The Egg and I Employee Reviews

Great experience
Server, busser, food runner, hostess (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 2, 2017
Great place to work as a student! Great hours. Great managers. On busy days, work is fast-paced and fun. On slower days, I found myself wandering around and chatting with coworkers.
Had fun made $$$
Server and Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJune 21, 2017
Perfect place for a single mom to work! You go in early, make great money and leave in time to pick your kids up from school. Great regulars and the menu is high priced enough so that it keeps the "no tippers" away.
One of the best breakfast restaurants in waco.
LINE COOK, SERVER, ASSISTANT KITCHEN MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 13, 2017
A typical work day would start at seven and end at three thirty at the latest. I learned how be leader through the entire restaurant. I was able to run the kitchen through a position known as the helm station. I also was a server and was able influence sales and help manage the influx of regular guest. The work place culture was set by the owner manager. She is one of the reasons why the restaurant is a excellent dine. One of the hardest parts was the scheduling, employee turnover rate and call ins, and hostile attitudes. The most enjoyable part of the job was the competitive nature of being able to break sales records on high volume days.
Pros
great tips
Cons
hard to request days off
very fun working here
Server/host (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXJune 2, 2017
I enjoyed my time working at the egg and I I was able to work at two different locations and although I wasn't in the kitchen cooking as I had first applied being a server and hostess was so much fun
slow paced, not enough money
Server (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMay 21, 2017
great place for kids in high school but when trying to make ends meet as an adult it wasn't enough, not enough business and the kitchen staff was always rude and most of the staff was full of drama
fun and fast pace place
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Webster, TXMay 18, 2017
Working at the Egg and I has been a wonderful experience I learned new skills for better customer service, it was my first time working has a waitress. Working here has help me understand the importance of customer service; the hard part is that when its slow you go home with not much money especially because our tips are our pay checks since we get pay $2.13 the hour.
Fast Pace, Great Customers
HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 24, 2017
I loved working at the Egg and I, the team of cooks, waiters, hostesses, and managers were like a family and knew many of the customers by name. They were good at providing quality food quickly and being very personable. My job as the hostess was easy as long as you were communicating clearly between your customers and your waiters. I enjoyed waiting on people and hearing their experience was positive.
Pros
Discount meals, flexible shifts, healthcare option for full time workers
Cons
Constantly on your feet so wear good shoes
Easy Going Fun Place To Work
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOApril 22, 2017
I learned a whole lot of putting together to-go orders. When you pick up an order from a restaurant, instead of dinning, a lot of detail is put into these kind of orders. Also take out orders are taken by servers themselves so this makes the orders for carry out just the more important so that the customer has his/her jelly for his/her toast and his/her English muffin with his/her meal.
Enjoyable work place
Lead Hostess (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, NEApril 3, 2017
The Egg and I was probably my favorite place to work. Everyday at the Egg and I you get to meet new people and see your regular customers also. Working at the Egg and I taught me that I love getting to know people and love having that ability to talk and get to know everyone. The management at The Egg and I was wonderful and still is. Even though I don't work there anymore, everyone who still works there are my family still. The hardest part of the job was having a really busy day and not being staffed well. The most enjoyable part of this work place would being seeing everyone you love and seeing all the regulars that come in everyday and having the chance to talk and catch up with them.
very busy establishment with a fun staff
Line Cook/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLMarch 2, 2017
typical day consists of prepping breakfast and lunch items and serving them in a timely fashion. The best part of the job is putting a smile on customers faces
ok job
Server (Current Employee) –  Littleton, CO 80123February 6, 2017
just your typical early morning serving job. management really sucks but what restaurant has good management? The food is good and healthy. The clientele is elderly and not hard to deal with.
great workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 12, 2017
I ws only able to work here a few short months due to my pregnancy. However, I met some amazing people and exercised my customer service skills on a daily basis.
Good Omeletes
Cook (Former Employee) –  Kearney, NEJanuary 8, 2017
Great place to work with a good atmosphere for the most part. The early hours were made easy by the scrumptious smell of the bacon. I had to add a sentence to move on.
Good place to work...full time job
Cook (Current Employee) –  Saint George, UTDecember 17, 2016
I think its a good job to have...good competition with other co workers...guaranteed 35 to 40 hours a week...out by 330 everyday...good place to learn how to make breakfeast and lunch...
Pros
35 to 40 hours a week
Cons
No overtime unless you work more days
A great place with a terrible owner
Head of Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 16, 2016
Imagine an upscale IHOP, a pancake place for the wealthy. The omelettes are to die for, the waiting staff are all pleasant and caring both to customers and each other. Then imagine that the owner was a complete sack of douche. Imagine that he was never satisfied with cleaning or work even though he had never worked in a restaurant before. Trying to control your work, micro manage things he had no understanding of. Imagine that he cared very much about appearances but nothing for sterile eating environments. That is the Egg and I (in an eggshell).
Pros
Waiting staff, food is good
Cons
No breaks, long hours, terrible owner
Great Company
Cook (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXOctober 6, 2015
Great work environment. Management was down to earth and helped the staff. No real room for advancement. Not enough hours.
Pros
Near home, good people
Cons
Being moved to 4 different locations as needed
Egg&I
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 18, 2014
Not so relaxed.
business open 6-2.
not enough hours.
Wages are 4.00
plus 3% tips from pool tip.
Fast paced and fun work environment, with employees that are willing to help one another.
Server (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALNovember 1, 2014
The day would usually start with saying hi to everyone, and cleaning and stocking while waiting for my first table. The average shift was 6 hours and would go by so fast! My manager was helpful and very hardworking. The hardest part of the job was, well i can't think of one, and the most enjoyable part was the interaction I was able to have with others.
Great Food
Waitress/Cashier/Host (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 25, 2014
Waitressing/Hosting at the Egg and I is a lot of fun! The food is delicious! The hardest part is opening at 5 AM, which I never had to do! The best part is closing at 3 PM, the guests, the food, and the staff.
High end high seed establishment
Server (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILAugust 6, 2014
The egg and I is a wonderful place to work at. Starting from the customers to whom I served to the relationships that are built between co workers. Working as a team was a big thing that makes the egg and I what it is. Attention to detail and great service is what the establishment is about.
Pros
Communication with customers, Pay based of off service
Cons
Not a lot of food chains