The Dow Chemical Company

The Dow Chemical Company Employer Reviews

Fortune 500 life
GLOBAL PURCHASING SYSTEMS SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Midland, MISeptember 24, 2014
Great company to work for, esp fresh from college with multiple locations and travel opportunities; participated in cross functional and multi-location teams
Hard work
Chemical Formulator (Former Employee), Ringwood IL.September 23, 2014
Most of the chemical formulations were difficult to make but well explained.
Solid company
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Deer Park, TXSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: stable company with many opportunities within
Cons: part of company is union and part is not. causes some conflict when trying to get work completed
Company provides good pay with benefits. Has a long history in the Chemical industry and diversifies very well. Typical day includes meetings about ongoing work as well as jobsite visits to ensure work is being completed safely and accurately.
Process Operator/Technical Advisor Supervisor (Former Employee), Texas City, TXSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: good wages and interesting people to work with.
Cons: slow advancement, although i was promoted to supervisor.
Worked there for Union Carbide/Dow Chemical for 25 years. Good place to work in the Petro-Chemical business.
Good place to learn, gain expirence, edgucation and career advancement
Production Operator (Former Employee), Lake Jackson, TXSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: good training, and career advancement
Cons: poor benefits
Dow is a great place to work. I worked on shift, learned a lot from vigorious training and from a turnaround at Dow
Productive and fun workplace
Fabrication Technician (Current Employee), New Iberia, LASeptember 9, 2014
best place to work
learn how to operate machines
to work and be productive with others
nothing hard about work
i enjoy working with machines
Document Management Coordinator (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 7, 2014
Great place to work. Hard working group of people and team players. Feel privileged to work here.
Good company to work for, good compensation.
Fleet and Contract Administrator (Former Employee), Seadrift, TXSeptember 7, 2014
Workdays are busy, expectations are high but good compensation.
very productive place to work the best employees to work with
Production Data Analyst (Current Employee), Alameda, CASeptember 5, 2014
Work in different departments threw the time I worked in Dow, one of the best environment place to work for and the best people to work with always something to learn, overall one of the best places I worked.
A good place for a career
Distribution Operator (Current Employee), Freeport, TexasSeptember 2, 2014
I love my job. Easy work for excellent pay and great benefits. Management treats you like an adult.
I GOT LAID-OFF AND WAS SHOCKED AT WHAT HAD HAPPEN.
Material Handler (Former Employee), Freeport, TXSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: enjoyed working with others.
Cons: i had no 401k or retirement.
I REALLY ENJOYED WORKING WITH THE PEOPLE AT DOW B401.ALWAYS HAD FUN PLAYING DOMINO'S AT LUNCH.A VERY GOOD PLACE TO WORK.I WILL MISS THE FRIENDS I MADE WHILE WORKING THERE.SOME DAYS WERE BUSY AND SOME DAYS WERE ALMOST TOO MUCH TO HANDLE.THE HARDEST THING WAS WORKING BY MYSELF ON FRIDAYS WHEN MY CO-WORKER WAS OFF.
Great place to work with great people.
Developer / Analyst (Current Employee), Charleston, WVAugust 30, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, creative freedom, good benefits, good pay, great people.
Cons: career / skill development could be a little better.
Typical Day:
* Meet with clients, end users, and stake holders to flesh out design and testing plans for new software or software updates.
* Write and test code as well as document project progress.
* Rollout software, train users, support existing products.

What I've learned:
* Self and team management
* All stages of software development

Management:
I – more... manage myself and I'm completely responsible for making sure that projects are functionally on target and delivered on time.

Hardest part of my job:
I've managed to build a great reputation as someone who can deliver robust solutions that go above and beyond expectations. This means that more and more people seek me out to help with their particular needs. At times I am unable to immediately take on all requests and that's always a little difficult for me. I would like to take on everything that comes my way as soon as I'm asked.

Most enjoyable part of my job:
By far the most enjoyable part of my job is when a user or owner contacts me just to tell me how helpful my applications are. – less
Fun place to work, and get the job done
DSG Services (Former Employee), Hebron, OHAugust 29, 2014
Pros: employees
Cons: open 365 days a year, but thats ok
My Review is Why can't every place be like this, no stress, pay was great, we all knew what our job was and we would get it done, and we were allowed to chat a little and still get it done
Political
Rail Fleet Administrator (Former Employee), Midland, MIAugust 23, 2014
Great benefits, and pay, however the politics leaves a little bit to be desired. I was "Downsized" because of a medical condition of Migraine headaches. Although I cannot prove this, I feel this to be true.
NA
Maintenance Contractor (Former Employee), Hanging Rock, OHAugust 21, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
Maintenance work everyday just left to find a job with more benefits.
Fun work place
Logistic packager, chemical process formulator (Former Employee), Midland, MIAugust 19, 2014
A typical work day involved lots of fork lift operating and inventory accountability. I learned the overall function of a hazardous plant and industrial safety when on plant grounds. Great managers, co-workers, great place to start a career.
Great Company to be associated with
Customer Service, Order Handling Specialist (Current Employee), Midland, MIAugust 18, 2014
Pros: great hours and benfits
Cons: not in my career track as my past was events, sales and marketing
I enjoy my culuture here at DOW and look to advance year by year.
Excellent company to begin my career
Production Engineer III (Current Employee), Freeport, TXAugust 15, 2014
Pros: every other friday off, internal job board
Cons: pay could be better, benefits are good not great
Dow chemical was a great place to begin my career while learning the ins and outs of working in a chemical plant as a production engineer. I had a fantastic experience with the engineers, technical staff, and operators within my plant which made the day to day work enjoyable. From speaking with other engineers throughout the company your experience – more... will vary widely depending on the plant you work in. – less
Productive and family oriented
Global Purchasing Expediter (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 14, 2014
Pros: recognition ceremonies
A typical day at The Dow Chemical Company was self-paced and productive. Expediting for this company at times could be intense but very rewarding all at the same time. Management made sure the hard work employees put into their job did not go unnoticed. All employees of The Dow Chemical Company was family oriented and helpful to one another. Everyone – more... made each other's job easier by going over and beyond to make sure help was given when it was needed. So, I can honestly say there were no hard parts of the job. Being able to communicate, work well with clients, and excel in my job responsibilities in order for the company to achieve their goals was the most enjoyable part of the job. Also, being able to work at your own pace with little or no supervision was great. – less
One of the Best Companies to work for
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Marietta, GAAugust 13, 2014
Culture very cut and dry. Everyone knows the expectations and the systems are in place down to a "t." Awesome benefits even for contractors. Love it. I left because I wanted to become a leader. Wasn't ready to wait my turn, but still a great place to work.

1 2 3 4 5

About The Dow Chemical Company

Dow combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is – Read more

The Dow Chemical Company Photos