The Dow Chemical Company Employee Reviews

Great place to work to raise a family
GMISS Technologist (Current Employee) –  Freeport, TXMay 16, 2017
My job is very challenging which peaks my interest and commitment daily. There is ability for advancement but it is limited in the Technologist role.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Long Hours
Engineering with many positions and opportunities for advancement
Intern (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXMay 16, 2017
Chemical engineering internship was interesting and challenging. Culture inviting and inclusive. Office fostered great learning environment as well as encouraged teamwork
Productive Place
MRO Warehouse Receiver/ Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Pittsburg, CAMay 16, 2017
Great Place to grow, Constantly doing something and learning new things. No Overtime, very slow paced. Safety is crucial at this job and everyone is constantly watching what you're doing.
Pros
Easy, Slow Paced
Cons
No Overtime
Excellent benefits and very stable company - lots of red tape
Unit Leader (Current Employee) –  Freeport, TXMay 12, 2017
Excellent benefits and very stable company - lots of red tape. If you want a stable and supportive career with low risk, this is a great company. The company is risk adverse in every decision they make and as such are slow to adapt to the market place.
Pros
Pension plans and big bonuses
Cons
corporate red tape
DOW Review
Production Technician II (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEMay 12, 2017
I enjoy where I work. The environment is very friendly and I been given the opportunity to complete my degree and look for career promotions within the establishment.
Pros
Friendly, helpful environment
Cons
working 2nd shift is hard on parenting
Great job to work in , enjoy the schedule and the employee that work there.
Logistics Operator (Current Employee) –  Croydon, PAMay 12, 2017
Working at DOW is a great place to work with great opportunities to grow within the company. It is a company that makes sure workers are safe and comfortable as they enter into the facility which is surrounded by hazardous materials.
Pros
Great schedule that allows many days off of work
I/E Technician (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXMay 10, 2017
This was my first job out of school. Good work life balance and safety culture. Leadership cared about the people and their family's. Only left the company to move family closer to "home".
Pros
Good company to work for.
A large compnay
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Midland, MIMay 10, 2017
There are many positives at Dow as well as many negatives that will need to be considered.
Positives:
Pay and benefits are good

Negatives:
Long hours, Nepotism, Corporate politics
Provided oilfield services for polymer augmented waterfloods
Oilfield Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMay 9, 2017
I worked independently, checking in with management at least twice a month. I was able to determine what was required and then completed the task.

Oversaw delivery of product, collected monthly samples and prepared reports.
Engineer copmany
Analytical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburg, CAMay 8, 2017
Engineering as major, limited development for scientist especially at local M&E site. All the training and information are not aligned with headquarter. If you are hired from outside, then you will need long time to adjust yourself to the culture. Lean and politic, place of working for money...
Pros
flexible, paid good, stable job, pension and stock
Cons
politics, lean, chemical manufacturing
Factory work
Assembler/Packer (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, ILMay 8, 2017
Dow is a very strict facility due to the chemicals. However, if you are able to work quickly, safely, and spend all shift on your feet, then the job was interesting.
what I learned
Sr. Document controller (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXMay 5, 2017
I ran the Engineering records department for about 15 years. The most enjoyable part was working on electronically drafted drawing and fixing the problems so we could get them into our archives and find them when needed
Pros
lots of work
Cons
good ole' boy mentallity
Commitment to excellent & industry leadership for top performing professionals.
Manager Eastern U.S. IVM (Former Employee) –  IndianaMay 5, 2017
Professional organization with a culture of excellence in career development & leadership. Dominate market share focus with multiple global markets in industrial chemical & agricultire chemical manufacturing, marketing, formulation, sales & reseash & development.
Pros
Professional industry leader
Cons
High level of life time work investment balance.
Very productive and forward thinking
Senior Toxicology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIMay 2, 2017
Dow is one of the best place to work where people learn so much that they surprise themselves by the extent of their involvement with a variety of projects. It is very quick in pace and making decision is very easy. High pace, loved working there.
Great place to work and have opportunities for career advancements
Intern Operator (Current Employee) –  Plaquemine, LAApril 29, 2017
DOW has been a great place to work during my internship. Co-workers are very family oriented and don't mind teaching and explaining how operations work, if you're willing to learn and leadership is also great.
Challenging, opportunity for growth and development
EH&S Specialist (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIApril 26, 2017
The harder you work, the more you achieve in goals and recognition. You can learn something new every day. It is a challenging and competitive environment. You cannot be lazy.
Pros
the benefits are great.
Cons
It can be stressful with various production or regulatory deadlines
Fantastic place to learn and develop
Improvement Specialist, Project Manager (Former Employee) –  LouisianaApril 26, 2017
Dow is a great place for chemical engineers starting out. The company seeks to develop newer employees and has good mentorship programs in place. The company is challenged with developing a common culture with the recent, large acqusitions.
positive, outgoing, safe work place.
Logistics Packager (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIApril 25, 2017
While working for Dow Chemical I learned this was a positive and outgoing work place. I also learned how to be able to work 12 - 14hr shifts and stay motivated. Dow Chemical has also taught me to conduct proper shift relief before and after every shift. Working for this company I have learned all the key components in being the ideal employee for the position in which I am applying.
Pros
excellent benefits, plenty of overtime, safe work enironment
Cons
promotion system was weak, long hours, probationary period lasted two years
Great Intern Program
SUMMER INTERN (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, CAApril 19, 2017
Great staff great, co workers and just an overall great experience. I would recommend employment there to anyone who is interested in a great opportunity.
a great place to work.
Fabrication Technician (Former Employee) –  Island, LAApril 18, 2017
a typical day at work would be in the blanchard grinder area I worked in. first I would pm my equipment , then I would run the work orders in my area. I have learned how to master the blanchard grinders. I learned how to operate the machines with no error. Management did help you if you ask for it. They did work with me solving problems. The workplace culture was do the job in a safe manner. and if you need help they would help. The hardest part of the job is completing the work orders with no error. The most enjoyable part of the job was management would let you do the job the way you wanted.as long as it was done safely.
Pros
bonus, and raises
Cons
bad review, no raises

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Dow Chemical Company. Our community is ready to answer.