The Dow Chemical Company

The Dow Chemical Company Employee Reviews

MEC Health & Safety Delivery Tech for ES (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXDecember 22, 2016
Great Place to work, management has a great span of experience and mentor capabilities. I would suggest working for The Dow Chemical Company.
Working at Dow
Operator (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXDecember 20, 2016
Top management very good BUT lower management bad. Especially those in charge of the warehouses. ( foremans, supervisors). Dow needs to purge this supervisors out. Other than that the other managers are great. Especially H R in Freeport, Texas.
Pros
Good company to work for. When I started.
Cons
Some benefits taken away.
work
Waste Water Operator (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIDecember 14, 2016
great job good culture some where to grow and learn not the best for family life working rotating shifts good benefits for those who have dependents.
My career at DOW
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXDecember 13, 2016
From the beginning of my career with DOW, the leaders, staff, and co-workers made you feel like family. Working a shift schedule, the people I worked with believed in "Team-work" and doing a great job to keep the plant running. While there, DOW encouraged career moves and safety was number one. I enjoyed my time and thankful for the opportunity in working with good people.
Pros
Good benefits, allowed over time, and good time off to spend with family.
Cons
sometimes long hours.
Was challenging and fun.
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIDecember 8, 2016
I enjoyed walking into work everyday. I accepted both of my positions in the Dow Chemical Company without there being any training or work processes available. I mainly had to train myself for both Dow positions. I created a work process which was sent across seas. We had to train the new employees on the work processes that we created.
Pros
Great pay.
Cons
Company main concern is where to save money by sending US jobs across seas.
Absolutely Zero chance for contractors to become permanent for 99% of Contractors
Office Professional (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsDecember 4, 2016
Dow uses Contractors as a means to keep great people working for them at a very reduced rate and with no intention of ever using their temporary status to evaluate performance to move up. If you don't care about paid vacations, time off, holidays, 401k, insurance or any other benefit, they are alright. If any of the above matters, don't bother applying.
Pros
Still paid to show up as a contractor
Cons
Everything else.
A great place to start
Inspector (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEDecember 2, 2016
I have no problem with where I work, except for the hours and the fact that I've been in logistics in the army for 10 years and am about to graduate with my associates in transportation, distribution and warehousing. I NEED to grow with this.
Pros
Great work environment, friendly people, management is personally hands on
Cons
I work 2nd shift and have a 10 year old son
Good company
Senior Improvement Engineer (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXDecember 1, 2016
Ok place to work and develop. Job is flexible, opportunity to travel. Could be less hierarchical and while some places are micro managed others allow for plenty of breathing room
A good company to work for.
Associate Principal Engineer (Current Employee) –  Collegeville, PANovember 27, 2016
Good salary; good benefit; fast pace; good coworkers.The job is very challenging, but rewarding. Heavy work load. Would recommend this company to job seekers. High visibility job with good job security.
great salary and compensation but poor management
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Taft, LANovember 22, 2016
good place to work but very risky due high attrition in the units
very high likelyhood you will be fired for any safety violation.
Very high overtime as a process technician
Research Scientist
Research Scientist (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXNovember 18, 2016
I would not like to divulge any personal or professional opinion of this company on a public site. Thank you for the open platform and information, but my opinions will be kept private. Cheers
Competitive pay and benefits
Site Operations & Logistics Leader (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 17, 2016
Competitive pay and benefits. Lean work force with a heavy workload for all. Excellent range of responsibility and growth opportunities.
very nice and clean place
Aircraft Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Freeland, MINovember 16, 2016
loved cleaning the planes every day and helping the technicians with some repairs was lots of fun. When i was there i learned a lot about the planes and how they worked and about what goes on in them while in flight.
Pros
clean and neat place
Distribution Operator
Distribution Operator (Current Employee) –  Freeport, TXOctober 26, 2016
Good Company to work. Good Benefits, Just takes time to move up and you need your degree to move to an operations Job, overall not a bad Company to work in Freeport,TX.
Pros
12hr Shifts, Lunch and learns
Cons
Takes time to move up and start pay is not that great
Cares about employees, but can't always execute on that
Communications Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 25, 2016
Company tries to care about work/life balance, but they end up making it just one more thing a group of employees has to add to their workload-to sit on a committee to figure out how to achieve it.
Productive and a great work place
Crossing Guard, Fire/Hole Watch, Carpenter Helper (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXOctober 24, 2016
Productive and learning all types of safety in different environments.You meet a wide variety of people from all over the world.The co-workers are great.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Unpredictable work with constant management changes
Pulp Grinder Operator/Logistics Helper (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIOctober 21, 2016
Worked here for almost 7 years, in that time we had 4 different production leaders and engineers swap out on a yearly basis. I also had 5 different bosses in that time. Every day showing up to work you really had no idea what to expect, communication between management and employees was lacking. The 12 hour swing shifts were hard to get used to and making time for personal activities and appointments very difficult. Co-workers were the people you saw the most in your life, so they kind of became your family.
Pros
Health benefits, nice co-workers and decent pay
Cons
Bad management and poor job security
good
Strategic Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 21, 2016
very good place to work.
very good for career advancement.
Peers are very helpful
Lots of training
Lots of mentoring
Learn the full commodity of the business
Love this company
Maintenance Documenter (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXOctober 13, 2016
I really liked working for Dow Chemical and I think that they offer some of the best benefits I have ever had. I wish I wasn't laid off because I really enjoyed my job and the manager that I had.
In general comments
Sr. Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 30, 2016
It was a very good place to work and it was very close to my home. Traffic is a big factor and I was able to work flexible hours to work around the traffic. I had a great piping lead that was very understanding, would definitely work for him again,
Pros
VARIABLE BREAKS & LUNCHES AS NEEDED
Cons
IT HAD TO END BEFORE I WANTED IT TO.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Dow Chemical Company. Our community is ready to answer.

The Dow Chemical Company Reviews by Location