The Dow Chemical Company Employee Reviews

Fun activites throught out the year. Company picnic, popcorn day etc.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIJune 22, 2017
Great place to work with flexible hours. An open office environment to allow for interaction between fellow coworkers and other departments. Opportunity to attend additional training courses.
Chemical Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Midland, MIJune 21, 2017
Job expectations are very clear. All tools are in place for you to succeed. People are very friendly and willing to help out. Dow tries to make sure your home and work life is balanced.
Benefits
Cons
Schedule
Quite invigorating professional team
Researcher - Production of Vinyl Chloride Monomer (Current Employee) –  West Lafayette, INJune 20, 2017
It's one of the most comfortable and work-friendly environment with flexible schedule and weekly targets. I learned the real-time design and working of a multi-billion dollar worth continuous plant. The management was very amicable and supported me a lot in transitioning from academics to industry. The toughest, yet most enjoyable part was to fetch the process design parameters from patent literature to get the plant design working. On the whole, I really value this experience as a holistic chemical engineering application into the techno-economical analysis of greenfield projects.
Great place to work.
Sr. Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILJune 16, 2017
Wonderful people to work for, good work environment. Unfortunately had to downsize and my job was phased out and merged with another at a different location. Very sorry to leave. Loved the location, close to home.
Pros
A very family oriented company.
Great company
Member of Food Grade Compliance (Current Employee) –  Texas City, TXJune 15, 2017
Good place to work. Great co-workers. Great benefits. When time off is needed never an issue. I worked in logistics and scheduling of trucks enjoyed working with CSR carriers planners inventory.
Pros
Stayed busy
Cons
stressful
Isolated team support
Project Planner / Maintenance Capital Projects (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXJune 13, 2017
The most challenging effort was to support integrated disciplines between other plants. There was an issue with the teams being separted and not truly integrated. There was a disconnect with management initiatives vs. internal project management.
Pros
Not really many to speak to.
Cons
Isolated from other teammembers
excellent room for advancement
Various Positions Held (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXJune 13, 2017
I worked for the Dow Magnesium business in a variety of departments, including production, research, TS&D and then returned to production. I eventually ran both casting plants in Freeport until the business closed in 1998. Very rewarding work
Pros
Very rewarding work
Cons
Hot!
Typical large corporation
Cost Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 13, 2017
Just like any other massive company you can find. Slow to move and progress, but very stable and easy to have a long career. Plenty of opportunities to learn and grow.
Dow chemical
Assembler/Packer (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, ILJune 11, 2017
A warehouse job that has you on your feet all the time. I was able to lose weight due to having to walk through the whole building to get to my work place.
As a member of a highly efficient team, everyone had their task impacted the project results.
SENIOR RESEARCH TECH (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXJune 7, 2017
Typical work begins with a planning meeting covering the following:
Current Project status
Upcoming project updates
Progress notes on completed projects transitioning to scale up
Training and modification updates for upcoming projects
Managing and prioritization customer needs
Leveraging manpower to meet project needs
Pros
Working on high priority, high value, impact projects
Cons
long hours, high stress
The Dow Chemical Company
Senior Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIJune 7, 2017
Day at work was very typical with busy (60 hour week) times and regular 40 hour weeks. Environment was setup to learn and grow your skills. Language barrier could be difficult at time as was getting the information that is needed. Meeting people and seeing different parts of the company was a huge positive. Upper Management had the final review of the work so you always knew how they thought of your work.
Pros
Free meals while traveling and instant communication of you work progress.
Cons
No breaks due to strict audit timetables.
Loved working for Dow Chemical
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIJune 7, 2017
I loved working for Dow Chemical and wish they hadn't outsourced my position. But everything happens for a reason so it is what it is. I didn't have much of a life working as I spent an hour and a half one way getting to work. However I did get a lot of experience and skills I would not have otherwise.
Pros
Amount of $ earned
Cons
Stressful job
Good company to work for
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXJune 6, 2017
ok company o work benefits could be better for company. Pay could be much better as well. Need better leaders instead of newly college grads. Company should give better 401k matching
Great family atmosphere
Senior Contracts Professional (Current Employee) –  Houston, Texas USAJune 5, 2017
Great workplace with benefits to match. Being a contractor does have its limitations however, being that job instability will be prevalent. Management is by far the best I've ever worked with, and have gained a lot of invaluable experience working alongside them.
Pros
Employee appreciation
Cons
Job instability
Very large company
Instrumentation Technician (Current Employee) –  Freeport, TXMay 31, 2017
Very large company, sometimes you feel like you are just a number, over all a good place to work. I am just looking to relocate to a new part of the country and do something different
Pros
close to my home
Good work environment
Sr. Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee) –  Seadrift, TXMay 30, 2017
DOW Chemical treated me good while I was there. Comprehensive pay, excellent benefits, good balance of work to time off ratio. I would work for them again if possible.
Good place to work.
Small Project Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXMay 26, 2017
Liked my job very much. Pay was pretty low. Upper management leaves some to be desired. People there are very helpful and good about training others for new roles.
Pros
Training
Great
Commercial Wall Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 26, 2017
Great place to work! I love it so much! Everyone else would love it too! I love working at Dow! I need to meet a 150 character limit that is coming up soon.
Enjoyed working at Dow
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  New HampshireMay 23, 2017
Ways to advance especially if located in Midland, MI. Room to advance. However, no job security. Management is from the top down and mid-management appear to not make decisions, only follow what they are told
Pros
Great people who become friends
Cons
Appear to be gobbling up other companies and therefore, no job is safe
Good money for workers with focus on career vs family.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIMay 23, 2017
The compensation packages are generous but you will work for it. All employees are expected to be able to work late hours, weekends and be reached at all times. If you are married and have children it is often a difficult choice between family and work.
Pros
Global company offering several challenges and opportunities.
Cons
Global company with goals to meet and the employee's well being is not always the priority.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Dow Chemical Company. Our community is ready to answer.