The Dow Chemical Company

The Dow Chemical Company Employer Reviews

A stepping stone for engineers
Senior Process Technician (Current Employee), Oyster Creek TxJuly 16, 2014
High management turnover, different messages through the layers of management
fun and friendly environment to work
SAP FICO Consultant (Current Employee), Midland, MIJuly 15, 2014
my co-workers are my homies, work together and hangout together after work. our wives hangout together as well. therefore, our discussions are all about work and this helped me to develop real quick in what I'm doing. the hardest part is the COLD weather.
Administrative Assistant-Technical
Administrative Assitant - Technical/Chemical (Former Employee), Midland, MIJuly 14, 2014
Pros: heavy work load - good attitudes and great co-workers
Cons: heavy work load - need to stay positive!
As previously noted, I worked in the Research Center of The Dow Chemical Company. My job, mainly, was to type research reports based upon the research being done in the lab which I was stationed. We also sent a lot of "communications" to people all over the world, including Africa. Often times, Management would hand over some report which needed to – more... get done "yesterday." I would usually get handed this report because I learned to type 120 wpm, including chemical equations with great accuracy. My co-workers were more than just that. They were my friends and family. Together we worked a lot of overtime and became the most productive research admin. assistants in the whole Center. I also was selected to work exclusively for a Sr. Research Manager due to my office skills. I loved working at Dow and usually came in early, and worked late, just like my co-workers. Management was very appreciative! – less
Ok pay with alot of ups and downs
Instrumentation and Electrical Technician (Current Employee), Freeport, TXJuly 8, 2014
Pros: vendors
Cons: spread thin
A lot of paperwork
some management are easy to work with and for
Work groups are treated separate (maintenance, operations, projects and contractors)
Made Epoxy adhesives
Mixer Operator (Former Employee), Midland, MIJuly 5, 2014
Pros: good money and overtime
Cons: poor managment
Stage batches, add powders to mixers, perform alot of specialized task: had poor management, had to think of fly everyday, dealing with chemicals everyday, lots of overtime.
favorate place to work
Production Operator (Former Employee), Plaquimine, LaJuly 4, 2014
Worked with a tight nit crew that treated each other like family, safety was our first priority, I was able work in my preferred field of study, I trained very hard and was able to learn the process of Ethylene production, I learned how to assemble a crew and accomplish a task with teamwork and work unsupervised while performing a routine operations – more... task. I enjoyed working in with people in an environment that requires problem solving skills, and working shift work.
The hardest part of this job was leaving. – less
stable company
Various (Former Employee), MidlandJuly 2, 2014
stable company, some identity issues. Employees are great, managers are mostly good.
Productive and rewarding workplace.
BPS Information Processing Specialist (Current Employee), Business Processing ServicesJuly 1, 2014
I work for a contractor for the Dow Chemical Company. Dow is a positive environment to work in that encourages health, safety and work/life balance. My co-workers are great people and the hardest part of my job is that it is not permanent for The Dow Chemical Company. I enjoy the occasional opportunities for fun and especially the learning opportunities – more... from Global Leaders. – less
Great Employer
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Midland, MIJune 28, 2014
The flexibility at Dow is very good. Training and safety is a priority at Dow.
Very productive workplace with safety being of the utmost importance.
Operator (Current Employee), Freeport, TXJune 25, 2014
Pros: job security, excellent safety record
Cons: rotating shift, unit i am in is shorthanded, overtime exceeds 35%, keeps me from my family to much, i also don't have very much of a chance to continue my education.
I have enjoyed working with the Dow Chemical Company. I have learned a great deal in my time there. I have gained confidence and have had the chance to be an empowered member of a good team. I feel that it would benefit me professionally to look to other opportunities where I can further my skills, knowledge, and have an opportunity to continue my education.
Rotating Shift Work
Packaging, Quality Inspection, Warehousing (Current Employee), Midland MichiganJune 20, 2014
Pros: good benefits package and 401k
Cons: rotating shift schedule
7 Midnight shifts in a row including weekends, 7 Day shifts in a row including weekends, 5 Afternoon shifts. The rotating schedule is a tough schedule when trying to balance family life with work life. This is the biggest negative aspect of my current career.
Excellent Work Life Balance
Business Environmental Technical Manager (Current Employee), Freeport, TXJune 17, 2014
Excellent work life balance. Good atmosphere with good co-workers. Location is something to consider.
lack of career advancement opertunities
Senior Process Operator (Current Employee), LouisianaJune 16, 2014
Pros: the pay
Cons: the culture
Negative culture
Not many career advancements in for certain pay grades
Can make 6 digit salary within 5 years with sometimes endless but mandatory overtime
Fun Time
Volunteer (Former Employee), Midland, MIJune 11, 2014
Pros: very fun
Cons: nothing
I handed out free balloons and had a blast just talking to people and watching the ball game with my family.
relax and laid back
Design Drafter (Current Employee), houston txJune 2, 2014
great place to work for and to learn various job skills.

stress free and have gym to go and work out during the day
Shift work creates difficult work/life balance
Pipefitter/Welder (Former Employee), Midland, MIMay 25, 2014
Shift work creates difficult work/life balance. Change in work hours weekly creates difficult sleep patterns.
good company
Emergency Services Operator / Fireman / EMT (Former Employee), Freeport, TXMay 22, 2014
Pros: competitive compensation
although they get some low marks from me they are one of the better companies I have worked for
Great company to have been a part of
Co-op Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Midland, MIMay 21, 2014
Good stepping stone to gain professional experience in the laboratory setting.
Fun place to work, but a lot of chemicals to deal with.
Works as water evaporator tech and EVA operator (Former Employee), 5005 Barnard Mill Road, Ringwood, IL 60050May 16, 2014
Pros: people i worked with and friends i have made.
Cons: chemical exposure and shift changes.
I do not want to keep working in a chemical plant for my health. My long term health means more to me than a job that pays money and gives benefits. The place was full of nice people and there are ways to avoid chemicals, but o not want the thought of getting exposed. The older I get the more I realize that it is important to enjoy our time and this – more... includes working. I never cared for the notion of just going to work and dealing with how much it might be dreadful. Now, I want to do something in a way to enjoy my talent. I was a great writer in college as a history major, but I just got away from that and distracted by life. I see how much better life can be when I explore my talents. Dow Chemical gave me a valuable life lesson, but it is time to move on. – less
Material Scheduling
Materials Scheduler (Former Employee), Midland, MIMay 9, 2014
Pros: we were able to work remotely at times
Cons: unprofessional staff
Loved this job! The hardest part of this job was dealing with individuals who were not team players. I loved dealing with my suppliers and coordinating shipments.

1 2 3 4 5

About The Dow Chemical Company

Dow combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is – Read more

The Dow Chemical Company Photos