The E. W. Scripps Company Employee Review

View all The E. W. Scripps Company reviews

Excellent Digital Agency with a National Footprint
Digital Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 9, 2013
E.W. Scripps acquired the McGraw-Hill Broadcast group a couple of years ago and brought a wealth of Digital products with them. I was the only corporate employee E.W. Scripps decided to keep on staff and have been leading the charge for their digital initiatives in San Diego and Bakersfield.

I have been Google certified and learned all aspects of digital marketing including: Mobile Display, Contextual & Behavioral Targeting, re-targeting, Search engine Optimization as well as Broadcast journalism.

Overall a fantastic place to work - my life is bringing me back to Orange County otherwise I'd never leave the organization.
Pros
Digital Experts, Market Leader
Cons
Benefits aren't very good.

Other The E. W. Scripps Company Employee Reviews

Management heavy with no clear leader or direction
Producer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 16, 2018
You're expected to work overtime without compensation.
The managers don't seem to have a clear objective and only talk to you to relay criticism.
Some of the choices to fill positions are very questionable.
Unless you are on-air, you are treated as second-class person
There are a few good eggs at the station that truly try their best but they are too few and far between.
Not for me
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 12, 2018
YMMV, especially with a different location. My advice would be to really flush out the assumptions you're making about taking a fully-commissioned position, and verify whether or not they are true. I failed to do this, and was terribly surprised about the expectations held.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The E. W. Scripps Company. Our community is ready to answer.