The Dow Chemical Company

The Dow Chemical Company Employee Reviews

dow
Hole Watch / Fire Watch Safety Attendant (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJune 24, 2015
Pros: the pay
Cons: rain out days
Great place to work its always something new to learn great peolpe in the company nothing hard about the day very great place to work
Great environment
Sr. Civil Structural Engineer, PE (Current Employee), Freeport, TXJune 17, 2015
Pros: Work life balance
Cons: distance from Houston. I like the big city
I have had the opportunity to work on projects from very small to mega projects all while at DOW in Freeport TX. There are many older engineers that have great experience both at Freeport plants and other DOW plants around the world, and they love to share their knowledge and experiences with younger engineers. I have had the opportunity to travel to a few of the other plants in the region and even one in Mexico, all the DOW employees I have had the opportunity to work with have been great to work with. It is very easy to show up to work here everyday.
Great place to work that allows you plenty of family time when needed
Sr. Process Control Hardware Technologist (Current Employee), Freeport, TXJune 16, 2015
Pros: Lots of experienced people with knowledge
Cons: Vision plan isn't that good
Awesome place, great benefits and plenty of nice people that help out when needed. When you have issues that need to be taken care of Dow allows you time off without question.
Job could be challengin
Senior Technologist R&D (Former Employee), Buffalo Grove, ILJune 15, 2015
Pros: People were team players.
Cons: Not enough rescoures
You will work on many things from customers samples, product improvement/development, team projects, safety, they offer many online classes and training.
Overall good place to work.
Transportation Regulatory Specialist (Current Employee), Midland, MIJune 13, 2015
The people at the Dow Chemical Company are nice and I enjoy working there but the location is not ideal.

40 hour work weeks are standard.

The management cares about their employees and supports a work/life balance.
Great Work Life Balance
Intern (Former Employee), Midland, MIJune 12, 2015
Pros: Lots to learn, pay, interesting work
Cons: Location
Great company to work for. You learn a lot and have many opportunities as an intern. They organize seminars, networking events, and many other social events.
Production and Safety
Chemical Plant Operator (Former Employee), Deer Park, TXJune 12, 2015
Pros: Excellent benefits
Cons: Breaks
Inspected and operated equipment such as pumps, reactors, valves, cooling towers, heat exchangers, pods, distillations, scrubber units, and storage product tanks and provided plant wide logistical support with heavy equipment. Mixed and Prepared Oil Additives for Batch. Provided support with barge transfers to storage tanks, fueling diesel generators. Used SAP software system to upgrade customer profiles and to order and monitor inventory. Computer skills a plus.
Lots of work
Project Procurement Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 9, 2015
Pros: cake once a month
Cons: new processes
Lack of structure. Micro-Manage, Tedious tasks, mundane work experience. No sense of accomplishment. Many emplyoyees stay contract for long periods of time with little to no growth opportunities. Strict work environment.
Great workplace fun enviroment
Technical Co-op (Former Employee), Midland, MIJune 8, 2015
This workplace was exciting and I had learned a lot about new technology. There were ample amounts of mentors who were willing to teach you anything that they could. The pay and education reimbursement was exceptional.
Challenging with good growth potential
R&D Manager / Greenbelt Project Leader (Current Employee), NJJune 8, 2015
DOW Chemical is a company focused on continual innovation and continual growth. Working within the Electronic Materials Division, R&D focus is very exciting and challenging.
Mentorship was excellent
Intern in Manufacturing and Engineering Division (Former Employee), Freeport, TXJune 3, 2015
Pros: Good schedule
Cons: Humid weather and lots of mosquitoes.
As my first exposure to the industrial work, Dow allowed me to have a great experience as an intern. With different projects, I was able to get real experience as a chemical engineer.
Great!
Maintenance Engineer Co-op (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNMay 30, 2015
Dow Chemical Company has a great culture. Employees and leader collaborate to provide superior results. Great work/life balance.
Safe and productive place to work
Process Technician (Former Employee), La Porte, TXMay 27, 2015
Enjoyed my years there as a process technician. Great co-workers. Great team atmosphere. You rotate positions so you never become stale.
Fun company to work. Career growth, excellent
Environmental Health and Safety Technician (Former Employee), Freeport, TXMay 27, 2015
Dow is a great company to work for. Excellent benefits. care very much about employees safety and health. Dow cares about the families of the employees and allows time and considerations for family related concerns
Great job for a person who loves sports...which I do!
Program Manager (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILMay 21, 2015
This job offered you the opportunity to enhance your people skills, as well as negotiations, creative, problem solving, communications, time management and organizational skills. Benefits were traveling to every major sporting event in the country and visiting many of the sport stadiums throughout the country.
Great company
Sr. Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), Buffalo Grove, ILMay 20, 2015
Pros: Flexible family/work schedules
Cons: none
I would have never left had they not been closing their smaller sites. I held a wide range of positions there and loved my job. I had great supervisors and great friends.
Great Company to work for!
Project Technician (Former Employee), Freeport, TXMay 19, 2015
Pros: Work / Life balance
Cons: inter-office politics...
During my time there I learned quite a bit from most of my coworkers. The work / life balance was great! My skills in construction / project management increased dramatically during the 4 years I spent at Dow.
Good benifits with ok pay
maintenance planner (Current Employee), Freeport,TxMay 19, 2015
The company is not bad to work for they have good benifits but pay is on the lower side, felt kinda Micro managed in day to day activities.. also seems to be who you know is how far you get.
great company
Production Manager (Former Employee), KANKAKEE ILLINOISMay 19, 2015
this is a great company and it gave me many opportunities that I would never have I am greatful for the time I had at dow but sad the way the company was ran closing so many locations
Has been great work experience
Export Compliance Specialist (Current Employee), Midland, MIMay 13, 2015
Pros: Working remotely
Cons: Difficulty in advancement, need a mentor internally to network
It's been a great learning experience assisting with a global company's SAP system upgrade. I helped with blueprinting as well as data cleansing for each region's upgrade. Understanding the complexity of compliance for a global company has been an asset for any many roles I would obtain moving forward.

I work closely with the DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration), US Customs and Border protection, and the BIS (Bureau of Industry and Security) overseeing our regulated export and import orders.

My typical day involves system block troubleshooting, system maintenance, and compliance activities. I have a team in another division that manages some export activities for me - I guide and mentor them in their daily activities, I trained them and continue to share new knowledge and system tricks which enhance our activities. I oversee the DEA exports and I handle BIS regulated exports.

I enjoy being able to work remotely during snowy or icy days. The flexibility for working from home is also a huge asset when you have children. This allows me the freedom to attend school functions, while still getting my work done.

1 2 3 4 5

About The Dow Chemical Company

Dow combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is – Read more

The Dow Chemical Company Salaries