hard work employees put into their job did not go unnoticed. All employees of The Dow Chemical Company was family oriented and helpful to one another. Everyone – more... made each other's job easier by going over and beyond to make sure help was given when it was needed. So, I can honestly say there were no hard parts of the job. Being able to communicate, work well with clients, and excel in my job responsibilities in order for the company to achieve their goals was the most enjoyable part of the job. Also, being able to work at your own pace with little or no supervision was great. – less
One of the Best Companies to work for
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Marietta, GAAugust 13, 2014
Culture very cut and dry. Everyone knows the expectations and the systems are in place down to a "t." Awesome benefits even for contractors. Love it. I left because I wanted to become a leader. Wasn't ready to wait my turn, but still a great place to work.
Good place to work safety is a top priority
Crew Leader/Straw Boss, Driver Pipeline (Current Employee), Freeport, TXAugust 13, 2014
As a pipeline contractor this is a good plant to start off in safety is their top priority and everyone is entitled to a opinion when escalated to the right personal.
Summer Work program
Summer Intern (Former Employee), Bear, DEAugust 10, 2014
It was only for the duration of the summer but I loved the work. I was constantly busy and productive.
Corporate support role in marketing related areas not very secure
(CPR) Group Manager (Former Employee), Midland, MichiganAugust 9, 2014
Pros: pay, nice/professional people
Cons: office politics, male dominated company, good old boy system
Corporate marketing related roles some of the first to be cut in downsizing.

Upper management tends to remain the same while lower levels are constantly reorganized.

Opportunities to advance good IF you're identified as a high potential individual or are an engineer.

Midland Michigan is an okay place to live. Fairly low cost of living.
productive and fun place to work
Operator, Marine Terminal Operations (Former Employee), Freeport, TXJuly 22, 2014
Pros: great hours
Cons: dangerous enviornment
Dow is a really good company and I enjoyed working there. my only complaint was the pay. Great leadership and excellent training
Good company to work for
Pipe Welder (Former Employee), Freeport, TXJuly 21, 2014
Good experience with excellent safety programs.

Good training programs with good people.
A stepping stone for engineers
Senior Process Technician (Current Employee), Oyster Creek TxJuly 16, 2014
High management turnover, different messages through the layers of management

1 2 3 4 5

About The Dow Chemical Company

Dow combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is – Read more

The Dow Chemical Company Photos