The E. W. Scripps Company Employee Review

View all The E. W. Scripps Company reviews

Arranging deck chairs on the Titanic
Sales executive (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 4, 2013
Insane, hiring folks with sales background and reprogramming entire sales staff, 3x a year with" latest" sales training that ad director bought this week. They are preparing themselves to death requiring reps to travel in to office in the morning and then dropping everything to " be" at office at 4:00, no matter where the salesperson is or what they're doing. Between sales force and preparing for customer calls, you're lucky to get 3 calls done in a day.
Management realizes the ship is sinking and is throwing the employees out like ballast. I am consistently one of the top producers and yet, they make you feel like dirt..

Avoid this place if you value your sanity and your pride, they will tear you down, to make themselves look good....

Other The E. W. Scripps Company Employee Reviews

Negative Toxic Environment
MANAGEMENT (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 27, 2017
I worked in Detroit for 7 years and had great experience until recent management and corporate wouldnt do anything about it. Corporate mandates news converage but doesn't do anything about management on the local level.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, Toxic Environments, Too corporate management heavy
Great Company
Executive Assistant-Travel Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 20, 2017
great company, loved working here for 16 years. My boss who is a Vice President was let go do to a reorganization change and so therefore my job is being eliminated.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The E. W. Scripps Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7