The Dow Chemical Company Employee Reviews

Not a stable work environment
Improvement Technologist - Automation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIDecember 15, 2017
If you are unable to adapt to change on a consistent basis then this is not the place for you. Every six months you will be wonder if you will have a job or not due to mergers/acquisitions.
I really enjoyed working at DOW
Lead Turn Around Coordinator/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Plaquemine, LADecember 13, 2017
It was a very professional working environment. I really enjoyed working there. There was good comunication for the management team. the only draw back was having to cross the Mississippi river bridge to commute to work.
Good company overall
Lead Operator/Tier 4/ Control Room Operator (Current Employee) –  Freeport, TXDecember 13, 2017
Great company to work for just sometimes I feel that they try and lead to where they want you to be. It would be a little better to have them let you choose your path and if it didn't work out so be it.
Pros
Great team work, Good leadership
Cons
Hiring process with who they hire
good
LEAD PACKAGE EQUIPMENT INSTR (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXDecember 12, 2017
they were good, there was a nice working environment. tHE PAY IS NOT THE HIGHEST BUT IT IS A FAIR OLACE TO WORK................................................................
Pros
nice place
Cons
pay a little low
Friendly environment. Team oriented.
Influential leader (Current Employee) –  Ringwood, ILDecember 9, 2017
Leaders are as transparent as they can be. All employees, including leadership, are hard working people that come together to do what’s best for the success of the site and Dow. Many people at the site spend time with each other outside of work as well. Enjoy working with everyone and always learn from each other. High level of personal ownership so you can expect that coworkers will have a high degree of expectations and responsibilities from whom ever they work with. VERY safety oriented.
Pros
Pay is fair market value.
Cons
They’ll squeeze every penny’s worth out of you
good people
Customer Service Representative; Temp (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIDecember 7, 2017
I met a lot of nice people who worked here and had a nice experience. a typical day at work involved technical computer and analytical skills. I provided answers to scientific inquires.
Pros
flexible
Cons
flexible
Fun being a part of a team
Co-Op (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXDecember 7, 2017
Team members were from all over the world. I felt proud to be a part of the team that was so diverse.
I was responsible for granting software licenses for new employees to the company and turning access to those who were no longer with the company.
Production
Distribution Operator (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXDecember 6, 2017
Not a good place to work. They work you long hours, more than 50 hours a week. If you are not in the click, then you aren't treated fairly
If you mess up once then you are labled as a bad person..
Pros
money good
Cons
poor management
Enjoyed my Job
Director of Materials (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 5, 2017
Managed the Materials organization. Purchasing, Planning, Logistics and Supply Chain. ERP systems and department Matrix for show on going improvement to organization
Dow
Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, TXDecember 4, 2017
Dow is a great place to work they hold their standard of safety to a very high standard and work well with your home life schedule. As long as you apply yourself and never do anything that you are 100% sure about you have unlimited help.
The job is what you make it
Office Professional (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXDecember 2, 2017
Managing a workload can be difficult if you do not prioritize or have good time management skills. The job at Dow was very rewarding if I remembered this and the importance of communication. Overall there is a positive culture and helpful atmosphere. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting handed projects where I had autonomy. The hardest part of the job was dealing with office politics among other admin professionals.
Pros
Excellent benefits, pay and culture
Cons
office politics
Amazing Opportunity
Distribution Operator (Current Employee) –  Freeport, TXDecember 1, 2017
DOW is an amazing company to work for. Great pay even without a degree. Its hard to find a job without a degree that will pay this much and include the job securtity and benefitis like Dow does. My only reason for leaving the company is more of a personal issue. The Dow Chemical plant is located in a small town in Texas called Freeport. I moved my wife ,my daughter and I here from Florida away from all our family and friends. there is no entertainment or value of life here. just work and home on repeat.
Pros
opportunity for advancement
Cons
location of plant is in slow and boring area
good job, managed poorly
Site Logistics Operator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 27, 2017
good job, managed poorly. You can make a lot of money but your home life will suffer. If you have kids that are active you will miss a lot.. the job itself isn't bad but there moral makes it hard to give this a better than mediocre review
Pros
good pay
Cons
favortism, racism, nepotism
Long Hours under staffed
PMDI/Environmental Chemical Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Freeport, TXNovember 26, 2017
Do more with less... Operators often work 16 hour days and are forced to work most scheduled days off due to lack of staffing. The work can be very stressful and very competitive. Work with toxic chemicals that require wearing breathing air and full body PPE entire shift. Management sees Operators as numbers and replaceable.
Pros
Great money and "some room for advancement with right degree"
Cons
Dow supports salary staff and doesn't value hourly employees.
Great place
Production Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, ILNovember 21, 2017
Great place to work, employees are great, management is great. Lots of OT.
Easy to build on your career.
They're advancement and orientation lack though.
Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Midland, MINovember 20, 2017
Great place to work. I supported a great global team. Both my customers and my team were located globally.

The position that I had was temporary and I need to continue looking for permanent employment.
Dow Review
Mechanical Specialist Leader (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 20, 2017
My day started with reviewing my work load and prioritize my work for the day.The management team support was good, and I enjoyed my job. I learned some new skills set that I was able to use every day at the work place.
Pros
Great Place to work!
Worst job I've ever had
Improvement Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CANovember 17, 2017
Stay away from Dow this place was as toxic of a job that I have ever seen. The engineers are cut throat and they want to make you look dumb. No team work and plenty of blaming people.
very productive place to work
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Newark, DENovember 16, 2017
I would love to work for this company if there is no other opportunity for a job in a few days I hope I get this job with this company I look forward to getting into this company if the opportunity presents its self
Pros
Very busy job
Cons
standing long hours
operator (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVNovember 16, 2017
Long hours great pay looking for something less stressful at my age. I have worked for 43 years in mining and chemical plants. Looking for something a little less time consuming lso.
Pros
great pay good benefits
Cons
A lot of hours and very stressful handling chemicals.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Dow Chemical Company. Our community is ready to answer.