The Dow Chemical Company

The Dow Chemical Company Employee Reviews

Volatile
Environmental Health & Safety Tech (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXSeptember 14, 2015
A good place to work if you can keep your job. Good work performance reviews and work ethics is no guarantee of employment. I was acquired through an acquisition. I was never told my work quality or quantity was lacking. Always had good performance reviews but was told no longer a part of the new organization when I turned 52. Dow's business model is to perform a 10% purge every three years or so.
Pros
High salery, good benefits
Cons
Low job security
Work life balance and opportunities unlimited
Senior Lead Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXSeptember 13, 2015
Excellent place work with good culture, focussed on personal grooming.opportunities to move out of discipline, other training like 6s , leadership
DO NOT APPLY!! Dead end job!!
SSRP (Current Employee) –  Midland, MISeptember 8, 2015
Once you've made it past a certain point you'll figure out you've trapped your self in the worst company in the Tricity area! Low hiring wages and no room for advancement make a pretty decent job a nightmare. You miss out on family life and events regularly. Management is a joke forgetting where they came from and what it feels like to be on the bottom. So please please PLEASE do not apply here keep moving on!!
Pros
Cons
Read above statement
Dynamic and challenging high specialized job
Lead Improvement Manager PU Packaging Adhesives (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 6, 2015
A place where you can develop yourself and support others to achieve required performance level.
I loved to have a global reach with different cultures and establishing connections inside and outside the business.
The company offers a great package of benefits.
People changes and politics have a big impact in the operation and challenge the organization.
Pros
Build it yourself mentality and great benefits
Cons
High politic environmental
Scaffold Helper (Former Employee) –  LouisianaSeptember 2, 2015
i help my co-workers to lift heavy objects to help them bulid a scaffold. the hardest part of the job is lifting mutilple objects at onec when we are short handed
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great People
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIAugust 31, 2015
I have been with Dow for 2 years, and have worked with many great people. My job was eliminated and that is the only reason I left. The pay is good, the benefits are decent and the company is great in general.
A productive and fun place to work.
Chemist Manager of Laboratory (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXAugust 28, 2015
A productive and fun place to work. I enjoyed all of the various projects - both chemical and biological. I enjoyed working with my workmates.
Pros
The workers were friendly.
Cons
Nothing comes to mind.
Great place to work with great pay
Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIAugust 26, 2015
A typical work day varies, for the most part it is relaxed as long as you make your rounds and stay on top of what your process is doing. Co-workers are great, you spend a lot of time together and get to know each other and you become pretty much like family after a period of time. Over the 31 years I was there I have had the opportunity to learn and experience a wide field of the chemical manufacturing industry. The hardest part of the job was working the rotating swing shift, the best part of the job was the people.
Dow was at that time a real good place to work.it was very famly orientated.
Supervisor - Five (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXAugust 19, 2015
Overall it was great to work at Dow. It gave me a chance to raise my family and get their education. The work was also fast paced and I worked with some demanding supervision. I had some really great jobs there.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
Some areas you did not know where you stood.
I look over procedures to make sure they align with DOW’s standards, I do self assessments on life critical standards, I work manage the compliance ta
Health and Safety Technician (Current Employee) –  Freepot TxAugust 14, 2015
I like my job and my co-workers I am looking for a job with travel if possible, I will have my bachelors in Health and Safety Management in March of 2016
DOW needs inprovement
Distribution Operator (Current Employee) –  Freeport, TXAugust 13, 2015
Management should show more concern with fuctional aspects. Plant has been over utilized with little upkeep. Many times this reflects poorly upon the everyday working man.
Pros
Limites
Cons
Lack of funding for everyday operations
Great company
District Engineer (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHAugust 12, 2015
This company invested in me with training and rewarded me for my efforts very well. I enjoyed the freedom and traveling to new areas to work. I learned more here than any other place I have worked.
Pros
Constant training
Good Company
Accounting Technician/Auditor (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXAugust 8, 2015
Auditing payables invoices, journal vouchers, reports, creating new vendors, handling IRS 1099's and IRS Notices of Levy. Release checks, work with other county employees, purchasing, receiving and vendors.
Pros
Benefits, Job Security, Pay, Flex Hours
Cons
Forced rating system, No fun, too many meetings
Good place to work and get paid well
Plant Chemical Operator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburg CaAugust 5, 2015
Day is a 12 hour shift and starts at 430 am or pm
Log book and tasks for the shift review
Shift meeting
Do work, monitor, sample process, check safety gear and instruments
Load products to railcar or Isotainers
Communicate all shift with shift parteners
Safety, board reviews, training meetings
Pros
Good work enviroment
Cons
No real cons
A great place to work, specially for Chemical Engineers
Network Security Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Midland, MichiganAugust 4, 2015
I had over 30 years of satisfying IT career with the company. While positions in Manufacturing and Research continue to be world class, IT roles have been reduced due to waves of outsourcing. IT Management roles; developing strategy and oversight of service providers, are few and well sought-after.
Pros
Competitive salary and compensation; emphasis on growth
Cons
Diminishing entry and mid-level IT roles
ok
Process Technician (Current Employee) –  gaAugust 3, 2015
not terrible not great either, some great people, some not so much. pays well, good benefits. wish things were different with management,
Great
G-Tech (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 31, 2015
Site is great, very educational. Friendly co-workers and a relaxed environment. Customer Service, Assistant to the sourcing manager and sourcing specialist.
Great Place to work
Mobile Solutions Client Implementation Lead (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXJuly 28, 2015
Great company with great benefits and room for advancement. Challenging and rewarding work and the ability to work with great people across different fields.
Enjoyed my job, the people were very friendly and a good team
Administrative Assistant & HSE, DCC (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXJuly 25, 2015
First thing in the morning I opened outlook, review all emails from my boss and other staff members. Completed all action items and other requests first, then I started doing my other daily duties. These duties included managing several other tools as Action Items, MOC, GEMTS, and moving documents to Documentum and linking them to EDMS database, etc...
great paying job
Fabrication Technician (Current Employee) –  New Iberia, LAJuly 22, 2015
this job has very good pay and is an amazing workplace. everyone is very friendly and it is a family like work place. amazing amazing amazing amazing amazing amazing