The Dow Chemical Company

The Dow Chemical Company Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 15, 2017
Great environment , very diverse, I enjoyed being able to learn new things, very fast paced and I've learned how to adapt to change well. I enjoyed working at Dow
Experience
Distribution Operator (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXMarch 14, 2017
Good learning experiences with this company. Many of my co-workers were well trained and informed of processes and changes. I would recommend this company to others.
Very good company!
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIMarch 13, 2017
Loved working there and never had problem with anyone. Picked up non-stop overtime hours if asked. Was never late and never missed a day. Was very disappointed in my boss for the actions he took for my ankle sprain. That is literally the only complaint I had with the whole company.
Pros
Very good people and had a blast working with my co-workers.
Cons
Boss temporally unemployed me for a sprained ankle that happened outside of work.
Great training
Sr. Rotating Equipment Analyst (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXMarch 12, 2017
Performed maintenance on mechanical equipment in the Dow plants on equipment such as Turbines, Compressors, Gear boxes, Centrifuges, Blowers, Mixers, Pumps and not limited to.
Pros
learning
Ok place to work
Finishing Technician (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEMarch 8, 2017
Typical day consist of starting up the machines and reviewing orders that need to be processed. So far I have learned to run 2 different machines and how to inspect finished products. Management has an easy open door policy, so speaking with them is not stressful. Can't really describe the workplace culture, everyone has a specific job. And it is set up as an assembly line so someone has to finish their work before the next person gets their work. The hardest part of the job is the down time. Again if someone isn't completed their orders the next person has no work to do. Then you are looking for work or asking others if they needs assistance so you are not standing around doing nothing.
Very productive and great people to learn from
Welder (Former Employee) –  Plaquemine, LAMarch 7, 2017
Worked very hard and learned a lot very quick. Made good hours. Great money got laid off because iron workers were done. Need to find job as soon as possible
Pros
Very helpful people
Cons
Not enough equipment
Places with a lot of knowledgeable people
Senior Analytical Chemist (Current Employee) –  Freeport, TXMarch 7, 2017
A place with flexible hours, good benefits, open culture and nice people! As an employee, you have the chance to work with people with R&D experience, manufacturing background, marketing expertise, and so on. Of course, this place is full of smart people and can be very competitive.
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Plaquemine, LAMarch 6, 2017
Inspect equipment for damages and preventive maintenance. Trouble shoot control valves and write work orders.
Pressure test equipment for leaks and check rotation of pumps after maintenance work.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Long commute
Weighmaster/operator (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, WVFebruary 27, 2017
Place was very enjoyable
Learned about chemical operations
Enjoyed loading and unloading tank trucks and cars with chemicals..
Was certified on bill of ladening and operation of scales
Productive enviroment
MANUFACTURING AND ENGINEERING OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Lydia, LAFebruary 24, 2017
I enjoy being able to see the final product that comes from all of our time and abilities. The personnel are all close and friendly to everyone they meet.

Want to know more about The Dow Chemical Company?

Ask a question
Strict rules
Piping Drafter (Former Employee) –  Plaquemine, LAFebruary 24, 2017
strict rules on time. Had to punch a clock to enter and leave and break and lunch times were monitored. Pushed for work to be produced on a quantity basis not quality.
Great people, an excellent opportunity to learn new skills
Work Activity Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 23, 2017
Start at 5am, review the daily schedule, schedule the daily schedule for the entire maintenance team, prepare safety meeting material. Safety meeting, pull backlog from SAP and add appropriate item to daily schedule and issue work schedule by 6:30am. Adjust schedule as breaking are call in, Pull jobs from SAP and scope and write job plans. Morning production/maintenance planning meeting. walk each assign job and check progress, reschedule help if needed. Walk break-ins and adjust schedule as needed.
Call outside contractors and schedule if needed, scope and plan their jobs on site. Walk plant to identify capital projects.
I learned production critical needs and identified the equipment that was most important to keep production running.
Culture was that maintenance should handle most equipment problems.
Management was in transition
Scheduling meeting time with all the hands on nature of the job.
I enjoyed learning new aspect of the job.
Pros
People, benefits, and pay
Cons
small site
Culture to learn and drive new ideas
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAFebruary 23, 2017
I had the opportunity to learn and become expert at many new technologies and learn to use many new instruments while at Dow. These include solar, printed circuits, plating on plastics, surface finishing as well as new direct plating methods. I have the benefit of using and becoming expert at using both the Scanning electron microscope and scanning tunneling microscope as well as autotitrators, 3D modeling scopes/pro and many others to mention.

My experience also includes quality improvements to current products and processes. This also include many on-site trials to test the improvements in a real-world manufacturing environment.
great
Sr. Admin Asst. - Corporate Risk Management (Current Employee) –  Midland, MIFebruary 21, 2017
I love working here. Just looking to maybe relocate. It is an awesome place to work. Great family/work balance. Recommend it to anyone!
Solid company.
Process Engineering Specialist (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXFebruary 19, 2017
Had the opportunities to work in multiple functions of the petrochemical industry from manufacturing to technical services and Process Engineering. Company has a strong focus on safety and technical training.
Pros
Broad experience.
Not Enough Sleep
Lab Analyst (Current Employee) –  Plaquemine, LAFebruary 18, 2017
I work here and I drive from Lafayette la to Plaquemine. I don't have and don't get sleep. You lose time by driving and the traffic is always backed up. Too much politics
Great place if you have the right leadership
Operational Excellence Specialist (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXFebruary 17, 2017
People who aren't leaders are promoted to those positions and ultimately ruin good talent. Specific workplace culture was the worst I've ever experienced.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
bad leaders
good company to start from
Distribution Operator (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXFebruary 16, 2017
dow is a great stepping stone to work for. they have good benfits amd great job safety just not a company you would want to work for the rest of your carear there
Pros
benefits pay
Cons
managment
Very Rigid but ok place to work.
Senior Expediting / Buyer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 16, 2017
Very structured day regiment that include many learning sessions and the co-workers are friendly, but some management is ok depending what department they are over. It was not the most difficult job but as new management took over it became very stressful.
Pros
You get a hour for lunch and two fifthteen minutes breaks.
development program is too long
Intern (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIFebruary 6, 2017
10 years for a development program is too long. give more opportunities to go to texas or lousiana or other locations. corporate jet is cool.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Dow Chemical Company. Our community is ready to answer.

The Dow Chemical Company Reviews by Location