The Dow Chemical Company Employee Reviews

Great place to work and have opportunities for career advancements
Intern Operator (Current Employee) –  Plaquemine, LAApril 29, 2017
DOW has been a great place to work during my internship. Co-workers are very family oriented and don't mind teaching and explaining how operations work, if you're willing to learn and leadership is also great.
Challenging, opportunity for growth and development
EH&S Specialist (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIApril 26, 2017
The harder you work, the more you achieve in goals and recognition. You can learn something new every day. It is a challenging and competitive environment. You cannot be lazy.
Pros
the benefits are great.
Cons
It can be stressful with various production or regulatory deadlines
Fantastic place to learn and develop
Improvement Specialist, Project Manager (Former Employee) –  LouisianaApril 26, 2017
Dow is a great place for chemical engineers starting out. The company seeks to develop newer employees and has good mentorship programs in place. The company is challenged with developing a common culture with the recent, large acqusitions.
positive, outgoing, safe work place.
Logistics Packager (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIApril 25, 2017
While working for Dow Chemical I learned this was a positive and outgoing work place. I also learned how to be able to work 12 - 14hr shifts and stay motivated. Dow Chemical has also taught me to conduct proper shift relief before and after every shift. Working for this company I have learned all the key components in being the ideal employee for the position in which I am applying.
Pros
excellent benefits, plenty of overtime, safe work enironment
Cons
promotion system was weak, long hours, probationary period lasted two years
Great Intern Program
SUMMER INTERN (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, CAApril 19, 2017
Great staff great, co workers and just an overall great experience. I would recommend employment there to anyone who is interested in a great opportunity.
a great place to work.
Fabrication Technician (Former Employee) –  Island, LAApril 18, 2017
a typical day at work would be in the blanchard grinder area I worked in. first I would pm my equipment , then I would run the work orders in my area. I have learned how to master the blanchard grinders. I learned how to operate the machines with no error. Management did help you if you ask for it. They did work with me solving problems. The workplace culture was do the job in a safe manner. and if you need help they would help. The hardest part of the job is completing the work orders with no error. The most enjoyable part of the job was management would let you do the job the way you wanted.as long as it was done safely.
Pros
bonus, and raises
Cons
bad review, no raises
Great room for growth
Senior Chemist (Current Employee) –  Midland, MIApril 14, 2017
Dow is invested in its employees: internally, classes on personal and profession growth are offered. Dow wants you to do the best you can do and is invested in helping you get there. Management is well trained. As with any job, some managers are better than others, but my experience has been overall very positive. In my department collaboration is valued, I would not call it cut-throat or competitive. I love my coworkers and the collaborations they offer. Dow is also continually putting effort into ensuring diversity since diversity and inclusion is a core Dow value. The leadership is not diverse, which is a growth opportunity for Dow.
Pros
personal growth, professional growth, stock, flexibility, inclusion
Great Place To Work
ADMINISTRATIVE CO-OP (Current Employee) –  Midland, MIApril 12, 2017
I really enjoy working for the Dow Chemical Company. They are a company that is passionate about their employees. Dow is also very strict on safety and I have learned a lot of safety tips that have made me more conscious in everyday life.
Great Company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  MichiganApril 11, 2017
Great company if you don't get stuck in the administrative jobs. Expanding with other companies and developing great locations to work. Excellent company for families.
Great Company with really smart employees
Commercial Development Program (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIApril 7, 2017
Strong company always looking for innovation and challenging the status quo. Great people who hold each other accountable for performance and it shows in the results.
Pros
People, Culture
Cons
Committed to safety and good work practice
Commissioning Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saudi ArabiaApril 7, 2017
I enjoyed working for this dynamic company. They really care about people. Safety is their nr 1 priority and they don't compromise on this aspect. They listen to people's ideas and contributions.
work place ok
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pittsburg, CAApril 5, 2017
the work is good but there can be improvement in the management. not bad for what it is. work is not that hard and the environment is ok til it get hot.
Good local place to work
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIApril 3, 2017
Big company where you are just a number. Great place to work for advancement. Working in chemicals is not for everyone. Located in Midland Michigan
Great workplace
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, CAApril 2, 2017
Great company with a lot to offer in regards to training and career planning, there is a cafe on site for employees to access. Leadership is held to a high standard.
Pros
flexible hours, good work environment
Cons
lack of organization
The Human element is lost
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oyster Creek, TXMarch 24, 2017
They pride themselves on the excellence of "safety first" but the employee is last. They are below industry standards in pay. As people retire they are not replaced. Instead, remaining employees take on the responsibilities.
Knowledgable co-workers and current software with in house updated training
Sr Structural Design (Former Employee) –  Houston,TexasMarch 24, 2017
A comfortable workplace with seasoned experienced employees. they utilize the most current and appropriate software with constant feedback from and training for employees.
Great company to work for
Utility operator (Former Employee) –  Springhouse PAMarch 23, 2017
Great company to work for good teamwork among supervisors and coworkers The benefits were great, it was a first class company along with all the first class tradesmen in the shop which is what is needed to run a company of the size.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
The weather can be difficult at times in the winter.
It is a great place to work
Security Officer / EMT/ Supervisor (Current Employee) –  South Charleston, WVMarch 19, 2017
I am a contractor for Dow Chemical. I like my job. I enjoy working the twelve hour rotating shifts. I have work those shift for nearly 12 years. I highly recommend this company for employment
Pros
pay
Cons
Being a contractor
Productive and fun work place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 15, 2017
Great environment , very diverse, I enjoyed being able to learn new things, very fast paced and I've learned how to adapt to change well. I enjoyed working at Dow
Experience
Distribution Operator (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXMarch 14, 2017
Good learning experiences with this company. Many of my co-workers were well trained and informed of processes and changes. I would recommend this company to others.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Dow Chemical Company. Our community is ready to answer.

The Dow Chemical Company Reviews by Location