The Educational Alliance Employee Reviews in United States

different experience
Camp Counselor Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 8, 2015
This job kept me on my toes when working with young children. It gave me the opportunity to put together lesson plans and learn more about each student.
Helping People
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 1, 2014
Teachers really care about the children and Families of the program.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
lack of supervision
not much of a productive day
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 30, 2014
I worked 3 months for this agency. I have to say that I had a horrible experience. I tough that leaving my first job for this one was going to make a difference, in terms of helping children. I had bad encounters with the lead teach, she used to scream at the kids and the agency had a lot of uncompliances. On my fist day, the lead teacher never stop to tell me the rules of the classroom or at least to tell me my responsibilities. She spent most of the day out of the classroom than inside. I encountered other problems that i won't mention because is not worth it. These three months were very hard for me in my professional and personal life, because it cost me a lot of patience to deal with this teacher who also was hired with no experience from the agency. However. I also have to say that the other staff members treated me with respect and were very helpful.
Cons
low salary, no health insurance after 3 months, no scholarships for my education after i had 1 year, etc.
Vibrant Environment
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 21, 2014
Diverse, vibrant environment. Definitely get to experience the culture of the Lower East Side.
Great Company
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 9, 2014
Flexible to work/family balance. Understanding supervisors and competitive pay.
Pros
work/family balance
Productive and Interactive
Secretary for Director of Curriculum and Education (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 16, 2014
The typical work week were Monday to Wednesday and Friday, with Thursdays off. I started at 9 in the morning and ended around 4:30 PM when the children would start leaving. My entire day was stationed at the desk, writing memo's, updating content, and answering phone calls. Depending on what event is going on, the days are usually long and slow.

My co-workers were very polite and helpful whenever I needed assistance and the management I was under was quite well organized.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to interact with the children when they had their free time to play as well as being able to read to them and seeing the amazed reactions on their faces.

Usually the hardest part of this job, however, was maintaining time to get everything done, considering my boss also had me working in the classrooms sometimes as a substitute if one of the Teachers was coming in late and the Head Teacher needed an extra hand.
Pros
interaction with children, independent work
Cons
long, slow days
Family Oriented, Team players
Facilities Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJanuary 6, 2013
This position tought me alot about city and state regulations. I work alot with insurance companies and capital projects. I had a good relationship with the asst Director and Director of the facilities department. The maintenance team was great. We worked together as a team.
Pros
great team, comp time, vacations, personal time off, visiting other sites, laison with companies/vendors
Cons
my position being retrenched
Community based organization.
Director of Evaluation and Planning (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 11, 2012
The Alliance is dedicated to serving low income in Lower Manhattan.
Productive and fun workplace with dedicated, sincere staff
Grant Writer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 10, 2012
I worked at the Educational Alliance as both an HR Generalist and Grant Writer. Both departments required me to be a multi-tasker while remaining focused. Overall I improved my writing skills. There is no time to become flustered or impatient. The most enjoyable and beneficial part of my job were the insights I gained into human nature and my co-workers, the hardest part of my job was having to deal with the capricious side of human nature.
Pros
great benefits & compassionate management team
Cons
80% of funding comes from city, state, & federal grants, job security can be precarious

Want to know more about The Educational Alliance?

Ask a question