The Dow Chemical Company

The Dow Chemical Company Employer Reviews

Best Place to Work
Intercompany Clearing House (ICH) Accountant (Current Employee), Midland, MIMarch 31, 2014
I love this Company because they care about their employees and help to develop you as an individual and professional in the Finance field.
Safe work place
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Plaquemine, LAMarch 30, 2014
Really strict place to work at but every one is nice, We had over 300 employees on site and ran all jobs safely.With help of the plant as well.
N/A
SL1 Material Handler (Current Employee), Midland, MIMarch 27, 2014
If you are higher up in the business than working there is great but if you are apart of the lower scale than your days are numbered.
Operator Intern (Current Employee), Taft, LAMarch 24, 2014
12hr rotating shifts
peer reviews
goal driven
good management
Extremly High Overtime Percentage
Process Technician (Current Employee), TXMarch 11, 2014
Work environment is steady busy on an average day. Advantages are definitely being able and capable to plan tasks and allowed to make decisions without immediate supervision. The work/home balance is uneven almost to an unsafe environment having to work so many days/nights in a row with an un safe turn around. Work well with fellow co-workers and capable – more... to help anytime needed in a safe manner. Learned chemical processes and troubleshooting very well. Management needs improvement with organization as well as communication. I enjoy fixing and troubleshooting somewhat stressful situations. The hardest part would most definitely be the working days in a row without enough rest or breaks in between. Overall I enjoy working there and like my plant process; the downside to my current plant would be, as mentioned above, the work/life balance and management organization. – less
Great Family Oriented Workplace
Project Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TexasMarch 10, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Flexibity and great work environment. From top management to co workers, everybody is great to work with.
Job opportunities for directs and contractors
Pipe Stress Engineer (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 9, 2014
Pros: no dress code
Cons: 30 minute lunch
A typical day at Dow begins anytime from 6am to 6pm. The hours are flexible so you can have work and life balance. There is limited micromanagement. Overall, the environment presents opportunities for professional development and growth.
Great place to work for professionals with young families!
Customer Service (Current Employee), Midland, MIMarch 6, 2014
Dow is a great place to develop your expertise in multiple areas within a big corporation. Opportunities to expand your breadth of knowledge on the ins and outs of how large maufacturing companies operate. The headquarters is based in Midland, Michigan, which is a great small town experience with a lot of the culture you would find in a big city. If – more... you are looking for a great place to grow a career and raise a family, Dow is a definite top employer! – less
Dow Chemical Co.
Global Project Leader (Current Employee), Midland, MIMarch 6, 2014
Dow has given me the opportunity to expand my experience and education globally. They offer a good compensation package and flexible working hours. The diversity and cultural interaction is wonderful.
Ask more more as I happy to discuss in person.
I love working at Dow!
LAO Liquid Logistics Caustic Coordinator (Former Employee), Plaquemine, LAMarch 5, 2014
Pros: location, pay, management, fexible hours
Cons: benefits
This was a great company to work with. I was a contractor through Kelly Engineering and was treated very well at the Plaquemine, LA location for Dow Chemical. The flexible hours are a huge plus! The pay was good and I felt very safe inside the plant. The benefits were not that great through Kelly but they never are for contractors. I hope to one day – more... be a permanent employee at this site. – less
OPERATOR
operator (Former Employee), ROBERTAMarch 2, 2014
HAVE BEEN WITH THIS COMPANY FOR TWO YEARS LOAD AND UNLOAD TANKERS
Dow Review
Engineer (Current Employee), CAFebruary 19, 2014
Dow is a great company with incredible people. From a chemical engineering perspective, opportunities are limitless, and with Dow's extensive market, many disciplines are available.
GREAT PLACE
Temp (Former Employee), Wilmington, ILFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: family type feel workplace
Cons: none really
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
VERY FOCUSED ON SAFETY AND GOALS
GOOD MANAGEMENT
Excellent Corporation
Senior Construction Scheduler (Former Employee), Pittsburg, CAFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: professional environment.
Highly professional company in many ways. Very nice to work for.
Do not care about employees
Instrument and Electrical Technician (Current Employee), Freeport, TXFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: stable job
Cons: no advancement and low pay
I would look for another company before applying at Dow. The pay is low compared to other companies and upper management does not care about the people that keep the company running and operating safely.
Strong Corporation - Talented Team
Sales Manager - North America (Current Employee), Marietta, GAFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: autonomy, teamwork, and leadership opportunity
Cons: frequent reorganization
This career has helped me grow professionally and explore new markets and customer segments that have improved my overall knowledge and experience. Working closely with the government agencies and supporting contractor network has given me unique experience in a challenging market.

I have also made some close friends that I believe are lifelong. We – more... have grown close through hard work and self-sacrifice. We also know how to enjoy our time at work and away from work.

The most enjoyable part of the job is helping others achieve their goals and objectives. While traveling domestically and internationally for business is demanding, it is also enjoyable and fun to experience new cultures and climates. – less
SAP EP cosultant
Team Lead (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHFebruary 3, 2014
Working around 9 hours a day , working on development and Having meeting and discussion during the evening time when USA starts the day

I Have worked on 3 projects with END to END development and have learnt to maintain records of your daily work .

When you work in a Project which is sharing its work with some other company in order to provide solution – more... to client , it becomes difficult to coordinate if the Team spirit is missing from third party .

Working on tough deliverables and Providing best solution on it – less
Good place to work on.
Senior Process Automation Engineer (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 31, 2014
Work culture is good. Challenging oppurtunities are available. May not get a competitive salary though.
Great place to work if you can learn to tow the line
Run Plant Engineer (Current Employee), Edina, MNJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: flexibility and autonomy
Cons: indecision and redirection by leaders. lack ability to reach consensus.
Excellent benefits & good technical mentors. No value on diversity of style or opinions. If you don't fit in here you are best to move on before you're moved out.
A great, family oriented company, with good job security
Manager, Telecom & Security (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: great community & latitude to perform my work
Cons: local management would not release me to corporate
I managed the telecommunications for a 1,500 person office complex, and had the opportunity to work with a variety of groups, as this was the first time may of the groups had been housed together. I provided daily supervision to a corporate message center at a time when communications was evolving from more people to more technology. As a young engineer – more... I was able to both lead that change for the Houston Dow Center, and participate in the corporate telecommunications leadership group, which culminated into a national multi-node satellite network. When the economy slumped in 1980, I was charged with salvaging a group of designers and draftsman though forming an internal security team and releasing the contract security guards. There was never a moment where there were not similar opportunities. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About The Dow Chemical Company

Dow combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is – Read more

The Dow Chemical Company Photos