The Egg and I Employee Reviews

A great place with a terrible owner
Head of Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 16, 2016
Imagine an upscale IHOP, a pancake place for the wealthy. The omelettes are to die for, the waiting staff are all pleasant and caring both to customers and each other. Then imagine that the owner was a complete sack of douche. Imagine that he was never satisfied with cleaning or work even though he had never worked in a restaurant before. Trying to control your work, micro manage things he had no understanding of. Imagine that he cared very much about appearances but nothing for sterile eating environments. That is the Egg and I (in an eggshell).
Pros
Waiting staff, food is good
Cons
No breaks, long hours, terrible owner
Great Company
Cook (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXOctober 6, 2015
Great work environment. Management was down to earth and helped the staff. No real room for advancement. Not enough hours.
Pros
Near home, good people
Cons
Being moved to 4 different locations as needed
Fun work place with opportunities.
Server (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 13, 2013
I loved working at The Egg and I, the work schedule was very flexible and the work hours were great. I gained self-confidence working there and I got a better understanding of how to communicate with guest. As far as management, we had a different manager every month, I'm not quite sure what to say about that. I did not find anything to be hard about the job. I found the best part about this job was the work hours and some of the other employees were great to work with.
High end high seed establishment
Server (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILAugust 6, 2014
The egg and I is a wonderful place to work at. Starting from the customers to whom I served to the relationships that are built between co workers. Working as a team was a big thing that makes the egg and I what it is. Attention to detail and great service is what the establishment is about.
Pros
communication with customers, pay based of off service
Cons
not a lot of food chains
I enjoyed working here, free food, great money and a set schedule.
Wait Staff, Host, and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MinnesotaFebruary 15, 2012
One of the best restaurants I've ever worked at. Some other restaurant wanted me to join there team, and I did. I've been looking for a better job ever since.
Pros
we were provided with free breakfast.
Cons
i should have never left.
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 19, 2012
people are really friendly , food is amazing , management is not good they choose people with zero experience in hospitality and expect to succeed , i will love to grow within the company but with proper training.
Pros
you get out of work early enough to have a second job.
Cons
no breaks.
A fun place to work.
Bussing, Dishwasher, Cooking (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 27, 2014
I enjoyed working here, was a fun environment, with good people to work with. The hard part was the inability to advance because it was a family-owned company with most positions filled.
Pros
free lunch, steady hours
Cons
minimum wage
Great Food
Waitress/Cashier/Host (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 25, 2014
Waitressing/Hosting at the Egg and I is a lot of fun! The food is delicious! The hardest part is opening at 5 AM, which I never had to do! The best part is closing at 3 PM, the guests, the food, and the staff.
Great job if your needing a daytime part-time job
Hostess/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INApril 27, 2014
This job is for anyone in school or looking just for part-time income.
Pros
50% of meals and up to 4 people when come in on off day
Cons
no breaks. cannot order food on sundays if you work.
Glorified IHOP
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 8, 2012
I learned an easy way to make a prep list and a really easy way to poach a lot of eggs at once.
Management was pretty much all new to the game and they, except myself, were always just walking around mostly talking to the servers and sometimes the cooks. The co-workers in the BOH were mostly hard working people with great attitudes, until they all got fired/quit. FOH were a lazy and careless group of people I have ever worked with, with the exception of 2 of them. The other managers would let them use their phones constantly, the servers were not concerned about how quickly breakfast food items get cold without a heat lamp, lots of mistakes in sending orders, re-fires and they just loved to talk too much. The hardest part for me was serving all that nasty pre-processed food. The gravy, hollandaise, salsas and more just come out of a bag. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that I made two amazing friends out of it and I loved when we would all work together because everything would just flow perfectly together and we would have the best cook times.
Awesome place to work!
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NESeptember 10, 2013
Great place to work, great people, great management. Get to meet lots of different people and the food is amazing.
Pros
the co-workers
Cons
not enough hours
working with staf was good
Wait Staff (Former Employee) –  ARVADA, COApril 5, 2012
Working as a wait staff gave experience with customer service.
Pros
driving was not far
Cons
relying on tips was not good for stress
Egg&I
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 18, 2014
Not so relaxed.
business open 6-2.
not enough hours.
Wages are 4.00
plus 3% tips from pool tip.
Breakfast place
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJuly 5, 2014
Good experience but not overly friendly employee environment

2.6