The Egg and I

The Egg and I Employee Reviews

Fast paced and fun work environment, with employees that are willing to help one another.
Server (Former Employee), Hoover, ALNovember 1, 2014
The day would usually start with saying hi to everyone, and cleaning and stocking while waiting for my first table. The average shift was 6 hours and would go by so fast! My manager was helpful and very hardworking. The hardest part of the job was, well i can't think of one, and the most enjoyable part was the interaction I was able to have with others.
Great Food
Waitress/Cashier/Host (Current Employee), Richardson, TXSeptember 25, 2014
Waitressing/Hosting at the Egg and I is a lot of fun! The food is delicious! The hardest part is opening at 5 AM, which I never had to do! The best part is closing at 3 PM, the guests, the food, and the staff.
High end high seed establishment
Server (Former Employee), O'Fallon, ILAugust 6, 2014
Pros: communication with customers, pay based of off service
Cons: not a lot of food chains
The egg and I is a wonderful place to work at. Starting from the customers to whom I served to the relationships that are built between co workers. Working as a team was a big thing that makes the egg and I what it is. Attention to detail and great service is what the establishment is about.
Breakfast place
Hostess (Former Employee), Littleton, COJuly 5, 2014
Good experience but not overly friendly employee environment
Great job if your needing a daytime part-time job
Hostess/Cashier (Current Employee), Carmel, INApril 27, 2014
Pros: 50% of meals and up to 4 people when come in on off day
Cons: no breaks. cannot order food on sundays if you work.
This job is for anyone in school or looking just for part-time income.
A fun place to work.
Bussing, Dishwasher, Cooking (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMarch 27, 2014
Pros: free lunch, steady hours
Cons: minimum wage
I enjoyed working here, was a fun environment, with good people to work with. The hard part was the inability to advance because it was a family-owned company with most positions filled.
Fun work place with opportunities.
Server (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 13, 2013
I loved working at The Egg and I, the work schedule was very flexible and the work hours were great. I gained self-confidence working there and I got a better understanding of how to communicate with guest. As far as management, we had a different manager every month, I'm not quite sure what to say about that. I did not find anything to be hard about the job. I found the best part about this job was the work hours and some of the other employees were great to work with.
Awesome place to work!
Hostess (Former Employee), Lincoln, NESeptember 10, 2013
Pros: the co-workers
Cons: not enough hours
Great place to work, great people, great management. Get to meet lots of different people and the food is amazing.
Glorified IHOP
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXDecember 8, 2012
I learned an easy way to make a prep list and a really easy way to poach a lot of eggs at once.
Management was pretty much all new to the game and they, except myself, were always just walking around mostly talking to the servers and sometimes the cooks. The co-workers in the BOH were mostly hard working people with great attitudes, until they all got fired/quit. FOH were a lazy and careless group of people I have ever worked with, with the exception of 2 of them. The other managers would let them use their phones constantly, the servers were not concerned about how quickly breakfast food items get cold without a heat lamp, lots of mistakes in sending orders, re-fires and they just loved to talk too much. The hardest part for me was serving all that nasty pre-processed food. The gravy, hollandaise, salsas and more just come out of a bag. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that I made two amazing friends out of it and I loved when we would all work together because everything would just flow perfectly together and we would have the best cook times.
Hostess (Current Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 19, 2012
Pros: you get out of work early enough to have a second job.
Cons: no breaks.
people are really friendly , food is amazing , management is not good they choose people with zero experience in hospitality and expect to succeed , i will love to grow within the company but with proper training.
working with staf was good
Wait Staff (Former Employee), ARVADA, COApril 5, 2012
Pros: driving was not far
Cons: relying on tips was not good for stress
Working as a wait staff gave experience with customer service.
I enjoyed working here, free food, great money and a set schedule.
Wait Staff, Host, and Cashier (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MinnesotaFebruary 15, 2012
Pros: we were provided with free breakfast.
Cons: i should have never left.
One of the best restaurants I've ever worked at. Some other restaurant wanted me to join there team, and I did. I've been looking for a better job ever since.

The Egg and I Salaries